[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag a good videogame? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: brown banner.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
brown banner.jpg
469 KB, 1920x1080
Is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag a good videogame?
If I'm interested primarily in the sailing will I enjoy it?
>>
You will enjoy the sailing, yes. Go collect shanties.

It's let down by the actual Assassin's Creed part, but once you get your ship you're mostly good to go.
>>
>>334752902
It's a good sailing game
It's a bad assassin's creed
>>
It's the best part of the game, dem shanties.
>>
>>334752902
I recommend Assassin's Creed: Rogue, instead. Same sailing mechanics in the North Atlantic instead of the Carribean (watch out for the icebergs), and you play as a templar instead of an assassin which is a nice change. Shay Cormac is a pretty likeable character, I enjoyed the game a lot.
>>
>>334752902
It's the only good assassin's creed game.
>>
>>334753031
>>334753162
>>334753171
>>334753350
Will it yank me off the ship for tailing mission every mission?

>>334753194
Will check it out, thanks anon
>>
>>334753842
There are upgrades for your ship that are locked until you progress in the story but you can still spend a dozen hours just sailing and taking ships before feeling the need to unlock more shit.
>>
One of the most fun games I've played - period. The AC bits feel like a distraction but can usually be breezes through or cheesed pretty quickly.
>>
>>334752902
It is the best pirate simulator on the market. The ocean looks amazing and the naval combat is just too fucking good to be believed. When your crew is scrambling all over the ship, calling out orders based on the way you're controlling your ship while you blast some asshat with broadsides... Yeah it's great.

I hope Ubisoftcomes back to the naval theme for another series because they nailed it.
>>
>>334752902
Top teir sailing and pirate ship battles.
Top teir exploration, unique islands, underwater caverns, Mayan ruins

Shit teir assassin missions
Shit teir present day office drama

Worth playing for the good parts, but don't expect it to be without its crapass AC bullshit we've all come to know.
>>
As long as you never ever go to land.
That said after a while the sailing does get a bit dull, but it's a long while.
>>
File: feels wave.gif (965 KB, 498x266) Image search: [Google]
feels wave.gif
965 KB, 498x266
The sailing is incredibly simple.

You can either go forward, forward fast, forward very fast, or forward super fast travel speed.

You can shoot to the left or right, or do dinky sniping with your carronades.

That's it.

That's the entire game.

It's an arcade game first and foremost.
>>
>>334752902
Boring, repetitive. It's definitely an assassins creed game with very little that redeems it.
>>
>>334756768
Fuck off. Black Flag and Rogue are both great games.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.