[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /v/ I've googled this back and forth and I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1412141485711.jpg (54 KB, 536x720) Image search: [Google]
1412141485711.jpg
54 KB, 536x720
Okay /v/ I've googled this back and forth and I can't find an answer, I need your help.

I recently bought a slim ps2 70000 series from a local game store because I figured they test them before they sell them. Well, they didn't test this one because it only powers on when I press firmly on the back of the AC port going into the system, almost like the AC port is misaligned or something. The AC cable they gave me was repackaged in a third party box but has the sony symbol on it and I checked the voltage to make sure it was correct and it matches. Is there any fix for this sort of issue? I'd rather not go back to that store since I already had to go back when I realized they bundled the ps2 with a gamecube AV cable and I know they don't have another ps2 there to exchange.

I've checked a bunch of youtube videos and help websites and none of them mention anything about this from what I've seen.
>>
have you tried turning it on and off
>>
>>334878686
Duct tape that shit in anon
>>
>>334878827
I tried using some duct tape, but it kept coming apart. I'll try it from another angle but I'm afraid it will power off while im in the middle of a game.
>>
here's an idea

go back to the store and demand your money back

you spineless jellyfish
>>
works for me
>>
>>334880790
I'm not afraid of getting my money back, this just means I still need to find and buy a ps2 again. I was avoiding buying one on ebay since shipping is pretty expensive and if you have issues like this via ebay you have to pay the shipping to return items.

I have to go back anyways to return one of the two memory cards i bought since the memory card doesn't work either, but I didn't feel like that was relevant to the story so I left it out.
>>
>>334881365
nigga its the fucking ps2, your acting like its a rare collecters item or something. theres like 150 million of these things around the world. it isnt that hard to find a cheap one that works
>>
>>334881365
>this just means I still need to find and buy a ps2 again.
Goddamn anon. Thatll be hard. You know, with how fucking few there is.
>>
>>334881562
>>334881565
I don't know where you guys live, but I've had a hell of a time finding one in my area. I've been looking for like a month and this is the first one I've found.

Maybe I'm just really unlucky.
>>
>>334881765
you must live in Antarctica
>>
>>334881765
Nigga, the last house i rented i found a fully functional fat ps2 with controller in the fucking shed.
>>
File: 1454286098682.jpg (73 KB, 761x960) Image search: [Google]
1454286098682.jpg
73 KB, 761x960
>>334878686
Have you tried googling it sideways?
>>
>>334881365
Isn't it possibly the most mass produced video game console ever made? I know a guy with like 5 of them just laying around. I think the last version was a toploader slim which has less moving parts and is cheaper and quieter than the fat one so get that one on ebay or something. Not backwards compatible though but PS3s are if you have one of those.
>>
>>334882919
Yeah the toploader slim is the one I have, but its one of the earlier models I think. I'll just ebay it and roll the dice if the other retro store around here doesn't have one.

I heard the fat systems have pretty common issues with the laser eyes burning out anyways.
>>
>>334883169
good

also when i said ps3s are backwards compatible i meant in terms of playing ps1 games. Just in case u didnt know.
>>
>>334878686
>>334881365
>ps2 with loose power cable
>initially bundled with the wrong cable
>broken memory card too
Jesus, this sounds like the shittiest store out there.
>>
>>334884113
I was giving it a second chance too. I went in there a year or so ago to trade in some original xbox games I got in a bulk lot at a yard sale totaling around 100-120 dollars. He took everything behind the counter and took forever to inventory and check the games and then offered me 30 dollars store credit. I told him no and he was kinda shocked, but handed them back. Drove 20 minutes away to the other retro store and got 70ish in cash.

I thought maybe it was just an off day because the place has great reviews online, but after today I'm never going back.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.