[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help infusion my Claymore for my pyro. The Fire infusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: GOTY.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
GOTY.webm
3 MB, 720x405
I need help infusion my Claymore for my pyro. The Fire infusion adds fire damage but it removes all scaling. Cristal and Faith infusion scales both "A" with INT and FTH. So what should a pick ?
>>
>>334880474
Raw and respec all your points into Vigor and Endurance.
>>
Chaos infusion senpai
>>
Infuse your weapon so it'll scale better with whichever stat is higher, if it's a quality 40/40 caster, then do whichever you want, preferably one that doesnt split your damage.
>>
>>334880554
Doing that makes you lose out on like over 100 damage scaling. It is a terrible idea.
>>
>>334880620
I have Chaos Gem but Andre won do it. Do i need a special NPC ?
>>
>>334880731
You need specific Coal. found pretty much where your webm is located.
>>
I'm starting to feel like the only way to make any of the magics worthwhile is to just make a character that does all of them.
>>
>>334880891
Shit is in the lava isnt it ? below the rats ?
>>
Fire and Deep both remove scaling and add flat elemental damage.

Make one of each and you wont need anything else. All bosses are either vulnerable to one or the other.

Yes I know that it's split damage but I don't care. It was less risky to do that, then to spec Raw and come across somebody highly resistant to physical damage.
>>
>>334880963
I think so. just put on your best Fire resistance shit. Sweat yourself out and pop a red pill and you can run and get it pretty easy.
>>
Best weapon for a str and faith build? I just stuck with a claymore
>>
>>334880970
>All bosses are either vulnerable to one or the other
Wrong, Crystal Sage I know at least isn't vulnerable to either. You're better off with a bleed weapon/resin because most bosses have terrible bleed resistance.
>>
>>334881619
Lightning Dark sword.
S scaling. in Faith. and C strength.
Or Heavy Dark Sword for A scaling in Strength.
>>
>>334881619
Blessed Claymore +10
>>
has anyone actually found an invisible door?
>>
>>334882582
Yes, the one in the webm is one of them.
>>
>>334882582
>invisible door
>door
Go back to DaS2 you shitter. And yes, there's one right in Firelink shrine.
>>
>>334882664
Not a joke i came back and it was a invisible door.
>>
>>334882701
Where ?
>>
>>334883027
It's obvious when you find it, I'm not handholding your dumb ass that's too lazy to investigate everything.
>>
>>334883027
If you access the firelink shrine from the roof. the back of the room has a illusion wall.

>>334883132 is a faggot
>>
>>334883230
>spoiling stuff for lazy shits

Everything to get there is self contained in Firelink you just have to open your fucking eyes.
>>
>>334883230
Yeah i know it was something like that. Since i check every wall in the inside to get the item and found not a single ghost wall.
>>
>>334880630
At low SL having an enormous health pool and stamina bar gives you a huge edge. Being able to have a high damage weapon without investing ~30-60 points into stats is amazing. Once you reach a certain SL it's more beneficial to go with a more traditional infusion, but early game there's nothing better than raw.
>>
>>334883326
>WAHH WAHH YOU SPOILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

People leave orange signs on the ground in front of every single illusion wall already.
>>
>>334884305
I beat the game with 15 endurance and like 20 vigor.
40 strength and 25 equip load.
>>
>>334885128
K. Don't know what that has to do with anything.
>>
>>334885185
What it has to do with it is that Pumping Vigor and endurance is stupid when the game gives you more than enough Stamina to dodge everything you need too. and vigor is only a dump stat when something is giving you a hard time.

Start of the game should be pumping stats for Weapon requirements. Mid game is Stamina/Health allocation/ end game is Dumping stats into the damage scaling stat of choice.
PVP is dumping Levels in Health. because you get fuck all estus to fight with and the person you do fight gets twice what you have at the very least.

also Raw blows from start to finish. Not everything is weak to Physical damage. and Heavy or Sharp always beats it out midway through the game.
Hollow beats it out 100 to 1.
>>
>>334884334
It isn't finding the illusion wall (like I said it's really obvious), it's the fact of getting up there in the first place. Seriously if you can't figure out how to get into the Firelink shrine roof you have no hope for finding any other secrets.
>>
File: 1341530331146.jpg (56 KB, 773x722) Image search: [Google]
1341530331146.jpg
56 KB, 773x722
>>334885608
You completely ignored my point but that's fine. You can play however you want.
>>
>>334880731
>>334880891
>>334880963
>>334881265
Bruh the coal you need for chaos infusion is the giant's coal which is found off of the dead giantbro in Anor Londo
>>
>>334885781
Your point was something along the lines of Pump points into Vigor and endurance for easy beginning game and build raw to start out.

