[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about modern Kirby? Seems to be one of the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1398096141344.jpg (614 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1398096141344.jpg
614 KB, 1024x768
How do you feel about modern Kirby? Seems to be one of the only properties Nintendo is doing right by.
>>
>>334770454
If Adeleine returns I wil rejoice.

Kirby: Planet Robobot still looks great.
>>
I have a bunch of kirby games and I think I'm growing out of them. They're just too easy and there's nothing wrong with that. I will be getting the new one anyways just like the others because it looks fun.

I seriously have no idea why I play games for fun.
>>
>Nintendo

You mean HAL, even then... its not as good as it could be, they can do better. Just feels slightly shallow and going toward the "here we go again" territory. But i think they'll give us that fresh feeling with that 3D kirby.

Why did sakurai have to fucking leave...
>>
I love Borb.
>>
>>334770454
The fanservice is neat
>>
>>334771350
WHAT fanservice?
>>
>>334770454
Doing right by? DOING RIGHT BY?!

The FUCKING Halcandran Dimension took away everything special about the Kirby Universe in general, and RtDL/TD/PR look generic as fuck in the face of a longstandingly whimsical series with Kirby's Adventure's crazy backgrounds and vivid colors, Superstar's grandeur, 64's landscapes and thorough use of color tones, etc.
>>
>>334770883

>I seriously have no idea why I play games for fun

Because they're fun, retard. They're supposed to be fun. They've always supposed to have been fun. Even the video games designed to be really hard are actually intended to be fun by appealing to those who experience fun from challenge.

Stop coming to /v/. This is a big retarded mecca of "people" who would have you believe that you're supposed to be a huge self-hating turbovirgin who hates games. There is no such thing as a good game here. Thankfully this shithole is full of the biggest fucking faggots ever seen and serves as a real life containment area. The users of this board are walking examples of morons who got tired of being stupid so they hate everything just to make it impossible to ever be "duped" again. They'll live in misery because they'd rather hate everything, be "right" even when they're wrong, and dream of suicide instead of being a real person and being occasionally wrong and happy. It has always been this way and it always will. Don't get sucked into it.

Play kirby and enjoy your life. You will never make friends here and nobody here will ever like you.
>>
>>334771494

>Some versions of Kirby don't appeal to my tastes
>Nintendo is therefore shit

Please blow your brains out any time. It's quick, painless, and you will instantly relieve everyone to whom you are a burden. Protip: that's everybody in your life.
>>
I'm tired of SUPER ABILITY THAT BREAKS EVERYTHING DURING THIS SEGMENT NEAR THE END OF EVERY LEVEL AND ENDS UP USED FOR THE FINAL BOSS.
>>
>>334770956
I like how the spin offs get as weird as possible, canvas curse, mass attack, epic yarn, and the mainline play it safe but still consistently good

>>334771429
>kirby music from every single kirby game scattered around TD
>Crystal Shards boss fight music as the CSS in Kirby Fighters
>dem stages based on all kirby games
>Galacta Knight in RTDL
>the fucking MIRROR from Amazing Mirror appearing for no fucking reason at the end of DDD's Revenge to fight Dark MK and Shadow DDD

also how could you forget
>THE MOTHERFUCKING PIXEL KEYCHAINS

>>334771494
you're a faggot but I kinda agree, I want more Crystal Shards-esque ominious levels and more shit that aint grass-water-lava levels of generic
>>
>>334771494
>Using Kirby 64 as a reference of a good game
That game was pretty much the definitive lowpoint of the series. At least shit got back on track with the GBA and DS games
>>
>>334771350
The fanservice really saved Triple Deluxe for me, as sad as that sounds.
Without the fanservice it would be a little bland.

Ever since RTDL the series has been getting blander, and unfortunately while relying on fanservice still makes me enjoy the games, it doesn't improve their substance.
I also don't like the the new trend of super special awesome power-up time (Ultra abilities, hypernova, mech suits)

I've had fun with the recent games, but I can't help but feel disappointed at the same time.

>>334771494
Please explain how Halcandra ruined the universe, the lore is something I love so if it got shat upon I would love to know how.
>>
When I hear people saying they are tired of the "kirby Formula" or that he's getting stale I am confused as fuck. Did these people just recently get into Kirby or only play the platformers? Kirby's been around for more than 20 years, and has almost 30+ games that can be wildly different from each other barring the platformers(which each still have their own unique flavor or touches) which we don't even get all that often. And the whole superability thing is only very recent, being in only the last two platformers which the mech armor seems to improve on by having its own movesets AND being useful for solving puzzles.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.