[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fucking w h e n? this game is endless fun for normies with friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 9
File: l4d3.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
l4d3.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
fucking w h e n?

this game is endless fun for normies with friends and family. anyone else fucking love Left for Dead 1 and 2?

its rumored to be released next year, might as well be never, fuck.
>>
File: 1431073768149.gif (892 KB, 316x270) Image search: [Google]
1431073768149.gif
892 KB, 316x270
>>334751665
>>
>>334751665
Valve is trash now

What was the last game they released?

Portal 2? Back in like 2011?

Dota 2 doesn't count because everyone and their mother had a beta key and even if you do count it, not having released a game since 2013 is still pretty shitty.
>>
>>334751665
A new L4D would be nice, L4D2 is easily one of my favorite games, it's just such a shame few people play it nowadays. Getting a 4-man going is painful.
>>
anyone have any ideas on how to fix the multiplayer?

the concept is amazing but its too long and everyone will always prefer to play as the infected
>>
>>334752256
Say what you want about valve and their business morals, but their games are good. I won't write off l4d3 untill i know it sucks
>>
>>334752334
Honestly i think some sort of matchmaking would solve a lot of problems in modern l4d, so many angry people leave because their team sucks, which is understandable.

Also make the game more comeback friendly, perhaps bring back the health bonus. As it is now way too many teams give up if they have a bad first map.
>>
Dunno. It'd have to do a lot to really bring me back, I played out L4D2 to death

I remember when the Dark Carnival Coaster skip got patched, I turned off the director and tried to find a new way to get past it.

Actually managed it, too. But it's not versus viable in the slightest.
>>
>>334752676
i just dont think that will be enough to keep people playing, like you said, people tend to quit after a first map if the team does bad, and ESPECIALLY if they are next to be the survivors.

somehow, some way, the whole system should be overhauled without ruining the allure of multiplayer survivor vs infected. there must be a way to make it more appealing to be the survivors, and have each run be shorter somehow perhaps a small list of objectives to achieve instead of rotating chapters?

this is all off the top of my head and might be a little scattered but there it is.
>>
>>334751665
Never hopefully, the games becomes boring after like 2 hours
>>
>>334753026
I kinda agree, whenever i play survivor it's not a very engaging experience. It's almost like having a checklist of what to do
>run as fast as possible
>stop as little as possible
>molly the tank
>help downed teamates as effectively as possible
etc.
it's like a machine process playing survivor, whereas playing infected is an ever changing thing where multiple strategies and combinations can be tried out.
>>
It's never being released. Why does Valve have any reason to make anymore video games when they can get so much money from just selling other people's?
>>
>>334753858
exactly. in order to change that robotic feeling, there has to be something more than just >make it from point A to B.

im thinking maybe, just maybe, the maps can be more open, rather than linear, and the team of 4 survivors maybe six are separated into 2 smaller teams at the start of the game. thrown into random locations, the objective can change to maybe trying to meet up with the other team of survivors for some sort of grand finale exit strategy that requires more than 2 (or 3) survivors.

either that or my other less thought out idea to have the 2 sides fight it out when they meet in the middle for a place in the escape, if im making sense. all the while the infected side does what they always do, disrupt and make the game interesting and different every run.

again, a little scattered but theres my idea
>>
is l4d2 still alive?

i got it for free that one xmas and never even installed it
>>
>>334754694
>>334752257
>>
Valve doesn't make games unless they can monetize them endlessly. It's difficult to make more content for Left 4 Dead and they can't charge for it the way they can with other games.
>>
>>334751665
Only spics love this game.
>>
Unless it plays drastically different from 1 and 2 I don't see any reason why a third one should exist. 1 and 2 are literally the same game and Valve still has some backlash when they didn't keep their promise of updates.

I love Left 4 Dead but out of any game, it's the one that doesn't need or deserve a sequel.
>>
>>334754784
how is it difficult to make map packs with 4 new campaigns?
>>
>>334754556
Thinking from a versus point of view i think it would be messy to have the survivors duke it out for a place in the escape vehicle, 3 teams fighting it out sounds fair enough as it's own thing but it wouldn't be particularly l4d anymore.
To split them up sounds more interesting, but that would require a massive change to how infected is played as well, 4 infected players can easily kill a team of two or three survivors.

Honestly though i completley agree on some other objective in the game than just run from A to B, even if it is a temporary objective. I think for example using crescendos that need the survivors to get the gas cans could be more widely used, this with them spawning at random location could be quite hectic.

