[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of gameplay, what would you want to see in the sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62 KB, 300x360
In terms of gameplay, what would you want to see in the sequel?
>>
What's gameplay?

No seriously, /v/ is so fucking ambiguous about what the fuck they want in a game you don't even say it.

How about:
Like. More hunting mechanics?
Or something?

Bounty hunting is more or a thing?
Native americans...? No that's not a gameplay thing.

Is it?
>>
>>334752606
More Poker.
>>
>>334752606

More fleshed out settlements that don't feel like film sets.

More optional quests and involvement with NPCs.

Building a homestead, buying land/buildings and ranching/farming would be awesome.

RDR was amazing, but it was largely empty and there wasn't much replay value.
>>
>>334752606

fix some awkwardness in physics,
faster reactions for aiming, better melee combat, active reload, that's all i can say for now
>>
>>334752606
More Wilhelm Screams. Every time I shoot someone I wanna hear it.
>>
Saloons and more desert area's
>>
>>334752606
DON'T FUCK UP THE PHYSICS LIKE THEY DID WITH GTA V
>>
>>334752606
More Liar's Dice.
>>
>>334752810
What a retarded, pointless post.
Just answer the fucking question and if OP disproves call him a queer.
>>
>>334753728
GTA V HAS THE BEST PHYSICS. FUCK YOU.
>>
Make the guns actually feel unique compared to each other and for fuck's sake do some extensive QA this time so it's not a mess of glitches. Speed up the gunplay as well.
>>
File: 1461021949315.jpg (5 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
1461021949315.jpg
5 KB, 150x144
>>334753970
FUCK OFF NIGGER
>>
Just bring back Liar's Dice and it's GOTY.
>>
File: outlaw star.jpg (41 KB, 949x642) Image search: [Google]
outlaw star.jpg
41 KB, 949x642
>More buildings to enter
>Actually being able to fuck prostitutes
>Go the Infamous route and allow you to be a good hero or an infamous outlaw
>more guns
>More minigames like Poker and Liar's Dice (which were some of the best parts of the game that should have been in GTA V)
>the ability to create your own gang/posse in single player and pull off heists on trains and banks or hunt down outlaws
Also I love the idea here >>334753239
>>
Scalping
More natives that can be hostile
>>
Character switching from Revolver. I miss Jack Swift, Shadow Wolf, and Buffalo Soldier. Annie Stoakes basically reincarnated into Bonnie though.

>I'm taking this whole bloody mess of a country back, single handedly.
>>
secret caves scattered around the land that contain weapons as a reward for exploration
>>
Hookers that you can fuck.
>>
>>334752606
a good game
>>
Shit to collect a la gta
>>
>>334756383
They plan to have multiple protags
>>
I want to be able to rob trains
>>
Hopefully not RDR Online
>>
>>334757135
Hookerbots?
>>
>>334752606

Can rob and or hijack a train. How was that seriously not a thing?
>>
>>334758804
You were supposed to play John as a goodie goodie
>>
>>334752606
>>334752606
Classic multiplayer, by which I mean none of that GTA Online type shit. RDR and GTA IV had the best multiplayer, they need to bring that back.
>>
>>334752606
this
>>334753239 and >>334754554

Aren't Rockstar developing Bully 2, tho?
>>
>>334752606
I want it to be a less story driven game and more story creating game.
More like An rpg.
Imagine you just journey the wild west, go to a saloon and start a fight, so now you made an enemy with someone who was in a posse.
Later down the line you run into that posse and they attemp to kill you.
Killing them you go to a new town where you speak to a law man who asks you would you hunt a bounty on another posse as you seem to be good at handling yourself.
Become a bounty hunter, maybe eventually a sheriff or Marshall.

Or go the opposite route of robbing things and people, then having money to create a posse doing more robberies on trains or stagecoaches.

Another route could be becoming a genocidal cavalrymen killing injuns, or making peace with injuns and learning the ways of the land.

I doubt R* has it in them but an opwn world wild west rpg would pique my intrest more
>>
File: rdr choo choo motherfucker.jpg (356 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rdr choo choo motherfucker.jpg
356 KB, 1280x720
>>334758442
>>334758804
This, they kind of advertised the ability to rob trains too which was kind of a cocktease.
It's still fun to pretend to hijack them though.

>>334759062
If they add in shark cards and make it a grindfest MMO I will never buy another Rockstar game again.

>>334759131
I doubt it, Bully is pretty niche and wouldn't sell a lot for them (despite being a great game).
>>
Being able to make your own base online.
Have the option of joining bandits, army, lawmen etc.
>>
>>334754552
That shit was fun as hell
>>
Herbert "Unscathed" Moon
>>
>OP asks for gameplay ideas.

>everyone throws out ideas for dumb side quests

This board is the absolute worst

[spoilers]The core gameplay of RDR is complete dogshit anyway, and there's basically no chance Rockstar will make anything of it
>>
>>334759745
Mandatory. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSEwy8ZORc
>>
Swimming
And maybe using small paddle boats or something
But I always wished robbery was more expanded on, rather than just sneaking into some place and unlocking some small safe; like others have said, being able to rob and hijack trains would be cool
There could maybe be different types of trains that spawn on the map like military rains, passenger trains, trains carrying goods etc etc
>>
File: doom herbert moon.jpg (256 KB, 957x536) Image search: [Google]
doom herbert moon.jpg
256 KB, 957x536
>>334759745
That cutscene will never stop being amazing
>>
File: Kek.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1200
>>334759992
>>
>>334752606
I'd just like them to improve the shooting mechanics and the horse controls because that stuff feels a little stiff. Everything else is fine in that they just need to do more of it.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.