[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>games "inspired" by Banjo-Kazooie and Ocarina of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: latest[9].png (2 MB, 2097x2813) Image search: [Google]
latest[9].png
2 MB, 2097x2813
>games "inspired" by Banjo-Kazooie and Ocarina of Time
>never any games inspired by the greatest platforming series of all time

What happened to Wario Land?
>>
I genuinely believe that Wario Land might be one of the most underrated Nintendo series ever
>>
I've literally never played a game inspired by OoT or Banjo.

Or maybe I have, it's just that the developers didn't know what made those games so great.
>>
File: WL_DangerousDuck[1].jpg (106 KB, 301x319) Image search: [Google]
WL_DangerousDuck[1].jpg
106 KB, 301x319
Sup, faggots
>>
I seriously need to get into this series. I played the hell our of Wario Land 1 as a kid. And picked it back up along with 2 on the 3ds.
>>
I don't like how the series dropped the hat power-ups after the first game. Jet Wario was fun to use. It's also a damn shame that Nintendo will never port the Virtual Boy games to the 3DS. VB Wario Land is the shit.
>>
File: Crash Plant.jpg (69 KB, 620x419) Image search: [Google]
Crash Plant.jpg
69 KB, 620x419
>the Mario 64 ripoff that is Banjo is constantly "inspiring" developers, despite being largely not innovative outside of padding the game with collectibles, and just having big worlds
>nobody is inspired by Crash Bandicoot, which is complete bullshit since a challenging linear 3D platformer would sell a shit-ton and be better-designed overall than a third-rate indie Banjo game
>hell, a Conker rip-off would be a better idea than a Banjo one

It kills me to think that indies making 3D platformers are looking at one or two games for inspiration, and they're both N64 games everyone knows about already.
>>
>>334869962
Indie devs make games based on what they played as a kid. And it's plain to see that most indie devs are hardcore Nintendrones.

Basically, if you want a Crash-inspired 3D platformer, you gotta go out and make it.
>>
>>334867694
Thats not Advanced Wars
>>
>>334870689

After I'm done with my current project, I may have to do just that. The genre is too diverse in nature for just Banjo clones.
>>
WarioWare happened.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrUnek6c3Zs

HU-HURRY UP
>>
Wario Maker WHEN?!
>>
>>334870689
Crash fucking sucked is why nobody bothers to remake it. And the PSX and PS2 sold like 5 times as much as their Nintendo counterparts, you can't pretend being a nintendo kid wasn't the minority.

To be fair, nobody's made a good 3D platformer since maybe I-Ninja, so it's not like the devs are making good Mario64 or Banjo clones either.
>>
File: feelsguywario.png (37 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feelsguywario.png
37 KB, 645x773
Well, there was shake it/shake dimension

I found that actually really enjoyable, certainly underated, but it lacked the personality that wario land 4 had
>>
>>334866075
>What happened to Wario Land?
R&D 1 became SPD-1.

R&D 1: The greatest part of Nintendo and a full blown rival to Miyamoto's teams. Wario was better than Mario and Metroid was better than Zelda.
SPD-1: Irrelevant minigame ghetto.
>>
File: 81+PTeVw3oL._SL1500_[1].jpg (388 KB, 1500x1345) Image search: [Google]
81+PTeVw3oL._SL1500_[1].jpg
388 KB, 1500x1345
>>334873756
>>
>>334874885
He didn't say Warioware shove it up yo own ass game.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
TFW I've had Warioland 3 for years but, I couldn't play it because the game only allows me to play the intro only and after I click a level it just stops working ;_;
>>
>>334876670
Hit it with a hammer
>>
File: lurks.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lurks.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69976385/Game-Design-Companion-Wario-Land-4.pdf

enjoy
>>
>>334876670
my copy of wario land 1 would erase save data after powering off, so I had to beat the game in one sitting

I finally 100 percented it when I replayed it on 3ds
>>
File: doh.jpg (487 KB, 1650x926) Image search: [Google]
doh.jpg
487 KB, 1650x926
>>334876670
Both of my original copies of 3 and 4 still work but 2 got crushed and 3 is pretty beat up but hasn't shown any signs of quittin yet
>>
>>334877564
I've been considering getting a new battery for WarioLand3, maybe that's the problem or the original owner fucked it up and threw it away because of that
>>
>>334877062
I have never read this and it will probably be 10 years before I work my way through it, but my life is all the more enjoyable by knowing that it exists.
>>
File: 1459908477382.jpg (3 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1459908477382.jpg
3 KB, 124x125
>>334877062

I never knew how badly I wanted this
>>
>>334877062
But why
>>
>>334877062
Damn I'm gonna read this tonight
>>
I've seen so much shit on 4chan and related sites... I wonder, if I were to look deep into a normie's eyes, would they see the endless churning abyss that lies behind my vacant gaze? The temple of pure unadulterated filth that has been constructed within my soul, ready to burst forth and spread its putrefaction like some profane plague? I feel like I'm too far gone; I'm at a breaking point. I've reached both the lowest low and the highest height of the transcendent raging emptiness that leaves nothing but an intense craving for the suffering of myself and others. I feel like a hollow clay figure who exists only to transmit this terrible, wonderful disease that afflicts the deepest recesses of my humanity. I have gazed deep and long into the void, and its corrosive touch has blasted my mind, body and soul into a perfect core of pure sadomasochism. I have seen Hell, and it is good.
>>
>>334879920
no
>>
>>334877062
It would be cool if it was about all the Wario Land games rather than just 4.
>>
>No more Wario Land
>No more F-Zero
>No more Advance Wars
>No more Golden Sun
>No more.Metroid
>Full Mario 3D games, probably forever
>2D Mario games are bland as shit
>Mario Tennis/Golf have become the blandest shit ever and no more Mario Strikers
>Mario Kart is in the same path
>>
File: Startropics061.jpg (34 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
Startropics061.jpg
34 KB, 400x350
WHY DOES NINTENDO HATE THIS GAME
>>
>>334880669
no japanese release
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.