[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain how the fuck is Anor Londo in DS3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: images-5.jpg (18 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
18 KB, 512x288
Is Lothric just a newer version of lordran or something like that?
>>
>>334786593
The world is collapsing. It's all being pulled together.
>>
>>334786593
'Yes, indeed. It is called Lothric, the transitory lands where the Lords of Cinder converge.' The rest of Anor Londo might have sunk away or faded.

I have my own question.
Wasn't it mentioned in the opening that the Lords of Cinder awoke to relink the flame?So why are YOU the one linking the flame in the end? Or was that just a ruse to get you to kill them and absorb their souls so that you would be the eventual linker of the fire?
>>
>>334786879
Because they were lazy fucks who couldn't be assed to do what needs to be done.
>>
>>334786879
>First Flame revives the lords of cinder to rekindle the fire.
>Lords fuck off
>First flame starts reviving the unkindled to drag their asses back to the flame

The first flame is self aware and in total preservation mode. There's also probably something with the rising of the abyss, and the fall of firelink
>>
>>334786879
>>334786593
Pay attention to the geography as you play. Both Lothric Castle and High Wall are MIILES away from Anor Lando which is located in that snow city whose name esacpes me
>>
>>334787127

>tfw the flame is close to going out
>tfw The age of Dragons is coming back

The Eclipse is also an interesting feature I'd like explained
>>
I assume time and space has been fucked over at this point in time. That is why kingdoms of different periods are all in the same place. That is why you find 3 different versions of firelink etc.
>>
File: asdwar234r33.jpg (30 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
asdwar234r33.jpg
30 KB, 600x342
>>334786593
Is there any lore summary anywhere for that matter?
I've completed around 70% of DS1, finished DS2 and currently playing through DS3.
I have no fucking idea what's going on, I just run around killing stuff because I can.
I've heard that lore is sold through item descriptions and whatnot. But I seriously can't make anything out of this shit.
What the hell is it going on with this world?
Am I still undead in DS3? Who the fuck is Ashen One?
>>
If everyone in the world is undead and constantly comes back to life, why do NPCs get pissy when you kill other NPCs? They are just going to return.
>>
>>334787169
Irithyll

But as for OP's question I assumed it was because Anor Londo (or that particular part of), was so important due to O+S, Gwyndolin, Gwynevere etc. so it was kept as a holy place and people kept it going.
>>
>>334787347
>If everyone in the world is undead
They aren't.
>>
>>334787314
Basically in DS1, you were an undead led to slay the four lords, so you'd be able to rekindle the first flame aka the flame of life and such

Here in DS3, the lords of cinder (other cool cats who rekindled the flame) are mia, and the flame is going out. the flame is pissed and revives undead as unkindled to bring the lords to help revive the flame.
>>
>>334787314
>Not sure if bait or just stupid.
>>
>>334787314
Agreed. Any lore buff who can give us a run down of the DS story? I think its the afterlife.
>>
>>334786879
Most of the lords had gone hollow, as seen by their glowing red eyes. Except Lothric that didn't want to do it, and Ludleth that was ready to do it from the start
>>
>>334787471
dark souls fans were a mistake.
>>
So who did Aldrich consume other than Priscilla and Gwyndolin? Did he he comesume Nito too?
>>
>>334786593
Is Anor Londo in DS3 real or a replica made by someone else? Or are we just Giants now? The room you fight Aldrich in is the same room you fight Ornstien and Smough but its so much smaller.
>>
>>334787127
Yes but what was the point of killing them though
You drag their skulls back to Firelink Shrine, where they somehow allow you to teleport to the Kiln of the First Flame. Here's what I don't understand - shouldn't the flame be linked by them if you bring their remains back?

Do the lords' remains somehow imbue you with the power to link the fire? If so, the world is still fucked because you are a 'nameless accursed undead unfit even to be cinder', explicitly saying that it's impossible for you to link the fire.
>>
>>334787418
I think they clearly stress the fact that Lordric is built on top of Lorderon. The first boss literally takes place in front of Nitos coffin, and we see the influences of the other lords very prominently (seathe in the king, the demon ruins)
>>
>>334786593
Souls lore is fucked dude, you should only the first game
>>
>>334787793
The skull view you as worthy to rekindle the flame, and they do imbue you with some kind of power. Remember the cut scene? they all send a red glow from their eyes into you.

Also, Ludleth tells you its fine to bring their remains to the thrones. I guess you just wanted their powers, kinda akin to the lord souls or something.
>>
File: 1449710349174.png (8 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1449710349174.png
8 KB, 570x533
>>334786593

look
its mediocre shit

thats all you need to know

the gameplay is pathetic and boring
>>
>>334786593
To put it simply as to why Anor Londo is in the game.

Shits fucked.
>>
>>334787253
Age of dragon is never coming back. Age of dragons is predated the age of fire.
>>
I am so sad that they completely ignored the new ending that came with scholar of the first sin.

Sounded like it would lead to something new, but nope. Just more of the same.
>>
>>334788127
>this is what pygmies actually believe
>>
>>334787957
Makes sense.

I'm doubtful that you ever link the flame properly though. In the link ending you sort of just start fizzling gently and sit down calmy on the ash as the camera pans away toward the eclipse. Compare this to DS1's linking where the entire kiln BTFOs and you are are stuck in a powerful, grasping pose as the entire kiln rages in a powerful inferno. It seems as if From is hinting that the link ending was pointless and the world is destined to go to shit.
>>
is the ashen one the same guy from the first one?
>>
>>334786593
Is deprived a legit class in DS3 like it was in DeS or is it just a meme class like it was in DaS?
>>
The story is so convoluted.

It's basically just THE FIRE NEEDS TO BE LIT OR ELSE SHIT IS GONNA BE DARK AND ONLY THE ZOMBIE HERO CAN DO IT!

