[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im an older gamer that enjoyed cod4 and blops. I have just bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: call-of-duty.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
call-of-duty.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
Im an older gamer that enjoyed cod4 and blops.

I have just bought blops3 and find the jumpy-jumpy-awesome-robot-weapon-tech gameplay a bit jarring.

Is this it for the cod franchise now? I much prefer the reasoned pace of the previous cod games, plus I prefer a less silly setting.

Im loath to go back to PC as console is comfy as fuck. Any recommendations for a less hectic fps? Preferably not see in transformer land?
>>
Rainbow Six Siege
>>
>>334858037

On PS4? Is it an unlock fest or can I just get straight in and play the game?
>>
>>334858306
its dying dont waste your money
>>
>>334858528
oh shit...

well I guess i'll have to look elsewhere.

Have I got too old or is console basically for kids now? I thought the older cod games were really liked. Is it all jump around with purple guns now?
>>
>>334859095
Yeah CoD is pretty much just this now and the same mechanics have made their way into Halo.

The closest you're gonna get to an enjoyable CoD like experience is Battlefield 4 I'd say. It's still very active, quite cheap these days and is a little more like MW-era CoD than older BF iterations I'd say
>>
>>334859351
I figured that would be quite dead because of the age. cheers man. still active on ps4?
>>
File: 1453412205275.jpg (27 KB, 481x321) Image search: [Google]
1453412205275.jpg
27 KB, 481x321
>>334858528

What are you on about? I just bought it a couple weeks ago and the community is plenty active. Obviously it would of been way more active when it first came out but thats with any mutliplayer game.

Siege is a more niche game, you cant really get tacticool on the consoles anywhere else. Untill another tacticool console game comes out there will still be a comunity here.

OP, if you are interested in Siege go for it. Its a great game and its not going to die anytime soon.
>>
>>334857665
>I'm an older gamer
No you're not. Fuck you.
>>
>>334859738
OP here - cheers man.

Is it an unlock fest? I just want to get on with playing the maps and not fucking around with a billion unlock features.
Just youtubed it and it looks right up my street.
>>
I heartily recommend a bullet
>>
>>334857665
The only good shooter of the 8th gen is Halo 5 and many may argue it isn't even good.
>>
R6Siege is shit though
>>
siege is literally dead.

dont bother
>>
The only ones complaining are the casuals who can't aim at flying opponents
>>
>>334860460
Cheers man, but I try to avoid overly sci fi stuff.
>>
>>334860717
I feel sorry that you spent your money on it and now try to defend it
>>
>>334860717
OP here - yeah thats me. i dont have the reflexs anymore and I cant devote the time. Like I say, a more reasoned pace is what i prefer.
>>
>>334860717
and desu, its the whole 'flying opponents' thing that I find daft.
>>
>>334860884

What's so wrong about BO3? It's an OK game. You want boots on the ground again? Enjoy your Ghosts 2....lol
>>
>>334860334
The unlock system is different from other games. Once you unlock an operator, you get access to their weapons and other shit. You just have to use renown to unlock weapon attachments per operator.
You can jump into the game and play with recruit. However, it's best to do the single player situations first. You can unlock half of the original operators doing them.
>>
>>334860894
Is it fun for you to play multiplayer FPS games? I mean I only get a little enjoyment out of them while my girlfriend is getting ready to go out, I feel more like a macho man, specially if I'm having a beer at the same time. But I just never sit and start playing them while I'm alone, I mean it can only be a little entertaining if you have at least 3 online friends to play with while doing voice chat.
>>
>>334860334

It is and and it isnt. Instead of loadouts you get operators who have different weapons and items. It doesnt take that long to unlock them and once you find a few that you like, you tend to just use them and stockpile points.
>>
>>334861101
Yeah I enjoy them. most buddies have given up gaming so im dont really meet up to play anymore. I know most pub games are uncoordinated but occasionally you'll drop into a good team and just gel. I like to mix it up. but i can only a do a couple of hours an evening before i switch off.
>>
>>334861201
>>334861073
Cheers guys. much appreciated. I'll check it out before it does actually die out then.

BlackOPs 3 is going back to Ross Records
>>
>>334861027
Not that anon i actually like BO3 alot
But one thing i wish treyarch would get away from is the 3 lane map design it's fine for objective modes but nobody really plays any objective maps other than domination i wish they could make more arena like maps or a map that has a bigger focus on moving in the water, i also really wish more people would play capture the flag or uplink that way learning unique places to wallrun would actually be useful.
>>
>>334861612

You won't regret it anon. Just make sure to give it a couple days. Takes a bit of getting use to after playing COD. I did horrendously my first couple of days playing, but you get the hang of it quick enough.
>>
cod4 is still going strong on 360 if you like TDM. search and destroy is also very active but it has more script kiddies.
>>
>>334862485
OP here. I came from that. I think cod4 is still the best fps to this day but i got some kind of bug that kept winding me back to start and losing all my shit. Activision used to have a script that helped and I even started a new live account but it happened again. I think I kept finding hacked lobbies and maybe got burned. not sure. but it bummed me out so I thought id move on.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.