[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nameless King
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 29
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
>Phase 1 camera lock is fucking atrocious
>Phase 2 Nameless King is capable of killing you in one hit

Who the fuck designed this and thought it was a good idea? What the fuck are you supposed to do?
>>
>>334776521
i solo'd him. Git gud.
>>
>>334776521
use a longsword and hit him after he attacks
>>
File: 1356617385658.gif (2 MB, 214x193) Image search: [Google]
1356617385658.gif
2 MB, 214x193
>>334776521
only in dark soul the camera also trying to kill you
>>
>>334776885
I am using a longsword but I can't even fucking hit the dragon.
This is probably the first boss since 1 where I'm actually going out of my way to blame the mechanics.
>>
3rd try here. Wasn't so bad.
>>
>>334776521
you stop using camera lock in first phase. After he does attacks he usualle waits second or two and then you hit him couple of times. If you go balls deep and panic roll when he attacks you die.
>>
Finally beat bitch dancer after like 30 tries solo at level 47. I'm getting fucking wrecked by these bosses but Id rather they be really hard for me than too easy
Is there any bosses in the game that are more difficult than dancer?
>>
>>334777040
>>334777061
Me here. I used an estoc +7 infused with sharp stone at dex 27. Mostly staring at his sword and rolling. I did just play DeS and Bloodborne last month.
>>
>>334777186
It's really going to vary from one person to the next. Dancer and Abyss Watchers were easy as fuck for me but I struggled like an idiot against Yhorm, then Pontiff and the end boss killed me about 15 times each.

No, I did not pick up a weapon in Yhorm's room, I figured that out later.
>>
>>334776521
The Souls games are literally memorizing movement patterns and then rolling around until they're open for you to roll towards them, swing your potato weapon, then roll away.

Enemies do extreme amounts of damage becasue "MUH HARD DIFFICULTY" (which once you know how to roll becomes void and the game becomes a boring roll fest)

The movement is terrible and the game would be infinitely better if your character didn't feel like a tank, even with nothing on.

Dark Souls is a meme game, a game you play only to tell others to "get good".

It doesn't help that the fanbase is a bunch of buttblasted retards that border on sonic levels of autism.
>>
>>334777428
I'm in the boreal valley so from what I gather I'm fighting pontiff next
>>
>>334776521
Or you can just git gud.
>>
>>334777542
>a game is about memorization, timing and planning and that's apparently a bad thing
>it punishes you for messing up and that's apparently a bad thing
>characters in DaS3 feel like tanks
>things I don't like are memes
>>
>>334776521
>i'm in desperate need of attention and this is the latest meme /v/ responds to

cool bait, op
>>
>>334777587
You might do well to pick up a parrying shield and learn to use it before you get to the boss. It's not one that is going to be "trivialized" by parrying him, it just makes him a lot more manageable.
>>
On his 2nd phase there's this one move where he raises his spear up and lightning drops on you. How are you supposed to dodge that or block? Are you just supposed to take the hit?
>>
>>334776521
I fucking hate Archdragon Peak, the little snake shits are annoying to no fucking end and the stone greatshield knight is fucking awful.
>>
>>334777763
Equip the lothric knight shield my nigga
>>
>>334777869
The axe on a chain guys are the worst
Oh sure give them a fucking grab attack that reaches behind them great fucking idea fuck you I'm mad
>>
>>334777542
Here's your reply.
>>
>>334777763
Roll once the lightning sound effect plays.
>>
>>334778028
The last section of the place is the only thing that gives me DS2 flashbacks. Yeah, let's put an endless amount of the worst fucking mobs in the game right at the end of the place. Thanks, From.
>>
>>334778334
your fault for fighting mobs
you should have realized once you reached boreal valley that the mob spam made the levels basically unplayable for anything but running through
>>
>>334778506
You have to do a gesture at the top of those stairs, that means you need to kill them all at least once for the stone it gives you.