That's all the story that you need to know in the Souls series.

When it comes to Demon's Souls however. I don't remember exactly WHY you needed to conquer the various archstone locations. All that needed to be done is to defeat the corrupted Allant and have the Maiden In Black drive the Old One back to his slumber.
>>
>>334788306
No.

This takes place after Dark Souls 1. Theres a theory Aldrich, Devourer of gods is the Player character from DS1
>>
>>334786593
>Can someone explain how the fuck is Anor Londo in DS3?
nostalgia pandering... why else?
>>
>>334788294
Pretty sure its the end of the series. I think that was the point.
>>
>>334788294
The link ending seems like the bad end. It's the default one to get if you miss out on hidden areas and NPC quest lines.
>>
>>334788259
First flame brought about fire and with fire came darkness. The absence of fire is darkness. Age of fire and darkness are dualities. There is no more place for age of dragons.
>>
File: 1457601316227.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457601316227.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>334787314
>>334787561
Primeval human-like beings lives in dark ass world of nothingness until they discovers a flame beneath the earth that bequeaths them power in the form of Souls. Primeval beings become more human looking and those that acquired the strongest souls from the flame lead humanity against the creatures that ruled over the bleak nothingness. Sick kingdom is founded but sick kingdom begins to fall apart over time because the flame that gave its power away is fading. Those with the strongest souls try and find a way to fix the flame but all of them either fuck it up or just ignore it, Gwyn, who founded the sick Kingdom and supposedly had the strongest soul decided to return his soul to the fire and burn his power to keep his kingdom alive. In DS1 you play as an undead which is drawn to the first flame to gather powerful souls and then self immolate to keep the fire going.

In DaS3 the flame is fading to an all time low and requires great souls to act as tinder, sadly but now the fire has been re-lit numerous times and now no great souls remain. The fire revives heroes of the past to return and together light the flame, sadly none of them want to- either because they learned their lesson the first time or because they believe they are needed elsewhere. Fire begins to revive anyone it can to collect the previous Heroes and bring them back so the fire can be re-lit another time. As the fire reaches an all time low the world begins to fall into itself like a black hole and Kingdoms from different timelines begin to phase into a single reality. Near the very end of the game the fire is basically dead and the world has been turned into nothing but cinder and ash. For the first time ever the first flame has been uncovered from beneath the earth by the world completely falling apart and you fight the charred corpse of a being that represents every being that has lit the first flame.
>>
>>334788410
The Usurper ending seemed pretty sinister. You make everyone your slave
>>
>>334788393
That seems like a pretty awful theory. Any deets?

I figured the final boss was basically DS1 chosen undead, with the whole "vessel of all the lords" they were talking about. Not to mention in the armor descriptions, they kinda nod towards it as well.
>>
>>334787787
You're a big guy
>>
>>334788306
no and there are mutiple ashen ones
>>
>>334787591
Red eyes is abyss corruption. That's why during the first half of the abyss watchers fight, they stop attacking you and go after the one with red eyes
>>
>>334788467
As long as it breaks the cycle I don't mind
>>
>>334788393
looks nothing like the chosen undead
>>
>>334787468
thx anon
>>334787471
When it comes to this stuff, you can consider me stupid. I have enough of irl shit to brain through everyday to not waste brain cycles on trying to understand really vague world.
Although I still enjoy it.
>>334788461
You're a Godsend man, appreciated.
>>
>>334788393
but the Soul of Cinder is partly the CU
>>
>>334788410
Good ending is saved for dlc :^)
>>
>>334788530
Mostly its based on how the DS1 PC devoured souls. Its really dumb

Soul of cinder is just a reanimation of all the people who linked the flame. Its a shell nothing more. It says that in its gear description.
>>
>>334788397
From a story stand point Anor Londo existing makes as much sense as Lothric existing. The game quite literally tells you Lothric wasn't there a few months ago and then BAM instantly it appeared and destroyed everything beneath it. Lothric's magical appearance is why all the pilgrims are, well... pilgrims and is why Anor Londo exists just outside the suburbs of Snowland.
>>
>>334788543
UUUU
>>
>>334788592
The cycle doesn't break. The age of darkness is also called the age of Man. Fitting it seems that you now rule such an age. Like dragons did for stone and gods did for fire. One day however because it is a cycle, the embers will become flames and the cycle continues.
>>
>>334788410
there are no good or bad endings in Dark Souls
>>
>>334788710
I mean, Hawkwood talks about how Aldrich ate actual people first, which CU did not.

Also, sure its the reanimation of the lords of cinder, but what is reanimated? Did their wills become a physical being? or perhaps their wills led the vessel of the first true lord of cinder.

Fuck you Vaati you faggot, just hire me already
>>
what is the roll of the pilgrims in this game?
>>
>>334788639

We know that Aldrich is a Lord of Cinder, and we know that the Lords of Cinder are the ones who rekindled the fire in past ages.

Aldrich has eaten and consumed the gods of the first age. His Soul description states so. And it's also pretty obvious just by looking at him: he is a monstrous fusion of the gods from Dark Souls 1.

He has Izalith's demon body and pyromancy, has has Nito's sword and his disease spell and his drape of darkness and skeletons, he has Gwyndolin's upper torso and darkmoon miracles.

He is called "Saint of the Abyss". And the Chosen Undead fits the title: he's the one who redeemed Artorias, stepped down into the Abyss and destroyed Manus himself.

