[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just purchased this. How do I git gud?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 688_210105545.jpg (134 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
688_210105545.jpg
134 KB, 960x540
Just purchased this.

How do I git gud?
>>
>>334898428

Start by not starving
>>
play a custom setup, only fall or spring since those are the easiest seasons. Use the wiki a lot since most of the things you won't ever find out on your own. Never stop collecting wood and gathering food. Feeding a pig 4 monster meat turns it into a werepig that drops 2 good meat pieces and a pig skin which is useful
>>
Make a birdcage, put a bird in there, give it monster meat to get eggs, make bacon and eegs, gg no re
>>334899783
>spring
Do you want him to get raped by frogs?
>>
>>334899976
he can lure the frogs into traps to get easy frog legs, and if he can't handle it i really hope he knows how to walk away from frogs
>>
I love Don't Starve Together
>>
>>334898428
Play as Wilson for a while he has no drawbacks and slowly learn mechanics.
It's game where you die then you think what you did and then die of something else.
>>
>>334898428
eat red mushrooms.

they're good for you.
>>
>>334902732
Liar, green ones are better.
>>
>>334903716
Can we agree that the blue mushrooms are terrible?
>>
>>334903864
Yes, I guess.
>>
Alright OP I'll give you a few basic tips

Learn how to kite, you can beat almost any enemy in this game by kiting it, the one exception being the dragonfly monster which spawns in the summer.

If this is your first time playing I really recommend not having summer in your season rotation, Summer makes the game much more difficult and if you're trying to learn how to play the game you're almost guaranteed to die there

Mushrooms, ignore the red ones, as for green ones uncooked green ones reduce your sanity by 65 which is only useful when you're trying to farm nightmare fuel, that's something you won't need for awhile though so stay away from those, cooked green mushrooms however restore 15 sanity which can give you a quick buff right before you eventually go insane, blue mushrooms are only worth your time raw, they make you lose some sanity but they restore some of your health

Every time you pick up a flower you get 5 sanity, get 8 or 16 flowers and you can make a flower hat which will constantly restore sanity

Butterflies spawn from flowers, when you kill a butterfly they will either drops butterfly wings or butter, both will restore some hunger and some HP so kill any of them that you can

Stay away from big spider nests, tier 1 nests aren't so bad, just make sure you on;y attack one spider at a time and you don't get hit by more than 1 at once, they drop silk or spider glands, silk will be very useful so try to gather some when you have the chance, they can also drop spider glands which will heal you a bit, finally they can drop monster meat, I really don't recommend eating this stuff unless you're starving, even then make sure you cook it, that goes for any kind of meat

Look for rocks that are grey with some yellow streaks in them, they will drop gold which can be used in different crafting recipes.

Those are some basic things I can think of.
>>
File: purple.jpg (80 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
purple.jpg
80 KB, 850x478
>>334898428
Bring purple dusk back for fuck sake. Science Points was cool too.
>>
If you see something that looks scary you should run from it if you aren't prepared. You can actually face tank every enemy in the game and just run at them with a spear if you have a log suit and a football helmet. Start in fall and prepare for the next season asap, same goes for when winter and summer roll around. If you can focus on getting necessities quickly you can then get luxuries. Also never get greedy and don't be afraid to run away, If your health is low you shouldn't be fighting anything period. F auto fights nearest enemy, use this to kite enemies.
>>
>>334898428
Shit tier art style
>>
>>334905345
art style is great~desu yo
>>
>>334904714
A few more things I want to add

If you find beefalo than collect any manure that you can find, that shit is great for farming which can help you when you begin to build a base with some farms

When you craft a shovel begin to dig up every berry bush you find, that way when you decide on a place to build a base you can plant all of the berry bushes there, after you dig a berry bush up though you need to use manure on it before it will begin to spawn berries again

I reccomend setting up your base in the plains that are hopefully close to some beefalo, if you can't find beefalo then make your base by some rabbit holes, you can put traps on top of rabbit holes that will catch rabbits as soon as they spawn when the day starts, if you harvest several rabbits each day you'll get a lot of easy food