Still, it's really fucking boring since you're just pussying out and pulling them one or two at most since anything else means death.
>>
>>334777186
The only reason Dancer was even hard for you was because you fought her 30-40 levels too early.
>>
File: 1422432026364.jpg (80 KB, 422x600) Image search: [Google]
1422432026364.jpg
80 KB, 422x600
>tfw this game let you know that this place is nothing but casuals now
it's not even a hard game
>>
File: 20160418212343_1.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160418212343_1.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
>>334776521
Im on this fight too right now. Honestly having a lot of trouble in his phase 2 but his phase 1 is the goddamn easiest thing ive ever seen. I don't know how anyone finds his phase one harder then any other boss in this game. You just stand in front of the dragons head and hit it after he attacks you.

His phase 2 is just hard for me because of how often he attacks and how weird the timings are on his swings. Half his attacks he waits just like an extra split second. Gotta get used to it.
>>
>>334779631
I always have a bit of trouble judging distances in phase 1.

So every now and then I set up for some hits on the head and my character just swings at nothing but air since I'm just out of range.

But other than that it's a piece of cake, even more so when you get the poise break and visceral.
>>
File: 1460222511445.jpg (74 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
1460222511445.jpg
74 KB, 500x671
How do you even get to this guy?
>>
>>334780080
don't ruin it for yourself
>>
I solo'd Orphan of Kos as a fucking arcane build so don't patronize me when I say that this boss is fucking bullshit precisely because of the shitty camera controls and all the fucking dust particle effects obstructing your view.
>>
>>334780265
>I solo'd Orphan of Kos as a fucking arcane build

pick a tough boss to brag about
>>
>>334780080
Visit the dungeon, see the stone dragons, use the way of the dragon gesture you get in untended graves and enjoy the worst area in the entire fucking game, which is sad since the boss is really fucking rad.
>>
>>334776521
dont lock on in the first phase.
The second phase fucks me over pretty hard with it's constant timings that seem designed to fuck over panic-rollers like me, but out of the 10 tries I took to kill him I don't think I died once to the first phase. It's easy as shit.
>>
>those fucking cunt mobs after him up the stairs to the very peak

those fuckers are harder than NK, fucking bullshit.
>>
>>334780236
oh shut the fuck up like anybody could figure out how to get to that place without looking it up
>>
>>334780369
Okay thanks I forgot that I found the gesture today
>>
File: fuck.jpg (26 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
26 KB, 600x610
>Playing sorcery, fighting against Sage
>"Holy fuck I need that raining magic spell he keeps using"
>Transpose spell instead of the rapier
>my fucking face

Is there a INT scaling weapon I can get soon? I'm sick of this Deep Battle Axe
>>
File: 1388580162970.gif (3 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1388580162970.gif
3 MB, 300x203
Do people really think Nameless King is hard? Took like three tries to beat him solo without a shield.

You people serious?
>>
>>334780595
>find the little alcove
>it is visually very distinct from the other 95% of this dark dungeony area
>bunch of dudes praying on a cliff
>"hmmm what are they praying about?"
>some of them are dragon type creatures who we haven't really encountered yet
>"oh look it's that thing on that mountaintop I noticed earlier, doesn't really match any area I've been through I don't think"
>oh look there's a convenient hole in their prayer circle, with a nice bright red rug that stands out against the bluish area
>"oh i get it they're doing that dragon prayer gesture I found earlier"
>>
>>334777763
i get 90% dodge rate by dodging backwards when the lightning sound plays, its the overhead slam lightning attack that you should be more worried about.
>>
>>334776521
Phase 1 never lock the camera
Phase 2 just get used to to his animations (even though they are quite erratic)

most of the times you just let your nerves get over you, dancer took me 30 attempts or so, 29 night before and the next day when i was relaxed killed her first try
>>
I know the feel, I'm lvl83 Dark Sword +10 and I'm still getting cucked on this guy. I've had no problems with any of the other bosses till this guy. I just need to git gud.
>>
>>334779631
just beat this boss, died more times to phase 1 than phase 2, its hard to hit the drake because my weapon is barely longer than a dagger and it attacks horizontally, it makes 2nd phase a lot easier though.
camera doesn't help either.
>>
>>334779631
>>334779958
Not too proud to confess that I struggled with the first half more than the second. Dragons toothing swings with limited depth perception lead to me whiffing until I started getting underneath the drake when dodging, which then lead to so many fucking deaths by his fly up -> breathe down attack which is really difficult to dodge and would hit me twice, killing me even embered and full health.

