[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best RPG's/JPRG's for the DS and the 3DS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
What are the best RPG's/JPRG's for the DS and the 3DS?

>Pic related but never have played it before, it just came as a suggestion when I googled it

Want /c/'s advice on the matter though.
>>
EO is a dungeon crawler

still pretty good though
>>
EOIV and EO2U are great, but EOU is okay at best.

I've been playing Bravely Second and it's great. My only issue is the sidequests all recycle dungeons from Default, but if you haven't played that it should be no problem.
>>
>/c/
:3
>>
Strange Journey
>>
>>334789086
>Bravely Second
Trying to get that one used.
Liked BD enough despite the stuff they did after chapter 4.
>>
>>334788784
Chrono Trigger. And yeah, EOIV.
>>
File: (「・ω・)「.png (128 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
(「・ω・)「.png
128 KB, 300x300
>>334788784
>/c/
Well okay but I don't know what good that'll do you
>>
>>334788784
Like EO style games? Play SMT: Strange Journey, Lancarse worked on it too and it's really polished.

It's balls hard, though, even compared to EO games. Early game is rough until you build a decent team, then it's not so bad for a while, but once you get to Sector Eridanus the difficulty spikes and the pain train never stops all the way to the end.
>>
SMT4 is the largest and best. It could be a home console game for all its content. All the other SMT games are worth playing too, Strange Journey in particular and Devil Survivor if you aren't into dungeon crawling.

Radiant Historia is also great for the same reason as SMT4 above.

As for EO, it depends. The earlier DS ones are just a fucking chore to play. If you're going to play the remakes start with 1 because 2 is such an improvement that it makes 1 seem shitty by comparison. EO4 is also really good.

Honourable mentions: Knights in the Knightmare (amazing if you can get used to its insane gameplay) and Infinite Space (if you've ever watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes or any sci-fi space opera anime, you might like it).
>>
Bravely Default is good but when you get to the end you really should just accept a bad ending instead of trying to get the good one because the game seriously fucks with you otherwise.
>>
>>334793084
>Largest

It had 6 dungeons that all span 3 floors each, and most of them are empty until the endgame.

The largest Etrian Odyssey is probably Etrian Odyssey Untold 1, where almost all of the floors are completely full. Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 was fine, but so many of the floors, like 23 for example, were wide open spaces filled with nothing

Biggest, Etrian Odyssey Untold 1.
Best Modern, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2.
Best total, Etrian Odyssey 3 is still the best.

Strange Journey was okay. Had a very weird difficulty curve, where it goes from hard, to normal, to easy, to normal, to hard, to FUCKING MEM ALEPH.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.