Beefalo eventually go into heat after awhile, if their asses are red then stat away from them, they will attack you for no reason, the only way to prevent this is to wear a beefalo hat

Stay away from caves until you have a decent amount of supplies, I haven't played since the caves were in beta but if they're anything like how they were then they can be very dangerous

If you start in Autumn then you won't have to worry about the temperature or any other ill effects, around day 25 though you'll begin to shift into winter where you'll take damage if you get too cold, the way to get warm is to get close to a fire, torches do NOT help you stay warm. TO stay warm craft a heat stone and place it near a fire, after it turns orange pick it back up and it'll help you stay warm, other ways are to craft clothing which will help you stay warm. The clothing that is the best for this is the Beefalo hat and the Puffy Vest, you can find out more about how to make those on the wiki

FInally, visit the wiki. That has some much information there about the game and everything in it, if you ever have a question about literally anything the answer is on the wiki.
>>
File: 122323423435.jpg (85 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
122323423435.jpg
85 KB, 625x469
>find beefalo herd
>if no beefalo herd by day 10, start over
>rush improved farms
>make 4 or 5 of them
>find grave yard or weird area with the robots
>dig up graves or kill robots for gears
>build as many ice boxes as possible
>get projectile weapon, youll probably get gems for staves with grave yard digging
>look for suspicious dirt piles
>track down super beefalo or whatever, aggro it with projectile weapon
>make puffy vest out of his trunk
>make knit cap or bunny ears for head
>use poop and seeds to get as much food as you can from your farms, store them in ice boxes
>survive winter
>grats, you got good

Thats how you get good with resources, anyways. I can't figure out how to survive late game wolf attacks without baiting them into pig villages/beefalo herds or how to kill titans/giants.
>>
>>334905708
Just put 50 tooth traps near your base and go there when you hear something approaching.
>>
>it's a starving to death in the wilderness simulator

Hey, guise, how does this game compare to UnReal World, the other starving-to-death-simulator? Maybe I'll try it out.
>>
>>334906242
Oh man I love URW. I've played it since high school. You gotta remember its very much a rogue like and everything is hot keys, it doesnt use the mouse at all.

It's a little more unforgiving and doesn't have as much content as DS though. Theres nothing really fantasy about it, youre just some dumbass in the woods with some animals and the occasional crazy tribe of cannibals.

The game does keep you much busier then DS though. For example if you set out to build your own cabin, you'll probably take about a year of in-game time to complete, depending on how big you want to make it. When winter rolls around youll spend a lot of time burning wood and tending to your frost bitten hands.

Murphy's Law is in full effect in that game. You can eat a poisonous mushroom without knowing its poisonous. A bear can come out of the woods and fuck you up because you pissed off the forest god. Cannibals can ambush you while youre hunting. It's not a very nice game. It's the only true wilderness survival sim thats still out there, I feel like.
>>
>>334906602
Thanks for your answer bro, and it was probably my poor choice of wording which lead you to believe I was asking about UrW, but I play that shit and love it. Really I wanted to know how DS fares compared to UrW.

Both you and I agree that UrW is awesome, frustrating, and a real wilderness survival game.
>>
>>334906997
OH whoops I'm all ass backwards.

Then yeah, for a guy like you DS will be piss easy. Winter gets dangerous a lot faster in DS then URW but other then that its not that hard. You can also get killed by summer heat. There are way more enemies and combat and you can't really build a cabin or anything, you just have a camp site kind of thing with walls as your only real protection.

You still get that wonderment of "oh god what the fuck do i do" kind of thing when you first start playing, but once you get basic knowledge of farms and whatever it becomes pretty easy outside of combat.
>>
File: 322330_2016-01-16_00002.png (1010 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
322330_2016-01-16_00002.png
1010 KB, 1024x768
>>334904714
Fuck spider nests
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.