[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus fuck, /v/ is horrible today. Let's have an actual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
Jesus fuck, /v/ is horrible today. Let's have an actual vidya thread.

What was the last video game you played? Did you enjoy it?
>>
you think this will fix it

get fucked nerd
>>
File: 1460982412909.jpg (1 MB, 3780x1713) Image search: [Google]
1460982412909.jpg
1 MB, 3780x1713
Bloodborne.

It's okay. Depth 3 and higher Chalice Dungeons are breaking my fucking balls, man.

Seems they're co-op fodder but I've got no PS+
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
iPad, no cash, playd riven, playd XÖN, playd candy crush.

Sad. Imagining the fun of jumping in platforming games and the character grabs the edge of a platform, so fun. Words.
>>
>>334876204
Usually too busy making a vidya to really get into any. In my downtime ive been playing Rocket League, which is still pretty fun for short serving video jeugos.
>>
>>334876204
Since I'm working on a pixel shit game in my free time, i mostly just play some mobile shit when im bored. Thinking about picking up ff9 again since i bought the steam release.
>>
File: cp5X6vE.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
cp5X6vE.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>334879659
>game dev
mah nigga
>>
>>334876204
danganronpa trigger happy panic
yea i liked it, im currently doing the bonus school mode
>>
all i've played is farmville with my girlfriend

i'm level 81 and she's level 500+

i miss real videogames
>>
>>334879815
What's your game friend?
>>
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando. Replaying through the PS2 games since I don't have a PS4 to play the new one with.

Good times so far, Really loving the multi star weapon.
>>
Rhythm Heaven TB+. It's alright, starts out kinda too easy though

>>334879659
>>334879191
tell me about your games
also how did you manage to motivate yourself to stick with it
>>
File: vidya racing.png (250 KB, 4940x396) Image search: [Google]
vidya racing.png
250 KB, 4940x396
Checked out Kronos. Made a female UD warlock and got to level 6 before logging off. Need to find a guild to chat with while leveling.

Also played some DkS3, got a SL37 who just beat the Deacon mass zombie boss dude. Also got his SwagHat.

I've been checking out WADs today from /vr/ too. They got some good shit over in their Doom thread. And UT16 to get D44M's taste out of my mouth.
>>
I haven't played a game in 5 years, m8. I just come to /v/ to shitpost.
>>
>>334880527
mines a terrible attempt at making chess an action game
and to motivate yourself make super small games so after like a day of work you feel like you've made major progress, you'll either really like the feeling, or give up
>>
File: SeedsBUgs.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
SeedsBUgs.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>334880226
This was the newest thing i was messing with until today.

>>334880527
JUST DO IT. Seriously though, ive spent about 10 years tossing the idea around and going through the "its too hard phase" then realized this is what I want to do. Put in 8-10 hours a day for about 4 months and powered through maybe a few years worth of "coursework" comparatively. Gotta just jump in up to your shoulders and power through it, you can do it m79

Its a puzzle platformer style with lots of different mechanics mashed together. Basically anything i think is neat and then make it any tie it in with the environment.
>>
>>334880815
hahaha its you, sup nigga, you figure out that camera bob yet?
>>
>>334880815
>8-10 hours a day
fuck, I can't even manage like 3 hours of classes without getting extremely uncomfortable

I guess that's the thing I either gotta fix or kill myself to avoid being a problem for others tho

video games
>>
File: Newest.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Newest.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>334880962
kek

I havent implemented it yet, got sidetracked by changing around the movement to something a bit more sluggish to contrast the speed boosts, implementing FOV changes upon boost, animator-bro who is da bes made a new walk cycle that I set up, made a new model and decided on a new design of the "blue grass path" trails, changed the lerp on the FOV, particles on the jumpboost pods, bug AI, and fine tuning post effects and materials. Re-designing foliage and shit, fuck put a lot of work in today 2bh.

>>334881317
I ended up having seizures and shit so in the end it wasnt a good idea but Ive balanced out dev time and participating in real life, and its going smoother now.

Gonna go kill myself for blogposting, im done.

Rocket league is fun.
>>
>>334881627
Did you have much artistic/modeling experience before doing this project? My biggest problem with starting on a game is I'm completely artistically inept and the process of learning art seems a LOT harder than the process of learning game design and better programming considering my starting point

But if you can get visuals and art that look good like that without needing to spend too much time learning art i might not be so fucked
>>
>>334876204
Super Mario Maker.

I haven't touched the "maker" side of the game, I just go to course world and do 100-man challenges.

I'm more than comfortable doing Normal, Expert for a challenge, but i will not do Super Expert/Kaizo. Fuck that.

Levels that suck:

>Tediously difficult levels suck. Difficult is ok, just not tedious.
>Courses that somewhere have a "HAHA I KILLED YOU OUT OF NOWHERE" implement.
>Courses that have a "Choose the right door from this line of 3 or 4, or i insta-kill you. I don't care how far you've gotten."
>"HAHA THERE WAS AN INVISIBLE BLOCK THERE! ISN'T THAT THE FUNNIEST SHIT?!"

9.5/10 nearly infinite replayability.
>>
File: TWD.jpg (306 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
TWD.jpg
306 KB, 1280x800
>>334876204

Just finished The Walking Dead season 1, pretty good so far, dunno if I should wait or jump into season 2
>>
>>334882375
Did the addition of Super Expert mean Expert is actually fun and bearable now?
>>
File: Part1.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Part1.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>334881908
Not really much experience beforehand except well over 10 years ago I made a map for UT99. This is leagues apart though, modeling everything instead of BSP geometry like it used to be.
https://youtu.be/fO6kxcmFnxs

I did the same thing back then, spent about 7 months making a map from 0 experience. I am shit at art really, anything that I draw looks like complete ass. It was just a matter of messing around until I found something I liked and then working on refining it. Learn as you go and its really kind of fun in a way, but sometimes the most frustrating shit possible.

I think its worth it though, I just want people to see the things I make and god willing making some money would be pretty cool too.
>>
>>334882559

I would say its definitely more bearable now. It eased a lot of the "unfair" that was in expert into super, and i find I'm not skipping as much anymore.

Super expert is filled with
>perfect jumps,
>perfect swimming.
>those levels where they only give you like 10 seconds and you need at least 9.8 seconds to clear the level
>general "you have got to be kidding me"
>>
Trying to finish the Bravely Second demo before getting into the actual game. Had to go back to town to get eye drops so I can beat those fucking sandworms.
>>
Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse

It's pretty fun 3rd chapter started kinda slow, but it picked up decided to take a break and browse /v/ and /tg/ before getting back to it
>>
Fallout 3 because 4 got me over hyped and didn't pull throu
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.