[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The soundtrack in this game sucks so much ass. Even Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (786 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
786 KB, 1920x1200
The soundtrack in this game sucks so much ass.

Even Dark Souls 2 had more memorable songs than this generic shit.

The only songs that stick out is abyss watchers and dancer. The rest is literally generic orchestral Heavy Latin opera.

How did they go from bloodborne's 10/10 music to this?
>>
File: disgusted_kitty.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_kitty.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>334818596

souls music in general is highly overrated. DeS especially gets way too much praise. Phalanx theme is good but everything else is meh. I have no idea why people suck Tower Knight theme's dick so much.

DaS has two good tracks, O&S and Gwyn's theme,that's it.

DaS2 doesn't have a single good track.

I haven't finished DaS3 yet, but the Abyss Watchers theme is pretty good, everything else isn't any different from the quality of stuff we got in the previous games.
>>
Just as a point of curiosity, do you find yourself focusing a lot on the music while you play?
Personally I usually listen to different music or podcasts/radio while I'm playing games
>>
>>334818596
>>334818849

And don't even get me started on bloodborne. I played it for the first time in december and cannot for the life of me remember a single track.

I think people like you are the types that think "bloodborne was my favorite game in the series, so I need to vehemently defend every aspect of it as perfect". Bloodborne was great, the music was just serviceable.
>>
File: Veni.jpg (50 KB, 441x604) Image search: [Google]
Veni.jpg
50 KB, 441x604
>>334818596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s

Can't deny this fight music.
The songs were okay, they weren't BB levels, about on par with DS1

yfw Gwyn's theme kicked in during the SoC fight
>>
>>334818596
Some boss themes are really hype, but I don't remember any in particular
>>
>>334819048
>bloodborne music wasn't great

I bet you listen to rap
>>
DS3 music kicks DS2 out of the water you stupid hipster contrarian
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIX_-AMuAhY 1:44 my dudes
>>
Dragonslayer Armour, Old Demon King, Lorian and Soul of Cinder are pretty good but all Souls game OSTs are pretty much the same.

>>334819048
>criticizing BB
inb4 you didn't play it
>>
>>334819048
Hypogeon Gaol had great music, really escalated the anxiety I felt the first time I ended up there and I was too weak to take on Snatchers
>>
File: 1451101770849.png (157 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
1451101770849.png
157 KB, 500x309
Vordt's theme is amazing.
Also, the Abyss Walkers.
Deacons of the Deep's theme was pretty good as well
>>
>>334819048
bloodborne's DLC has the best music in the series to be quite honest with you family
>>
>>334819291
I think souls 2 did a better job at Ornstein's theme.

Old demon king starts out good but turns into generic stuff later.

Final boss will always be good
>>
File: 1445389576435.png (34 KB, 264x360) Image search: [Google]
1445389576435.png
34 KB, 264x360
>>334819048
>He didn't like fucking Gehrman's theme
>He didn't like Lady Maria's theme
>He didn't like Gascoigne's theme
>He didn't like Ebriatas' theme
>He didn't like The One Reborn's theme
>He didn't like the living Failure's theme
>He didn't like fucking Ludwig's theme
>>
I actually feel like 2 had no memorable tracks and yet this one there are already a handful I thought were good, even the first boss' theme I felt was memorable.
>>
I do agree that after Bloodborne the soundtrack of Dark Souls 3 was severely disappointing. It wasn't bad. But a huge step down nonetheless.
>>
>Burnt Ivory King

best
>>
>>334818849

>DaS2 doesn't have a single good track

Sinh, Sir Alonne, Nashandra, Aldia.
>>
>>334818596
I've thought to myself during multiple boss fights how good the music is. The only souls games that I thought the music was legitimately bad was DeS. And DaS2's was just mediocre.
>>
>>334819205

>he thinks rap is bad when literally the best producer of music is a rapper

Shaking my head to be one hundred percent honest with you.
>>
>>334818596
Abyss watchers, Pontiff, and Soul of Cinder have the best tracks. Bloodborne still has the best tracks though.

>comparing these tracks to Dark Souls 2
>>
>>334818596
Abyss Watchers
Teleport bros
Deacons
Nameless King

those are the good tracks, can't remember any of the others
>>
>>334818596
what the fuck memorable means anyway ? this game came out like weeks, and even bad things can be memorable for being bad
>>
>>334820386
oh yeah soul of cinder gwyn part was pretty cool
>>
>>334820082
Let's not forget The Pursuer, Gank Squad and both Rat bosses.
>>
>>334820084

>DaS2's was just mediocre

Anything that isn't spectacular just sounds like any other Souls theme that isn't spectacular in any of the other games.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 693x1154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 693x1154
Am I the only that likes the Iron Golem theme the most?
>>
Pinwheel OST is underrated
>>
>>334818849
>O&S
>Gwyn

These weren't good boss fights OR good musical tracks.
>>
Dark Souls 3 has a very strong soundtrack actually, on top of already having top tier sound design. Footsteps can warn you of incoming enemies from outside the camera for example.

The Firelink theme and the Opening are both very epic and grim. Perfect for getting casuals and new players alike, as well as us veterans to begin an epic adventure.
I'd place Dark Souls 3's soundtrack above Dark Souls 1 and 2.

I hope we get remixes of Dark Souls 2 stuff on the DLC if its related to Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 1 sounding themes if the DLC is about Dark Souls 1. Just so anons can compare Dark Souls 3's soundtrack to Dark Souls 2 and especially Dark Souls 1.
>>
DS3 has the best ost out of all dark souls games.
>>
>>334820841
Yeah the only memorable one from das2 for me was the fight with those three tall skinny armored dudes.
>>
The only track I remember is the alternate Firelink theme, but that one was fucking stellar.
>>
>>334821417
The DLC bosses had amazing music
>Alonne
>Sinh
>Ivory King
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s

the soundtrack is good not ass good as the other games but this song is maybe my favorite of the whole saga so tragic and melancholic
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.