>>334788671
Everyone who linked the first flame is part of the Soul of Cinder, including Aldrich himself.
>>
>become lord of hollows
>your army gets destroyed in 1 big aoe attack because they're weak as shit

Bravo miyazaki
>>
>>334788932
they're cultists that praise dragons and maybe have connections to the darkwraiths
they don't actually seem to have much of an actual role though
>>
>dragons ruled the world and were immortal (except seath)
>humans and all the other creatures lived in pure darkness below the world of the dragons
>the 4 lords from DaS1 were the 1st to find something called the 1st flame which is basically the origin of all flame/light
>they go super saiyan except the pigmy whose lord soul gains power not from light/flame but from the dark (dark souls :^) )
>seath notices and figures he can help them usurp the dragons so he can focus on becoming immortal himself
>using the dragons weakness reavealed by seath (lighting) the 3 lords (gwyn nito and the pyro bitch genocide them and burn every thing down
>after that its a great time for humanity
>except people don't die they hollow / become undead and lose their sanity/humanity
>the fire starts fading for reasons
>the pyro bitch tries to replicate the 1st flame but instead fucks up and nukes a city and creates demons
>gywn tries to defeat the demons
>loses
>he says fuck it and sacrifices himself in the kiln to prolong the age of fire for longer
>but it wont last forever
>the chosen undead (player in DaS1) is prophisized to gather the souls of the lords to gain enough power to re link the fire and extend the fire once more

Basically the fire needs to be constantly re linked by some really powerful dude all the times (lords of cinder from DaS3) or the world will plunge into the same darkness from before the dragons were genocided.

I think this is what the lore is anyways, who really cares tho the devs don't give a fuck and the series is over now.
>>
>>334788710
It makes literally zero sense that Aldrich is the CU. Aldrich devoured MEN, he didn't just devour souls. If you read some of the descriptions and listen to characters he literally devoured entire humans, he was a cannibal to start with and started becoming a blob which was capable of swallowing gods later. Aldrich simply existed in a world that mirrored the chosen undead's world, he was a chosen undead but he wasn't the player character. It's just like Solaire, Solaire didn't belong in your world, he belonged to a different one but found himself phasing into your world at random as the flame struggled to keep reality together.
>>
>>334788962

you realize he has fire cuz he's a lord of cinder right? they all do. I also don't like the nito theory, considering we know Aldrich ate a shit ton of men before moving onto gods.
>>
So what is the profaned flame?
>>
>>334786593
Literally one of the first lines in the opening.
>>
>>334787992
>>334787992
(you)
>>
File: 1435434830210.png (23 KB, 595x160) Image search: [Google]
1435434830210.png
23 KB, 595x160
>>334789016
>the series is over now.
>>
>>334789012
The pilgrims don't really praise dragons, they're gathering at Lothric because they know its the center of the earth and the location of the first flame, they're not there to see dragons, they're there to see the end of the world and to see possibly see the Lord of Hollows like Yuria. They're not religious and it's really not a cult thing, they turn into those weird wooden butterflies and fly into the eclipse and that's pretty much it
>>
>>334788962
The one crucial fact to destroy this theory.

Aldrich was locked up and forced to link the flame. The player character (in the canon ending now that DS2 is confirmed canon) does it willingly.
>>
>>334789016
>implying age of darkness isn't good for our self insert
Didn't link the flame and usurped the flame. Dark lord ending based ending.
>if we don't get a good explanation for the serpents in the DLC I'm going to be pissed.
>>
>>334786593
What's really gonna bake you noodle is why there are items from drangleic in lordran
>>
>>334789279
they literally prostrate themselves in front of dragon corpses
>>
>>334789272
it's true tho
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/
>>
how does demon souls tie into all this?
>>
>>334789417
it doesn't outside fanservice and callbacks.
>>
>>334789348

>Dark lord ending based ending.

Doesn't matter. Another undead will just come to usurp your ass and link the fire.
>>
>>334789272
They are making a new mech game, then a new soulslike IP after that.
>>
>>334789376
"Wouldn't be right" doesn't mean the game won't get another sequel. It rakes in too much money.
>>
File: 1320644578235.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1320644578235.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1280
>>334786593
Think of things in medieval terms. People believed earth was the beginning and the end, right? What if that was actually true and there was no 'planet' but it was a plane of existence as frail as a fire, and when the fire goes out, everything gets sucked in together into nothingness all over again, like in a black hole.

Everything's being dragged to the centre again.
The Souls universe is really fucked up.
>>
>>334788962
Shit theory senpai. Aldrich can't be the player character from Dark Souls 1, item descriptions and character dialogue even helps to dispute this like other anons are saying. Aldrich literally just existed in a time frame similar to the chosen undead like Solaire and other phantoms in DS1.
>>
>>334789376
there's still the DLC
>>
>>334786593
It's magic ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>334787253
>tfw The age of Dragons is coming back
This seemed to be the case with all those weird nervous system-looking dragons everywhere in Lothric.
>The Eclipse is also an interesting feature I'd like explained
Probably just symbolism for the dark blocking out the fire.
>>
>>334789174
Bed of chaos fucked up type of flame
>>
The biggest complaint I have about this game is how contrived and obtuse npc quest lines are. You can do something completely unrelated to an npc and end up finding them dead for no fucking reason. Dark Souls has suffered this since 1 and I can't understand why they need to be so stupid about it. Is it literally just supposed to be motivation to buy the guides?
>>
>>334789363
Those aren't the pilgrims, the pilgrims are the things with turtle shells chained to their backs like Yoel which are pretty clearly not humans or undead humans.
>>
>>334789450
There's literally no time to usurp the flame, the world is done for completely by the end of DS3 and if you choose to become a living vessel for what little that's left you become the will of the flame itself. The flame wills people to relight it but the people of Londor and Kathe in particular seems to believe that if you become the vessel of the flame that you can create a new Londor in the darkness and subjugate all of the hollows using the fire's innate will to control the undead.
>>
>>334788461
Wouldn't reviveing the heroes weaken the flame even more? Then when returned, the flame will be back to where it started?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
>>334788796
But usurping the fire is not the age of man, the age of man requires the fire to fade and everything to go dark. This doesn't happens when usurping the fire, there is still light which means the fire is alive inside you.

