[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's get one thing straight here If you don't own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: IDORT.jpg (86 KB, 716x621) Image search: [Google]
IDORT.jpg
86 KB, 716x621
Let's get one thing straight here

If you don't own all relevant consoles and capable gaming PC you are not an idort

You cannot be a "Sony idort" or a "Nintendo idort".

No, it doesn't matter if you feel one of the devices isn't worth it. If you don't own one, you're not an idort.
>>
I own all the hardware there's at least 1 single game I want to play immediately on it rather than what's in my backlog.

In other words a PS4 and PC plus some old gen stuff.

Do I really have to hoard other consoles and just have them use up space in my house and never play them?
>>
>>334817407
You don't. But you're not an idort.

>Hosted on ebaumsworld
>>
>>334817873
>reacting to the watermark on that particular picture
hownew.ru
>>
>>334817941
Been here a solid 2 months. Trying my best to fit in.
>>
>believing the idort jew
>>
>>334816973
I'm an idort with a preference for Sony, son.

Doesn't change the fact that I have a psp, vita, 3ds, 360, (broken) ps3, several of ninty's older handhelds, and plan on getting a ps4 once it's financially feasible.

I have no interest in the WiiU or Xbone, and will probably forgo whatever the NX is too, though.
>>
>>334817873
I guess being a idort is pretty dumb then
>>
>>334818114
You don't have a PS4, so you're not an idort.
>>
Who cares anon? I just like to play video games and I buy consoles that have the games that I want on them. I also have a mid tier PC since there are some exclusive PC games and multiplats that I want to play on it.
>>
>>334816973
Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>334818114
>Doesn't own one current gen console
>I'm an idort

Jesus fucking Christ the stupidity

>>334818291
>>334818296
People are misusing the term every day now for some reason. I'm trying to set the record straight.
>>
>>334818381
well, if going by that picture, all you need is two systems that aren't from the same company The kind that people normally expect to not have if you have the other one.

So PS4+PC is good enough, right?
>>
>>334818381
Okay, i guess i should rephrase my question.

Why the fuck do YOU care?
>>
>>334818574
The definition is in the OP, not the picture.
>>
>>334818684
>the picture that literally made the term isn't relevant
okay
>>
>>334818745
The picture doesn't define the term.
>>
>>334818870
>so I'll just make up my own definition on this completely imaginary word
guess I'll just use my own as well then and continue being an idort
>>
>>334818656
Because I'm helping to clean up this festering pool of redditors thinking they run the place
>>
>>334818986
The definition is in the OP.

Even if you were to only use the OP image as your definition, the implication is that the character is on every side of the console war, which means he owns every device.

Just so we can put this to rest: you are not an idort.
>>
File: Whisperoftheheart.gif (749 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
Whisperoftheheart.gif
749 KB, 500x269
>>334819008
It's a losing battle, no matter how noble the intentions. I give you props for trying at least, but /v/ is dead and i think it's gonna stay that way.
>>
>>334819112
>literally a psp and a ds
>no implication of anything else
>not even a mention of xbox or PC
>every sides
>>
>>334819197
The implication is that he is on every side of the war.

The definition of idort, as in the OP, has been the same ever since this image. If you're that unhappy with not being an idort, buy everything.
>>
>>334819394
there's no implications of every sides, it's just two sides

likely the ones he cares for
>>
>>334819446
Your interpretation of the image is irrelevant. The definition of idort is in the OP.
>>
>>334819567
except OP is wrong
>>
>people think owning just current-gen systems makes them relevant

That's adorable. Meanwhile I'm sitting pretty on
>PS4
>PS3
>PS2
>3DS
>Vita
>Xbox
>Xbox One
>Wii U
>Wii
>Dreamcast
>SNES
>Vectrex
>MSX2
>>
>>334816973
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/ps4k-neo-details-specs-revealed-rumours/

Good goys, you all bought the Sony PS4 for 1 game
Now get the PS4.5 for silky smooth 15 fps at 4K.
Then wait another 3 years for jack shit fuck all while we make the PS4.75 and sell it to you for $599
>>
>>334819616
If your PC isn't capable you're not an idort.
>>
>>334819702
Well shit I forgot to mention that. But yes my PC is still quite capable and more powerful than any of my consoles (you do have a 144hz monitor don't you?)
>>
>>334818381
>vita and 3ds
>not current-gen

Besides, that's an arbitrary requirement anyway
>>
>>334820242
It's not "arbitrary". That's just how it is. That's what idort means.
>>
>my interpretation of idort is right, yours is wrong, the origin of the word doesn't matter, and I'll interpret it however I goddamn please
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.