[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If only you could upgrade your console without buying an entirely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: PS4_lg.jpg (63 KB, 1024x785) Image search: [Google]
PS4_lg.jpg
63 KB, 1024x785
If only you could upgrade your console without buying an entirely new console.
Just wondering, how long until devs start targeting the "NEO" and shitting in the mouth of people that bought the original?
>>
I'll to too busy with the NX by the time this comes out to even care.

I just bought a PS4 a few months ago, I'm not buying an upgraded version unless it has some must-play exclusives, which I doubt it will.
>>
>>334799684
>how long until devs start targeting the "NEO"

The reports say that Sony won't allow that. Sony dictates that devs must develop for the base PS4 properly, then build off from there for the NEO.

Basically, the base PS4 is still going to get sub 1080p/1080p games at 30fps, dictated by Sony, while the NEO can do 1080p 60fps and upscale to 4k.

>no NEO exclusive games or features
Thank god. Imagine the pitchforks if there were.
>>
File: 1396710448692.jpg (47 KB, 531x425) Image search: [Google]
1396710448692.jpg
47 KB, 531x425
You know, common sense would dictate that console wars and the retarded culture around them is just pointless divide-and-conquer utilized by gaming companies to squeeze more money out of us.
In a gen where 2 out of the 3 consoles work on x86 architecture, "exclusives" are nothing more than a manufacturer holding a game hostage.
>>
>>334799684
I'm getting an NX anyway.
Fuck Sony for holding exclusives hostage tho.
>>
>>334799684
I wpuld buy an upgraded ps4 if it could play PS2 and PS3 games on disc.
>>
>>334799684
>If only you could upgrade your console without buying an entirely new console.

thats called a PC
>>
>>334800030
Sign them petitions.
>>
>>334799947
and how long do you think sony will keep their promise.

how long CAN they keep their promise
>>
>>334800030
there should be only one console right? fuck compeition
>>
>>334800045
That doesn't make any fucking sense, all Nintendo games are exclusive, at least most PS4, xbone and PC games are multiplat
>>
>>334800879
More like there should be lots of consoles, and all games should be multiplats. Because then there will be real competition.
>>
>>334801005
>Catalog
i dont think you've thought this through. lets say theres 15 consoles on the market, 7 are garbage.

8 consoles left. two are impossible to programme for.

6 consoles left. three dont have the R&D money to make a great controller and are passed over

3 consoles left.... you see where im going with this.

it costs BILLIONS to make a console, and BILLIONS more to support its life cycle. How many corporations in the world are capable of that?
>>
>>334800819
They can do it for longer than when the New3DS released exclusive games, that's for sure.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.