What if for example the survivors had to bring a gas can across half the map to start a generator or something? although i guess it would get boring quickly to be the gas carrier. even so something else to do while keeping the l4d feel would be brilliant.
>>
>>334755102
it doesnt need a sequel, it needs an overhaul entirely, which is what im advocating for. there are soooo many ways to stay entirely true to the first 2 games, but to add a ton more features to make it better. the second game was really fantastic but in my general opinion, it was incomplete.
>>
Valve ever needs to make new games when retards literally throw their life savings into dota2 compendiums
>>
>>334755117
Valve is smart, they know map DLC leave people with a bad taste in their mouth which is why they usually make them for free.

Cosmetics are the way to go: Harmless and don't effect the core game, but addictive enough that people will buy and trading card collection effect will assure people will continue to trade and buy.
>>
>>334755334
There have been rumors that L4D3 was going with the "Evolve" path and make each of the 4 players have a specific role that plays differently.

That'd be neat, but not sure if enough to warrant a full new game.
>>
>>334755278
>it would be messy to have the survivors duke it out
yeah true it was just a suggestion i tossed out there last minute. for that to work out, there would need to be an overhaul of the health system i would say, and a wider range of movement options such as sprinting and sliding. could be fun though, but yeah it wouldnt really be L4D then.

>massive change to how infected is played as well, 4 infected players can easily kill a team of two or three survivors.
im thinking that the infected would do less damage to the survivors across the entire board, and maybe its a little more difficult to incapacitate a survivor entirely. i kind of like the idea of being able to fight back somewhat

>gas cans could be more widely used
totally agree, and they can be spead around the map and used on a variety of vehicles and areas to make travel easier. maybe make the maps bigger?

also maybe you dont have to carry the gas can in your hands?
>>
L4D was the beginning of the end of Valve. Fuck it.
>>
>>334755463
i was thinking that maybe, since we are throwing ideas around to change the series entirely, that instead of just having a group of 4 premade survivors, you could customize a character entirely from the ground up, with limitations of course.

and from there you can open chance boxes with credits you earn from playing the game and unlocking achievements and challenges, to unlock different articles of wear and skins for guns and such.

its not a refined idea, but its there.
>>
>>334751665
>this game is endless fun

Then why do you need a sequel?
>>
Never? The original devs, Turtle Rock, created Evolve as a spiritual successor.
>>
>>334756264
Meh, I honestly prefer to have default characters for us that can easily be characterized and be given a personality.

What about taking a page from Dark Souls and having the ability to leave messages to other players? One of my favorite bits of atmosphere in the game was the graffiti left behind by survivors, so what if you can make your own graffiti behind?
>>
>>334755930
I agree with making the maps bigger, making them more open would make it less robotic than it is which is a huge plus. Adding further upon that perhaps there could be the possibility to make deviations to the route to the safe house, where one route favors one play style over the other. Perhaps you would be faced with 2 diffrent routes to the safehouse halfway though the map, one more cramped and tight, favoring shotgun players and one more open letting rifles come into their own. Also perhaps the survivors could have the option to pick a more dangerous route, but that at the end or at the midway point yields better weaponry or health items. This last thing could be combined with the option to let the survivors achievements on the previous chapter matter on the next. Say you picked the more difficult route and got rewarded with a supply cache or something, bring that to the safe room and you get pills or auto snipers on the next map.

Something like this would have to be balanced carefully however, as one team getting tier 2 weapons while the other getting tier 1 would be too big of an advantage. Perhaps making the rifles a new tier 3, and making tier 2 weapons something else. Perhaps less damage, more inaccurate guns but still better than the standard SMG and pump shotguns.
>>
>>334756583
cans of spraypaint can be an obtainable item in game that must be searched out to collect and use.

a lot of various items could be placed collected into a universal inventory that can be used by your player throughout any run.

there are seriously so many possibilities that they n e v e r bothered to touch on.

>>334756430
i guess i didnt word that correctly. it was loads of fun that came to an end because they didnt truly complete their game.
>>
File: 1458097043328.png (494 KB, 549x718) Image search: [Google]
1458097043328.png
494 KB, 549x718
>>334751665
if they make a sequel you can bet your ass that they'll fill it to the brim with cosmetics and make it free to play
>>
>>334756583
I agree with keeping the default characters. If there is one thing I've noticed in my many hours of l4d it's that not once have i mistaken a infected for a survivor or vice versa. messing with this would be too much of a risk.

