[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terraria is 2D Minecraft Starbound is space Terraria No Man's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Terraria is 2D Minecraft
Starbound is space Terraria
No Man's Sky is 3D Starbound

Are we about to go full circle? What will be the fantasy No Man's Sky?
>>
I want it to be a lot like subnautica.
With similar building, crafting and exploration mechanics. Only a LOT more fleshed out.
Ground, Air, Sea & Space combat must all be engaging. Very large amount of options for building. Massive amount of flaura/fauna to discover/hunt/document.
Upgrades and customisation must also have a big presence or shit will just get bland
>>
>you and a band of your niggas have to brave the new frontier to find suitable land for your king

I'd play it
>>
>>334804709
>they get progressively worse with each iteration
Why do they even bother.
>>
>>334805069
It probably has all this and more

I wonder if there'll be traps/sentries that you can set up around your bases to keep other players out
>>
So, uh, what do you do in this game

If the game is about exploring, what are some things you can find?
>>
>>334806078
>>334805069
The game is not multiplayer (not in the traditional sense anyway) and not about setting up on one planet and staying there (ie. no building bases).

>>334806250
They're doing another IGN First this month. They talk about it in those videos.
>>
>Hit the one in a million chance of bumping into another player
What would you do?
>>
>>334805330
>slightly, slightly, slightly new frontier*
>>
>>334806298
So it wont be a good game to play with my buddy?
>>
>>334806514
No. It's essentially a single player game.
>>
>>334806315
Murder. I will not chance that they beat me to the center.
>>
>>334805069
>>334806078
You can not build structures in No Man's Sky. At all.

There is ground combat where you shoot stuff with your gun and space combat where you shoot stuff with your space ship. There is no air or water combat.

The only crafting mechanics in the game are upgrading your ship and your equipment.

The main point of the game is to travel from one planet to another documenting species and discovering shit. Killing animals on planets (even the ones that are attacking you) will make the space cops immediately descend upon you and keep coming at increasing numbers until you die or leave the planet, you can not beat the space cops.

All structures, flora and fauna are generated using randomizing algorithms, so what you discover is the result of a procedural generation algorithm combining various colours and shapes to create new shit for you to discover.

It will definitely not be at all like Subnautica.
>>
I'm going to find other players convince them to join me

Imagine another player coming cross a band of space pirates
>>
>>334807748
don't get your hopes up. There's a near zero chance of finding other players.
>>
File: 1457930199538.jpg (20 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
1457930199538.jpg
20 KB, 600x369
>>334804709
every gameplay trailer so far has confirmed that the devs have no idea how to code proper newtonian spaceship physics
your ship is on rails, and your mouse movement dictates where the rails point
but then again nobody really needs sophisticated spaceship kinematics in a game centered around flying through deep space 90% of your gameplay time
what an absurd thought
>>
>>334806514
No it won't. The universe is so big and everybody starts off in random areas of the universe that the devs said it's very likely you could have thousands of hours in the game and may never see another player even once.

Running into players is like hitting the jackpot, the game will probably have a few million players on at the same time, but they're all spread out on 18 quintillion planets that are roughly ranging in size from the pluto to mercury, maybe earth.
>>
File: dude.png (28 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
dude.png
28 KB, 285x285
>>334809336
>like hitting the jackpot

nigga you are hundreds of times more likely to win the jackpot before running into another player
>>
>>334804709
that's a shit analogy and you should feel bad
first impression of no man's sky is that it's trash
we'll see
>>
File: 1445203045805.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1445203045805.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>334809336
>the game will probably have a few million players on at the same time
>>
File: 1459142511212.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1459142511212.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>there are people that exist RIGHT NOW, that believe this game won't be disappointing
>>
>>334804709
And only one of those games is good.

NMS is literally Spore 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
who else here is hyped to get comfy and explore
>>
>>334810748
we shat on spore because it was different from what they've advertised it though, they advertised it as an evolution/god/strategy game and instead we got a dumbed down children's game with zero depth.
>>
>>334811056
So what you're saying is that NMS at least doesn't make any promises of being good?
>>
>>334810656
I don't know jack shit about this game other than a mate who works on it and that it looks great and has something to do with space.