Which is still entirely stupid because early game is the very first area up to the boss. Which isn't the least bit difficult and is a gigantic was of early stat gain because by the time you get a +3 broad sword you already beat out RAW weapon potential and you never need to upgrade your weapon to deal effective damage to the first area's enemies and boss.

In short Don't be retarded by spending levels on late game stats like Vig and End, Raw is useless forever, and Git Gud.
>>
>>334886551
You're still not understanding. I said early game. Also, you're operating under the very incorrect assumption that the game is easy for everyone, and that nobody ever PVPs.

I give the advice for the people that might actually need the advice. Of course you could SL1 run all the way to NG+7 if you wanted to. That's not the point. Raw gives you the best damage output with the smallest stat investment and is available from the very beginning of the game; giving players who need the edge the edge they need. Also, relying on the paper doll's sheet damage is misleading and something inexperienced players very often do. Pumping a bunch of stats into damage with no means to take a hit or swing a weapon AND roll will kill inexperienced players.

Easy to understand.
>>
>>334887115
Your still don't understanding.
Endurance and health are not Early game Stats.
they are PVP/End game stats. When pumping STR and DEX mean nothing.

You don't need to do a single fucking thing to your Health or Stamina or weapon to outright destroy the early game.

Of course the game isn't easy for everyone. That's why they give you the option to summon early with the white soap stone being only 300 souls.

If you suck so damn much then bring a friend to make up for how much you suck.

You talk like I want them to git retardely good and SL1 the entire game. I'm telling them not to waste points on stats that are not needed in the early game. Every weapon scales with strength and or dex pick your poison or poisons and stick too it until you feel your health or stamina is the actual problem
Besides dumping 5 points into Endurance nets you somewhere along the lines of 10 stamina. Which at best gives you one extra attack or one extra roll. 5 points better suited for something else entirely.
>>
>>334887115
I have to say getting a raw estoc for my mostly sorceries build improved my life substantially
>>
File: 1352641404958.jpg (43 KB, 232x399) Image search: [Google]
1352641404958.jpg
43 KB, 232x399
>>334887723
>Endurance and health are not Early game Stats.
>they are PVP/End game stats
PVP occurs all of the time if you're not a pussy.

>You don't need to do a single fucking thing to your Health or Stamina or weapon to outright destroy the early game.
I don't. But I'm not giving advice to myself.

>Of course the game isn't easy for everyone
Then stop acting like it is, giving people advice that will halt their progress instead of giving them a viable strategy.

>I'm telling them not to waste points on stats that are not needed in the early game
They're useful no matter what. Damage boosting stats are not useful if you're using weapons that don't scale. Hence my advice. You can easily beat the game without relying on strength, dex, faith, or int simply by turning yourself into a rolling tank and using a HOST of weapons that don't scale or infusions that don't scale.
>>
>>334888014
>giving people advice that will halt their progress instead of giving them a viable strategy.
I said build Strength or Dex and pick your poison.
Build towards a weapon. Don't pick Raw and instead use Sharp or Heavy.
Also use Broad sword.
And if you suck summon someone

Bam you are on the path to greatness.

Here is another golden bit of advice. Get a 100% physical damage reduction Shield and learn to block.

>They're useful no matter what.
Yeah, For someone who has no intention of improving themselves.
tons of health and stamina will not save you from a stab in the ass. It will only prolong the inevitable.
>Damage boosting stats are not useful if you're using weapons that don't scale.
Which is why I said don't use fucking RAW. Because every weapon scales on Strength and or Dex. Pick. Your. Poison.
And again. None of your Raw shit will help you in the long run. When a Slab of iron is 4 feet up your ass.
>>
>>334888706
>Don't pick Raw and instead use Sharp or Heavy.
Completely forget that you can change the infusion to sharp or heavy at any moment?

I never said to keep raw the entire fucking game you asshole. I said early game. EARLY.

Get that through your thick motherfucking skull.
>>
>>334888706
It's actually better to start with Vigor and Endurance. The 20 or so points you need to softcap them are miles more effective than Str/Dex or Fai/Int. Weapon upgrade level has a huge impact on weapon stat scaling, and you won't break +3 until the midgame. Meanwhile, you can nearly double your health and stamina pool, and accomplish the same thing as a +3 sharp/heavy weapon with a fire/raw weapon in the meantime.
>>
>>334888706
>telling people to use summons if they suck
>gives advice to use a shield

I already could tell from the start that you were the retarded one, but now I'm sure of it. You're advising against putting points into endurance, but then saying they should be using a shield to block things.

Autism speaks.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.