[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>how should we make a reddit tier hard boss? >HOW ABOUT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10
>how should we make a reddit tier hard boss?
>HOW ABOUT ONE THAT HAS 40 HIT COMBOS AND NEVER STOPS
>OH AND IF YOU FIND AN OPENING YOU GET PUNISHED FOR IT
>I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE YOUTUBERS TO PUT UP THEIR FUNNY LE REACTION VIDEOS BECAUSE THIS BOSS IS SO LE EPIC HARD
Based Miyazaki sure knows how to design bosses.
>>
>>334891993
It's okay anon, you don't have to fit into the community if you find it too difficult
>>
>>334891993
reddit tier hard

please off yourself
>>
Parry him, the only move that makes him hard is the punch.
>>
I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'm confident you should kill yourself. Not being good enough at a game is one thing, but you're clearly a shitter on a spiritual level.
>>
>>334892243
There's a quality difficult hard boss like Ornstein and Smough.

And then there's a reddit hard boss like Capra Demon. It isn't hard, it's just obnoxious.

And Champion falls into the latter.
>>
>>334891993
Every fucking From game we get shitters who pick up the series for the first time and whine.

Guit gud
>>
>>334891993
hi dsp
>>
>>334892438
you need to be wiped off of this planet
>>
>>334891993
>reddit-tier hard

what does that even mean you retard
>>
File: 1457494400422.jpg (257 KB, 1276x716) Image search: [Google]
1457494400422.jpg
257 KB, 1276x716
>>334891993
>>334892438
>>
>>334891993
I don't think I've ever died to Champion Gundyr.

Then again, I still haven't done a challenge run, aka any weapon that isn't a straight sword or MAYBE a katana, though straight swords are still just plainly better than any other weapon type in the game, by a significant margin.
>>
>>334891993
beat him first try. I actually wish I died to him, because that fight is wonderful
>>
I beat the character solo on my third try, but I didn't like the boss, felt a bit like Gwyn but in a bad way. Plus unfortunately as the OP said it is just an endless slew of attacks.
>>
File: 1448823998799.jpg (32 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1448823998799.jpg
32 KB, 500x380
>>334891993
My wife's son was able to beat him within 30 minutes of the game. I guess you shouldn't wait. From the darkness behind you, maybe you shouldn't wait till nighttime to fight him? Most action-rpg games increase a monster's strength when the sun goes down.
>>
>>334892470
Every single boss has been fine up to this one. Each fight minus Yhorm has been fairly challenging and had the perfect difficulty.

But Champion Gundyr has way too many moves that chain together. He's akin to being problematic to the hammer enemy in Drangleic Castle, where it isn't difficult, but overly annoying and forces you to either roll for 12 years, or block and murder your stamina bar.
>>
File: 1422127890087.png (186 KB, 1088x687) Image search: [Google]
1422127890087.png
186 KB, 1088x687
dodge towards the weapon hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x387
>>334892656
>iundex gundyr
>oh this is alright
>gets halfway through and gay transformation
>wow what a waste

>get to champion gundyr
>mfw

It felt like the game just said, "alright, now let's do this again for real this time"
>>
>>334892835

>Problematic
>>
>>334892438
>O&S
>quality difficulty
lmao, spotted the das1 nostalgia faggot. the champ is infinitely better than "hid behind a pillar and roll".
>>
>>334891993
>endless slew of attacks
thats not dancer of frigid valley
>>
>>334893078
Dancer stopped and walked around like a retard after each attack, in both forms.

Champion never stops.
>>
>>334891993
He was easy as fuck, I barely remember his move set because I could just react to his animations and roll. You're terrible.
>>
>>334893272
That makes him the champ
>>
my first playthrough he took around 5 attempts to solo.
second playthrough ehhh first try bbgurl
>>
Killed him on my first try. He gives you enough time for 1-2 hits, you just have to waste a couple of openings to replenish your stamina.
>>
if your on ps4 i can help you git gud real quick.
well at least carry your dead weight.
>>
>reddit tier hard

what does that even mean
>>
im a meme master and these memes are new to me

thanks op
>>
>>334893796

It means OP has reddit open in another tab and doesn't want anyone to know.
>>
>>334891993
>REDDITREDDITREDDITREDDIT
You know 4chan goes on about reddit so much that at this point I think it's safe to say 4chan culture revolves around Reddit.
>>
>>334891993
Oh no, a boss you might need more than one try to beat. Artificial something something memorization autism meme

And he is a whole 20 feet from the bonfire. What a chore!
>>
Guys, how do I Pontiff Sulyvahn?
>>
>>334892438
How is Capra hard?
Just fucking roll.
>>
>>334891993
I one shot champion with 5 estus left. You suck penis.
>>
>>334891993
I'm more inclined to forgive him for being retardedly designed because he is an optional boss, but you do highlight a problem with DaS3:

Half of the bosses past Ithryil are designed like Bloodborne bosses with like 7 hit combos (that can be stopped or chained at any time with perfect fluidity you it turns into a waiting game for that ONE pattern where you know you can punish), unlimited stamina and little downtime between attacks, and retardedly sweeping attacks that makes everthing feel like a 360 AoE.
>>
>>334891993
His second form attack patterns are pretty similar to Cleric Beast, only simpler to avoid. And in that game you had no shield. He has tested your gud and found it lacking.
>>
File: 1444940934267.png (58 KB, 682x1949) Image search: [Google]
1444940934267.png
58 KB, 682x1949
>>334894081

Funny thing is, I dont imagine 4chan gets mentioned very much on reddit.