But adding to >>334756728 , perhaps survivors could also have classes? not predetermined mind you but like in cs:go we have the sniper, the rifler etc.

Make the guns less versatile but have their own distinct purpose.
>>
>>334756932
Nah, they tried with Portal 2 and it failed miserably.

Cosmetics exist to show off to strangers, not your friends.
>>
>>334757034
portal 2 was a mostly single player game but left for dead has pvp and co-op multiplayer
>>
>>334757341
>Playing L4D with strangers
That sounds terrible.
>>
>>334757415
my friends don't like shooters
>>
>>334756728
>deviations to the route to the safe house
absolutely, and possibly with small routes inbetween them to shift over if necessary. there will always be rewards though for choosing harder to navigate paths.

>survivors achievements on the previous chapter matter on the next
i touched on that earlier with collectibles you can earn throughout a match that you can then equip and carry out onto another match. the idea hasn been fleshed ;) out, but its a great idea to promote continuity.

>tiered weapons
there would have to be a much larger range of weaponry and more attachments than weve had in the L4D2. i think it could work very well though.

>>334757415
there are ways to make the experience better. L4D2 left a sour taste in our mouths about the multiplayer experience.
>>
>>334756471
But Evolve was PvP only and had the most stupid DLC.
>>
>>334757634
I'm happy to find such a like minded person, although i must say i disagree if you imply that what i do in one versus game should have an effect on another aside from cosmetics and shit.

Also in regards to spray paint and shit, it would be a cute little feature but many people would probably just write edgy shit like swastikas, and if survivors were waiting for 5 minutes at the start of every game drawing dicks and shit i would get irritated.

But in the end every idea should be discussed in order to improve the game.

>much larger range of weaponry
I agree completely, in l4d2 it has always been a very boring choice for me, it's either the AK or one of the auto shotguns which as far as I'm concerned are identical. Perhaps something like a silencer could be a cool addition. Adding further upon that only allowing one attachment at a time could be interesting game play wise, even if it makes no logical sense.
>>
New L4D needs to add some sort of punishment for ragequitting in versus, holy fuck. You can't win one match without the other side quitting instantly.
>>
>>334758468
That would be fucking glorious.
>>
They should also have the ability to play as one of the normal incredibly weak zombies with instant respawn while waiting to respawn as a special zombie..
>>
>>334758929
I have heard people say this many time before, but i can never bring myself to agree with it. It's absolutely pointless, you can have near zero impact on the game and getting killed instantly and shoved around can't be particularly fun anyhow.

Further that downtime should be used to plan ahead, scout for resources or take note of what the survivors are doing. If you're that god damn bored you can't sit and wait for 20 seconds and flying around the map not trying to hit things isn't enough then i honestly don't fucking know.
>>
>>334758323
> i must say i disagree if you imply that what i do in one versus game should have an effect on another aside from cosmetics and shit.
oh no, i definitely only meant cosmetics and the like, collectable spraycans you can use to tag the map would be one, im drawing a blank on other ideas but im sure there could be tons more. the spraypainting feature would be done on your own time, outside of matches. once in the match, if you have a spray can in your inventory you could just highlight a section of wall and activate the can, spraying instantly without wasting time. im spending too much time talking about this niche but fuck it

and as for the weapons, all things considered it seems like they spent an embarrassingly small amount of time with the weapons and how they function. there has to be a legitimate reason why you would select one gun from another, with absolutely NO gun that dominates all throughout the game. i almost want to say they should make ammo piles carry only specific types of rounds, so that you might have to switch weapons according to what you've found to be the more accessible ammo type for that particular run (maybe shells and slugs for one pile, mags and whatnot in another). as i type it, im realizing that just simply making an effort to balence the weapons would probably have a better effect, and just having slightly more weapons scattered throughout the map to promote switching and deciding on weapons more often. you know, to keep you on your toes.
>>
>>334759158
i agree on this entirely. maybe just maybe, the one thing i would advocate for is that you can use that 20 seconds to plan your spawn, so you arent just staring at a timer. and the ability to select which special infected you want to be (each one would have its own timer that counts down to when its usable, and of course if another infectedmate is using that one currently it would be unavailable)

of course, it will pick for you if you dont select something in the 20 allotted seconds
>>
File: 1452917048405.jpg (45 KB, 502x731) Image search: [Google]
1452917048405.jpg
45 KB, 502x731
>>334751665
>Asking for 3
>Valve
>>
>>334758929
No that should be added to No More Room In Hell once your fag teammates get you killed so you don't have to play switch for 20 minutes
>>
>>334751665
1 was the best but they made pretty much the whole game dlc on 2 so for that reason 2 is the best
>>
>>334760015
that must tell you just how incomplete the game really was if they can fit the entire first game into the DLC of the second.

man what i could do if i was given the opportunity to help make the 3rd game.
>>
Probably never. Valve doesn't make games at all anymore and Turtle Rock is on their death bed after Evolve
>>
>>334759328
In the end though regarding the spray cans there already is a feature shockingly close to what you are suggesting in the game already.

