[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW GAME FROM THE CREATORS OF BASTION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 23
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvxfmnrNj2U

Looks and sounds amazing, as expected from Supergiant, can't really see what the gameplay is about yet. From their description it's a party-based role-playing game

In Pyre, you lead a band of exiles through an ancient competition spread across a vast, mystical purgatory.

>Pyre once again showcases our team's commitment to rich atmospheric presentation and storytelling, along with a distinctive gameplay blend that combines expressive decision-making on the world map with fast, action-packed confrontations against rival groups of exiles whose own freedom is at stake. We want to create a large cast of characters you can grow close to as you travel together across a strange and wondrous land.
The journey to the Downside is thought to be a one-way trip.

>The Story So Far: At the beginning of the game, your luck has almost run out when several masked wanderers find you and revive you from the brink. With your help, they seek to learn the truth about the Rites, a secretive competition through which the worthiest exiles can return home, absolved of their transgressions. As you journey across the Downside in the wanderers' custom blackwagon, you'll meet a variety of characters of all shapes and sizes, and learn what's in store for each of them should they prevail in the Rites. Your actions will determine who returns to glory, and who remains in exile to the end of their days.
The blackwagon serves as your makeshift home.

>Platforms and Availability: Pyre will be available in 2017. Like Transistor, it will launch simultaneously on Steam and the PlayStation 4.

Can't fucking wait.
>>
>>334842645
FUCK YEAH. Looks great. Transistor and Bastion are two of may favourite games. Hope they can do the triple.
>>
Am i the only one getting Banner Saga vibes from this?
>>
The combat(?) looks like it's some sort of sport where you have to get the orb to the opposing team's pyre.

Interesting.
>>
>>334844650
Yeah sure, but the gameplay reminds me more of Shut up and Jam, or any of the other 3 on 3 basketball games there were back then.
>>
>>334842645
I'll give it a look, if only for the 2d animation.
>>
>>334844650
it's probably the horns
>>
STOP SHILLING
>>
>>334845123
kill yourself
>>
>>334842645
Try being less obvious with your shilling. I'll probably get it anyway. Their other two were really good.
>>
File: edfgd.png (210 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
edfgd.png
210 KB, 480x480
>>334845174
Fight me
>>
>>334845123
>>334845475
Eat shit faggots. I fucking loved Bastion and Transistor so much that your retarded shill yells wont take down my hype.
>>
Uninstalled Bastion around when I got the town or whatever that was.
I found it boring as hell, does it get better later?
>>
>>334842645
I don't like what they've shown of the gameplay. Is that magic basketball or something?
>>
>>334845780
The town? You mean the very first part of the game?
>>
>>334842645
So is it a puzzle game? Sort of looks like one.

I really loved Bastion, that was a great experience all around, good stuff. Transistor is one of the only games I've ever pre-ordered, but I don't think it was as fun or interesting as Bastion, except for Royce, who was the best part of that game.
>>
>>334845780
What didn't you like about it?

A lot of the early weapons are shit, you get more fun ones (and insane upgrades) later
>>
most overhyped fucking devs
>>
>>334845875
>>334846036

Yeah, couldn't see how the core of the gameplay could improve(even watched videos) and didn't feel like I want to continue the game either(story or the world didn't get me) so I dropped it
>>
>>334842645
This is either going to flop hard or be a huge success.

The trailer music is nowhere near as good as Transistor's, so I'm more inclined to think it's going to suck.
>>
>>334846284
>2 games
>both very good

do you even know the definition of overhyped?
>>
>>334846284
>not fromsoft
>not rockstar
>not cd projekt
>instead its some guys that made two good games thats the overhyped devs

Sure buddy
>>
FUCK YES,
Finally some quallity trip hop soundtrack from Darren, any news about nig-nog narrator being involved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieG9MtRHP28
>>
>>334845475
>>334845123

>anybody who likes a videogame and goes onto a IMAGE and DISCUSSION board to talk about is shilling

Or they could be here to post images and discuss things.
>>
>>334846565
>any news about nig-nog narrator being involved

