[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why pic related could sink? Ive been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: thatsnotvito.jpg (97 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
thatsnotvito.jpg
97 KB, 760x428
Can someone explain to me why pic related could sink? Ive been behind on news, and from all I've seen, looks nice.
pls excuse my shilling
>>
>playing as a nigger acting as a white man

I hate this meme, I hate devs who push it.

/thread
>>
>>334853282
You're playing as a nigger. Niggers weren't allowed in Italian mafia, meaning you're going to play as NOT a member of Italian mafia meaning it is not actually a mafia game.
>>
People don't like it chiefly because

1. you aren't playing a member of the Italian mob, even though we have plenty of games like this already.

2. The car physics don't fit the time era it takes place in. This saddens the historyfaggots.
>>
>>334853895
Forget the mafia. Try the same neighborhoods. It really is some equality representation bullshit agenda. And this is coming from a liberal.
>>
>>334853943
>plenty of games like this
>literally only TWO
>>
Dont worry OP, most people think the game looks cool and will eat it up. Look at reddit and neogaf. Also think of the normies that will buy the game. Along with all the black people it caters to.
>>
Gameplay doesn't look like a Mafia game

More like Saints Row or GTA
>>
>>334854112
Mafia 1 + 2
The Godfather: The Game
Gangland
Omerta City of Gangsters
Mob Enforcer
Gangsters 1 + 2

Granted some are strategy games. Regardless, the Italian mob is big in the media in general. New Orleans feels way more fresh and interesting at this point. If they take advantage of the setting it could be great.
>>
>>334854290
i was thinking saints row myself when i saw those finishers
>>
>>334853282

Because the Mafia games have never had good gunplay or driving mechanics, and so far that's the only thing they've been playing up. But just to hang your hat on the single player storyline, even if it ends up being good, is no longer good enough to carry a game.

The last good game about gangsters was Sleeping Dogs. The story, while it was cliche and predictable, had some great characters. There was enough open-world stuff to do and the length of the game wasn't so long as to overstay its welcome.
>>
File: the_godfather_ii.jpg (35 KB, 626x350) Image search: [Google]
the_godfather_ii.jpg
35 KB, 626x350
>>334854776

Omerta is weird enough that it doesn't really count since it's a top-down management sim. I have never heard of Mob Enforcer or Gangland.

Godfather 1+2 were pretty good games. And examples of what Mafia should have moved towards since they expanded on the openworld/gangster formula by adding procedural territory control, your own posse, interrogations and management.

Not to mention Mafia II was barely "open world". They made an open world with hardly anything to do with it. So that brings any meaningful titles comparable to Mafia to exactly one other game series: which would be the Godfather games.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.