[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1460814890135.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460814890135.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
help
>>
>long and easy first phase
>still easy but very punishing second phase

Sure is fun learning this fight. The game requires some degree of trial and error, making the player redo the first phase every time is tedium. Second phase is a fun fight htough.
>>
>>334762806
What do I do for the first phase to be more efficient? I tried locking on to the head but that's just clumsy, the camera flails wildly. But when I'm unlocked sometimes I'm not perfectly aligned to block an attack.
>>
>>334762956
Stay in front of him at and stay locked onto the King.
>>
>>334762993
>stay locked on to the king
Way easier said than done. The camera is a fucking disaster on the first phase.

Nameless King was the only difficult boss in the game for me, and the tedious first phase made it even harder because eventually got impatient and started doing stupid shit.
>>
File: 1445135893123.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1445135893123.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>334762442
>GIT
>>
>>334762806
>long and easy first phase
More like "long and RNG filled"
>>
>>334763361
Camera is killing me too. Doesn't help that my computer starts losing it's shit in this area and the framerate goes to shit.
>>
>>334763506
Stay in front of him.
>>
>>334762956
Stay at medium range in front of the boss locked onto whatever and just roll out of the way when it charges in for an attack. Should give you plenty of time to hit the drake in the head once or twice and back off.
>>
>>334763552
I've already beat him, the first phase comes down to how much he wants to fly around the map and how often he wants to breath fire while not flying. How well that first phase goes is nearly entirely RNG because of the fact that you pretty much have to hit his neck.
>>
>>334763695
When he flies around you wait for him to come down. When he breathes fire you dodge it and punish him. I'm not sure what you're saying.
>>
>>334762956
A long-reaching vertical-slicing weapon works best. I like to run under its neck/head and slice back and forth from left to right in a rainbow arc, by locking-off and tilting the stick after each strike.

Lock onto the king when on defense and at mid to long range, but unlock when you go in for an attack to stop the camera from spazzing out. If you see the beast begin to slowly rear in any direction, start rolling away.

The storm king's head is super open after the giant lightning stab or fire breath. Any other openings, such as after a combo is up to your judgment, as they can last from 2 to 4 or 5 strikes.

If you do enough damage to the head, it will stagger for a chance for a critical, after which it will be open for a couple more attacks as it recovers.
>>
>>334763791
I've fought him a lot, sometimes he flies around a lot and makes it nigh impossible to hit is neck, sometimes he breaths fire 3 times in a row and you get a quick kill off. It's all RNG of which attack he uses next, I know how to kill him, I'm just saying a quick or fast kill isn't entirely determined by the player.
>>
>>334762956
Stay medium range and wait for the king to attack, then roll in and attack the head of the bird.
>>
>>334763862
For phase two, just use a quick weapon and sneak in a hit after every combo, and a couple hits after big attacks.

His open spots are very brief, so if you're still using a big weapon from phase 1, it may be too slow, and you might get counter hit a shit ton.

Pretty much anything with Quickstep is works great. Trusty longsword works too.
>>
How is phase 1 long? When it breaths fire I could take 1/3 of the HP in 5 seconds. Get a better weapon.

Phase 2 is ridiculous, though. It's very hard to heal without getting hit again right after. Hardest fight in the game by far.
>>
>>334764768
>When it breaths fire I could take 1/3 of the HP in 5 seconds. Get a better weapon.
"When" is the keyword here, sometimes he won't breath fire at all for minutes on end.
>>
File: this is good.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
this is good.webm
2 MB, 640x360
finally did it yesterday, after a good 15 tries or so

people say you need a fast 1h for it, i was using the executioner's greatsword and did it with one phantom

equip anything lightning resistant, stack it all, fuck the armor, get the dragonslayer armour shield for the second phase

if the bird catches you in his fire, roll and don't stop, if his bird gets up in the air for any reason start running/rolling

the second phase is all about not getting cocky when he's trying to chain you, and the shield makes it so he doesn't even deal damage to you through it
>>
File: bogerface.jpg (76 KB, 600x804) Image search: [Google]
bogerface.jpg
76 KB, 600x804
>>334765147
>and did it with one phantom
>>
>>334765272
i'm assuming op's willing to go even further if he really fucking hates this boss

just a point that the fight isn't even impossible with less than 2 phantoms because summoning in this area is ass
>>
>>334765147
>with a phantom
>>
>>334762956
In both the first and second phase, when the boss falls over, you can go up to their front and do a visceral attack straight outta BloodBorne.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.