[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this one of the biggest blunders Nintendo has ever dropped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Was this one of the biggest blunders Nintendo has ever dropped?

>Even at its peak week it was making less than 1% of what top apps like Monster Strike and Clash of Clans made in a week
>DeNA expected to make $25m a month with Nintendo, but even with peak number estimates, Miitomo is only making $1.1m a month
>dropping like a lead weight in the charts. On Android, it went from #1 to #77 in a week in downloads and is already out of the top 500 in revenue. On iOS it's already out of the top 200 in both downloads and revenue
>Nintendo wanted 100m users but Miitomo has had <5% of that total so far

What went horribly wrong?
>>
no advertisement

people don't expect Nintendo things outside of Nintendo consoles
>>
They forgot to add any games whatsoever
Its just shitty questions you dont care about and dressup that means nothing
Theres pictures but you cant actually share them in-app, only on other media sites, where you can do everything miitomo does
>>
>>334826757
Once the NX and Nintendo mobile games come out its going to gain popularity again.
>>
let's see how the 30m they put into pokemon go ends up
>>
>released mere 3 weeks ago
>already talking about "makes x money per month"
>>
>>334826943
This, it isn't an actual game. It's just a questionnaire but with Mii's.The novelty wore off fast because there's nothing really all that engaging about the app.
>>
>>334826757
>What went horribly wrong?
Compatibility issues and bugs. If you look over at the app store or customer support on Nintendo's site, many people reported issues being able to get this game to run on their devices and that doesn't include rooted devices which they fixed a few days after it's release. I myself can't even get this game to work on my tablet.
>>
>>334826757
i was excited when i saw this pop up on google play. Very good presentation. Made my character. Then my phone started heating up and i lost like 1% battery per minute. There was nothing to do. So I shut it off and deleted it after 3 days of not using it.
>>
>>334827157
Pokemon go will get at least 100m easily
>>
>>334826757
I downloaded it then ran out of shit to do in 2 days. Also my friends list fucking broke.
>>
Its not very fun. I mean, its main point is to collect Nintendo Points but you need to rely on other people for that. After 3 days of nobody commenting on my 20+ questions i answered a day, i gave up.

Seems like everyone else did too.

On the profits side, who the fuck would spend money on clothes for this? That's literally all you can buy. Its so pointless, in other games at least you were progressing as you spent money, but in here its purely cosmetic and on top of that it doesnt go beyond the app.
>>
>>334826757
>Even at its peak week it was making less than 1% of what top apps like Monster Strike and Clash of Clans made in a week
It's sell making a good amount of money and is still in the top 10 of free apps
>DeNA expected to make $25m a month with Nintendo, but even with peak number estimates, Miitomo is only making $1.1m a month
They never said 25 million for Miitomo, they said 25 million from Nintendo gameS, I.E, more than one
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-01-dena-aims-for-usd25m-a-month-with-nintendo-mobile-games
>Nintendo wanted 100m users but Miitomo has had <5% of that total so far
They wanted 100m on the MyNintendo service, not Miitomo
>>
You know the only people who buy into this in the Nintendo userbase, don't you?

Lest we know, you clearly forgot about the much bigger Sony and Xbone userbase who probably doesn't give a shit about it, excluding those who have one and are into Nintendo somehow.
>>
>>334828686
https://www surveymonkey com/business/intelligence/miitomo-nintendos-new-game-is-huge/
>>
File: image.png (467 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
467 KB, 640x1136
>>334826943
Just add them to as responses to your own questions
>>
>>334827328
This
>>
>>334826757
Nothing went wrong. It's mobile garbage, if it bombed then that's good news for everybody. The sooner the mobile fad ends, the better.
>>
You can't depend on Smartphone games for money. The market is so unsustainable and random that although the risk/reward ratio is HUGE, it's also very unlikely even for big companies.
>>
>>334829683
I think Nintendo has no interest in depending on Mobile if Miitomo is anything to go by
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1024x576
how many flowers did you see in your mind's eye, /v/?
>>
>>334829931
They only did it to shut the retarded investors' bitchy mouths in the first place
>>
>All this damage control

The shilling is real.
>>
Meh, still waiting for the announced "game" that we know nothing about.
>>
Why would they expect that much out of it for what it is? I thought it was impressive that it got as much as it did since there isn't a whole lot going on in it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.