[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: JUST.jpg (378 KB, 889x963) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
378 KB, 889x963
If possible, I always start any RPG as the INT guy/gal for reasons. In the souls series, it is considered to be babby mode in which i agree.
But not in dark souls 3.

I started blind by the way.

>Beat Ludex in a flash, ez pz
>Limited early spells, red maiden sells darts which is pisspoor
>Suffers in the early game
>Found this yoel guy, selling the same shit i got+ magic weapon/shield= useless
>Found two 'scrolls', but yoel won't take them
>Even crystal sage spell is shit
>Killed Abyss watchers, and a couple of bosses (1/4 the game i think?) with ONLY soul arrow and heavy soul FUCKING arrow
>Currently stuck at the valley which requires the doll, SL 35

Am i missing an NPC? Am i underleveled? i don't grind, i keep bashing my guy at the boss until i succeed. aside from the Abyss watchers and minor events, the game isn't fun anymore.

Help?
>>
File: PUTTANA.webm (422 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PUTTANA.webm
422 KB, 1920x1080
>>334820720
>he didnt find orbeck
>>
>>334820936
WHERE?

just point me at the place and i will comb it.

Unless you mean that NANA guy whom i tried everything to get anything useful from him(them)
>>
>>334821123
Google mothafucka.
>>
>>334821157
where is the fun in that?
>>
>>334821204
where is the fun in you asking here then? what kind of fucking logic do you have. Instead of dealing with these autists you could easily get your answers from the wiki.
>>
Orbeck is in the building you walked through to get to crystal sage.

He'll take the scrolls as well.
>>
Orbeck is in the building you walked through to get to crystal sage. The one after the "man with tree" enemies

He will take the scrolls as well.
>>
>>334820720
>didn't find Orbeck
>hasn't cleared the cathedral

do you even explore?
>>
>>334820720
You missed a lot of shit. It's okay, everyone does in their first Souls game.
You need to explore everything anon.

You missed the Mage merchant in the Crab Swamp, Orbeck. He's pretty hiden to be fair.
>>
>>334820720
I'm in a similar boat except with Faith. I found a bunch of dark miracle tomes and gave them to the blind Carim girl but didn't get anything good except dark weapon. Now she's gone and I'm pretty sure Not-Yurt killed or kidnapped her. Now my only available miracles are lightning spear, which is fuck awful, dark weapon, heal aid, and that shitty gnawing one. Never once found a time for light miracles and I'm like level 70. I guess I'll just wait until my 2nd playthrough.
>>
>>334820720

Ds1
Magic is hard to come by and you need to know where to get it, not possible on first time playing or without a guide

ds2
magic does piss poor damage and is more gimping than helping through the wholebase game, made even more redundant in the dlcs as all enemies have insane dmg reductions against magic users.

dss3
magic is supposed to be useless now

tell me again about babby mode and how it is not melee.
>>
>>334822656
>magic and ranged is just LOL snipe from a ledge while mobs cant do anything
m-magic is hard mode guys
>>
File: Retard.jpg (8 KB, 298x379) Image search: [Google]
Retard.jpg
8 KB, 298x379
>>334822851

retard
>retard
>>
>>334822471
>get faith to 50
>one shot people with point blank sunlight spears and the talisman that gives hyper armor
>dmb/lb buff adds stupid amounts of damage to weapons
>some weapons like Astora ugs has S scaling with faith at +10 lightning

Faith is fine, you just need to actually invest into it.
>>
I miss the glory days of pre-nerf miracles in DaS2. I felt like Gwyn himself, and they made the game a breeze, just raining lightning all day, every day.
Those days shall never return.
>>
>>334823047
Oh I'm sure it is. I was just venting because I feel like I've missed a ton of miracles this playthrough when I was intending to be a paladin type character. Unless they're all only in the late game areas.
>>
File: 1461005231404.jpg (687 KB, 826x1167) Image search: [Google]
1461005231404.jpg
687 KB, 826x1167
>>334822471

Sort of spoilers, in case you want to find out for yourself.
Her bodyguard guy doesn't like the idea of her telling evil or dark stories, like the ones from the Londor tome. He didn't kill her, but he took her away from you, but you should be able to find her in the Firelink region without teleporting.
>>
>>334823304
Nah, most miracles are actually like 3/4.
>>
>>334823467
3/4 in.

Shit sorry
>>
>>334823304
Luckily the game allows you to respec your stats 5 times per playthrough or something.

I wanted to play as a "Paladin" type character but ultimately just ran my knight build with vig/dex until I got far enough into the game to respec to what I had envisioned.
>>
>>334820720
>Ludex
Are people illiterate?
>>
>>334825297
It's Losefka all over again
>>
INT is totally fucked and doesn't scale properly until after +50 int. You'll get some cool spells later on, however early to mid game is terrible for spellcasters. Currently got 52 INT with a full glass cannon build, and my greater heavy soul arrows hit for around 300-400 per shot.

Find Orheim in the swamp where Crystal Sage is, and get rings that helps you cast better. Going an INT build is more of a support build, its incredible effective when helping others take bosses since you can stay back and act as a siege tank. But be prepared to invest a lot into INT and prepare to die in one/two shots from normal mobs. Its pretty cool in PvP though if it doesn't lag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-R3-n5p6t0
>>
>>334822102
>He's pretty hiden to be fair.
Not really. Sure I didn't find him originally ether, but I then felt really stupid as there is obvious item orb on broken stairs showing that you can get up there.
And when you know you can get up there it's just a question of exploration.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.