[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MUH HD PORTS ARE INFERIOR!!!! >ORIGINAL GAME IS BEST FAGGOT!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: beirut.png (412 KB, 807x541) Image search: [Google]
beirut.png
412 KB, 807x541
>MUH HD PORTS ARE INFERIOR!!!!
>ORIGINAL GAME IS BEST FAGGOT!!!!
>EMULATE THE 90 YEAR OLD ORIGINAL IT'S MUCH BETTER THAN A MODERN REMASTER!!!
>WOW LOL YOU'RE ACTUALLY ENJOYING IMPROVED CONTROLS/PERFORMANCE/GRAPHICS? FUCKING FAG
>LOL DONT TELL ME YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY EXTRA CONTENT THAT DOESNT INHIBIT THE ORIGINAL IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY

why do these people exist?
the zelda remasters have all been good
the PS4 ports of PS2 titles are fine
are people this anally demolished they cant play remasters because theyre too poor to own modern day hardware?
>>
>>334837963
Yes, unless the rare occasions like the Silent Hill HD ports which I've heard are terrible
>>
>>334837963
Well the HD port of Silent Hill 2 was utter shit.

The HD port of Zone of the Enders 2 had massive performance issues.
>>
I don't think it's fair to generalize HD remasters, for good or bad
>>
File: image.gif (80 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
80 KB, 350x263
>fucking so many remasters they are so worthless
>Has shader improvements on emulated games
>>
So you like playing the same games over and over? Think about the dev time and money that they wasted on porting the game you've already played that couldve gone towards making something new and interesting.
>>
File: 1455260390774.jpg (238 KB, 816x1356) Image search: [Google]
1455260390774.jpg
238 KB, 816x1356
>>334837963
The only remasters I have seen anybody complain about are Silent Hill which is completely justified, and Twin Snakes which as least arguable
>>
The only remakes i've seen shit on are the terrible ones like silent hill, or the ones that fuck up the game meta, like homeworld

Filters are the real problem when emulating
>>
Why pay for repeated rereleases of the same games you already played with negligible differences? I mean, I understand the appeal of remasters for kids who were too young to play the originals, or people who didn't own the console it was on. But if you grew up playing, say, Wind Waker, I don't think paying $50 for an uprezzed, "streamlined" version is worth it personally.

Also, there's the fucked up remasters like Silent Hill HD which are absolute trainwrecks.
>>
>>334838232
ZOE at least got patched on PS3. I feel bad for the folks who bought it on 360 though
>>
>>334838527
Twin Snakes isnt even a remaster its a remake.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.