[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to do it short : Dark Souls is my favorite game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1455250405880.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455250405880.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1080
I'm going to do it short :

Dark Souls is my favorite game of all times. I have so much memories, I spent so much time playing it. I love it with all my heart.

I played through Dark Souls 2 only once. It was not a bad game, but compared to its predecessor, I was let down a lot. I was so disappointed I almost wanted to cry.

So, should-I play Dark Souls 3 ?
>>
Should you play a game from a series that you clearly enjoy so that you may experience it and form your own opinion of it's merit based on that experience?

Yes.
>>
>>334837806

I don't want to be let down like I was with Dark Souls 2. I would rather not play it than feel that again.
>>
It's not gonna be an experience like dark souls 1 was for you though.
>>
>>334837885
Then don't play any video games ever gain because every game can ether be good or bad.
You cant risk it.
In fact don't consume any from of media ever again.
>>
>>334837885
Damn you sound pretty autistic.
>>
This game is made for people who do not like Dark Souls 2.
>>
DaS 3 is a whole different experience. Nothing like DaS really. It has better level design and enemies than DaS 2 but I would still consider it <DaS/DeS
>>
File: 1423546464867.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423546464867.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>334837885
You sound like a massive pussy dude. You're almost as bad as that guy that got scared of guns in a video game.
Fuck off loser.
>>
DaS3 is fucking fantastic and probably the best Souls game in the whole series, including BB and all of the DLC. If you're not a huge lorefag you'll fucking love it.

That's my actual opinion. This game has rekindled my passion for vidya it's fucking great.
>>
Look, you'll never feel the same sense of wonder in a souls game again, it's not going to happen. You will always be disappointed from now that you won't feel the same way that you did going through dark souls the first time. even people who love 3 and think it's the best in the series feels that way.

It's not bad. It's actually great. Lots of fun. But after beating a souls game you already know all of the tricks up its sleeve. Instead of stumbling on a hidden path for the first time you can easily guess where it is. You can spot a trap from a mile away. You know that bosses are never really hard and never feel like you reached a point where everything seems impossible but then through determination end up pulling through.
>>
>>334837524
>should I _______ /v/?
These fucking threads are so cringe it hurts just fucking do what you wanna do jesus christ im mad
>>
>>334837524
>>334837885
You're such a fucking faggot. Dark Souls 1 is probably my favourite game of all time or at the very least top 5, and I still MASSIVELY enjoyed Dark Souls II.

Yes, Matthewmatosis and Matt Lees and all the other hipsters parroting "this and that wasn't so good" are totally, 100% correct. There is so much dumb, stupid shit in Dark Souls II that pisses me off. I hate that fucking bit with four billion guards in front of the Ancient Dragon. I hate how Brightstone Cove Tseldora is split between two very important parts that take an age to traverse between. I hate dumb shit like the windmill and going up an elevator into a volcano in the sky. But that shit's superficial. It's stupid but it really has no effect on the game whatsoever. The DLC for DSII in particular is flat out better than some Dark Souls I areas. Dark Souls II gets way too much fucking flack. It's an absolutely fucking stellar game and little children like you don't deserve to play it; you don't have the RIGHT to say you're "disappointed" because you apparently went into the game hoping to be let down.

Don't play Dark Souls III without playing Dark Souls II in its entirety first; it's a little charred on the outside but it's still a real gem on the inside. It is seriously great. Not as good as Dark Souls, but really what is?
>>
>>334838916
What this guy said. I haven't been this happy with a game in a long time.
>>
>>334839030
>Don't play Dark Souls III without playing Dark Souls II in its entirety first

that is bad advice. Play Dark Souls 3 when the community is at its peak then move on to 2 later. It's not going anywhere and right now the community is already dead anyways.
>>
>>334839030

DaS2 is a depressing game. It feels like an amateur fucking project.

What's the point of occasionally good levels and fantastic DLC when the core of the game is so dull and trashy.

I want DaS2's DLC ported over to 3. Shulva and Loyce deserve better.
>>
I beat DS3 yesterday and I thought it was good. I still think the first game is the best one but this one is definitely right behind it. It took all the good things from the first game and all the good things from bloodborne and put them together and it ultimately made a fun and challenging game.
>>
>>334839507
Even worse advice is to skip it.

The Dark Souls series is a lot like Metroid. Metroid 1 was great; it had not too much and not too little. Metroid 2 took a different direction and was difficult for some people but it was a damn fine game on its own. Super Metroid is the swansong for both; tweaking the mechanics and edging more towards the fan preference but irrevocably taking the best parts from each.

I am honestly really tired of this narrative that Dark Souls II is bad. It's just simply different, in the same way that poise or durability work differently in each instalment. If you're not even willing to jig about the mechanics and setting why would anyone even invest in that universe?
>>
>>334840439
I think his main argument was to skip 2 so he could experience the online community of 3 to its fullest before it stales out. Then go back to 2 because the online is pretty dead atm.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.