The fact that every other post on here mentions reddit gives this place a "bitterly friendzoned" vibe.

I think 4chan and reddit should fuck so we can just move forward with our lives and not have to bring it up every 30 words.
>>
LITERALLY the only thing you need to do to beat CHAMP is to roll to the LEFT instead of the right.

I know, a difficult concept. I'm not supposed to roll right into range of his kicks and punches?! Inconceivable!

god you fucking suck at videogames
>>
>>334894660

How is that a problem? Git gud.
>>
he wasn't that hard, beat him with ultra greatsword.

Oceiros and Pontiff are harder.
And Aldrich.
And Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>334894856
>le git gud meme
>>
>>334894962

>le

Faggot, git gud.
>>
>>334894660
>the bosses dont stand still for three whole seconds after every combo

These are the fights that actually tend to let you conserve stamina, once you dial in the rhythm of it and only pop one roll per attack. It's an endurance test to see if constant pressure fucks up your zen, but when you calm down and don't overreact its easier than a typical fight.
>>
>>334894530
I didn't say it was hard, it was just annoying. It's a poorly designed boss fight where the first portion is akin to a mimic chest, where you just have to know how to deal with it (the dogs) followed by being as flowchart as possible with a gimmick, similar to Yhorm.
>>
>>334894925
>Oceiros
>hard
In what fucking world?
>>
>>334895249
hardest boss in the game for me, also my favorite.
>>
>>334891993
He isn't that bad
>>
>realize instead of going for a punish after his combo I need to bait out his kick or shoulder slam by standing behind him, then hit him after I dodge it

Oh wow so hard blablablabla
get fucked
>>
>>334895186
>poorly designed
Not at all.
The reason why people think it's hard because it's a complete break from the way is played up until that point.

You were always in control until then, you could take it easy, slowly take your time to think things through. However, this is inversed during that fight. It forces you to think quickly and on your feet, so you can make the right call within a second.

This thing doesn't really happen again until Gwyn.
>>
>>334894660
That's the whole issue of the game. It feels like Bloodborne, but because you aren't playing as a hunter, you have to play this sluggish undead and hope you don't get stamina fucked.

I GUARANTEE if Champion Gundyr was in Bloodborne, the fight would be laughably easy.
>>
>>334895695
Ds3 is hardly sluggish when it comes to dodging, the only thing that is sluggish compared to Bloodborne is attacking, everything else is relatively the same assuming you're under 70% equip burden.
>>
>>334894962
>Calling it a meme means it has less truth
These are the people who whine and complain about Dark Souls 3 and why it needs an easy mode.
>>
i don't think anything will be harder than dancer.
tiny room with shit everywhere, 3 phases of movesets, a fluid movement that is annoying to dodge and hard to read, weird ass hit boxes and pillars that made hitting her with ranged a chore.

dancer was everything i hate in a boss, which made soloing her/him satisfying.
>>
>>334896132
>hasn't fought the Nameless King
u gun git fukd sun
>>
>>334894495
Keep your distance from him in his second phase and use his phantom as an advanced telegraph of his attack, and figure out which ones are punishable

His fight was so meta for me when I realized I could utilize his own mechanics against him
>>
>using Reddit as an example/word instead of a name
>complaining about how difficult dark souls is

You are the problem anons.
>>
>>334891993
Bored op? Sounds like its time to delete your social media and go get some fresh air.
>>
>>334896240
as long as you don't fight him in a closet i should be good, as long as we don't fight inside of a porta-potty.
>>
>>334891993
As long as you have a quick weapon you should be fine. I couldn't make it happen with the exile curved greatsword I was running with the entire game.
That and parrying his double stab attack. He rarely uses that attack in second phase and seems to be coded to only happen at certain distance where you have roll through the first one and parry the second.

Now I will admit he is cheap as fuck in terms of how much he will rotate to land an attack. Champ makes Tony Hawk's 720 look preschool shit.
>>
>>334896362
>say that Champion Gundyr is the only problematic boss in the game
>le git gud xd praise le son
>>
>>334895953
So? I already beat the game, your meme means nothing to me.
>>
>Reddit tier hard boss
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>334891993
>I suck shit through a straw so I'll make a thread about how this boss is "unfair" like the millions of other talentless anons doing the same thing

Really.
>>
>>334892369
Jokes on you asshole, im an atheist so i dont believe in spirits
>>
>>334896547
Doesn't make it any less valid scrub.
>>
>>334891993
>>how should we make a reddit tier hard boss?
What the fuck are you even saying
That might just be the most retarded thing I've read on here today, nice job
>>
>>334892369
This is a high quality post, be proud of yourself lad
>>
>>334896603
Being good at a game isn't talent you pathetic nerd lmao
>>
>>334896776
Being good at fucking your dog isn't talent you pathetic fetishist lmao
>>
The fuck does Reddit Tier even fucking mean?