Lead to me wearing a ridiculous combo of pieces to max my fire and lightning resistances, which let me survive two shots of fire from full, though it still took me down to a couple of pixel lines of health.
>>
>>334776790
>git gud

>>>/steamforums/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>334780725
There's a Crystal Gem in Road of Sacrifices and the Sage Coal in Farron Woods.
>>
File: 1454395941850.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1454395941850.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>334776521
i just beat the catacombs and i'm in irithyll

holy fuck the level design revolved into post-lordvessel DS1 bullshit. are there any other good areas after this? please tell me there is. all i hear is that the lake, dungeon and peak are all equally terrible
>>
>>334776521
>One hit

No its more like 2 sometimes and 3 most of the time. Although i will agree getting away from him because of how active/big his hitboxes are on moves makes it hard to escape him sometimes.

Honestly in Phase 2 i just ran away and baited the two jumping attacks that are both punishable. He doesn't sit still enough for big weapons to punish well so being close and trying to roll around for single hits doesn't work well.

I never understood his stagger though. Id have times where i kept on that ass for awhile and got nothing where as other times id be so slow and careful and then hit him and hes just falling over.
>>
>>334777186
Dancer is easy I beat her 1St go you are way underleveled
>>
>>334776521
>only hit him once with a longsword between his attacks
>once he's down to 2/3 health he'll get stunned
>riposte him
>hit him while he stands up
>there's like a 90% he'll do his over head lightning Slam
>roll behind and keep hitting him
>he gets stunned again
>riposte and finish
>>
Nameless King is literally the only boss in the game id call a decent challenge. That and Pontiff the first playthrough. Everything else is only a problem if you get caught off guard by something you didn't understand. Those two felt like the only bosses that forced you to react at your highest and space at your best.
>>
File: AAH.jpg (69 KB, 680x900) Image search: [Google]
AAH.jpg
69 KB, 680x900
Do pyromancies scale off of your int and faith?
Or is it just about upgrading your pyromancy flame to get more damage?
Is there no reason to keep pumping int/fai if I've met the requirements for the pyromancies I want to use?
>>
>>334777542
The most honest review of the Souls games I've ever seen.
>>
>>334776521
Absolutely do not lock on during the dragon phase. Monster Hunter that shit.
>>
>>334781286
Run away from him while he's doing the flying fire attack. He only does it directly under him
>>
>>334781696
>Long sword

Man i sure wish i was shitter who needed a weapon like that. Must be fun getting 7-8 attacks with the base start stamina bar.
>>
This boss isn't hard it just takes too long.

Stop locking on trying to LB spam. Hit the dragons head when it shoots fire. Then just roll into Last King over and over until you can hit him.

Fuck Pontiff though.
>>
>>334781824
Already beaten him now, on the way to the twin princes, but it seemed like if I started sprinting when he flew up, I'd still get caught by the breath attack.
>>
>>334780369
It's Old Iron King all over again
>>
>>334781741
Go 30/30 for int/faith.
>>
I don't understand how people had trouble with Champion Gundyr or Old Demon King, I beat them both first try on the blind run and NG+
>>
>>334776521
Took me like an hour from first attempt to actually winning with my Large Club

I really don't think they intended for people to seriously use large weapons for bosses :/
>>
>>334781919
Is that so I can use all the good pyromancies do you mean?
Or do they scale after all?
I only ask because I'm new to the series and they don't have a letter rating in their descriptions like other weapons and spells
>>
>>334781458
not really desu senpai. the last areas are basically no fun allowed zones
>>
>>334782134
They did, they just expected you to use nothing but the rolling attack.
>>
>>334782126
Just curious, what was your build and which bosses, if any, gave you the most trouble?
>>
File: 1396368500897.gif (3 MB, 640x349) Image search: [Google]
1396368500897.gif
3 MB, 640x349
Man. I know straight swords are ridiculous but the Morion Blade is ESPECIALLY ridiculous. Holy shit dude.
>>
>>334782126
Likewise, but on doing some assists on the Demon King, if you let him start doing his AoE stuff post-half health, he becomes really fucking difficult to hit without potentially getting hit back.
If you're a cautious player, that could fuck you over, whereas my first playthrough was strength based and I had a really potent heavy large club, so I killed him before that become a concern, kept close, baited his melee swings and counterswung to the fences, killed him in about a minute.