Listed to being in the game, but seemingly not on the narration duty since they would sure as hell shown him in the trailer in that case. They know the guy's value to their games.
>>
Artstyle looks worse than Bastion and much worse than Transistor
The one song shared so far is kind of lame compared to the best Bastion and Transistor had to offer
The battle system seems fucking weird. The fuck is going on there? Basketball? MOBA? The fuck?
Interesting concept, I trust these guys enough that I will play the game when it comes out for sure.
>>
Bastion is a mediocre game with nice graphics and music. Lost any interest in playing Transistor after bearing it. Couldn't care less about the new game.
>>
>>334846959
if you don't care, why post in the thread?

i seriously don't understand

did you desparately wanted to tell us that you don't care about a game?

okay then, good for you bud.
>>
>>334842645
The premise is leaving me a bit cold, but I have a great faith in Supergiant Games.

I really can't wait.
>>
I found Transistor to be hot garbage compared to Bastion, so I'm very weary of this game. Good concept and music, but that that battle system looks weird as fuck. Is it some kinda sports game?

Just gimmie a Bastion 2, Supergiant.
>>
>>334844650
I might have not gotten those vibes if it wasn't for the fact that Banner Saga 2 just came out today.
>>
>>334847117
Bastion doesnt need a sequel.
>>
Bastion was a great game, Transistor significantly less so because of that god awful combat. But both had good music and interesting stories. I'll check it out.
>>
>>334847117
>Just gimmie a Bastion 2, Supergiant.

I dont get you people, that story is finished, what the fuck eactly do you want more from that setting? A prequel? For what purpose?
>>
>>334847261
It doesn't need it but it fucking deserves it.

>>334846959
Bastion's gameplay is very good, Transistor is really fun to play in New Game Plus, just to revive the events, the music and the tests one more time.
>>
>>334846746
Pasting blocks of promotional material and taking about how excited you are for this game is suspicious at least. I can't say for sure that Supergiant is shilling here, but others have before.
>>
>>334842645
So I guess its their first multiplayer?
And you try to douse the enemies pyre while protecting your own.
And while you collect the water orb you lose whatever makes you invincible fire aura? so you can be killed?
>>
>>334847117
>Just gimmie a Bastion 2, Supergiant.

oh look, it's this retard again from the last thread

why won't you just fuck off
>>
>>334847068
Are only positive opinions allowed? You should go to reddit, you'll like it there.
>>
bastion had better music and storytelling

transistor had better gameplay and atmosphere but shit storytelling

hopefully this time they can nail all of it
>>
>>334847553
Now that you cite multiplayer, it kinda looks like a polished, adult version of Dofus.
>>
This trailer was a bit weird. If I didn't know Bastion and Transistor I'd think it's shit. I guess it will all come together in the end.
>>
>>334842645
Transistor was so fucking shit, I don't know...
>>
Supergiant are a one-hit-wonder team.
>>
>>334847457
>Pasting blocks of promotional material
As oppose to what? The trailer says shit all about the game so OP took some existing text that gives more context and copied it in his post.
>>
>>334847457
OP here, let me tell you what I did exactly

>see the trailer posted by Supergiants on their Twitter feed, get excited because I love both of their games
>open /v/, no thread about it
>link the video, copy the text from the website to give some info on it
>hit submit

Truly the most blatant shilling of all time.

Do the world a favor: take off your tinfoil hat and crawl back to whatever hole you came out off
>>
>>334847261
>>334847350
You guys are right, it doesn't need a sequel, but I just want something in the same vein. Transistor was a massive disappointment in both the gameplay and the story departments. I just want a return to form from supergiant games.