I gurantee you, if I buy it, I'll enjoy it.
>>
>>334809336
>>334809336
>>334809336
>>334809458
>>334809458
>>334809458
>>334810470
>>334806298
>>334806298
>>334810470
>>334810470
>>334806514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM
@3:50
you guys are fucking dense.
>>
>>334811241
I'm saying that NMS hasn't really had a massive change in direction from what they've showed us.

Look at the spore demo compared to the finished project. They dumbed down everything, removed a lot of what gained the game interest, and gave it a cartoony artstyle. That's why people hate Spore.

Look at NMS's reveal and promises back in 2013-2014 compared today and it hasn't really strayed away from what it originally promised.

It has nothing to do with a game being good or bad, it has to do that we were lied to with spore. Spore gained hype through lies whereas NMS looks and is shaping up to be what we were told it would be, a space exploration game.
>>
>>334811526
this, no mans sky would be spore if they did a complete overhaul on everything and made it look like a cartoon.
>>
>>334811526
>It has nothing to do with a game being good or bad
Except it is. It's two months till release and I'm still not seeing any interesting GAMEplay. Like at all.

And they ask 60$ for this?
>>
File: v.jpg (40 KB, 649x480) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
40 KB, 649x480
>>334812607
>Except it is
>>
>>334813440
>they are showing boring and samey walking sim time and time again only to surprise us with rich addictive gameplay upon release
You're retarded.
>>
File: straya.jpg (38 KB, 356x373) Image search: [Google]
straya.jpg
38 KB, 356x373
>>334813849
>game centered around exploring and looking at things has you moving around
wooow
>>
>>334813849
>a game that's literally just about exploring planets and sightseeing as you make your way to the center of the universe
>showing footage of people walking around and exploring planets is now a bad thing

They're showing off what they advertised the game as, and even then they've shown footage of combat, mostly in space, but have said that the combat isn't the focus on the game.
>>
>>334814038
>game centered at looking at things
Yeah, that's the ebin gameplay allright. Top kek.
>>
>>334814224
this. no man's sky is an exploration game. they've said if you want tight and engaging combat, this game is not for you. if you want to play online with friends, this game is not for you. if you want to build, this game is not for you. if you want to get engaged into a storyline with quest chains and characters this game is not for you.

it's a game where you just fuck around in the universe.

>>334814469
that's what the game has been advertised as since the beginning you fucking pleb. if you want a space game centered around other shit you can play destiny, star citizen, starbound, space engineers, universe sandbox, space engine, and spore.

no man's sky is an exploration game, and has always tried to be an exploration game. everything else that isn't exploration is just there to reward exploration.
>>
>>334814224
>IT'S NOT ABOUT THE GAME HURRR
>where's good gameplay then?
>THERE'S NONE IT"S A WALKING SIM AFTER ALL
>WHY YOU HATE ON ON THIS SHALLOW GAME /VEE/
Top kek.
So, why are you suprised that people are shitting on it's shallow gameplay?
Besides same things you've said about Spore can be said about NMS also.

>dumbed down everything
>cartoony artstyle
>procedural generation
Here's how it connects to Spore.
>>
>>334814887
Its gameplay is in exploration.

Complaining that No Man's Sky lacks in depth multiplayer or combat is like complaining that there's no schmup sections in Super Mario Bros.

It's not trying to be everything.
>>
>>334814763
>no man's sky is an exploration game. they've said if you want tight and engaging combat, this game is not for you.
I want ANY interesting gameplay. Problem is this game has none.

Even "exploring" (which is actually sightseeing) is done through PRESS X TO EXPLORE.

Low effort affair not worth the asking price or the attention it's getting.
>>
>>334815078
>Problem is this game has none.
Have you played it or looked at any gameplay footage.

It has survival mechanics, a crafting system and a standard shooter combat system, but those are all there to compliment the exploration.
>>
>>334815039
So a fucking walking sim? Great!

If you're saying that "exploration" gameplay is it's main focus then show it to me. I'm not seeing any interesting exploration there either.
>>
File: dog.jpg (52 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
52 KB, 535x462
>>334815219
stop liking things i don't like you fucking retard

if you're hyped for this shit game you should kill yourself. i don't like it and neither should you and i'm going to stay in this thread and convince you not to play this game

>>334815275
this guy is correct
if you are hyped for this game you should kill yourself because i don't like it.
>>
>>334815219
I'm talking about INTERESTING gameplay, dumbass.