Meanwhile, I had to try about four times against Oceilos, and some ten or so for the Nameless King; where every boss I fought before them and since I crush in one go with no deaths, so go figure. Different bosses mess with certain playstyles.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 274x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 274x237
>tfw when I use a long sword, profaned GS, and the butcher knife
>>
>>334782126
Both of them have fairly fast attacks when up close, Gundyr especially because his mule kick doesn't have much of a tell.
>>334782383
Dark Sword is easily the best weapon in the game
>>
>>334776521
>What the fuck are you supposed to do?
GITTY-GUDITTY
>>
>>334777682
>>334778234
>literally no counterarguments

Why is /v/ so retarded?
>>
>>334776521
literally just block the attacks.
>>
Did they even deploy the patch on monday?
>>
>>334782253
I spent most of the first run using the Winged Knight Halberd, succeeded by the Great Club (starting using it after Abyss Watchers but before going through the cathedral), and finally the Dragonslayer Greataxe which I started using almost immediately after I got it for Consumed King, Gundyr, and everything after. I pumped most of my stats into Strength and occasionally Dex, Vigor, or Endurance. STR was like 50 before I reallocated before starting NG+

NG+ has been Drang Hammers until Farron Keep when I started using the Black Knight Greataxe and have proceeded to tear the asshole of every living thing since. Now I'm 40/40 STR/DEX where most of my levels are going to Int and Faith to fuck around with pyromancies.

Bosses that gave me trouble were Abyss Watches the first time around and I had a few deaths to Dragonslayer Armor and Twin Princes. Everything other than that was done in 5 or less tries, pretty much. I'll also say I didn't beat Nameless King because my computer is pretty garbage and all the fog in that area kills my FPS.
>>
So this is the easiest Souls game by a long shot, right? I've never 1-2 shot so many bosses before my first time through.
>>
>>334776521

During phase one, lock on o nthe rider, not the dragon. run close to the head and tilt the analog stick in the direction of it while attacking, dont just trust the lockon.

Use armor with decent lightning resistance and twohand your weapon. Get gud at dodging.
He shouldn't oneshot you as long as you dont have starting health and shitty armor
>>
>>334777763
block it with a high lit resist shield.
>>
>>334781458
dungeon is okay what are you talking about
lake is also decent if not really boring to look at
kings garden is hot shite on a bun
peak is even hotter shite on a bun made of shite, except for the boss
overall it dips in quality near the end-game at parts but it's still not izalith or dukes-tier bad
In fact I found Dukes Archives 2: sorcerer boogaloo to be pretty fun, shame the main enemy type found is some retarded little fuck that looks totally out of place
>>
>>334777186

I had no problems with dancer, i only fell for her spin once and learned from that after. Took me three tries since the first time i was unprepared when it teleported me there.

My hardest bosses were:
Nameless King>Champion Gundyr>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>>
File: 1317164379612.png (429 KB, 892x648) Image search: [Google]
1317164379612.png
429 KB, 892x648
>finally reach this fight
>playing a shieldless quality build, solo mode ONLY
>die for hours and finally give up
>come back next day
>killed second try and I only had to estus once in ph. 2

If you're playing a pure melee/roll character this fight will force you to get good... Up until this boss the game is easy as fuck desu. If you're dying to stupid shit repeatedly take a break.

