[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are torches still completely useless in Dark Souls 3 like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: j3rz8nucb9fem427ykzc.png (427 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
j3rz8nucb9fem427ykzc.png
427 KB, 636x358
So are torches still completely useless in Dark Souls 3 like they were in 2?

Or did they actually make some places so dark you actually need them?
>>
So far I needed it only for one room in Irithyll. Haven't gone past that yet.
>>
>>334838692
it's the only place torches are slightly useful
>>
>>334838451

Some enemies have really long stagger animations when attacked by fire. The dogs, the swamp dudes that hit you with trees, and the leech monsters.

In the leech monster area if you get leeches on you that build that bleed you can pull out your torch and they all fall off.

I always keep one handy, sometimes areas are dark but that isn't the biggest concern.
>>
>>334838451

They're needed to remove those worms the enemies at Cathedral inflict you with upon hit, unless you want to go through ~3 blood loss hits until the effect wears off.
>>
Funny thing is that torches aren't available in the only game they would be useful.
>>
>>334838451
completely worthless

in 2 it was useful in the gutter and you needed it to access the challenge area for one of the dlcs

not much use in 3 unless you put the darkness settings all the way to darkest
>>
>>334839243
>completely worthless

Babby's first Souls game with YouTube acquired knowledge, everyone.
>>
Not only they're still worthless they also removed the need to lit the torch first.
>>
>>334839405

Are you implying having to light your torch was a good thing? That was the most infuriating part of the torch. Fuck that.
>>
>>334839361
oh please the torch has little to no worth in 3, at least in 2 you had to use it for some optional areas
>>
A couple rooms in the Dungeon under Irithyll, and one room in the undead settlement.

Also worms.
>>
>>334839763
>He didn't use it to heal worms
>>
>>334839763
retard. I used it the most in DS3.
>>
>>334839763
There are plenty of dark areas where I used the torch so I could see better, it's also useful for stunning certain enemies that are weak to fire and also getting rid of those parasites that cause bleed damage. It's got more of a use than it had in DaSII.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.