All those are so fucking subpar and dumbed down. Even MUH EXPLORATION.
Fucking Spore again had something more than exploration.
>>
File: mindblown.jpg (58 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
mindblown.jpg
58 KB, 720x720
>>334815275
>something being interesting is objective.
>>
>>334804709
Day 1 pirate for me
>>
>>334815525
meant to be a reply to >>334815451
>>
>>334815451
That's because spore was centered around very washed down RTS, though. No Man's Sky isn't meant to be anything more than a game where you just explore planets, find neat ruins and underground caves, fight hostile creatures, collect neat things, and move onto other planets.
>>
>>334815525
>le everything is objective thus you can't criticize things meme
I'm not arguing the fact you like eating shit and I don't care about it.

I'm simply stating that shit is shit.
>>
>>334815773
Again, a glorified walking sim with a PG gimmick.

Why are you so bent out of shape that people are not interested in it?
>>
It'll probably be like Minecraft in the sense that it's incredibly boring to watch, but oddly engaging to play.
>>
>>334816028
>enter game thread
>"game a shit"
>"wow why do people who like game get so bent out of shape about me saying game they like is shit"
>>
>>334816052
>It'll probably be like Minecraft
Not even close.

YOU CAN'T BUILD SHIT

THERE'S NO DIRECT MULTIPLAYER
>>
>>334809336
>goal is to get to the middle
>guys you can't meet up because the game is so big
>but we're going to the same spot
>t-the game is so big!
>>
>>334805069
Its got all this besides base building, because the games focus is to get to the center of the universe, so you will always be on the move.
>>
>>334816151
>i am a whiteknighting fanboy
>i cant' take negative opinions on muh sacred videogamefu on a video game discussion board so i get mad
>i can't debunk criticisms so i get mad
>>
>>334816336
>Its got all this
>BUT AKSHUALLY YOU CAN'T BUILD SHIT
Lol.
>>
File: 3D smug.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
3D smug.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>334816339
Do you expect people to agree with you and circlejerk how bad the game could be? Criticism is allowed to be criticized.
>>
>>334816210
Good, multiplayer is cancer, especially in an atmospheric exploration game
>>
>>334816210
I didn't say it'd be like Minecraft in any other way you silly willy.
>>
>>334816468
>especially in a...
>not Manning your multicrew ship and going out into the great unknown with your buddies

Cancer like you needs to be purged.
>>
>>334816425
Yes, my statement is correct.
It has everything he said besides building structures, you can still craft things for yourself like suit/weapon/ship upgrades, its got exploration mechanics, ground/air/sea/space combat and flaura/fauna to document.

So yeah, it has everything he said besides base building.
>>
>>334816431
>Criticism is allowed to be criticized.
Except you're not attacking my arguments, you're just saying how I'm a meanie and shouldn't say bad things about your game over and over like a broken record.
>>
>>334816629
>Very large amount of options for building.
None of that.

>Ground, Air, Sea & Space combat must all be engaging.
Nothing engaging at all. Maybe you consider Morrowind combat engaing?
>>
>>334816425
>shouldn't say bad things about your game over and over like a broken record.

How? I'm constantly telling you that the game is designed mostly around its exploration and features that compliment the exploration, whereas you're complaining that it should have features that don't fit the game's intended vision.
>>
>>334816876
>Very large amount of options for building.
>None of that.
Yes well that would fall under my no base building point.

>Ground, Air, Sea & Space combat must all be engaging.
>Nothing engaging at all. Maybe you consider Morrowind combat engaing?

We know there are different modes you are able to make for your multitool, normal rounds, charged shots, beam lasers, as well as things that you could use in unconventional ways.
For example say you bit off more then you could chew fighting a large enemy, and your gun isn't doing much damage, why not use your terrain deformer to just bury it in a hole it can't escape. And who knows about what other weapons and tools we don't know of.

We know there is hacking in the game, chances are there are things like auto turrets, how about hacking those so they shoot your enemy and not you.
>>
>>334804709
Starmade is minecraft in space.
You miss that part
>>
>>334809067
You ask too much. And they are asking 60 burgers for it.
They made the game arround the procedual part of it. Thats why looks so empty
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.