I swear to god it just means "Thing I dont like" nowadays doesn't it?
>>
>>334896652
What's "Valid Scrub" mean?
>>
>A boss that is hard means it's reddit

So does the boss go to reddit? Or do the designers? Do people that fight the boss go to reddit? Only the ones who win/lose?

Anon I don't understand
>>
File: 1403811578909.png (32 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1403811578909.png
32 KB, 321x322
>_______ BOSS IS FUCKING BROKEN

Really?

Every boss has some sort of 'gimmick' to it, which I think is neat, and once you understand that gimmick the fight becomes easier. What FROM has done with DS3 bosses is actually better than DS1 and 2. It's way more like DeS where you have to be intuitive and think about more than the bosses' moveset.

The wyvern boss is a perfect example. The first time I tried attacking his feet, knowing his head moved around too much to land realistic consecutive blows. I thought maybe hitting his feet would stun him, or make him kneel to hit his head. After 5 minutes this didn't work and I died. On my next attempt I noticed the area was large and segregated. I explored during the fight and saw I could go into the buildings surrounding the area. Immediately I knew this had something to do with the fight. I died twice trying to reach the top, but once I noticed the dragon stopped moving when you reached the plateau above his head, I knew exactly what I had to do.

The boss fights in DS3 are arguably the best in the souls' series.
>>
>>334896921
verb (used with object), validated, validating.

1.to make valid; substantiate; confirm:
Time validated our suspicions.

2.to give legal force to; legalize.

3. to give official sanction, confirmation, or approval to, as elected officials, election procedures, documents, etc.:

A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly
And is also known as a buster
Always talkin' about what he wants
And just sits on his broke ass

git gud in english scrub
>>
>>334892835
dude, he is no more difficult than any other fight solo.

you need to switch it up if you can't do it with your current weapon/rings.
>>
>>334896921
A moron who forgot his commas at home.
>>
Are you one of the people who thinks Dark Souls not having an easy mode is "problematic"? All these games are just memory and prediction, pretty basic skills senpai.
>>
>>334897204
No because Champ is the only problem. This game is piss easy aside from him.
>>
>>334895249
>Oceiros
>harder than Nameless King
ahhaha wut
>>
>>334897270
His only real dangers are the charge and kick, just dodge to the right. If you're really struggling then just bait out his jump attack by blocking and walking back.
>>
>>334897061
Are you fucking kidding me? The messages on the ground literally say "try plunging attack" every 5 feet, and they were dev messages
>>
File: 1458839874792.png (966 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1458839874792.png
966 KB, 1400x1400
I feel like people are not even trying to include themselves in the "I know how a game should be designed and I think this is a piece of garbage" group anymore.
>reddit tier hard
What the fuck does that even mean ? Is this your first week here and you saw someone using reddit as a offense and think it sounds cool and edgy ?
>>
>>334897093
i think you need to get gud at commas, scrub.
>>
>LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE
>>
>>334897452
I didn't read any messages during the fight. that's pretty fucking gay though.

I chalk that up to bandai being more casual friendly
>>
File: 1310571199002.png (86 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1310571199002.png
86 KB, 380x264
>>334891993
>Reddit-tier hard
First week treating you well, buddy?
>>
>>334897504
>Is this your first week here and you saw someone using reddit as a offense and think it sounds cool and edgy ?
If so he's a quick learner. Because that's basically how everyone uses that word.
>>
File: 1460512249667.gif (2 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1460512249667.gif
2 MB, 190x200
Literally beat him in one try with my newly acquired and upgraded Gotthard Twin blades. Incredibly fun weapons by the way. I'm severely disappointed I beat him so easily, he seemed like such an awesome fight. He just didn't have enough health or aggression to pose a threat. Same with Pontiff who I one shotted with the Farron memesword, but that fight was way more intense at least. A!axed people had trouble though, have you not learned to handle peripheral vision and audio cues for double fights?

I am however broken into tiny pieces by Nameless king. Astounding fight visually, thematically and gameplay wise. I can clear the first phase with no his, second just decimates me. Gitting gud, he just takes time.
>>
>>334897608
Ain't got no commas scrub.
I comma here too often.
>>
>using estus and consumeables
>using bonfires
Why do I bother talking to you casuals.
>>
>>334891993
See /v/ that's what happens when you constantly use Reddit as your boogeyman for everything
>>
>>334894807
God why dont you go back to r/gaming you fucking redditor
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.