[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
What went wrong?
>>
generally nothing
for me personally - paid multiplayer
>>
File: 1436688057112.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436688057112.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>334838861

what didn't?
>>
>>334838861
The story.
The rest is fine.
>>
>>334840092
I think the general art/atmosphere took a turn for the worse too.
>>
when wings of liberty was released, someone looked at jimmy's opening line about kerrigan and thought it was okay to sell
>>
Selling 3 shitty campaigns separately when they sold 3 good campaigns and 3 good campaigns again before.
>>
>>334838861
>Jimmy doesn't take his revenge
>super saiyans
>Zeratul's death
>everything that happened in HotS

I liked Valerian and Matt, the main characters are awful
>>
>>334840291
Don't kid yourself. Sc2's campaigns are far more varied and polished than anything from SC1
>>
>>334838861
Blizzard fucked up the competitive scene and took it for granted.

DotA 2, league, and CS:GO ate their lunch.
>>
>>334840656
>killing zeratul

I hope you're joking...
>>
>>334840291
are you shitting me? the level design and missions are way way better in sc2, better than any other rts in fact
>>
>>334840291
This

Only underage kids think SC2 campaigns are remotely close to being good.

Also no LAN is a retarded Activision move
>>
>>334840291
Seeing that each game have as much campaign as the first SC1, I don't see the problem, there.
>>
>>334841139
serious spoiler
literally dies within the first few missions
>>
File: 1456865123861.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456865123861.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>334841491
...are they fucking high?
>>
>>334841642
The best part: his last words are literally "my wife for hire" what the fuck.
>>
>>334838861
nothing multiplayer is great and better then before
>>
I actually kinda liked WoL's campaign for the most part, except for TIDINGS OF DOOM and Raynor's sudden 180 on Kerrigan. At least that had some semblance of quality.
>>
>>334841970
It was the most enjoyable one in the 2, that's for sure.
>>
>>334841970
I liked Zeratul's mini campaign and how it mattered for the end of the great battle.
>>
protoss
>>
The shitty writing.

Artanis was so hilariously hopeful in SC2 so I couldn't help but love him again (didn't care for him in BW, I only liked him in SC1 due to the playing as him without knowing.
>>
>>334840291

To be fair, SC2 had far better mission variety and each campaign was as long as Brood War.
>>
>>334842925
Mission variety was slightly better but overall meaningless when there are 0 characters that are good and when story is so shit. Also size of the campaign doesn't justify splitting it, especially when you try to sell the game with it's MP and want people to keep making custom maps.
>>
It would all be better if they didn't bring Amon into the mess.Sc1 was beautiful because it was before Blizzard started having wet dreams of corruption.
>>
AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE XDD
>>
>>334840228
For expansion or SC2 in general? I don't think the expansion is any worse than WoL/HotS in terms of atmosphere.
>>
File: 1282687805245.jpg (138 KB, 800x940) Image search: [Google]
1282687805245.jpg
138 KB, 800x940
>>334838861
The story for Legacy was so bad that me and everyone I knew who played Starcraft pretends like the story didn't exist, and it was a joke played on everyone.

Let me illustrate why in excruciating detail:

1) Starcraft 1 was more about politics between the factions. Starcraft 2's main storyline is about corruption and dieties... like, what??

2) Zerg now "really super promises not to infest terrans". Also they're icky, and weak. Despite Terrans horribly stomping their brains in 1000 to 1 cannonically.

3) Kerrigan's hated humanity because humanity betrayed her. This is why she accepted the zerg. Not because space-daddy corrupted her with her corrupted zerg cells. She then became part of the swarms hivemind as a main leader.

4) Why the fuck does Kerrigan have the features of a black woman when she was "cured" of her infestation?? And also...

5) If you can use alien artifacts to remove infestation, which took Kerrigan's "Powers" away, does that mean that all zerg are psionic entities? If that's the case than it goes against the whole philosophy of "zerg are created with purity of essence" (mutagenic growth/biology), while protoss are purity of essence (pure psionic power made manifest).

6) Jimmy would have shot that cunt Kerrigan if he had the chance. Also, they kissed because he needs some of that dank pussy. I bet he fucked her right in that crab-like-tenticle pussy and it ripped his manhood off.

7) Zeratul is an outcast because people are too stupid to trust the dude who literally destroyed all the zerg on shakuras. Yea no. I don't believe that in the slightest.

8) General Duke has been reborn as general Warfield. He's a nigger. He dies, as is tradition. This isn't a point against it, it's just funny.

9) Despite the whole game being done really well and polished to perfection, the story murdered the idea of the Xel'Naga. Hybrids? OK. Xel'Naga? You fucked it.
>>
>>334840937

This by a bajillion. Not only did they fuck up the comp scene by gutting SC1 in Korea, they fucked up SC2's scene by releasing the game in 3 parts, fracturing the mp base.

Not to mention the balance is ass.
>>
>>334840817
SC1 isn't the yardstick, WC3/TFT is. They even rehashed many of the mission ideas from those campaigns when they made the three parts of SC2.
>>
The epilogue was bizarre as fuck.

Like it was meant to be Starcraft 3 but they just thought fuck it and made it into a 10 minute mission at the end of 2.
>>
File: 1460508387795.jpg (108 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
1460508387795.jpg
108 KB, 835x773
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/128252-a-short-history-of-activision-blizzard-or-how

This post was made SIX years ago.

And here's the gem to get you started: the CEO of Activision Blizzard said this:

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games...

Most of the 20 years, that I have provided for growth at Activision, we were content to make products that are attractive to the 16-35 year old guy who has gotten no date for Saturday night."

Read the whole thing if you're not dyslexic. It's eye-opening.

Blizzard is beyond redemption, and saving.
>>
>>334841970
It's not really a "sudden 180" when there was a two year (or however long it was) time skip between the end of BW and SC2. He's had time to mull it over and he chose to wallow in his despair over old memories since he had no power to change anything anyway.
>>
>>334844363
The zerg were destroyed in all but name with the retcons in SC2.
>>
>>334846132
Please don't remind me. I still get a little mad thinking about the damage they did with the whole Zerus segment of HotS.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.