Now why light goes from red to white? Who knows.
>>
>>334787992
Anon I know. But PCucks are still salty as fuck about Bloodborne they refuse to admit it.
>>
>>334787347
They aren't all undead, but an undead's death induces further hollowing.
>>
>>334789363
You mean the "dragon"(they aren't dragons but wyverns) corpse that's right in front of a collapsed bridge that is preventing them from continuing their journey? The real "dragon" worshipers are on the high wall of lotric where they are literally crying in front of the dead "dragons" bodies. Also, anyone else notice the black goo people can take over the body of dead wyverns?
>>
>>334788461
>and you fight the charred corpse of a being that represents every being that has lit the first flame.
Why?
>>
>>334789684
>taking everything literally
Does that mean there is no night time during the age of Fire?
>>
>>334789363
those are the citizens of the Lothric praying in front of the dragon senpai and they're praying in front of the dragon/wyverns because The Kingdom of Lothric became what it was because they subjugated the dragons and became Dragon Riders. Without the Dragon's Lothric is nothing, the people of Lothric need the dragons. The Pilgrims are the turtle shelled fucks who are simply dropping dead around or inside Lothric because the city itself was teleported to the center of the earth.
>>
Many kingdoms have risen and fallen all around Anor Londo. Gwyndolin and the Darkmemes kept it preserved throughout all these years.
>>
>>334788461
>those that acquired the strongest souls from the flame lead humanity against the creatures that ruled over the bleak nothingness
This is wrong, the Furtive Pygmy was the progenitor of the dark soul, which is humanity. I don't really know precisely what the hell Gwyn's knights or the witches of Izalith were, though.
>>
>>334789787
Yes let's pretend the actual ending where you go for the age of man shit doesn't go dark in less than a minute.
>>
>>334787662
He didn't consume priscilla. He merely saw her in a dream. That is why the scythe is a miracle and not the actual scythe.
>>
>>334789734
The same reason you fought Gwyn.
>>
>>334789679
All undead- human, giant, monster, whatever they are, have a piece of one of the great souls in the, the dark soul. It's implied that these lords of ember immediately go out and naturally seek power when they were revived just because that's how their dark soul's work. The Lords were more than likely reanimated in a weakened state but quickly went to work finding power from thousands of undead. Farron's Watchers for sure did this during there mass purges and Aldrich for sure did this by devouring men whole.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 440x248
So why do you need to marry Anri to become a lord and usurp the flame? Why does Anri have to be dead for this to happen?
>>
File: 0r6e8d90.jpg (65 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
0r6e8d90.jpg
65 KB, 700x990
>>334790000
Speaking of Gwyn, that nigga doesn't give up does he.
>>
File: 20160419171734_1.jpg (524 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419171734_1.jpg
524 KB, 1920x1080
>>334789664
>>334789802
boys
>>
>>334787253
age of dark setting in, the flame is trying to get kindled cause of that. the sun would be the first to get in age of dark, makes sense for it to start getting blocked by an eclipse to start the age of dark

thas how i see it at least
>>
>>334788387
>I don't remember exactly WHY you needed to conquer the various archstone locations.
The power of their souls was needed to pass through the barrier to get to Allant.
>>
>>334790070
They laid down and died because they couldn't cross the bridge m8
>>
>>334789734
You fight the charred corpse because it entered the first flame and linked the fire before you, but it never left. It's the body of a warrior and inherits the souls of everything it killed before it, more warriors. The fire can't completely return souls to itself it seems and so the vessel doesn't just become a lifeless body, it retains that which is most basic to it, the will to fight and acquire great souls.
>>
>>334790070
they're trying to walk the bridge and they see it's fucking broken so that's where they lost hope, sat and died
>>
Good god, invasions in Crucifixion Woods are such shit shows.
>knee deep water scattered around
>giant crabs grabbing people
>bunch of trees to juke people with
It's fun
>>
>>334790146
Bro, you do realize that they died there because they could go no further. Are the pilgrims inside of lothric in front of dragons? No, they're facing Lothric castle, the very center of the earth. Lothric literally poofed out if its timeline into this only remaining timeline left and destroyed everything around it, they had no way into the city from that bridge because it was crushed by Lothric itself.
>>
>>334790070
holy fuck you're retarded lmao. they tried to get to lothric but couldn't cross the bridge because that huge ass dragon broke it.
>>
>>334789648
I hate how because i apparently didnt go the "intended route" i missed out on every npc quest line.

One thing ds2 did well. If you missed part of the pate and creighton line, you could always to back and progress it later.
>>
I so assume that when you choose to summon the firekeeper, in the ending she takes care of the flame so that the age of dark will be permanent and nobody can link it.

And in the usurper ending, you take the flame and rule everything.

But what's going on in the ending where you kill the firekeeper (steppin on her head like the black maiden) and then hold up the fire?
>>
>>334790068
No kidding, it was really neat to see him in the Soul of Cinder's moves in the second phase.
>>
>>334790070
I mean, not to bring up the dozens of other pilgrims that aren't near dragons.. but
>>334790260
>>334790174
>>334790146
>>
>>334790146
>>334790174
they are holding their hands together though, but I accpet I may be wrong
there seems to be various dragon worshiping going along at all points throughout the game
>>
>>334790070
Retards this is a fucking WYVERN, not a dragon
>>
>>334790280
The dragon didn't bust the bridge, the city and the area around it busted the bridge. Lothric was pulled into being from another timeline. It seems like the timeline your in is the only one remaining at this point, all the others have gone dark or are simply ceasing to exist because the fire can't sustain them. You're in THE original timeline.
>>
File: 1426639021306.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1426639021306.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>334789460
>They are making a new mech game

What, like a Mechwarrior mech game?

