[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has finally settled, what was the hardest boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: 1854489_0.jpg (14 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1854489_0.jpg
14 KB, 540x309
pic related for me
>>
Far and away Laurence.
>>
File: maneater.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maneater.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
difficult and boring

bowfags look elsewhere
>>
>dropped BB dlc a few months ago
>still dying to ludwig
fighting him on stairs makes it easy but fuck using easy tactics
>>
>>334797470
laurence is only hard on NG+4 when he can one shot you though

i beat laurence on NG on my first try where OOK took me about 20+ attempts
>>
>>334797529
>killed in after 2 tries first time
now on NG+ . took me 19 tries
>>
Nameless king,
fume knight,
ludwig,
king allant (could permanently steal your fucking soul level)
orphan of Kos
Those fucking ice tigers in dark souls 2 dlc,
>>
>>334797393
Lawrence for me
>>
Probably Bed of Chaos because I've yet to beat it without dying.

That second stretch of platforming to the middle section always just results in me getting either swiped into a pit or hit by a burning offscreen plant-dick, into a pit.

>>334797529
>get dragon fag basher
>destroy them

>>334797546
Roll into attacks and to his side.

>>334797661
You got the souls back once you killed him.
>>
File: BB.jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
BB.jpg
68 KB, 900x900
>>334797778
>Roll into attacks and to his side.
well i dont have many problems i just need some more practice noticing shit he rarely does
like jumping like a maniac and staying on the ceiling
>>
>>334797604
Yeah see, I'm exactly the opposite. I got OoK on my 2nd try (And got him down to about 2/10 of his health on the first try), but I spent an entire afternoon bashing my head against the wall on Laurence.
>>
Can anyone tell me gow to get through Archdragon Peak? I killed ancient wyvern easy but these fucking snake cunts after keep ganging up on me. What the fuck?
>>
>>334797393
Top 5:
1. Orphan
2. Ludwig
3. The Flamefucker (maybe because I didn't know how to play)
4. Manus
5. Fume Knight
>>
Laurence.
He can make the massive cathedral become small because after he loses his legs he actually manages to gain more ground and expand his kill zone.
Loran Darkbeast also punishes you for trying to get breathing space. And Rom the Vacuous Spider if you manage to fight him indoors. Good luck.

I feel that Bloodborne has the hardest bosses in all of souls because the bosses have area control. You can't just dodge out because the bosses try to take away your room. I mean they're not just wailing at you, they directly influence where you dodge and they keep you dancing to their beat. I guess that's superb enemy design.

Going back to my point about room to dodge, when you fight Orphan of Kos, the arena is massive. You can dodge left, right, forward and backward. He can always try to napalm you but you are unlikely to run out of room if you manipulate the boss' positioning enough.
With Laurence though, I feel that there is no foolproof way to dodge. You legit have to use i-frames at times, especially at the second phase. Many of his attacks last longer than the actual dodging animation as well. I can't recall the last time I had to sprint in fear of a boss because sprinting was actually doing more for me than dodging, and in a Souls game too.
>>
>>334797393
>bb bosses
>hard

DS2 and 3 have lot harder bosses.
>>
>>334797393
Ancient dragon

/thread
>>
>>334797393
i couldnt beay OoK alone and even with help took me quite a few tries
>>
>>334797529
>playing soulsborne
>not using magic
>>
Ludwig.
>>
>>334798053
Keep on trying, if you want to get the twinkling dragon stones you'll have to fight a whole fucking army of them.
>>
BLOODBORNE IS NOT A SOULS GAME

DO NOT TALK ABOUT THEM IN THE SAME THREAD

SOULSBORNE IS NOT A THING

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1459674564436.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1459674564436.gif
182 KB, 226x224
I have absolutely no knowledge of bloodborne but what would you say about the boss designs of that game? Would you say it trumps any souls game?
>>
>>334797393
Nameless king is harder
>>
>>334802025
In the DLC? Yes
Design wise in the base game? Personal Preferenceā„¢
Actual boss-fight design in the base game? Not really but one or two are - again - Personal Preferenceā„¢
>>
File: Capra_Demon_.jpg (221 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Capra_Demon_.jpg
221 KB, 1280x720
I was stuck on him for two weeks. Now I feel dumb
>>
>>334802025
Bloodborne's boss fights are way faster given the nature of the game, which in my opinion makes them more intense. The only shit one is the witches which feels like it's straight out of 2.
>>
File: 1416998339738.jpg (24 KB, 409x366) Image search: [Google]
1416998339738.jpg
24 KB, 409x366
>>334798525
Due to shockwaves?
>>
0. All of TOH dlc
1. O&S, Drake & Josh, Badger & Skinny Pete, etc.
2. Martyr Logarius
3. Fume Knight
4. Burnt Ivory King
5. Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos
>>
>>334802170
Tbh Celestial Emissary and Mergo's Wet Nurse are complete jokes.

Granted for Mergo's Wet Nurse I had already gone through the DLC.
>>
>>334798525
>dark souls 3
>strafe right around the enemy to win

>dark souls 2
>strafe right around the enemy and sometimes still get hit due to tracking
>>
Y'all are so wrong. It's The Watchdog of the Old Lords in the defiled chalice, it's not opinion - it's fact.
>>
>>334802406
He's not really that hard at all, he just hits hard. His attacks are slow and incredibly easy to dodge.
>>
>>334797605
>now on NG+ . took me 19 tries
I still kinda miss Demon's Soul's insane difficulty spike in NG+
Beating that was something to be proud of.
>>
>>334802406
This guy gets it, Defiled Watchdog is so much harder than anything else in the series I'm surprised people even argue bosses. I'm not so sure many people ever fight it though.
>>
>>334802406
>dash to his side
>literally never get hit

The only thing you even have to watch for is the dash attack and he telegraphs that shit like crazy.
>>
>>334802476
>>334802406
If you summon Queen Killer you can easily get to 50% before he dies, sometimes more.