>>334847662
I have no idea what you're talking about. More than one person can have the same opinion
>>
>>334847553
no, it's a party-based role-playing game
>>
>>334847553
I don't think it's multiplayer. Probably more like a sports game where you control one dude and the others are AI.
>>
Eh, i'am not really a fan of this gypsy-like setting, two before were much more appealing, and the trailler song kinda meh so far, hope its not the best they've got. There is definetly a lot of inspiration from The Banner Saga which is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQMYfXLpKo
>>
Serious case of diminishing returns with this dev. They saw that people loved the music and feel of Bastion, so they just keep using the same exact composer and singer who now think they're hot shit. The smugness comes through that bitches voice plain as day and it kills any sincerity and integrity the music could have had. For how hard they try to be original, it feels forced and creatively bankrupt. Bastion is their one hit wonder and they are obviously on a path of trying to poorly recapture that lightning in a bottle.
>>
>>334847850
Why do you say that ?
>>
>>334847662
He's not wrong y' know, transistor's combat is abysmal non interactive, tedious, and often frustrating horse pucky. Even in games that have an "active pause" system, Transistor is pretty mediocre, and no, attaching a meter to things doesn't make it better. I imagine the combat system was probably originally thought up as a way of melding the combat and puzzle solving systems together, except they then scrapped all but one "puzzle" at the very start of the game.
>>
>>334847665
why do you even want to give your negative opinion?

like seriously, what do you except?

>this game which is widely regarded as an excellent game is mediocre

okay.

good for you.
>>
>>334848185
Never in all my life have I seen someone project so hard
>>
>>334848276
>transistor's combat is abysmal non interactive, tedious, and often frustrating horse pucky

it's not, that's just your personal opinion, and an extremely shitty one
>>
>>334848302
>why do you even want to give your negative opinion?
You are a fucking fanboy child trying to ride the hype train and wants everyone else to as well, heaven forbid someone have a dissenting opinion and people talk about what can be reasonably expected from and what should be improved in a sequel.
Faggot
>>
>>334848381
Do you think that poster is part of a mediocre game dev company that can't move on from their first game, or do you just not know what projection is?
>>
File: Pyre_06.jpg (999 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_06.jpg
999 KB, 1920x1080
What do you think about this piece of art ?
>>
>>334848562
>people talk about what can be reasonably expected from and what should be improved in a sequel

please point out where in your post
>Bastion is a mediocre game with nice graphics and music. Lost any interest in playing Transistor after bearing it. Couldn't care less about the new game.
is even a HINT of "talking about reasonable expectations"
>>
>>334848631
Man they look cooler with the masks on. The opening view on them looked so fucking hype.
>>
>>334842645
Loved bastion but didn't really get into transistor, we'll see with this one

Seems like some weird strategy rpg thing
>>
>>334847850
Completely agree.
>>334848276
Agree with this as well, Transistor's combat was garbage and it was a miracle I even bothered to finish it with how anti-fun it was to actually play.
>>
>>334848492
Great argument Jr.

>pause game
>dps (which is arbitrarily limited btw)
>watch a little custscene play in real time of the things you did while you paused time
>run around (at a snail's pace) for a bit for the meter to fill back up
>rinse, wash repeat
Now then kiddo, would you like to explain to me how that is interactive and interesting. Also you might want to learn the difference between fact and opinion
Hint: things you disagree with are not "just someone else's personal opinion", that is middle school tier deflection.
>>
welp so much for /v/, not even being able to have a thread about supergiant because someone has to absolutely let everyone know that he didn't like thing
and you faggots wonder why they are no video games anymore
>>
File: 1454515131746.png (116 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1454515131746.png
116 KB, 396x388
>>334848631
>gay furry fox thing with a mustache
>fucboi demon with that chick from frozen's hair
>hwang from soul caliber with a cloak and stubble