Mehhhhhhhhhhh no thanks
>>
>>334790385
this isn't D&D
>>
>>334790372
Those are Wyverns too feller, they belong to Lothric. The people inside of Lothric might have been religiously praisen them Wyverns because Lothric only rose to greatness through Wyvern riders but this is probably because of how desperate the people of Lothric are. The city is in the middle of a civil war. Lothric and Lorien's dad is off his fucking handle and it seems Lothric was trying to wrest the kingdom from him. Blue Knights seems to belong to Lothric whilst the Red ones belong to Oceiros.
>>
>>334789154

The "Aldrich ate Nito" speculation is so stupid when we fucking KILLED Nito eons before that. Gwyndolin at least has the excuse of being an optional fight.
>>
>>334790534
Mech Souls
>>
>>334786593
Lordran + Drangleic= Lothric
>>
>"link the fire" for the third game in a row

It's the end of the series, shouldn't linking the fire be the *alternate* ending at this point?
>>
Is Londor related in any way to Lordran? I got the gist that Londor is Lordran overtaken by hollows and the Dark.
>>
>>334790640
It's possible there are numerous Neato's, Gwyn's and Lord's in general. No one in the Dark Souls universe can comprehend how the First Flame works but what EVERYONE seems to agree upon is that there are multiple alternate worlds that started the second the first flame was linked by Gwyn.
>>
File: Future Souls.jpg (262 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Future Souls.jpg
262 KB, 1600x900
>>334790534
>>334790680
>>
>>334788987
I can see an army off hollows getting b wrecked by a tutorial boss.
>>
>>334790741
I like it because it's the impossibility of the situation, everything is fucked either way.

You're stuck in that cycle between linking the fires and having this all happen again, or just fucking it over and letting whatever will be be. Funny thing is is that they will always try to link the fire, no matter how futile it is, no matter how shit things get every subsequent relink.
>>
>>334790586
Are you for real?
http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Drake
Drakes/wyverns are a completely different entity from dragons in DaS. Note the lack of forelegs.
>>
>>334790000
But Gwyn was built up from the start to be the endboss, SoC comes out of fucking nowhere.

>>334790171
Basically you're saying that every guy who wanted to rekindle the flame had to fight the amalgamation of the guys who previously rekindled the fire?
Since the LoC rekindled the fire they had to kill him. Why is he still there?
That fucker just came out of nowhere which confuses me.
>>
>>334788987
Your army is all there is since everyone returns to a hollow once the flame completely fades and you control the will of the fire, the thing undead follow uncontrollably.
>>
>>334790680
>>334790825
Hmm, ok maybe. Will we collect disk images that allow us to travel to the motherboard in order to link with the modem and flash the First BIOS?

In that case, I'm in
>>
>>334790847

But it's the end of the series, that's supposed to be the point where you say fuck it and go for broke. Especially in 3 it's obvious that linking the fire has accomplished absolute jack shit for the world.
>>
>>334789890
It was the start of the age of darkness. Doesn't mean it will immediately peak.
>>
File: 20160418001404_1.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160418001404_1.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
your waifu a shit
>>
File: DATA_2016_03_01_07_43_47_467.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DATA_2016_03_01_07_43_47_467.png
1 MB, 1600x900
Where is Irithyl of the Boreal Valley in this picture? Was it constructed much later on around Anor Londo?
>>
>>334788245
Explain how it ignored it.
>>
>>334790859
>Since the LoC rekindled the fire they had to kill him.
There has to be an entity present in order to keep the fire linked with its soul. In Dark Souls 1, it was Gwyn. In Dark Souls 3, it's the Soul of Cinder. You kill the Soul of Cinder in order to take its place as the fire's link (or whatever the fuck you want to do with it).
>>
>People think those dragons were real

What you see is the exterior of a dragon, probably fake or mummified, controlled by dark parasites. It's all a sham. The Dark has cometh.
>>
>>334789648
No, you're supossed to get gud and actually explore faggot.
PCucks, holy fuck.
>>
File: 4L566dac.png (90 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
4L566dac.png
90 KB, 240x240
>>334790847
Well it's the will to survive, contrary what the edgelords here say he have cero evidence of the age of man being good or desirable.

Good thing we found a way out even if is resenting everything at square one.
>>
>>334790852
they drop dragon scales
>>
>>334790995
Note how both times in the game you pass through one of those doors with runes on it (Catacombs to Irithyll, Consumed Kings Garden to Untended Graves), you end up somewhere really weird relative to where you just were.
This is likely due to the mishy mashy timey wimey shit that was explained earlier in the thread.
>>
>>334788387
You need to defeat all the Archdemons to deprive the Old One of his soul sources and to incentivize him to take you on as a new Archdemon, which he tries to do.
>>
>Hollow Lord cucks say it's a good ending where humanity become Kings
>When really it's no different from Dark Lord ending and everyone is hollowed anyways

Kaathe tricked everyone.
Again.
>>
>>334790995

>implying Irithyl isn't just all the slums shit below the actual castle
>>
>>334790995
My impression was that everything around the central structure had crumbled and been rebuilt numerous times over the ages, but the central structure was probably claimed and maintained by a powerful ruler trying to claim that his power descended from the gods of the first age of fire. Irithyll is the new Anor Londo, essentially.
>>
>>334790983
In terms of narrative, it'd be silly to build up such a nihilist world only to turn around at the end and go "and then everyone was happy!!"

