[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion of Dead Rising 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Dead_Rising_Boxart.png (1 MB, 640x910) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Rising_Boxart.png
1 MB, 640x910
Fun, nonsensical, large forehead simulatory experience

Difficult in some areas way more than others, some fights and areas are ten times harder than others later in the game.
>>
>>334811735
One of my favorite games of all time. I played it to death
>>
>>334811735
The best DR game.
>>
needs a port
>>
>>334811735
Simple, but fun. The time limit on scoops was annoying as a child. But I learned that's how the game kept good pacing.
>>
>>334812451
Or backwards compatibility.
>>
>>334812451
>DR3 got a PC port before DR1
>nobody even wanted DR3 on PC
Fucking Capcom.
>>
>>334812584
>>334812453
>>334812451
>DR1 had sweet rock
>Timed scoops
>challenging areas
>comfy areas
>the humor was moreso from playing the game than in the cutscenes, like wearing a servbot head and mowing down zombies with a park bench
>Frank was an alright character
>mall was designed well
>Off the Record was better than 2
Rest in Pieces Dead Rising
>>
It's alright. It kinda falls apart during the end since for overtime mode and the last few hours of a regular playthrough the Zombie Sandbox game removes most of the zombies and basically most of the sandbox since theres not much to do besides get shot at by the military.
I guess it's the best since I didn't bother getting very far in the other two.
>>
DR is the most fun when co op, so I tend to rank it below the 2s. The aiming in 1 has some problems as well. Overall it's pretty good. Never played 3.
>>
Dead Rising is 10 years old this year, really want to replay it but got a feeling Capcom will do a Remaster this year

Dead Rising 4, needs to forget all about DR3 and make Frank the star again
>>
It's by far the best Dead Rising and possibly the best zombie game there is.

DR2 was fine but it just didn't feel the same and I could never bring myself to finish it. I beat everything in DR1, true ending, 5 and 7 day survivor, all 50 whatever survivors rescued, all bosses. I loved it.
>>
>>334812969
>all survivors rescued
I legit never did Saint because of the meme convicts
>>
>>334813095

It was a pain in the dick because of the survivor AI but it felt like a big accomplishment. I loved all the little things. Like needing to have the japanese to english translation books in your inventory to be able to rescue the jap survivors and shit.

The game had so much cool shit like that.
>>
>>334813226
Being able to rescue Skrillex on a motorcycle throwing molotov cocktails and then getting infinite molotovs from him was the best
>>
I thought two was better
>>
>>334811735
WEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
>>334812960
>having hope for Dead Rising 4
They're going for a gritty reboot
>>
Good series until Microsoft got their hands on it.
>>
How was Off the Record?
>>
>>334814162
It was actually really not that bad. Rebalanced psychopaths, added some fun over the top new content, Frank is a lovable character etc.

You still need Zombrex, but Frank just drops whatever he's holding to inject it into himself, rather than going to the saferoom again like in 2.
>>334813710
HE AIN'T MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY
>>
File: Deadrisingwikia6.jpg (118 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
Deadrisingwikia6.jpg
118 KB, 576x324
>>334811735
What sucked was the outdoor area with the constantly spawning convicts in the truck.
>>
>>334814423
this was legitimately the best part
>>
>>334811735
Good game, tried going for mega buster first instead of beating it. I'm too lazy to finish it.
>>
>>334814672
not when they are killing survivors your trying to save
>>
File: 1458544896174.png (90 KB, 312x238) Image search: [Google]
1458544896174.png
90 KB, 312x238
>>334815889
It added a "challenge," which I recall being more annoying than anything else.

>tfw finally killing the convicts then running into them the next day

I was so goddam pissed and flabbergasted I kind of just stole there in awe of the game's bullshit. After all these years, though, I find their respawn situation hilarious.
>>
>>334812453

>as a child
>>
I used to run around with the lego head on pretending I was Frank Sidebottom. It was wonderful.

10/10
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.