As for the weapons, i agree wholeheartedly. I think finding a pile of shells while not having a shotgun would be annoying however, but your idea definitely holds water if expanded upon. For example if maps were more open as we agreed upon eariler with diffrent routes, we could have the entire map favor rifles but have the risky route favor shotguns. This makes survivors question whether it is worth it or not to bring the shotguns through the map at a disadvantage to gain an advantage at the risky route. This would require no weapons spawning outside of the safe room however which i am extremely unsure about. Perhaps the saferoom could spawn these new tier 3 weapons, while only the not as effective tier 2 spawn outside of it?

>>334759680
I agree, accessing ghost mode quicker has no real disadvantage to game play as far as i can see. Selecting what infected you can play as well would also be a great addition, with obvious limitations (not allowing 4 chargers and such). Also some infected are stronger at certain maps, so if there was a de facto limited SI pool for each map driven by a "meta" i think that would be sad, so this would have to limited somehow so the infected players just don't chose the same over and over again.

Anyway, change of topic.

The witch, why is she so fucking boring and useless and how do we change her?
>>
/v/ L4D2 server when?
>>
Hopefully never.
There's literally nothing new they can add.
>>
>>334760161
if im paying for dlc it best be a whole fucking games worth!
>>
they should make a coop zombie game thats survival horror like the early resident evils except in 1st person,
>>
>>334751665
I'll probably be too busy playing Overwatch.
>>
File: 1392994000926.jpg (47 KB, 492x400) Image search: [Google]
1392994000926.jpg
47 KB, 492x400
>>334760390
>coop
>survival horror
These don't mix you fucking retard
>>
>>334751665
When the steam money dries up.
So no l4d3 or any valve game for that matter until gaming dies.
>>
>>334759779
they'd probably call it left for dead forever
>>
>>334752386
L4D3 isn't comin out m8

Just look at Half-Life 3

Valve doesn't make games anymore, they release Dota patches, and they can't even fucking do that in a timely manner
>>
>>334760245
This would be sweet, but something like a l4d2 general on /vg/ organizing games could suffice. that being said i don't think enough people on /v/ give a shit about l4d2 to make such a thing practical or worthwhile.
>>
>>334760213
>there already is a feature shockingly close to what you are suggesting in the game already.
i must be drawing a blank on this one..

>we could have the entire map favor rifles but have the risky route favor shotguns. This makes survivors question whether it is worth it or not to bring the shotguns through the map at a disadvantage to gain an advantage at the risky route.
love it, love the idea. it might be worth mentioning though that sometimes you might simply not be able to find the tier 2 or tier 1 shotgun, making that area a hotbed for you if you only were able to grab the tier 3 shotgun in your starting saferoom. i think there can be weapons in the saferoom but they will never be the most desirable weapons, and they definitely wont be static, so that everyone can just choose to grab the same weapon, no, if someone picks up the only available short range SMG or the tier 3 shotgun, then you're shit out of luck until you can find another weapon outside. that being said i fucking hate melee weapons.

>with obvious limitations (not allowing 4 chargers and such).
yep, only 1 (or possibly 2?) of an infected allowed in play at a time

>Also some infected are stronger at certain maps, so if there was a de facto limited SI pool for each map driven by a "meta" i think that would be sad
i actually think thats an outstanding idea

>The witch, why is she so fucking boring and useless and how do we change her?
holy shit just get rid of that trash. there are so many better possibilities for infected we can come up with.
>>
>>334751665
Once Valve starts being a developer again.
>>
>>334752256
CSGO
>>
I don't really follow valve stuff but aren't they working on a new source engine? Would it be safe to assume that they're waiting for that to be done so they can make the sequel on it?
>>
>>334761545
2012, released before Dota 2
>>
>>334761186
fuck man. a boy can dream
>>
>>334761562
Pretty sure they finished that like last year
>>
>>334761871
Source?
>>
Some kind of extensive exam that bans sperglords from kicking you for a missed charge
>>
>>334762172
Dota reborn
>>
>>334762172
No, Source 2.
>>
>>334751665
Valve doesn't make any 3 games
>>
>>334762447
>>334762447
that doesnt seem like an unbreakable rule
>>
>>334762536
That's what we all thought

