[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck why do people play this? I gave it a fair 50 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: csgo2[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
csgo2[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Holy fuck why do people play this? I gave it a fair 50 hours to get good and all I saw was

>pistol rounds goes to terrorists a majority of the time because no handgun will fend off a rush of 5 semiautomatic pistols
>every SMG is "Hit 7 times for 99 HP" regardless of range even if you hit them in the head
>every rifle requires you to stutter step or remain totally still just to ensure TWO bullets go where you're aiming
>shotguns may as well not even exist since shooting someone in the face with one barely removes half their HP
>everyone and their brother uses the instant kill rifle because its the only reliable weapon in the game
>every map is little more than checking common spots, making so much as moving around a gamble
>over half of the community feels like they're hacking
>pretty much impossible to play lower ranks because its full of smurfs looking to go 30-0 in a silver game
>if you dont heed XxXWEEDLORDxXx's brainless strategies that didnt work the first five times you get kicked
>everyone seems absolutely miserable and frustrated while playing even when winning

How did this get more popular than games like Unreal?
>>
>gambling skins

all you need to know
>>
>>334871147

This. Valve dances around child gambling laws with the crate and key system and gambling they totally dont condone but make a ton of market sales off of.
>>
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 693x597) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 693x597
[obligatory silver git gud comment]
>>
>>334871147

dont forget they literally bribed pros to transfer from source
>>
>I gave it a fair 50 hours to get good
>Implying it doesn't take up to 1500 hours to become semi decent

Now how do you think I could smell that the rest of your post was bullshit?
>>
File: 1459900109557.png (71 KB, 761x316) Image search: [Google]
1459900109557.png
71 KB, 761x316
>How did this get more popular than games like Unreal?
>>
>>334871019
Based on what you wrote, you're bad and don't understand the game. Which is okay, you're not going to learn it in 50 hours. I've played CS on and off on teams for like 15 years and I'm still not all that amazing (and yes, unless you're on an actual team at some point, it's impossible to understand the nuances of the game and you're in absolutely no position to critic it because you've never really played it).
>>
>50 hours
>playing by himself
>fucking matchmaking
>can't outaim tec-9s

Okay, you need literally 100 of hours before you get decent enough at the game. Me and a friend has played together from Silver I to GE, we have both over 2k hours and nowhere near the top 10% of players.

My tip is to ditch MM and use Faceit to play instead, lot less hackers and people are often more willing to help you.
>>
File: 1376925386762.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1376925386762.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>334871871

this is the dumbest fucking argument

you dont hear people saying "you cant critique my cooking because you arent a 5-star chef," if food is good or bad your average fuckface will have a reasonable idea of which it is, if you are going to be a niggardly elitist then at least be an elitist for something respectable and not casualstrike
>>
>>334871019
XxXWEEDLORDxXx here
I am mortified by this baseless slander against my good name. Please delete this.
>>
>>334872320
Is it any different from someone saying "quake is shit you just get spawnkilled and instant killed all the time and everyone just bunnyhops around abusing it"
>>
>>334872413

eat shit and die
>>
>>334872320

>vidya
>food

Every time. Stop doing this you dingus.
>>
File: vomit.gif (1007 KB, 280x258) Image search: [Google]
vomit.gif
1007 KB, 280x258
>hovering over the guy that killed you for 30 minutes while waiting for the next round: the game
>>
>>334872657

Literally no-one plays casual except for missions and initial xp for MM.
>>
File: 1379316281688.jpg (75 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1379316281688.jpg
75 KB, 500x383
>spray my gun with 60 bullets around corners and surprise people
>guy with the gun that kills in one hit calls me a noob
>>
>everyone seems absolutely miserable and frustrated while playing even when winning

why is every valve game like this
>>
>>334871505
>The game gets fun after 1500 hours!!!
You can NOT make this shit up.
>>
>>334871019
I only play on minigame and surf servers.

Competitive counter-strike is not fun.
>>
>How did this get more popular than games like Unreal?
Because Unreal and Quake are very difficult to get good at.
>>
>>334871019
Every day there's one of these threads...
>>
>>334874086

I don't know if Quake and UT are even more difficult to get good at. Learning how strafe-jump and time items in Quake is easier and more intuitive than being an autist and memorizing arbitrary spray patterns so you can spray with accuracy.
>>
>>334871505
please kill yourself if you're serious
>>
Because good shit does not equal successful shit.

Compare the amount of people who have read Kokoro versus Fifty Shades of Gray.
>>
Why do people who don't like CS get so defensive about it? You don't see these threads for any other game.

You don't like CS. Plenty of people do like it. Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>334874825
>Why do people who like CS get so defensive about it? You don't see these threads for any other game.

>You like CS. Plenty of people don't like it. Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>334872440
1000 hours in CS and Quake.
Yes. CS is garbage. It was designed casual and retroactively made competitive because idiots mistake high skill floors for high skill ceilings.
>>
>>334872620
whats wrong with food analogies?
>>
>>334874825
because I want CS to die so good games can flourish.
I literally don't have any good team based multiplayer FPS anymore.

I fucking hate the cancerous ideas that root from CS into all other FPS and the only way to change them is to attack them at the cancerous root.
>>
>>334873248
honestly yeah
both tf2 and l4d are complete chores to play multiplayer unless youre just deliberatly fucking around and ignoring the actual game.
I dont get this feeling with other games.

of course, valve hasnt been a game company for years, they make enough money with their gambling and steam market transactions.
>>
>>334874825
>You don't see these threads for any other game.
Newfag detected. Threads like these make up to 50% of /v/'s content.
>>
>>334871668
keke buttblasted muh quake faggots crying that their game will NEVER EVER be relevant FOREVER.
>>
>>334873248
yep
the only time my group seems to have fun in dota 2 is when something absolutely fucking retarded happens, or when we do a gimmick build that shouldn't work but does

the actual functioning strategies that everyone uses like deathball, split push and 50 minute farm aren't fun to play as or against and you just get frustrated when you try to play the game seriously and you lose anyway
>>
>>334874784
>Kokoro
>if you dont read an obscure bookfrom 1914 you automatically like fifty shades of gray
Thats a really stupid argument
>>
>>334874325
>one

HA
>>
What does it mean when I can't separate the shit posting from serious posting?
>>
>>334876021
you are the shitposter
>>
File: birth of OP.png (312 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
birth of OP.png
312 KB, 640x480
>>334875841
>obscure
>>
>>334875194
Unless the game is actually good, published on Steam, supported as "well" as they support CS:GO, no other competitive FPS is going to even get close to CS.

Not trying to defend CS:GO, I've clocked maybe 1300-1400 hours in the game and I know it has a myriad of problems, but the way Valve has published the game is smart as hell.

Take EA for example, you guy a game from them and you know you're going to get fucked by a ton of DLC, then when the next game launches 9 months later all your shit becomes worthless.

But the way Valve has done "operation passes", you pay a few dollars, get the pass, Valve gets a bunch of money. Then you play the game, and say you get a crate drop on day 0 of a new operation, you sell it on the market, make a bunch of money, so you're happy, and Valve gets a chunk of the money for their market fee, so they are happy.

No other publisher has the ability to do that right now, so they don't have as much incentive to support their game.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.