Fuck that, I want everything to be fucked, you're completing the last link, this may be the last game, but if we follow DS narrative then this certainly wont be the last linking of the fires. As long as there's anything left to burn, the fire will consume it. I think that's the kind of idea they are going for.
>>
>>334790464
I find this "lothric wasn't there originally and was suddenly dropped where it needed to be" explanation interesting, and it would help a great deal to explain the completely surreal geography of the game

But can you direct me to any item descriptions or character dialogues that back it up? Admittedly I missed a lot of the optional stuff in my first playthrough so I don't know where this is coming from.
>>
>>334791102
Because they're descendants. They're still not dragons and as such their existence doesn't carry the same weight to the world's people as that of the dragon's did.
>>
>>334791073
don't pretend you completed a single NPC questline in DaS3 without a guide
>>
>>334791171

I didn't say it had to be happy, just do something different other than just linking the damn fire yet again.
>>
>>334791126
Dark age is everyone is monsters since the first flame is not there to stop the abyss, usurping the fire reset shit to before the dragons making humans back to their true form.

Being a hollow is better than a monster or suffering the fire fading.
>>
>>334790859
They five LoC more than likely weren't the last to link the flame, but their wills exist inside him because they too helped to link the flame.

If it helps, when you get into his second phase there's a reason beyond pandering that the fight turns into a Gwyn fight, the being that is SoC is threatened and as a hivemind-like-fighting machine decides to turn over total control of its body to its strongest soul(or more than likely that strongest will to fight just forced itself to the surface because of its lust to battle), Gwyn.
This help reinforce the theory that this being is you from DaS1, DaS2, but it's also Yhorm, Aldrich, The Abyss Watchers, every undead who has ever set foot in the kiln.
>>
>>334790847
People naturally fear change and the unknown. It's just part of human nature. The Age of Dark could be better than the world that exists now (if radically different) but humans will continue to link the fire over and over again no matter how awful things are or how much the world falls to pieces. When faced with an unknown fate and squalid but bearable conditions, humanity will choose the evil they know every single time.

It's simple human nature.
>>
>>334789460
And likely a new BB
>>
So what the fuck was Drangleic supposed to be? DaS 2 feels like a complete fucking nonentity in the world.
>>
>>334791073
>Explore
I failed sieqward and anri BECAUSE i explored faggot. I went too far in the wrong direction, and it fucked me over for the quests.
>>
>>334790680
>>334790825
I am completely down for sci-fi souls
For the love of God, don't let it end up like Too Human
>>
File: 1460705389931.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460705389931.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
>killing most popular character

Why do they do this?
>>
>>334791250
That's the whole point of the world though, stuck in that mad perpetual circle never letting the fire fade for fear of what will come next.

If this is the last game, for now at least, i can picture them picking up the next game in years time at the beginning of tje dark age. No point in revealing what that entails at tje end of tjis game when it could be better in a self contained game.
>>
>>334791051
That makes sense, but it doesn't explain what's up with those Lords of Cinder.
They had to kill him, in which case they'd have taken his place. Then they had to be killed by the next guy in order to be able to rise from their graves. Then he had to be killed and after some time the SoC we fight in DaS3 came to be. But he has no abilities of the LoC, only those of Gwyn and the CU.
That sounds like a really shitty theory. What am I missing?
>>
>>334791194
but the world's people sit around and praise them
it's completely possible that the citizenry (especially in their hollowed state) doesn't know the difference and just think they're archdragons
>>
>>334791335
DaS2 literally has no impact on the game, it was just another Kingdom where someone rose to link the flame.
>>
>>334791335
A tale of Kings and knight. Like how the TES games work. In the same universe but of different tales.
>>
>>334790751
My theory was that it was the remnants / descendants of new Londo, if any survived or escaped before the flooding

Hell they were all undead anyway, so who's to say all those waterlogged corpses didn't eventually just get up and dust themselves off after you had drained the water in DaS1
>>
>>334791335

Drangleic was another continent altogether. It's essentially a gaiden game.
>>
File: dancing kaathe.jpg (141 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
dancing kaathe.jpg
141 KB, 600x848
>>334791076
>>334791126
Fuck off shitposters
>>
>>334791396

Because Artorias couldn't be killed twice.
>>
>>334791430
>but the world's people sit around and praise them
Who?
>>
>>334791175
I'll see if I can find the item that describes Lothric's odd location, need some time- I know I read it in game though.
>>
>>334791492
The age of dark is the one the serpents want retard.
>>
>>334791437

I still don't understand how sitting in a god damn chair on the ass end of the world away from the kiln linked the fire, god DaS 2 made no damn sense.
>>
>LOrdran
>DrangleIC

>LOthrIC

do you get it
>>
>>334791252
>Dark age is everyone is monsters
No? As AotA and DaS2 shows, Dark Age is just everyone reverting to their true forms - sprites and humanity.

Hollow Lord just makes it so you aren't forcibly ejected from your body, which strong willed people could already do anyways.
>>
WHO WAS SOUL OF CINDER
>>
>>334791396
Priscilla isn't confirmed dead though
>>
>>334791519
the hollows in Lothric High Wall have chairs set up just to sit there and face the wyverns
>>
>>334791335
It's just a side story that expands on the lore in DaS and gives us a larger glimpse into the world from a different perspective. There are quite a few significant references to it in DaS3.
>>
>>334791529
Thank you.
>>
>>334791605
Mozart
>>
>>334791605

could mozart still be alive?
>>
>>334791606
But your true form is hollows, that's how everyone was when the firs flame first appeared.

The other is your humanity gone rampant and turning you into those shitty sprites.
>>
>>334791570
Vendrick went to Lordran, fucked their shit up, and stole the Kiln or whatever. He then stuffed it into his fucking basement and made a big throne to make Undead more willing to be roasted alive for centuries to fuel the world. "Taking the throne" is really just a euphemism for being roasted alive in a big stone oven. He even built big stone doors to keep them in there so they wouldn't chicken out.