Only fight that gave me a hard time in the entire game senpai.
>>
Are there any good dex weapons that do blunt damage?
Finished my first run as a str run and went through catacombs with a large club, didn't understand what the whole fuss was about. Now I'm doing a dex playthrough with a rapier and oh christ now I understand.
>>
>>334779631

That's exactly hoe i felt. I quickly had the dodge timings down for phase 1, but phase 2's delayed attack fucked with me. Felt good when I finally had him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-_-X_kUKA
>>
>>334782973
The bosses in general are easier but the rest of the game is harder. Regular enemies do significantly more damage than bosses.
>>
>>334782973
>>334783452

The main thing that makes it easier in some ways are the generous roll iframes
>>
>>334783452
>Dancer can hit you a good deal of times before you die
>Cathedral Knight blocking the entrance to the Consumed King's Garden can ruin you almost instantly

Shit dude why did they even send that shitty ice bitch
>>
>>334782945
Huh, I was a strength build, with the Butcher knife for the most of the game, and then demon's greataxe from Champion Gundyr onwards. Gundyr beat my ass raw many times I lost count, definitely the hardest boss for me. Pontiff took me 6, and Oceiros 4. Everything else died within 1-3 tries. I haven't fought Nameless King yet and am currently at Lothric and Lorian.

I think the reason I had trouble is because I mistakenly though that shields and armor were viable in this game, so I put 40 points into vitality to wear heavy armor and a greatshield, and a whopping 10 endurance. The rest went into strength and vigor since I wanted to make a tank, mostly for pvp. Also put some into faith and Int for pyromancies, but they're all shit except Chaos orb.
>>
>>334783452
The only times I really had trouble with this are the jailers and the kangaroo grabcunts. Most enemies are just too easy to stagger to death, and this includes some bosses for fuck's sake.
>>
>>334782215
Pyromancy scales off both of them, and soft-caps out at a combined total of 60. Increasing the power of your pyromancy flame does increase your damage, so level it up whenever you can.
>>
File: 1459132938419.png (289 KB, 453x426) Image search: [Google]
1459132938419.png
289 KB, 453x426
>>334779234
>That one thread the other day where OP called out shitters for using summons on bosses for a first playthrough and the entire thread flamed massive strawmans

That's how I've lost every bit of hope I had for this board, casuals are the majority now and we have too many oldfags who've gone and fucked off to /vg/, /vr/ and 8ch to try and maintain a sliver of quality control.
>>
>>334782973
nah it is only cause you are used to the fights now. ds1 is way easier.
>>
>>334783385
>running away from the flame
shit nigger what are you doing
>>
File: pumkin cutie.jpg (76 KB, 688x502) Image search: [Google]
pumkin cutie.jpg
76 KB, 688x502
>>334776521
>People cry about him constantly
>He's the only boss I beat on the first go and didn't even have to use an estus
>>
>>334782225
yeah that's pretty much what I had to do outside of occasionally trading damage for a charged r2 :/
>>
>>334783660
>DS3 broke /v/ so hard that he is now willing to summon and will defend it

DS3 confirmed hardest souls.
>>
>>334783604
>kangaroo grabcunts
?
>>
File: 26.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
>>334782134
>>334783779
>:/
Fucking kill yourself.
Also I beat him no problem using Yohrm's weapon, strength weapons are fine against bosses as long as you don't charge your R2 like a retard.
>>
File: tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg (1014 KB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg
1014 KB, 1200x1575
Am... Am I just supposed to parry him? He never stops swinging.
>>
>>334783919
They're mainly in the Farron swamp. They pogo jump when getting hit and have a super track grab othgerwise
>>
>>334783742

Both running and rolling fro mthe flame worked around 70% of the time for me so i decide based on situation
>>
>>334783925
but it's so boring if i never get to do a charge and feel like my weapon actually has some sort of damage making it worth using over a straight sword :\

good for you though anon, you're a better player than i
>>
>>334784021
running towards the flame has literally never failed me once. He always breathes right to left and I'm almost always on the left, so I just run up and smash the stupid birds face as his retard master stares at me.
>>
>>334784000
oh the divekick goats

>>334783998
dodge and swing anon
dodge and swing
>>
>>334783998
dodge smack dodge smack dodge dodge smack
>>
>>334783628
If you're also leveling vigor, end and attunement that doesn't leave you with much room to get a good weapon does it?
What do you do for melee? Infuse a weapon so it's raw?
>>
>>334783998
You get a greatshield and then laugh at him while tanking full combos
>>
File: victory.jpg (155 KB, 1233x727) Image search: [Google]
victory.jpg
155 KB, 1233x727
>>334776521

