[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3d Realms/Apogee will never make a good game again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 2820160-bs_mar_2015_screenshot_6.jpg (397 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2820160-bs_mar_2015_screenshot_6.jpg
397 KB, 2560x1440
>3d Realms/Apogee will never make a good game again
>>
How the fuck do you fuck up a revolver
>>
>>334886596

That game swung back from the mostly negative reviews impressively, though probably through fake reviews or some shit
>>
>>334886702
Ask Final Fantasy
>>
>>334886596
>Dev A: Let's make a shooter game for strong independent feminist women!
>Dev B: Yes! Let's do it! Because its 2015!
>*time passes, development finishes, game releases*
>Dev A: ...
>Dev B: ...
>Dev C: Guys... we... we still barely sold anything...
>Dev A: ...
>Dev C: D-did any of you ever check if those people... actually... play shooters?
>Dev B: ...
>Dev C: O-Or... i-if they ... buy games.... like... at all?!

I imagine it ends with C being accused of misogyny.
>>
>>334886776
They apparently fixed most of the bugs, which was the main source of criticism for a lot of people. Still doesn't solve the game's repetitiveness, I shouldn't get bored in a game set in the pseudo-Duke Nukem Universe. Rise of the Triad ran like shit on launch but I had fun the whole game, I don't know what happened here.
>>
>>334886596
>I will never get a 7 again
>>
>>334887994
I gotchu senpai
>>
>>334887964
It didn't have anything to do with that at all really. People were excited for a Duke Nukem spinoff but it ended up being a generic twin-stick with Arkham Knight-tier bugs and performance issues.
>>
>>334887964

Considering it was originally going to be a Duke Nukem game, I somehow doubt feminism was involved here, /pol/.
>>
>>334888284
Are you sure?

Because when you take out the "problematic" humour that the Duke Nukem series had what you are left with indeed is pretty generic.
>>
>>334888396
The point is it wasn't targeted towards feminists or anything, it was targeted towards 3D Realms fanboys. Not sure if you've played it but the humor is pretty crude, not as good as Duke Nukem 3D but even Forever couldn't capture that feeling. Almost all of the reviews, both positive and negative are by Duke fans. The problem is the game just had too much negative word of mouth from the bugs and generic gameplay. I'm not sure why you're trying to force some SJW thing that was never really there.
>>
The real question is when the fuck is Gearbox going to start selling Duke 3D again? Holy shit it's been what, 4 months off of Steam?
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1363x763) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1363x763
>>334886596
ehh it was ok they are also making a bombshell prequel fps using the good old build engine with a dreamteam from duke4.net so it will be elder god tier
honestly i don't know why people don't licence the old engine instead of trying to emulate the physics etc in unity and claim it's oldschool
>>334887964
>strong independent feminist women
no the character was originally going to be duke's sidekick or something but the game was canned due to gearbox
>>
>>334886702
It's a real gun, fuccboi.
>>
I do wish Interceptor was allowed to remake Duke 3d like they did with RoTT, hopefully Gearbox whores out the franchise so they get a chance. Either that or we'll get a Telltale Games version.
>>
File: No Wang.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
No Wang.jpg
633 KB, 1920x1080
>>334889661
I'm so fucking hyped for this. I've been wanting an official game done in an old FPS engine for so long, basically been waiting for lost Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss expansion but now this is coming.
>>
>>334890323
the only problem with making new games on the old engines is that they have to compete with duke or doom maps and mods which set the bar really fucking high
>>
File: 1461116736432.png (245 KB, 450x349) Image search: [Google]
1461116736432.png
245 KB, 450x349
>>334890323
>areola peeking out
>>
>>334886776
what?... did they fix the game?
>>
3d realms, more like 3d rectums
>>
>>334889808
and its really dumb
>>
>>334892418
You mean cool ?

Also is the game really shit or enjoyable despite being terrible
>>
>>334893512
the game is ok, pretty solid top down shootan action game but nothing more than that
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.