At least that's how I figure it went down.
>>
>>334791707
>But your true form is hollows
Someone didn't play AotA or DaS2.
>>
>Castle located at the top of the highest point of land inside a snow capped mountain range that extends as far as the eye can see in every direction
>Castle isn't covered in snow too

I shouldn't be bothered by this but I am
>>
File: darkstalker-kaathe-large.jpg (35 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
darkstalker-kaathe-large.jpg
35 KB, 600x338
>>334791535
Serpents are bros, they want the best for mankind.
>>
>>334791660
read that, it makes some sense
>>334790624
>>
File: skeptical mickey mouse.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
skeptical mickey mouse.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>334791703
>>334791696
>>
>>334786879
Yeah, you are are the Lord now beacuse the others don't want to sit on their thrones and link it, thats why you kill all of them, and then link it.

Because you need their Lord Souls or whatever.
>>
>>334791751
>DaS2
>Relevant
>>
>>334789802
DEPEEST
>>
>>334786879
>So why are YOU the one linking the flame in the end?
Because you killed them.
>>
>>334791414
>But he has no abilities of the LoC, only those of Gwyn and the CU.
Honestly this is likely to just be because it's cool as shit to fight the embodiment of the player character from DaS and then face off against Gwyn's presence within him one last time.
There's actually code in Dark Souls referencing the data for your character in Demon's Souls, so I think it's reasonable to say they've wanted you to fight "your character" for a while now.
>>
>>334791625
Yfw the game's marketing took the final boss, scaled him down to player size, gave him a generic sword, and then paraded him around in front of the audience like that was the guy you were going to play as and that YHORM was going to be the final boss

What a fucking bait and switch
>>
>>334791780
Are they in 3 anywhere? I still don't get what the deal is with these guys.
>>
>>334791854
None of them have the original Lord Souls. What you're doing is basically gathering a bunch of shitty souls together to try and keep the fire going a bit longer until a REAL hero can gather all the Souls and link it for real.
>>
>>334791707
No, your true form is a gargantuan black amorphous Shoggoth strong enough to tear Gods apart like they're made of paper mache. We never really see the "true" form of humanity but we get to see the puny incomplete versions and they're strong enough to buttfuck anybody. And those are just basic Pygmies. God knows what the fucking Chosen Undead or Unkindled would become if they went Abyss on everybody.
>>
>>334791936
Not him but I would rather be suffering the apocalypse than being mindless humanity beast.
>>
>>334791335
>>334791478
lordran

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Lore

this guy makes some damn good points
>>
File: 1461018900559.jpg (728 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461018900559.jpg
728 KB, 1920x1080
Making this character from a different thread because qt, but does anyone know who she's supposed to be?
>>
>>334791751
But in das2 you are told that humanity is nothing but a lie. Humans turning undead and then hollow when the fire fades, is them returning to their true state.
>>
>>334791916
Kaathe is alluded to by Yuria but otherwise no. Basically they're 2 primordial beings that lead the undead towards the fire or the dark for whatever their reasons may be.
>>
>>334791707
you don't start as a hollow though
>>
>Once upon a time, such things were bequeathed judiciously to each of the rightful lords, until Wolnir brought them to their knees, and ground their crowns to dust. Then the crowns became one, and Wolnir, the one High Lord.

They used the worst boss for lore about the worst game
>>
>>334792012
The thing is we have no fucking idea what actually happens when humans go Dark. The only people we ever see do it are driven insane by an outside power like Manus or they're basic mindless Hollows anyway. Who knows what happens what happens to a fully sane human.

They might turn into Shoggoth but still be sane, if radically changed by the disappearance of light.
>>
>>334792103
Either you didn't play DaS2 or you didn't understand it at all.

Aldia was referencing AotA when talking about humanity's natural state - those sprites of humanity born from the Dark Soul. Basically, it works like this:

>Gwyn harnesses the flame -> Humanity/Dark Soul are given a human body -> Flame fades -> Human Body decays (hollows) -> Human 'dies' and Humanity is released
>>
>>334790534
From made the Armored Core series so heres hoping some more of that shit cause i miss it.
>>
>>334792182
Because the dark sign has lost the component that induces hollowing, that being the sigil.
>>
>>334792263
>AotA
?
>>
>>334792317
>?
???
>>
>>334792078
>http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Lore

Most of that theory is fucked by DaS3, Especially his shit about Ornstein. Ornstein canon fucked off after Gwyn fucked off and sought out the Nameless King in his realm.
>>
>>334792173
>2

Did you even finish DaS?
There's a fuckton of serpents, both Kaathe and Frampt are evil and want the age of dark.
Darkstalkers are inherent fucking cunts
>>
>>334792410
I was just referring to those 2, dickwad.
>Dark Souls
>"evil"
>Frampt
>wants the age of dark
well memed
>>
>>334792224
So Wolnir = DaS 2 Protag?
>>
>introduce darkness possessing snakes since the first boss
>humanity goin wild like with manus?
>nope, the lotrich wyverns also have it
>never give any lore on it
The fuck was that black stuff?
>>
>>334792496
>well memed
>both Kaathe and Frampt appear when you don't rekindle the fire

The serpents are not your friend, you fucking mongoloid retard
>>
>>334787314
The Multiplayer also plays part.

The flame LITERALLY revives MILLIONS of people from the dead [You] to get those niggers back, so the flame doesn't die.
>>
>>334792506
No. DaS2 protag probably fucked off somewhere with his immortality.
>>
>>334791457
That makes sense, I forgot about new londo
>>
why are the souls dark?
>>
>>334792410
there's no evil in Dark Souls
>>
>>334792506
I thought Wolnir was Vendrick
>>
>>334792562
Because Frampt is just the servant of whoever is Lord at the time. He just wants whatever you want, which is why he wanted the fire linked while he was friends with Gwyn.
He's basically the same as DaS3's firekeeper.
>>
>>334791751
>>334792103
Humanity = the Dark Soul.