They arnt winning any awards in character design that time thats for sure
>>
>>334848302
Because I don't agree with others.
There's a lot of games that are widely regarded as excellent that suck just because people who play them don't know better or are decieved by a game's looks. Just like Bastion.
>>
File: 1446504317858.jpg (25 KB, 549x395) Image search: [Google]
1446504317858.jpg
25 KB, 549x395
>>334848848
>double ad hominem
>"my opinion is a fact"
>>
>>334848706
That wasn't my post, I'm just pointing out how ass blasted you are that someone isn't sucking Giant Game's dick, and what a sophomoic little child you are going back to platitudes like "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" as your defense
>>
>>334847886
>As oppose to what
You're either pathetically transparent or dull as a rock. Coming from someone who enjoyed the fuck out of Bastion (haven't played Transistor though), this shilling is pretty obvious.
>>
>>334848848
>he only uses turn()
good fucking job limiting yourself dumbo. If you ever bothered to ramp up the difficulty, you'd know that turn is basically only used as defense, anyway
>>
>>334848276
Transistor's combat is too broken down to be good. You have multiple abilities, multiple passive boosts and variations, so in the end it's just a patchwork of stuff that barely works put together with no balance at all. And on top of that, there's the wonky hit registration and the AP bar, which you end up not using at all because finding yourself with no powers for some time is not good at all.
>>
>>334842645
bastion was pretty good but transistor was mediocre as fuck. I hope this one is better.
>>
>>334848624
>or do you just not know what projection is?
No, that would be you if you're calling it into question.
Try google next time ;)
>>
>>334849000
>you think you like it but actually you're wrong
How did you get this far up your own ass?
>>
File: 1308037755811.jpg (28 KB, 442x330) Image search: [Google]
1308037755811.jpg
28 KB, 442x330
>>334848848
oh look, it's someone who spammed turn() all game long, and didn't even play NG+
>>
>>334849073
>If you ever bothered to ramp up the difficulty
>implying

>>334849002
>waaaaah, le ad homos fallacy that means he's wrong *cut cut cut*
>>
File: The_Kid.jpg (96 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
The_Kid.jpg
96 KB, 620x348
>>334848848
You can combat in real-time. You can explore and combine capacities, which is the core of the gameplay and replay experience.

The stop-time system rewards precise execution and planning. If you think the game wasn't hard enough, try 10 limiters.

Also, the little music when you are in Turn() is just gorgeous.

>>334848952
It's true that it's kinda disappointing compared to the Kid
>>
>>334849073
>ramp up the difficulty
you mean the difficulty settings hidden behind level ups?

What a stupid ass design. I shouldn't need to play the game 2+ times in order to play it on the higher difficulty level. Bastion did it right.
>>
>>334849217
hilarious
>>
>>334842645
feels like ankama
but with actually competent developers
>>
>>334849302
you too bae
>>
>>334848898
Fuck off shill, they made one good game, a second mediocre game with bad combat that was basically emulating the same style, and now they're coming out with a third even more mediocre looking game yet again copying the same design philosophy and style. It's not impressive, it's actually a bit pathetic. If they were anything more than one hit wonders, they would not be so insincerely trying to force their way to another hit. True creativity happens organically, they did it once and either aren't interested or aren't capable of doing it again.
>>
>>334849214
>The game gets good the second time you play it

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

The game encourages you to only use turn(), unless you attach jaunt() to one of your moves.
>>
>>334848898
Fuck off to reddit then. No one gives a fuck about this dev with one good game. Artstyle is all that is carrying them now.
>>
>>334849553
how dare someone post VIDEO GAMES on /v/ huh?

teenage cancer
>>
>>334849312
>implying those characters look anyway near as nice as the ones from wakfu/dofus

jej
>>
>>334849465
If you stick around, you'l find out that turn is not really that good. It puts a cooldown on all your abilities, it doesn't work well with some abilities, and you can stunlock things to death better without it. And all of this becomes apparent if you raise the difficulty.
>>
>>334849553
But they have two great games
>>
File: Zia.jpg (62 KB, 260x278) Image search: [Google]
Zia.jpg
62 KB, 260x278
>One day you know that wall is gonna fall...
>>
>>334842645
Hopefully it's not shit like Transistor
>>
>>334842645
Fuck yeah, finished Transistor last week and loved it. Can't wait for this.

