[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this objectively the worst boss of the entire series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: bed-of-chaos-large.jpg (132 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
bed-of-chaos-large.jpg
132 KB, 600x338
Is this objectively the worst boss of the entire series?
>>
>>334794059
Not even fucking close. There's a bunch of bosses who are shittier than BoC scattered throughout the DaS games.
>>
File: faggot.png (922 KB, 555x575) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
922 KB, 555x575
>>334794059
>>
>>334794474
>>334794059
No this factually the worst boss ever to exist. It's so fucking horrible that even Miyazaki said it was shit.
>>
File: capra-demon-large[1].jpg (87 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
capra-demon-large[1].jpg
87 KB, 600x338
This design is pretty shit
>>
>>334794059
After beating DaS 3, I'd have to give that to Dragonslayer.

>impenetrable shield up most of the fight
>very few openings
>most non-shield attacks are one hit kills unless you are fat and geared to fuck
>easy to dodge, but opening to hit is so tiny that you can only follow up half the time
>second half of the fight is the same, but with harder hits, fewer openings, and a ton of annoying fucking random attacks from dragons you can't kill
Everything I hate in a boss at once. All he needs is Mergo's Wet Nurse tier health added in to be the worst possible boss.
>>
Yeah, it's pretty fucked. The timing on the last jump is extremely off due to the witch's sweeping moves hardly giving you enough time to roll onto the last root.
The floors suddenly breaking without any warning was a shitchute and the witch would sweep you into it.

It was the most anti-fun experience in the entirety of DaS.
But every game has their boss like that.

King Allant could combo rush you dead and then level you down.
FaceFucker and Dragon God were also shit.

DaS2 has a shit load of shitty ass bosses.
>>
>>334794059
the two cats fight from DaS2 was the worst by far because of how lazy and cheap it was.
>>
>>334794837
>King Allant could combo rush you dead and then level you down.
Nah, King Allant was a a blast, man. It's what a lot of the DaS3 bosses wish they could be.
>>
File: dark_souls_3_crystal_sage.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_crystal_sage.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>334794059
well for dark souls 3 it's pic related
>no challenge at all
>no originality\personality\backstory
>literally kill in 1st try and forget.
>>
File: 1459860772774.jpg (332 KB, 1280x1527) Image search: [Google]
1459860772774.jpg
332 KB, 1280x1527
Aside from Penetrator, DeS has the worst bosses of the entire series proportionally.

The Tutorial boss is easy to defeat, but also too easy to fail because most NG builds couldn't take one shot before dying. It was a gimmick that doesn't really reward the player or teach the player to put what they just learned in practice, because one fuck up = fail and you can't retry it.

Phalanx is literally just a mob rush boss that again doesn't put the mechanics into practice.

Iron Knight was cool, but too easy to deal with once you see he's slow as shit.

Iron Spider is boring.

Flamelurker is too fast and doesn't give the player time to move out of the way.

Dragon God is just gimmicky bullshit.

etc.
>>
>>334795357
I'd have to agree, it's an achievement in itself to be worse than a boss that you don't even fight and just fucking one shot.
>>
>>334795357

Took me more tries than Pointiff or Nameless King. About 3 for both of them and like 5-7 for Crystal Sage. Once Crystal Sage is like one combo away from dying it feels like a pure lottery, either the gorillion crystal spears anally annihilate you on the spot or you get to hit first.
>>
>>334795357
Also the only boss to show up as an enemy later in the game.
>>
>>334794474
Name one
>>
>>334794785
the worst part of that fight was the arena
>>
>>334795357
Yeah I agree anon, that's the Pinwheel of DS3 right there.
>>
>>334794785
>dragonslayer

are you sure you're talking about the right boss?
>>
>>334795357
crystal sages was actually more challenging than fucking aldrich because he casted spells that could hit you sometimes
aldrich is literally whack a mole and then rollspam to get out of his shitty arrow rain
>>
>>334795652
Tbh I can't imagine this. Okay, pontiff wasn't hard for me, few tries.
But Nameless King harded than Sage? Holy fuck, this guy killed my about 20 times untill I dodged almost every single attack and wrecked him.
And If I remember coreeclty Sage took me a 1 Estus. No jokes
>>
>>334795861
Ornstein knockoff.
>>
>>334795652
>>334795876
*Can't imagine Sage harder than King. Fucking phone
>>
>>334795945
yeah. he was easy. i don't understand the complains at all.
>>
>>334795940

Nameless King is a fair fight with high damage but also very dodgeable attacks. Crystal Sage just oneshots you with no opportunity to dodge if you're unlucky. Several spears coming at you with different timings and angles.
>>
>>334796103
Did you read the complaints, or just assume "worst" meant "hardest"?
>>
>>334794785
literally the only way to win is to stay at long range and bait his shield charge that slams into the ground, leaves him open for a good several seconds.
>>
>>334796140
probably depends on your build, I never had trouble with the sage, he staggers in one hit
>>
>>334796140
Crystal Sage is probably the easiest boss in the game if you bring some throwing knives.
>>
>didn't find Cathedral of the Deep until after I killed fucking Dragonslayer Armor
>fight Crystal Sage
>3-shot him

wow
hard boss
>>
>>334796140

Kill the copies quickly, those are really the only dangerous part of the fight.
>>
>>334796503
How? You can't get to Irithyll without killing the Deacons? Did you kill Emma to trigger the Dancer fight early?
>>
>>334794059
Worst boss in the series is hands down the Leechmonger.
>>
>>334796976
I one shotted him with firestorm.
>>
>>334795357
>>no originality\personality\backstory
>>literally kill in 1st try and forget.
DS3 suffers a lot from this. A lot of bosses feel just kinda nothing or are just hey they a third cousin of a character you do like. Being so easy means you don't spend much time around them and don't really learn their quirks
>>
>>334796910
did exactly that due to all the player messages and seeing all the player ghosts and bloodstains in there.

I killed the optional monster on the bridge to Irithyll and didn't have the doll so I just went through Lothric Castle until I hit the locked Archives door.
>>
>>334797162
>Being so easy

thank god every boss in the second half of the game one-shots you even at 1000 HP then
you'll get really intimate with the bastards.
>>
>>334797165
Ahh ok. I didn't think someone would actually end up doing that on their first playthrough lol.
>>
>>334797428
every time I play a Souls the first time this shit happens.

in Dark Souls I didn't find the door you use the key from Gargoyles on, so I just farmed up 20,000 souls to go into the forest because I thought that was what you're supposed to do.

killed Sif as my third boss and ended up being level 43 in Blighttown.

and in Bloodborne I killed Vicar Amelia as my third boss, then Shadows of Yarnham immediately after, then Rom as my fifth, killing every NPC.

needless to say I hated Bloodborne on my first run.
>>
>>334794785
>>334796306
Wow, did people really find the Dragonslayer Armour that difficult? Maybe I just got lucky with his attacks but he seemed fairly easy.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.