He was a fun fight. I enjoyed helping out as a phantom
>>
>>334784060
>you're a better player than i
fucking weakling

never reveal your power level you sack of shit
>>
Used Greatsword, here's my tips

>phase 1
should be easy and quick, camera shouldn't be a problem at all, if he starts flying lock onto the king not the dragon, you can easily roll the lightning spear (watch his arm and roll when he throws) and the lunge after (just time it as he comes at you)

when he flies straight up, just run a little and roll away, rolling away is faster and youll never get hit by the flame

his swings are telegraphed as fuck and easy to roll

his charged lightning swing is also super telegraphed

if you hit the dragon head specifically the entire fight, itll eventually get knocked down and you can run up to the head and get in a critical attack that does even more damage, just aim for the head most of the fight and it should go by fast

>phase 2
hard only cause his combo strings can 2 shot you but if you were able to beat pontiff, you can beat him. just learn his timing and roll and punish him only when its completely safe, try to hit him as hes finishing up a combo you just rolled through rather than hitting him when hes completely still

when he's at half health, its still mostly the same fight. when he starts touching his spear, hes gonna do his thunder shit, super easy to dodge, roll like half a second after he shoots it up and i never got hit by it, if you got this far you should already know how to dodge his sword combos, the only other attack he got i think is that aoe esque attack just run away

honestly it can be a little challenging considering you have to fight the dragon all over again if you fuck up, but if youre patient and actually learn the moveset its no different from any other boss, instead of complaining about just fucking play the game
>>
Are there any bosses that don't have a "Phase 2"/Don't change up their attacks when their health hits 50%ish?
>>
All of these fucking threads are made by people playing the series for the first time.
Git fucking gud your piece of shit.
Pay atention and learn his fucking attacks.
You should be able to beat the first phase without using any estus.
Just hit him and roll in the second phase, he even gets staggered and you can riposte him if you hit him enough, then he falls on the floor and you can hit him even more.
You can also hit him a couple hits when he's buffing his weapon.
>>
>>334784286

You don't have to roll the spear toss at all, just run, it will always miss
>>
>>334784280
ok senpai :3
>>
>>334784172
I'm at 80, so here's my spread assuming I started with pyromancer:
vig 27 att 35 int 30 faith 30 end 12; the rest is base.
I'm leveling my end now, to 40 likely. I'm still using the base hand axe, at chaos infused +10. Chaos scales off of int and faith like pyromancy,
>>
God, Vordt is so fucking cool.
I wish he had more health. When the music kicks in and he starts Tokyo drifting everywhere I get chills
>>
File: 2 mad.png (254 KB, 401x455) Image search: [Google]
2 mad.png
254 KB, 401x455
>>334776521
>Phase 1 is fucking annoying and not fun at all due to judging distance being nearly impossible without shadows
>Phase 2 is a great fight, would've loved to just duke it out like this from the start
>>
>>334784420
Ohhhh okay. So you just get a chaos gem ASAP and pick your weapon of choice?
The earliest one is in the smouldering lake, yeah?
Appreciate the help by the way
>>
>>334784450
>Vordt starts drifting
>Eurobeat starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNveMjoSxp0
>>
File: Chugging Llyods.jpg (316 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
Chugging Llyods.jpg
316 KB, 621x621
>able to aggressively attack Dancer during 1st phase
>dancing around Dancer during 2nd phase
>last 15% HP
>get baited by her slam attack and wombo-combo'd through my rolls
>>
>>334784585
Chaos gem is in smouldering lake, but the coal needed for it is in Anor Londo.
>>
>>334784420
>35 Attunement
>All those "wasted" levels
I don't understand how playing a caster is in any way enjoyable.
>>
File: 1405311746595.jpg (139 KB, 533x496) Image search: [Google]
1405311746595.jpg
139 KB, 533x496
Beat the game, but never fought him. Where was he? Also, why does the Fire Keeper want me to kill her? Should I?
>>
>>334784743
masochism
>>
>>334780882

its the set of circumstances leading up to it that make it difficult to figure out
>you have to kill the highpriestess and then kill the consumed king prior to going to the dungeon, even though normally you would go through the dungeon first and overlook/forget about it
>>
>>334784743
It's for the FP actually. I'd trade in slots for more FP if I could.
>>
File: 1368319375754.gif (618 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1368319375754.gif
618 KB, 320x240
>tfw you see the dead Anor Londo blacksmith
>tfw Andre says he misses him
>>
>>334784801
>Go to Consumed King's Garden and beat Oceiros
>Get the Path of the Dragon emote
>Go to the cliffside in Irithyll Dungeon
>Use the emote on the carpet
>Cutscene
>Welcome to Archdragon Peak