Playing Bastion
>>
>>334842645
>tfw you will never pour your heart out into a game and not get even half the recognition you deserve.
>tfw you will never do this once, but probably three times
>because shovelware AAA exists and that's all normies now
>>
>>334849553
let me just get my folder of crying feelfag images ready so I can fit in again you faggot
>>
>>334842645
I hope this game doesn't end with an endless recursion too. It's fine for gameplay purposes but the whole 'and the cycle continues' thing is too common now, I'm sure they can do NG+ without having to attach a story reason to it if they want.
>>
>>334846380
ok
>>
File: 1460934778515.jpg (44 KB, 210x288) Image search: [Google]
1460934778515.jpg
44 KB, 210x288
>Banner Saga clone made that way so they can tell it is "different"
kek
>>
>>334849051
Once again, as opposed to what?
>>
I don't really care. bastion was boring and this game already has that stupid "bleed colors in high contrast" style that every other indie is using, so fuck them.
>>
>>334851810
You can't post this negative opinion here
>>
Bastion was shit and this will be shit too.
>>
>>334851810
you cared enough to make this post :^)
>>
File: 6.jpg (189 KB, 714x1118) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
189 KB, 714x1118
I'm excited, but it's still really far away. Transistor and Bastion were some of my favorite games released in somewhat recent years considering how AAA releases have continued getting shittier and shittier.

I'm hoping the OST is even better than Transistor. Was that Ashley Barret singing in the reveal trailer with Darren Korb?
>>
>>334842645
This image is a fucking mess. I don't have a clue what I'm looking at. I see crossed arms and some legs. The heads(?) blend in too much with the background. There's way too much detail. Poor show. 3/10, would not buy from this.
>>
>already calling it shit when barely anything of it is revealed
>accusing someone actually contributing video game news of being a shill

And you wonder why no one bothers to put effort here anymore, you get shut down for honest attempts at any discussion.

>inb4 "SUPERGIANT SHILL"
>>
File: 307133863.jpg (555 KB, 743x1024) Image search: [Google]
307133863.jpg
555 KB, 743x1024
Hopefully Darren Korb isn't going to be doing most of the vocals. He's alright, but I feel Barrett is better
>>
>>334852330
>positive opinions only guys!!! please no bully
>>334849161
More like you like it because you have shit taste, but that's subjective of course.
>>334848898
Wow dude. It this your first day there?
Do you get upset so easily over everything in life?
>>
I really liked Bastion,

I liked Transistor's music, and ideas. Didn't like Darren doing the same shit as Bastion through, since it just seems like repeating the same narrative gimmick. I've only just started playing it though.

This trailer was really boring for me. Everything, even the music and the art felt really flat and bland.

If you'd said they were making a 3rd game, and I hadn't seen the trailer I would've been hype as fuck.
>>
File: 2016-02-22_00002.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-22_00002.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
>>334852848
>Red lewd
noice
>>
File: 1392611868145.jpg (80 KB, 623x332) Image search: [Google]
1392611868145.jpg
80 KB, 623x332
>>334852845
>complaining about complaints on /v/
>>
>>334848302
Dude stop fucking crying about opinions.

Transistor and Bastion are two of my favorite games of all time but you're just being retarded.
>>
>>334852458
yes
i'm fucking hype
>>
>>334852845
>another inde game
Why should anyone care? Maybe that dev isn't that great after all?
>>
File: 2016-02-28_00011.jpg (548 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-28_00011.jpg
548 KB, 1920x1080
Transistor showed me I'll unite with mai waifu when I'll die. I can't wait.
>>
>>334842645
Looks like a cheap iPad game.
>>
>>334853145
>Indie
>published by WB 3 times
yea, okay mate, Batman is indie right
>>
File: 17.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
152 KB, 1920x1080
>>334853145
God I hate /v/. Though many indie games are shit, being indie doesn't automatically make it shit.

I'm not digging this game as much as Bastion and Transistor, but I'll reserve judgement considering those turned out excellent
>>
>>334842645
Was Transistor good?

