[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
inFAMOUS Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: infamoussecondson.jpg (444 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
infamoussecondson.jpg
444 KB, 2560x1440
So I finished Second Son a couple of days ago.
Do you expect another game from the series? Do you think they will bring Cole back?
Why the fuck is Second Son so disappointing?
>>
>>334792364
iv been wondering, what is the relationship between

crackdown, prototype and infamous

are they reskins of the same engine? is it just the same designer? did they just ripp each other off?
>>
File: 1453525852653.gif (366 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453525852653.gif
366 KB, 500x375
Sorry I'm late
>>
Also

Video > Neon > Electricity> Fire > Ice > Smoke >>>>>>>> Concrete
>>
>>334792364
I dropped second son after i liberated a few sections of the town.
All my fights were just me pacifying everything in under 5 minutes.
Did i mess up by going paragon?
>>
>>334792838
Nah, it's okay. I was surprised myself when I noticed I 100%'d Seattle after two days. Is the shortest game of the entire series.
Well, if we don't count Festival of Blood.
>>
>>334792602
>Build up concrete as the best power
>finally get it
>none of the abilities are fun and/or other powers do that ability better
>can only get/recharge concrete from specific goons
They really dropped the ball on it Also pissed that I can't swap L1 and R1 with L2 and R2
>>
>>334792364
FUCK THAT GODDAMN PAPERTRAILS SIDEQUEST
It was for fucking free and I still felt cheated
>>
>>334792485
Hey, Prototype was ripping off Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
>>
Second Son was trash. Felt like nothing more than a tech demo

>look at these particle effetcs
>this.... is the power.... of the PS4

Delsin was shit tier too, and no choice in the story whether it it good or evil ever significantly effects the story. All it ever comes down to is the path you choose on the final mission.
>>
>>334792364
I don't think second son was finished. It felt so empty and the end of the story felt kind of rushed.
>>
>>334793156
What really pissed me off too was how every power was the same. They didn't have exclusive things from one another. They were the same powers and aside from the Circle button action to transport yourself they didn't had very memorable powers. Except neon and video, those were good.
>>334793268
>Tease powers like paper or glass in the audio quests, which were fucking disappointing compared to 1 and 2s'
>Get a fucking paper-powered to tease paper powers
>In the end you don't even get paper powers, just a Donnie Darko-like mask
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>334793724
I want glass, so goddamn bad. Words cannot describe how much I would've loved fucking GLASS powers, I don't care if I have to evil, I want that fucking power
And also, I was really
REALLY
hoping to RoD up the joint. I felt so cheated.
>>
>>334792485
those games are very different, prototype and infamous just happened to come out in the same time. Infamous was better in terms of graphics but I think prototype was way more fun
>>
The speshul snowflake absorbing power thing was shit.

They should've just focused on developing the depth of Smoke. In the end, all 4 powers felt shallow as fuck.
>>
Cole isn't coming back.

It's sad.
>>
>>334792364
>Why the fuck is Second Son so disappointing?
Too short. Shit side missions compared to 1 and 2. No mission editor.
>>
>>334792364
From the thumb, I thought it was Alex Mercer and was about to click. Well, I did click in the end.

I liked Second Son, but the mechanics that make Infamous what it is ruined this game.
It didn't need two endings, and the "Evil" one is terrible.
I liked the comment you get when you Plat it.

The Paper missions were fantastic, really made my head scratch more than once. Too bad you don't get paper powers.
>>
Reminder that iF1 was easily the best of the series.

Best city. Best story. Best characters. Best controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6IzgMZlQZI
>>
You know... for a game called Second Son, the fact that it never ONCE references the First Sons organization is a fucking crime.
>>
File: I want to believe.jpg (91 KB, 588x627) Image search: [Google]
I want to believe.jpg
91 KB, 588x627
>>334793509
>>334793705
I felt like they just wanted to make a game set in Seattle because they live there and put a smug/edgy character to test powers and particle effects. Fuck, they wanted to do that since the first days of inFAMOUS 2. Remember Cole looking like Nathan Drake?
In the end they go too caught up creating the city and all the details and testing the new graphics and particle effects that they ended up with no story. That would explain why it is so... disappointing after 1 and 2. I definitely hope they take their time writing something better for the next one, if there is one. Hell, they don't even reference almost nothing from the previous games.
>>334793878
B-But... the lightning bolt at the end of 2...
>>
File: 1430290717660.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1430290717660.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
To be honest, hopefully not
inFamous 1 and 2 were among my favourite console games last gen, yet SS managed to become one of my most hated games of all time
>>
File: New Marais.jpg (548 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
New Marais.jpg
548 KB, 1500x844
I really hope if Sucker Punch make another one, they creat another fictional city from scratch. Seattle is okay but very small and empty. And kind of lifeless compared to Empire City and New Marais.
New Marais was GOAT.
>>
Second Son was garbage.

inFamous as a whole is pretty bland over all.

I like it, but at the same time a lot of it is just really boring. Climbing is slow, world traversal is slow and boring unless you're using the train tracks which are only around the outside of the city. The gameplay is basically a third person shooter.

Second Son is more offensive, because the story is really fucking stupid, the characters suck a big limp dick, and its predictable as shit. The "evil" ending route is a fucking joke, and it never feels like Delsin is ever really evil, just some fucking hipster faggot. The whole black and white good and evil is so blatant and shoved in your face. The choices are like, "kill these kids" or "save the kids" levels of choice.

I guess the morality system doesn't do it for me because if you're doing a hero run you choose all the good ones, and if you're evil doing the opposite, so there really isn't a "choice".

The power sets weren't fun to use in Second Son either, and it was a pain in the ass if you wanted to switch. Neon was awesome for traversal, but sucked for everything else except sniping, and you never really ever feel powerful.
>>
File: 1460341499339.png (152 KB, 300x319) Image search: [Google]
1460341499339.png
152 KB, 300x319
>Cole's Legacy missions
>You don't even get to meet Zeke at the end
>Cole's jacket is not the same
>Cole is confirmed dead Or is he?
>>
Cole died a Hero and shouldn't come back.
Second Son shouldn't have even been in the same canon.
>>
>>334793469
It was made by the same team.
>>
>>334792602
>Ice that low
Those are fighting words. Ice alone is better than every other power in the series based on how satisfying the ice launch is.

Also Fetch Neon>Delsin Video
>>
>>334796830
Well, I haven't played 2 since it came out so I don't remember too much about ice. I remember it being pretty good but I really should play 2 again.
>>
>>334792364
2 > 1 >>> Second Son
>>
Got the Platinum in 2, SS and FL.
Just wanted you to know.
Anyways they are all good games, but 2 is the best.
>>
>>334798654
Give 1 a try, it's pretty good, although is the hardest Platinum in the series hands down. But you can do it if you are patient and give it a try.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.