But it's been nine years
>>
>>334761307
>i must be drawing a blank on this one
you can import custom sprays in the game and spray paint those in the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QboXbTjOJRI dropping along the first result from Google

not having the most desirable weapons in the saferoom is a good idea, and i must say upon further reflection it seems brilliant. This would reward exploration, which is always a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I think the game should limit it to one gun per "gun" though. Making it so finding one assault rifle doesn't let the whole team get one.

I we go with the diffrent routes encouraging diffrent playstyles however these guns you find in the map would have to be far enough from the split in paths so that the survivors have to make a sacrifice for the better chance and the more difficult route.

>get rid of that trash
Yeah... i must say i agree, she has very little potential and is only a slight inconvenience most of the time. And if she is in the middle of a narrow path the game separates the good from the bad players in a way i find almost unfair with how crowing doesn't translate to a meaningful skill anywhere else in the game.
I, for example consider myself a decent player, but i never practiced crowning. I find such a thing separating the winning team from the losing team to be bullshit.

>>334761869
>a boy can dream
well if this thread pick up enough space and discussion from enthusiasts, setting up a general and seeing how that goes would be easy.
>>
>>334763010
this game absolutely needs to get into the hands of a proper developer.
>>
Anyone have the Still Something To Prove achievement?
>>
>>334763371

shit was easy
>>
>>334761869
sounds like you dont even play dipshit. Plenty of fucking matches daily git gud faggot.
>>
>>334763736
did you get it offline or online
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QboXbTjOJRI
lel holy shit okay neverMIND that shit

>This would reward exploration
i cringe seeing all those completely empty rooms in 1 & 2, with the ideas we have here alone we can utilize proper exploration. and yeah thats kind of what i was saying in my last post, only one use out of a weapon on the map, if every survivor on both teams were using different weapons, that would be ideal.

weapon switching would be much more common anyways, so painful decisions would be aplenty.

and as for the witch, i think the only time that its even remotely useful is when it can be used as a major downside of using a particular route on a given run. for that to happen, it would need to be more difficult to kill, without the certain death that accompanies startling it. i just think there are far better ways of forcing alternate routes on a whim.

i actually consider myself to be a less than decent player all around

>a boy can dream
keeping the general alive would require at least 20 very active posters, do you think we could ever muster than many?
>>
File: Dumb Frogposter.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Frogposter.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>Join game
>"Sry we're waiting for a friend"
>Kicked
>Eventually bind a button to kill myself for when this happens for the umpteenth time
>>
>>334764361
Not him, but I got it while playing with friends. If you post your steam account and set it to public, a friend of mine and I can join. We'll help you get to the end of whatever campaign it is, then teamkill you on the last level and camp the saferoom until you leave.
>>
>>334764005
ehh im completely burnt out on L4D2 right now anyways so there is some merit to your shitpost.

i would definitely be a part of a successful general though if it were possible and definitely play a few games with you guys
>>
>>334764438
>>334763189
>>
>>334764438
>was saying in my last post
My apologies, i am getting rather sleepy so my attention span isn't at it's best.
As for the witch, yeah i agree. It's just a bad mechanic overall.

As for the general, i'm too lazy to manage such a thing but if anyone were to take a jab at it i would certainly post quite a bit there and participate in the games.

>>334764490
It's annoying when people don't make their games private.
>>
>>334751665
>Valve
>making games
>>
>>334764558
>implying I dont already have it
>playing on steam

holy cringe. I found it pretty hard considering I started the game late and no one would stay long enough to complete the campaigns online, and the shit computers would bring me down in single player.
>>
>>334751665
I could not imagine Killing Floor 2 being more dead than it is right now, but that shit would do it
>>
>>334764974
im thinking about starting a general up on /vg/ possibly later this week. if you really will be an active poster, keep an eye out for it.