I felt like it was a massive step down.
Felt like it was aimed at a more casual audience, the semi turn based combat was weird and hiding behind walls was an odd choice.
>>
>>334853493
This is the site that jizzed itself over Undertale
>>
>>334853332
People don't use "indie" as in literally "independant", you dumbass.
>>
>>334853653
>the Indie EA bundle is totally fine
>>
>>334853493
Nobody is calling it shit, chill. The point is there are so many of them these days it's hard to get hyped for anything.
>>
>>334842645
>In Pyre, you lead a band of exiles through an ancient competition spread across a vast, mystical purgatory.
Sounds pretentious.
>>
File: 1451554964182.jpg (40 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1451554964182.jpg
40 KB, 500x484
I'm pretty sure that it's going to be even worse than Transistor.
Can't wait to lose last additional bit of hope I didn't even know I still had.
>>
Transistor had top notch visuals, soundtrack and atmosphere, but the gameplay was awkward as fuck.
Pyre seems full 2D as opposed to 2.5D like Bastion and Transistor, so I don't know what to expect.
>>
>>334853510
Maybe you should just stop having shit taste
>>
>>334853510
I enjoyed it a lot, but I definitely enjoyed Bastion more. I liked the whole semi-turn based thing, and I loved the art, but I felt that Bastion was just better as a whole. That being said, it's still worth a play if you haven't already.
>>
>>334842645
>NEW GAME FROM THE CREATORS OF BASTION
>BASTION
>not TRANSISTOR
Bastion was a fucking snoozefest.
>>
>>334854469
Transistor was garbage and they're wise to pretend it didn't exist.
>>
File: 1443386650639.png (269 KB, 600x1065) Image search: [Google]
1443386650639.png
269 KB, 600x1065
>>334853493
>settling for low budget trash

Throughout my over twenty five years of playing video games, I can tell you that indie games are not anything special to glance at. Bastion was nothing special because there are much better beat em up rpgs that have been produced and by professional teams. Transistor was nothing godlike to care for. Its gameplay was actually pretty mediocre compared to better games already on the market. Indies are nothing to care for because none of them bring me anything that trounces what we already have released. Why play FTL when I can play the tons of spaceship sims that existed back on DOS and PC? Why play Undertale when actual rpgs exist with more than basic gameplay and story? The answer is, there is none.
>>
>>334854648
>If a game isn't literally the absolute best in its category then don't even bother
What a narrow-minded view on this hobby.
>>
Bastion and Transistor were both great so I'm hype as fuck.

I just hope that if it's purely real-time the max difficulty has a bit more strategy to it than "roll while popping off mortar/rifle/shotgun/repeater shots once you have space to, start to roll again and repeat" like Bastion did for the Dreams.
>>
>>334847743
>transistor had better gameplay
lol no
Bastion was built from the ground up to be an enjoyable real time isometric hack n slash

Transistor felt like Bastion awkwardly shoved onto a turn based-real time hybrid that never felt satisfying and always felt weird

that being said, not really digging the characters or art style, especially when they took the masks off
>>
File: 1455454169638.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455454169638.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>That trailer music
Goddamn these guys sure have some talented people
>>
>>334854949
I'm not looking for best. I'm looking for beyond mediocre. I've had enough low standard games throughout my time. I'm older so I need something more stimulating. These games are made for the person who never played games in their lives or for complete casuals, which seems to be the norm for /v/. Apparently having standards is frowned upon now and talking bad about a video game, esp indie games, just shows that the progressive movement has reached all the way from polygon and kotaku to /v/.
>>
>>334855218
All I got out of your post was that you're a pathetic, jaded fuck doing nothing more than bringing people around him down.
>>
>>334855506
fuck off with your feelings back to whatever hugbox you came from
>>
>>334855145
And it's just that, two people -- Korb and Barrett. Really all Supergiant needsm Korb is a machine.
>>
>>334855756
Its hilarious that you should say that considering how upset you're getting over being told to fuck off.
>>
>>334854648
>big budget=good game
Current AAA gaming would like a word with you
>>
>>334856741
Current AAA game being bad is a meme. There's bad games where ever you look, but I trust games with a budget rather than those with one. Most indies today aren't gamers. They're schemers who use the easy game tools to make a game. They have no discipline or talent
>>
>>334854001
What about that sounds pretentious? It's literally just stating what you'll do in the game. There's really no implications besides it having a somewhat open world
>>
>>334856897
I just go on a case by case basis. For instance, Ubisoft has been shit lately but Far Cry Primal was surpisingly fun
>>
> From the creators of Bastion
Didn't they also make Transistor or whatever which bombed spectacularly compared to Bastion?
Why would anyone be hype for this garbage?
The only reason people liked Bastion was because at that time the market wasn't over-saturated with indie bullshit
>>
File: Yt9Gspv.jpg (125 KB, 1419x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yt9Gspv.jpg
125 KB, 1419x1080
>>334857578
>900k sales on PC alone
>probably an additional million on consoles and mobile

>bombed

are you literally, actually retarded?
>>
>>334857326
Ubisoft really hasn't been that shit lately.