The Furtive Pygmy, the original human, found the Dark Souls and splintered it into pieces to give birth to a new race. That race eventually became humans and the Dark Soul continued to fragment over and over as more and more humans were born, growing and strengthening. As the flames began to fade the Dark Soul began to grow more and more powerful and the result was humans hollowing and the "curse" of the Undead. When the fire is linked the power of Dark fades and the curse of the Undead wanes until the flame begins to fade again and the Dark Soul's power begins to grow and spill from its hosts.

Undead are not the "true" form of humanity, but rather more like a sprouting plant. They're the infant stage as humanity's true form begins to shed the fabricated coil forced onto it by the light of the first flame. One of the reason Gwyn linked the fire was because he feared what humans would become if the flame faded away, that they would become wild and uncontrollable deities that would conquer the world and destroy everything that the Gods had built.
>>
>>334792562
>The serpents are not your friend
Are you one of those retards that considers the endings as "good" and "bad" because MUH LIGHT IS GOOD AND DARK IS EVIL surface level nonsense?
>>
>>334792667
Vendrick is long dead. Either he's still rotting in his tomb or BotC killed him.
>>
>>334792612
I haven't done yuria of Londor's quest yet but the very fact that I hear she mentions Kaathe, last seen hanging out directly below new Londo, lends credence I think
>>
>>334792660
then what the fuck were we fighting the whole time?
>>
>>334792736
>ne of the reason Gwyn linked the fire was because he feared what humans would become if the flame faded away
Where the fuck is all this head canon coming from?

Is this becoming one of those lore threads where people pass off unsubstantiated theory as fact?
>>
>>334791396
>Gravelord Greatsword at the end of the staff
>>
>>334792736
Ah right. That makes more sense with what Aldia tells us.
>>
>>334792813
to either revive the flame, bring about the dark age or usurp the flame

>>334792851
>no actual gravelord sword ingame
why bother, from.
>>
why are there so many fucking slimes in this game

fuck slimes theyre annoying as shit
>>
>>334792835
No, Kaathe tells you he feared humans and their power in Das 1.
>>
>>334792813
Nigga Miyazaki is explicitly playing with the common conceptions of light = good & dark = bad with the Dark Souls series. How did you not pick up on this after 3 fucking games?
>>
>>334786593
when the linked fires fades, the kingdom will be warped to Gwyns world to protect the world from the abyss. This is what happen to drangelic and any other kingdom that 'dissapear'. The lothric is in verge of dissapearing too, but the prince is still alive and he hold the fires.
>>
>>334789016

The time of dragons is a neutral time. The age of fire is one extreme. The other is the age of darkness, which hasn't been seen.
>>
>>334792835
Kaathe tells you in ds1.

>Lord Gwyn trembled at the dark. Clinging to his age of fire, and in dire fear of humans, and the dark lord who would one day be born among them
>>
>>334792760
Dude nobody gets a happy ending in souls games, either an ending is straight up bad for everyone or maybe if you're lucky you get an ending that is "unclear" or has "room for interpretation"
>>
>>334792760
Because that's inherently what they are
Literally everything was better when the lords were alive and ruling instead of fucking burning endlessly in fire inside some fucking cave while McManus rapes your ass
>>
File: 1422855642948.jpg (407 KB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
1422855642948.jpg
407 KB, 1260x1782
>>334793145
>>
>>334793145
>Literally everything was better when the lords were alive and ruling
For the lords.
>>
>>334786879
4 out of 5 Lords didn't want to do it.
>>
>>334792813
because someone told you to
Dark Souls is nihilistic in the sense that there is no moral good or evil
>>
>>334792173
Isn't there a statue of Kaath in the game? I've definitely fucking seen it. Might not be Kaath, but it is one of those serpents.
>>
>>334793254
>t. Manus
>>
What is an ashen one in the first place? undead who where unworthy of linking the flame?

If we are undead, why do we start in a grave?

Why do Anri die when we kill him/her? he/she is undead as well.
>>
>>334793254
Is there any evidence that humans were treated poorly during the Age of Fire?

I mean of course when people started turning into zombies then shit kinda went off the rails, but it's implied that other Kingdoms like Catarina were still fine. Then there's stuff like Drangleic in DaS2 where Kingdoms like Shulva and Eleum Loyce were doing well with the curse until Vendrick fucked their shit up.
>>
>>334788461
Nah ill tell you the story. Basically the undead manlets represent the japanese people who have to fight against people of the western world, (which all seem to be giants), and the series' themes implies that in the past the western world was glorious, with their popular movies and shit, but they've fucked up, and eventually the soul of movies went on to live in and inspire the manlets, and whilst they cannot hope to achieve equal glory, they express their inspiration by leading and dominating in games and anime, which basically are a poor man's movies. Souls series is basically trying to inspire the japanese producers, or all the manlet producers of the world who feel that hollywood is too big to challenge, the western world too established to conquer, or spread influence, and to remind these shortys that every kingdom falls eventually, and to pull these manlets into the delusion that the western world is in decline and in need of saviours. Its a call to action but at the same time a warning, that even smaller manlets will one day feel the same need to take the current manlets down.
>>
>>334792684
Nah the serpents ultimately want the age of dragons back they just disagree on the way to do it

you know considering how souls lore says they're dragons
>>
>>334793428
I thought Vendrick didn't have anything to do with Eleum Loyce and Brume tower.

Eleum Loyce got fucked by the chaos underneath it.
>>
>>334793510
What? where the fuck does it say anything about them being related to dragons?
>>
>>334793428
There isn't, that's why that guy is retarded.
Gwyn was afraid of humans, yes, but only because of the possibility of someone being born with the dark soul and the age of dark, since Anus McManus is one born from a dark soul fragment and he fucked up Oolacile good.
That's why Gwyn wanted to prolong the age of fire so much, to prevent the entire world from plunging into darkness.
>>
>>334793480
In other words there is no need to be frustrated that you are a manlet and you should just be happy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.