[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Boot up Dark Souls III >Game crashes periodically online,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
>Boot up Dark Souls III
>Game crashes periodically online, still can't figure out why
>Today recieve message that I must use way of the white circlet to get back online
>Single use item to prevent people from cheating the online connections and DCing before loss
>If I continue to crash online I will be permanently banned from online play
Who's fucking idea was this? Are you kidding me? I run the game at 60FPS maxed, but due to some shitty issues with crashing, I'm now at risk to not be able to play online at all? My drivers are up to date, I've verified the game client, and this is a widely stated issue. Anyone have any advice, I just want to play fucking video games
>>
>buying souls on PC full price
>not getting it on console and getting it later in a steam sale when the bugs are worked out

Asking for it.
>>
Do you PC faggots ever stop complaining? God fuck off.
>>
>>334773170
I dunno, man. That sucks.

I've been having some problems of my own. Not being able to summon/be summoned, getting summoned but then not connecting, leaving me blocked in every direction by fog walls, infinite load times after returning to my world from someone else's. It's broken as fuck. Your best bet would be to wait for a patch and just play offline until then.
>>
>>334773454
It's just frusterating when you've put 15+ hours into a character, and then suddenly you're at risk to lose it the most components of the game. It's a per character ban, but still, I might as well start all over if that's how its going to be, and then there's the chance it'll happen again
>>
>>334773170
>my pc is so bad I can't even play online because of frame rate issues
At least you got a chance when things get patched my dude
>>
The penalty system is really bad on PC.

Even though I've never experienced crashes on my end (gtx 980), I've had my fair share of DCers and hackers. I'd rather not play online if it meant another person would get penalized if they disconnected due to crashing.

For this reason, I've completely stopped playing online, and play on a family shared steam account.

Game is peaceful enough with only NPC summons and invaders. I also don't like having player messages and hacking invaders.
>>
>>334773170
it's a shitty mechanic, can PC players may be able Cheat engine another circlet onto a character?
>>
>>334773949
I was wondering the same thing, and I don't think the servers are on a VAC system, so I don't know if that'd be an issue. As I'm typing this my game just crashed. The gargoyle in profaned capital just landed as it crashed. It's really fucking random.
>>
All the comments on the wiki have similar experiences http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Way+of+White+Circlet

I think the best solution would be a temp penalty like how Dota 2 low priority works. Your standing will be restored if you help other players. Could just be helping people in the softban pool.

FROM has good ideas about multiplayer but they're terrible at implementing it.
>>
>>334774291
there's no reason they shouldn't just kill you and give the invader the reward if you disconnect during an invasion

the penalty isn't even that bad
>>
>>334774430
Permanent multiplayer ban isn't that bad?
>>
>>334773170
Can you buff infused weapons? I remember you could in DaS2, but not in DaS.
>>
>>334773297
This is most retarded thing I've read all day.
>>
>>334773170
Try reverting to older drivers if you have Nvidia

Otherwise, the Low lighting setting helped me a lot
>>
>>334774291
The problem is from can't differentiate between crashes and altf4 faggots so treat them equally and I say good riddance since the people who crash eventually get a fix but the people who pussy out of invasions stop playing souls games and makes the environment much less cancerous from casual faggots
>>
Does the soft ban put you in a pool with other people who are soft banned? Or once you use way of the white circlet are you back with the overall pool? Everything seems a lot less active since I had to use mine
>>
>>334774510
I mean if it just killed you

multiplayer ban is retarded because it doesn't help the people getting screwed at all (invaders)
>>
>>334774823
Get fucked faggot learn to git gud when you get invaded bitch
>>
>Boot up Dark Souls III
>No issues whatsoever, consistent FPS
>Didn't fall for the PC meme

Feels good.
>>
>>334774528
No. You can only buff weapons with 100% physical damage excluding blessed weapons for they MUST be shit, From demands it.
>>
>>334775173
See thread
>>
>>334775303
>Consistent FPS

C'mon, anon, we both know that's bullshit. There's heavy drops on the PS4 and Xbone. Mine drops to single digits during boss fights with two other summons. The Aldrich fight is basically a constant 20fps even solo.
>>
>>334775454
I'm sure it was conveniently because of crashes.
>>
>"Your game is crashing"
>"Boo, I keep crashing while I'm online, I'll get banned. ;-;"
>Just going to ignore this option to launch the game offline while I try to address crashing

Stop lying out your ass, ragequitting faggot.
>>
I outright refuse to believe people telling me this game is crashing when I am running it maxed on a fucking GTX 750 TI.

I refuse to believe you 980 boasting faggots are having trouble with this game's performance. Is it not optimized well? Obviously. Crashing?

You're lying. I have literally not had one crash. On a GTX 750 TI.

A shitty 60$ card is outdoing a 980? Go fuck yourselves. You're closing the game yourselves and didn't realize there was softbanning.
>>
>>334775789
>>334775721
Considering there is no way to address the crashing, yeah, I definitely should've done something differently. FROM apologists in full force, holy shit.
>>
>>334773697
He just said it runs at 60 FPS you illiterate fuck. Its a buggy unstable shitty port.
>>
>>334775920
>People are crashing, must have to do with GPUs!
Computers are more complex than that you goofball
>>
>>334775920

jew-vidya has hamstrung their newish but not newest cards to crash constantly, in order to get people to buy their latest overpriced cards

my 290 has not had a single crash and runs smooth and stable since i updated drivers. well, at max setting1080p, game is unplayable at 4k even on low
>>
>>334773170
>Release unstable PC version
>Punish players for your unstable game
What in the actual fuck? That's shitty OP
>>
>>334775426
>no but yes you can

k
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.