[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warriors of Sunlight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: 11L1f253a.png (73 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
11L1f253a.png
73 KB, 240x240
Honestly why is this sun covenant so goddamn popular. All this praise the sun meme shit for what? It seems to me the sunbros is just a covenant for people who can't clear bosses solo. Joining that covenant you might as well just paint a sign on you that says 'hi im a scrub please help me'.
>>
>>334858004
Shutfkup
>>
>>334858004
I do sunbro when I want to replay bosses again. I get summoned faster than just using no/other covenants.
It bothers me when I see it's others' first attempt at the boss, but it was fun replaying Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>334858004
There's not much of a reason to leave a summon sign while not being a part of the covenant, because otherwise you're just missing out on the sun medallions.

I beat the game solo and I'm working on NG+ solo as well, but I started doing sun broing after Lord of Cinder just for funsies.
>>
It's a covenant for STR/FTH builds who leave summon signs and want a reward for it.
>>
>>334858856
/thread
>>
>>334858856
thats fine but then why are people running around acting like its the best shit ever posting 'praise the sun' in every other thread and spamming the gesture after 4v1'ing an invader?
>>
File: 1453748865641.jpg (343 KB, 642x800) Image search: [Google]
1453748865641.jpg
343 KB, 642x800
you know what reeks of memers more than le epic hands in the air solaire bros?

dickwraiths and red phantoms in general
>>
File: giphy-1.gif (532 KB, 480x365) Image search: [Google]
giphy-1.gif
532 KB, 480x365
It's a covenant about helping people and that one character associated with it was really likable.

It's not hard to understand at all.
>>
>>334859145
Memeing.
>>
File: 1453555224731.png (832 KB, 1240x1118) Image search: [Google]
1453555224731.png
832 KB, 1240x1118
In a world full of things trying to fuck you to death, Solaire was the only guy who had your back 100%.

Unless you failed him.
>>
>>334858004
>It seems to me the sunbros is just a covenant for people who can't clear bosses solo.
You mean, it's a covenant where people can help other people who can't clear bosses solo.

I can, and have beat every boss in the souls/borne series solo, but I'm always a sunbro because I love helping people.
>>
>>334858004
Because I like co-op. Bite me.
>>
>>334858004
Sunbros are when you want people who are pve minmaxed.

Regular whites are for comparing and showing off fashion
>>
>>334861497
honestly the vast majority of the sunbros ive seen are just terrible and no help at all, so i find this hard to believe
>>
>>334858004
I like co-oping bosses and helping people.

According to /v/ this makes me a meme-spewing fucktard.
>>
File: 1448296190618.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448296190618.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>>334861783
u can coop without being in that covenant. ur a fucking meme machine sorry.
>>
>>334859145
Because Solaire stole the fucking show an hour in to the game. Same reason why Siegmeyer was so popular, they're memorable, funny, and always brighten up any interaction they're involved in. Finding Solaire or Siegmeyer was the highlight of any area for me and Sunbro USED to mean you were reliably good because of the old requirements, now, not so much.
>>
>>334861697
Welcome to DaS after the first one. In 1 you needed to prove you were good to join, 2 and 3 fucking give it to you.
>>
>>334861979
Why would you co-op outside of that covenant though?

>It makes your sign more visible, more people will pick it.
>It literally makes matchmaking easier, allowing you to reach more people, intentionally, by design, since you know, it's a co-op covenant and all.
>You get rewards for co-oping in the form of miracles, and also just medallions to collect if you feel like.
>Makes your ghost yellow, which looks better in my opinion.
>>
>>334858493
This. I like replaying bosses I've enjoyed since 1 and the jubilant bright tone of the covenant is nice. It is very much scrub central but I just see carrying the host as just replaying the boss solo with a smidgen of help.
>>
>30 sun medals before getting to cathedal of the deep
>all of them from invading via the red soapstone while being a sunbro

Being in the covenant disguises the sign and it's great to trick noobs into summoning you as an invader.