Unity was the last big game they developed that genuinely sucked, the rest has been mediocre at worst.
>>
Fuck I love Transistor so fucking much. Hopefully this is great as well.
>>
Supergiant is very good at creating hype because their trailers are beautiful and have nice music. Doesn't mean the games are good though.
>>
>>334849980
Have you even played Wakfu/Dofus ? The ingame characters aren't that beautiful
>>
But will there be waifus?
>>
Does transistor suck or I'm playing it wrong?
Should I try to only use turn o just stick to normal atacks?
>>
>>334842645
I'm intruiged.

I honestly couldn't stand the gameplay in Transistor, hopefully this'll be closer to Bastion's level of quality.
>>
>>334856897
>Most indies today aren't gamers.
No true dev is a gamer, they're adults.
>They're schemers who use the easy game tools to make a game.
There are two types of indie devs, and you're an ignorant fucktard for generalizing, First there are the scammers making walking simulators and being SJWs, then there's the people actually making games, like Supergiant, Wayforward, Keen, Amplitude, Zachtronics, Larian, Re-Logic, Klei, Frozenbyte and even Valve for fucks sake.

All of these companies have excellent games that are miles better that any AAA thrash you can think of.

And you know why? Because they make games because they love to and know how to make a return in the process, while your precious Ubivisions make games to sell and care about nothing else.

Almost every AAA studio is the equivalent of a dead-end indian sweatshop nearly enslaving their employees and you know that.
>>
>>334857578
You managed to be wrong in every line. wow
>>
File: quality 2.jpg (196 KB, 1280x883) Image search: [Google]
quality 2.jpg
196 KB, 1280x883
>>334861148
Lotta loyalty for a hired shill.
>>
>>334852848
Yeah, I'm gonna need an uncensored version of that.
>>
>>334856897
Bullshit.

I had more fun with Shovel Knight and Hotline Miami than any western AAA shit since 2012(apart from Sleeping Dogs).
>>
>>334854648
I had fan with bastion and transistor and that's all that matters, whether a game is indie or not is the less of my concerns.
>>
>>334859063
>Ubisoft really hasn't been that shit lately.
>Far Cry Primal is a worse version of FC4 which is a worse version of FC3

>Division is such a gigantic mass that it loses 10k players per week

>AC keeps going down in quality

>Watch Dogs in general

top kek m8
>>
>>334859610
actually, they are
>>
>>334849007
>>334848706

He just wants attention and (You)s
Just dont reply
Think about the neckbeard behind the screen desperately seeking a response from you.
>>
>>334845123
What the fuck do you want us to discuss? e-celebs?
>>
>>334854469
OP only mentioned Bastion the video said "Creators of Bastion and Transistor"
>>
>Another OST by Darren Korb

I'm as hype for this as I am for the actual game.
>>
dank.

I admittedly haven't gotten around to playing Transistor. But I've played its OST to death. At the very least I can expect some new shit to listen to.
>>
File: 1403332129107.jpg (46 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1403332129107.jpg
46 KB, 500x371
Transistor and Bastion are easily some of my favorite games of all time, and an RPG system fits Supergiant's style perfectly. You guys have no idea how fucking excited I am.
>>
>>334862873
This. Darren Korb is a god among men.
>>
>>334861790
Prepare to shell out for a commission.
>>
>>334842645
I'm glad they're trying something new
>>
>>334848631
there better be voice acting in more than just the cutscenes

that's one of the things that made Bastion and Transistor so memorable, the narrator always seemed to be there to comment on what's happening
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.