Even if you don't all you have to do is strafe around and watch out for charges.
>>
>>334802346
I wouldn't call Mergo's Wet Nurse a shit boss, just too under-aggressive. Especially compared to Gehrman who's right afterwards.

Bloodborne's shit bosses:
>Micolash
>Witches of Hemlock
>Celestial Emissary

Even then none are remotely as bad as Dragon God/Bed of Chaos.
>>
>>334802346
I totally forgot about CE. I think I summoned someone for it because I heard it was a joke fight and they sprinted ahead of me and killed him in 3 hits. I didn't even see the boss.

>>334802406
Undead giant was pretty weird because he's so fucking slow but also the first boss that could actually one hit you. Fuck everything about chalice dungeons though.
>>
>>334802552
To be fair sometimes he just does instacharge without any telegraph. Died once or twice because I was next to him when he did.
>>
>>334802658
I just think they forgot to crank up the HP on CE, really. In chalice he can be pretty lethal.

Also
>That one room with missile spamming celestial beings, werewolves and brainsucker
>>
>>334802658
Undead Giant is an asshole because he'll just randomly combo attacks into each other - smash, slice, that fucking piroutte that will 1-shot you if you haven't got 50 vit with the two health runes (which you should) - smash again.

There's no real pattern to it.
>>
>>334802607
You weren't able to summon phantoms back when I played through the Defiled, and besides, if you you fought every boss in the series alone, it would still be the hardest by far. I've killed everything in the series, but the only boss whose moveset I truly had to understand and master completely was the Watchdog. There have been a few that got close though.
>>
>>334802813
>(Which you should)
>Not using 3 moon runes all the time.
Why?
>>
>>334802809
Any time that open grassy area came up in a chalice dungeon it was just a clusterfuck of frame drops and range spam.

>that rolling naked guy who's attacks are more offensive than most bosses

jesus fucking christ.
>>
Hardest boss in all the games is definitely HMPH HMPH, the version where he dual wields sickles in phase 2.

I have had so many deaths trying to get the parry times right in the half hp dungeon.
>>
>>334802947
Because you'll get one-shot by greasy asshole giants.
>>
>>334797393
>soulsborne

kill yourself
>>
>>334802930
Like I said, you can strafe around at distance and never get hit provided you dodge his charge.

Of course if you use very short range weapons it's a nightmare but with decent range you can just bait out his 5 bite attack then hit once or twice and back off.

Or if you're feeling lucky the 4 lunges that he does (but never trying to go for a hit unless the 4th long lunge happens)

Spewing lava is literally free hits on his head too.

>>334803045
You can actually prevent him from ever going to that phase provided you have fast enough weapon.
>>
>>334803054
Don't get hit. I don't even remember this undead giant, so he couldn't have been that hard. Maybe I was just so leveled in everything else due to all my echos that I didn't notice.
>>
Ludwig pushed my shit in solo.

Maneater too, back when i was new to the series.
>>
>>334797393

>soulsborne

Fuck off Vaati you closet faggot.
>>
File: 1459374376682.jpg (39 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1459374376682.jpg
39 KB, 479x492
Ebrietas. I still can't dodge her charge reliably. Really frustrating fight on my first run.

Defiled Amygdala was also a fucking nightmare. I thought Defiled Watchdog was bad but holy fuck Amygdala is just a shitshow.
>>
>>334803147
Yes I know what you're saying, and that's how I beat the boss, but that's really why I believe the boss is the hardest in the series. Because you actually have to strategize and execute that strategy to defeat it. I've killed every boss in the series by winging it really, just dealing with the situation as it arises, occasionally influencing their positioning, but nothing on the scale of Defiled Watchdog, where you need to know what you're doing against every thing it does.
>>
>>334797529
>Walk right next to sconce.
>Suddenly invincible to everything and only one attacks at a time.
>>
>>334803337
>Defiled Amygdala was also a fucking nightmare

>Go behind it
>Stand next to the tail and one of the legs
>chip away while dodging stomps
>if it jumps, sit still and once Amygdala lands just go back to the same spot
>Repeat until Amygdala dies
>>
>>334803810
I tried that method but it's fucking boring. I don't want to cheese any fights
>>
>>334797778
Only if you beat him on that run.
>he takes my souls and kills me.
>lode them permanently.
>>
>>334802658
UG is slow, but that retarded insta-gib 360 spin of his fucked me up every time.

>He does the lead-up to it
>"Oh shit, better dodge away from him"
>Dodge 3 times
>Still within its range
>>
>>334803095
>>334803239
Why are autists so butthurt about that term?
>>
>>334798525
>3
>harder bosses than bb

I thought that they were about the same in boss difficulty, just be aggressive and roll through attacks and you're fine
>>
>>334797778
I barely count Bed of Chaos as a boss fight. It's a shitty out-of-place obstacle course.

Also on my last playthrough I beat it first try, although that's including save/quitting after destroying each node. Just need to remember the pattern for jumping to the root and then be extra careful the left arm doesn't sweep you off when it draws back from the swing attack.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.