I do like co-oping though, plus it feels like a much more relaxed covenant than the rest
>>
>>334862450
Funny enough, people might stop taking your signs since sunbro and sunvader signs look almost the exact same
>>
>>334858004

I play Dark Souls 3 on PS4 and I like to use my hacked characters to reset the stats and break the characters of anyone who has Bloodborne listed in their trophies.
>>
The geography of Dark Souls 3 makes no sense. It's like some wild fun house version of Lordran.
>>
>>334859145
Go play Dark Souls 1 you stupid faggot.
>>
>>334858004
Praise the Sun!
>>
The best part about being a Sunbro is that if you invade others you have a higher chance of joining a world that already has an invader.
>>
>>334862168
>In 1 you needed to prove you were good to join
Killing one boss whilst summoned does not prove shit you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>334858004
You don't actually need to co-op exclusively to get medals now, you can also invade as a sunbro to get them too.
>>
>>334858004
> I'm a faggot who actually invades and PvPs in a Souls game
> But I get Buttblasted when I accidently invade a PvE covenant

The Thread.
>>
>>334864791
Someone has to be there since Blue Sentinels and Blades of the Darkmoon don't fucking work.
>>
>>334858004
>Joining that covenant you might as well just paint a sign on you that says 'hi im a scrub please help me'.

You level up the covenant by helping others, not by receiving help for yourself.
>>
File: Cfs484wXEAALpxs.jpg (43 KB, 600x319) Image search: [Google]
Cfs484wXEAALpxs.jpg
43 KB, 600x319
Where are my Rosaria's Fingers bros at???
>>
>>334864791
why bitch about invaders in souls games, u only get invaded when you are doing coop or are in ember form. Either way if you get invaded its your own fault for trying to cheese your way through the game.
>>
>>334865561
where do I find the faggot that killed her?
>>
File: absolute kind of disgusting.jpg (176 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
absolute kind of disgusting.jpg
176 KB, 854x859
After playing through the entirety of DS1 without any summons up to NG++ because that shit was dead at the time, I wholly welcome the chance to relive glorious Souls experience engaging in jolly cooperation.
>mfw newfags will never know the elation of meeting Solaire for the first time when Souls were still the games for hardcore weirdos
>>
>>334858004
Well it doesnt help that its one of the first covenants you can get as well in the game.
>>
>>334865764
He should drop an orb in front of her corpse so you can invade him
>>
>>334866273
yeah, but where do I use it?
>>
File: 1421468640898.gif (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1421468640898.gif
20 KB, 300x300
>Decided to summon a purplefag just because
>He left a trail of prism stones to the next bonfire and used black crystal to get out

I've heard nothing but bad stories about how they fucked people over. Or how they only kill gold phantoms. And then that happened.

WHAT THE FUCK DO PURPLES EVEN DO?
>>
>>334866720
Whatever the fuck they come up with, it's the wildcard clan.
>>
All the covenants are trash. They're all shitty pvp garbage. Way of Blue and Sentinels still barely work and there's no reason for them to even be in the game, Darkmoons are just more specific Sentinels, there's TWO fucking forest hunter covenants neither of which work for a large portion of players (not to mention splitting the covenant playerbase so past a certain level you get no invasions as a watchdog or faithful), mound makers could have been awesome but have no incentive other than random dumb fun to do anything but just body the host immediately and are just treated like invaders by 90% of people, Fingers get the age old piss off of invasions prioritizing gank squads (which isn't bad but it's 9/10 invasions; I'd be fine with 2v1 but 3v1 and 4v1 are just a chore. For every new phantom past the first a new invasion slot should be opened and they should highest on invasion priority), Sunbros are the only 'pve' covenant and all of its rewards are for Faith builds. How do you have covenants in three games and fuck them up in pretty much every single one. Why not make a working gravelord covenant? Why do we need reskins of covenants that are borderline unchanged for three god damned games. From is creatively bankrupt.
>>
ATTENTION: THIS IS REAL MOUND-MAKER HOURS

I REPEAT: THIS IS REAL MOUND-MAKER HOURS

IF YOU UP LATE MAKING MOUNDS, COLLECTING VERTEBRA, AND SPREADING THAT GRAPE-GOODNESS THEN REPLY TO THIS SHIT MOTHAFUCKA
>>
File: 1458792624037.jpg (268 KB, 898x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458792624037.jpg
268 KB, 898x1200
>>334868786
Grapist reporting in
>>
>>334866720
You're probably not stupid enough to fall for it but I've been leaving my sign down at High Wall of Lothric then using the ring to appear like a white phantom. When I find the host I act super friendly and clear enemies and shit for them then when things are going really well or after a tough fight or near the boss door I'll pop the ring off and kill them. It only works once but god damn is it fun.

>'white phantoming' with player
>someone invades
>we meet at one of the narrow passageways in Lothric
>he lets us clear out the enemies before fighting us
>I sit applaud and sit
>watch them duel for a little bit
>take off the ring and approach host on his blind side and then the red and I proceed to culturally enrich his delicious embered ass
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.