>>334784850
>>334784827
I use a Greataxe so the only time I ever use FP is when I need a bit more damage per hit. I tried playing a caster, but it just doesn't feel fun to me. Pure melee is just so much easier, so much more effective, and so much more satisfying to do.
If you like playing as casters, then more power to ya', but I just can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>334785094
I play caster so that I can get a good hit in before I go at them with my melee attacks, and then to attack while backpedalling when they are too strong for my shitty armor to handle. I am wearing the beginning pyromancer armor at endgame.
>>
>>334776521
Yeah, fuck that boss. The fact that you have like 50 estuses by that point in the game more than makes up for it, though.
>>
File: 1409626422929.png (155 KB, 300x289) Image search: [Google]
1409626422929.png
155 KB, 300x289
>>334781308
>mad because he couldn't git gud
>>
>>334785428
Armor doesn't matter much in this game anyway. As long as you're wearing SOMETHING, you're golden.
>>
>>334776521
l i g h t n i n g r e s i s t
>>
File: neo.jpg (41 KB, 660x320) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
41 KB, 660x320
>tfw you beat the Dancer before Vordt on NG
>>
Anyone know how to have Greirat survive the Lothric Castle expedition yet?
>>
>>334785583
mah nigga
just did it to beat oceiros and get my swordfu asap, so far it's disappointing.
I hope it gets better with upgrades
>>
The hollows that have the black shit coming out of their backs are fucking harder than Gundyr
>>
>>334786061

They're a pain in the ass but they're very susceptible to fire. I can kill them in two longsword combos with charcoal resin with little trouble because they get stunlocked immediately.
>>
>>334776521
Equip Havel Shield you find little before this boss, lightning resistant armor and that ring that boosts lightning resistance. He turns into complete joke after that.
>>
>>334786061
>>334786456
Playing unlocked helps.
Locking on is a death sentence
>>
>>334786061

If you know they are going to transform you can easily rush them and kill them before they do. Other than that, use fire.

Do those Iudex enemies have any relation ot aldrich or what is it that makes them transform?
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 314x468) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 314x468
Mfw destroying fools with my dual weaboo katanas
>>
Why does the estus flask randomly refill a charge sometimes?
>>
File: ching chong ping pong.jpg (563 KB, 1584x876) Image search: [Google]
ching chong ping pong.jpg
563 KB, 1584x876
>>334786996
My nigga. The best part is /v/'s bitch tears about getting killed by a 'meme weapon'
>>
>>334786998

Killing invaders seems to refill you slightly
>>
>>334782793
the point of a counterargument is to have a discussion. when someones so completely wrong and stuck in their own head, whats the point to even reply seriously?
>>
Lore question.... why was this guy around for soooo long and he didnt do shit or anything with his drakes....
>>
>>334786998
killing lots of enemies without dying or resting gives you a charge every once in a while.
>>
File: ds3pontiffsl1.jpg (362 KB, 1429x812) Image search: [Google]
ds3pontiffsl1.jpg
362 KB, 1429x812
Game's hard, right guys?
>>
>>334783364
Maybe cestus if you infuse it with sharp. But scaling's all the way fucked in this game, I haven't even seen a single weapon to reach S scaling at anything.
>>
>>334787075
THERE WILL BE BLOOD
>>
>>334787414
Lore wise, the Kingdom of Lothric had tamed drakes under its command. Considering dragons are intelligent creatures in DS. Nameless King was probably supplying them
>>
>>334787475
(you)
>>
>>334787414
They were living secluded peaceful life from other world. Until ashen one invaded their home and killed everyone.
>>
>>334783998
You wait for him to switch into magic stance then run up to his face and just wail at him.
>>
I need to know if I just suck but i've had no trouble with this game until now I've arrived at Irithyll and these frost curved sword guys are tearing me apart and now they're throwing some stupid fire caster knights in to the mix
>>
>>334777587
use dragon crest shield and the deacon armor with lots of magic resist
>>
>>334776521
literally killed him my second try. Idk why people are saying he's the hardest boss rofl
>>
>>334783998
get the fastest weapon you have and do rolling attacks on his charge up moves.

