[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scre DS3, let's talk about Kings Field
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
Scre DS3, let's talk about Kings Field
>>
File: kings-field-ii-usa.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kings-field-ii-usa.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
Oh shit. THIS IS THE GAME. I had this as a kid and fucking loved it but forgot the name of it. After googling it and finding this cover art, it all comes rushing back to me. God damn.
>>
KF4 is GOAT, one of the best world designs in all of vidya
>>
>>334784897
It's funny how many parallels there are between DS2 and KF4
>>
>>334784897
Yeah, I'm hard-pressed to think of a game with more rewarding exploration than KF4.
>>
I can't bring myself to play King's Field 2, even though 1 is Spartan compared to it.
>>
>>334784897
KF4 is one of the few games I can call "immersive" in full meaning of the word. It's fucking perfect.

How do you open that one door-wall with all the magic crystals? I collected them all, but nothing happened.
>>
>>334786080
I don't think you can, it just acts as a catalog.
>>
>>334784704
It's a great game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhP3QtwNUd8
>>
the dark souls of PS1 games
>>
I fucking love the way crystal flasks were handled in KF4. Earning your refillable health source is a fantastic mechanic, too bad it's not very important since you're swimming in health items most of the time in these games.
>>
File: 3KingsField05.jpg (21 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
3KingsField05.jpg
21 KB, 380x285
Did these games scare anyone else when they were younger? I have these plants burned into my memory and just the overall aesthetic and atmosphere made me uncomfortable as a kid.
>>
>>334786971
Yes, same with doom and chex quest
>>
>you will never know all the secrets of Shadow Tower: Abyss
>there will never be a dedicated enough fanbase to figure out what you can do with some things

WHY LIVE
>>
File: full_of_fuck.jpg (13 KB, 200x119) Image search: [Google]
full_of_fuck.jpg
13 KB, 200x119
>play KF4 recently
>fucking loving it
>start coming across these statues with removable jewels in them
>take jewels into my inventory, assume I must need to since I can remove them
>hours pass, press further into the Ancient City
>eventually get a wand that lets me teleport
>so I teleport into an area via a green jewel statue
>upon landing there realize I am trapped, can't go back
>the jewels from earlier in the game were other teleportation points and I was supposed to just leave the gems the fuck alone
>trapped in the hardest area of the game so far and health items depleted

Either I missed something or its fucking broken game design. Even by From standards that shit is obtuse. Why wouldn't you take the gems? No clue as to their function is ever once given until you get the teleport wand.

Was fun while it lasted
>>
>>334786971

Absolutely. Scared the fuck out of me. I barely ever made it far and had to start from scratch every time I tried to play it.
>>
>>334786971
They never scared me, apart from like the rare jump scares when a fucking skeleton would pop up out of a chest or some shit.

I really loved the atmosphere of them though, I'd describe it as almost mournful.
>>
>>334787714
I did the same thing on my first playthrough. It's not really all that hard to get back to the hub, though.
>>
>>334787714
I'm fairly sure you can figure out they're teleport beacons from the description. I know I did. You can insert them into whatever statues you want to create custom teleports. Just run from wherever the fuck you are back to safety.
>>
File: 007810.png (50 KB, 421x248) Image search: [Google]
007810.png
50 KB, 421x248
why is it called king's field when youre visiting a dungeon?

why isnt it called king's dungeon instead?

was it already taken?
>>
>>334787714
Isn't that shit in the manual somewhere? Never had it for KF4 but 2 had a nice manual that helped out with some obscure things in the game.
>>
Bump it up fellow cucks
>>
File: 1407756442946.jpg (48 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1407756442946.jpg
48 KB, 422x422
>>334788215
>took 3 games to live up to its name
Bravo B-team
>>
>TFW thinking of developing my own KF like game with low poly models
>>
>>334788925
Just use the King's Field Creator or whatever it's called.
>>
>>334789019
Sword of Moonlight, if he can even find it. It took me a /vr/ thread to find a download for it, and now I lost it.
>>
>>334789019
Meh, I couldn't release it commercially then
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.