When he's in falchion mode you should just back the fuck up most of the time.

When he's in spear mode just strafe to his left and swing - all his thrusts will miss you. Also, stay close to him so he doesn't heal.

When he's in magic mode break out your most damaging attacks and always stay in melee range when he's about to do that laser beam so you can get more hits in.

When he's in gwyn mode, make sure to dodge to your left when he does that jump attack. Stay close when he's firing lightning at you to do quick dodge attacks. He has a delayed overhead smash that is tricky, so time your dodge for that.
>>
>>334787475
>freezehpvalue
thanks cheatengine
>>
>>334787710

I've taken videos of some of the fights, actually, but fraps saves them as like 4 gigs per segment, or else I'd upload them to youtube.
>>
>>334787807
ok
>>
>>334780882
>TFW I found this about by myself but did the gesture for like two seconds shorter than what's needed to trigger the cutscene
Felt pretty chuffed tbqh
>>
I spent alot of time fighting this guy, mostly cuz' i suck at dodging a certain combo of his.

Phase 1 is pretty easy, just focus on dodging, and abuse the sweeping flame breaths to wail on the dragons head. The dragonslayer spear works wonders here.

phase 2 is a lot harder, forcing you to rely on quick reflexes and hit and run tactics to survive. Use a fast weapon, and get some dark resins.
>>
>>334781458
Fuck off faggot, the late game is solid, you just have shitty taste like usual.
>>
>>334784684
I somehow struggled with Dancer my first playthrough, but in NG+ I absolutely fucking trashed it without getting hit once in about a minute or less, I don't even fucking know.
>>
I did ultra greatsword phase 1 and broadsword phase 2. The hardest part is the fucking camera in phase 1.
>>
>>334776521
GET
O
O
D
>>
If you guys are having a hard time, use the Dark Sword. One of the most practical weapons in the game.
>>
>>334785536

Absolutely untrue post. Higher absorption armors most definitely make a difference in both PvP and pve
>>
>>334786998
Luck based chance of recharge per every enemy killed.
>>
>>334787541
THE MAN IN THE MIRROR NODS HIS HEAD
>>
>>334785931
it doesn't
>>
>>334776521
Can someone on NG summon someone in NG+?
>>
>>334792242
Yeah, password matching scales you pretty effectively, too
I summoned someone from NG to NG+ Nameless King just to see if it works.
His damage done and received was acceptable.
>>
>>334793202
Alright, I wanted to move onto NG+ on my main character but I didn't want to leave a friend behind. Thanks anon
>>
Did anyone get the impression that Storm Ruler should've been in the Nameless King fight? I mean it doesn't make much sense having to fight giant with it and why it does so much damage only to this one specific enemy, but it would be perfectly logical to fight a flying enemy in an environment based heavily on wind and storms, like it was in DeS.
>>
>>334776947
You never played the first generation of 3D games on PS1, huh friendo. This is an 18+ website you know

>what is
>Tomb Raider
>Resident Evil
>Silent Hill
>Spyro
etc.

Nothing personnel, kid
>>
>>334793874
>get the cool Storm Ruler flying gimmick fight
>then follow it up with an actual hard fight
That'd be pretty sick
>>
File: 1439111036964.png (942 KB, 630x643) Image search: [Google]
1439111036964.png
942 KB, 630x643
>people who bitch about the camera
You're supposed to git gud at controlling the camera as well as fighting bosses. How fucking new are you?
>>
>>334794321
>Fight old demon king
>lock on breaks everytime I get near him
Muh skillz
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.