and same, im running on no sleep myself but this has been a very amusing discussion, anon, and i thank you very much for your time and ideas.
>>
A new game is unnecessary, I would come back immediately if they just fixed a few things in versus.
-no more votekicking unless they are afk
-disable friendly fire
-remove nerfs from Hunter
-Spitter does same damage no matter if survivor is standing or incapacitated
-no health packs, only 4 pill bottles spawn on each map
-increased volume and frequency of hordes
-special infected spawn time cut to 5-10 seconds
-only 2 throwables spawn on each map
-tier 1 weapons only
-remove invisible walls that inhibit special infected spawn points
>>
>>334765747
likewise, anon. Perhaps we will be playing later this week or this weekend if you make the general.
>>
>>334752256
The game is still in beta they haven't even finished porting the heroes yet...
>>
>>334751665
I prefer Vermintide, but yeah, I'd play a new L4D if they did something interesting with it.
>>
>>334751665
Will all 4 characters be black ppl this time?
>>
>>334765248
>>implying I dont already have it
Ah, I assumed you were >>334762491
>>
>valve
>developing games

Out of the last three titles they published (all of which are at least 8 years old by now) two were not developed internally, and the studios responsible no longer work with Valve.
>>
>>334765862
no man, that all would not work in the long term, you need a total overhaul, which a new game could promise.
>>
I tried to really get into the Left 4 Dead games but they're so linear and monotone they lose their attraction really quickly.

There's only 2 things to ever do - Kill zombies, and run to the next checkpoint.

New maps sort of refresh the experience but the game is basically a walking simulator with point and click mechanics.

Why would you want a third?
>>
File: Half Life 3.jpg (52 KB, 848x469) Image search: [Google]
Half Life 3.jpg
52 KB, 848x469
Yeah bro, it will be so sweet
>>
>>334751665
>Left 4 Dead

Eww, never again. That game is the very definition of what is wrong with the Survival Horror genre.
>>
>>334766249
read the lengthy discussion ITT for all the ideas why we might want a third one.
>>
>>334766249
play versus
>>
>>334766359
It's not a survival horror game though. Well not in the traditional sense. It's a Coop Survival horde mode with objectives game.

It could be cool if we didnt have maps but instead giant cities with moving objectives, like in the Left 4 Dead trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOGCZPDv7g
>>
>>334766523
this guy gets it

this game is not really a survival horror game the way The Last of Us or Resident Evil is.
>>
>>334765915
Do you remember?

Do you remember when everyone joked that we'd still be porting original Dota heroes by 2016?

What the fuck have we become?
>>
So looking through this thread got me wanting a new game. Especially with the overhauls some anons were talking about.
The gist I gather is like this
>open map, non-linear
>Survivor's goal is to reach safety
>multiple ways to accomplish this (radio for helicopter, fix up a boat) with different tasks involved (objectives scattered throughout the map)
>Infected goal is to eat survivors

Sounds almost like Helldivers to me, but with versus mode. Not that I'd dislike that, I'd probably like it a lot.
>>
>>334768286
also have to include that the 4 or 6 survivors are split down the middle spawning away from eachother into 2 smaller teams, with one objective being to find the other team
>>
>>334752334
Make it ranked so more skilled players are paired with more skilled players that dont dick around.
>>
bumpin
>>
>>334752256
The Lab. It released 13 days ago.
>>
>>334771673
They released one game that's not really a game but rather a tech demo for VR after three years since the last one, and being completely truthful it'd be four years since Dota 2 was the most played game on steam well before it was released
>>
I like the overhaul ideas bantered around ITT.

I reckon Valve also needs to bring these game-changing overhauls in tandem with a more engaging story than just running through scenarios that don't change the world they're in.

While L4D has never been all that story heavy, having something more world changing story-wise would really help to freshen up the series and allow for more variations of infected, survivors, perhaps even factions.

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army has done a good job of amping up their ridiculous story, which is pretty lightly exposited, but where you still have some actual narrative force in having the world react to your actions and goals.
>>
>>334752257
what? over 10,000 people still play it
>>
what Valve needs to do is fix the fucking vote system
there is no reason if i'm hosting a match I shouldn't have total say of who gets to stay or not
when 2 motherfuckers are griefing I can't do shit to remove them, and this happens frequently
>>
>>334772651
I was thinking more in terms of getting friends and people i actually want to play with join. Not random strangers.
>>
>>334773098
ah, yeah I feel you, I can definitely get my gf and maybe one friend to join me
but no one else, I think most people are just burnt out, the game is 7 years old after all.
>>
>>334773189
yup, it's a shame such a damn good game is left for dead. Hopefully that one anon makes the general and it goes well, because i'm tired of playing with russian ragers.
>>
>>334773350
you really don't have anyone to play with man?
I mean I can play the game at like any point, it's one of those games I flat out love, but jesus it's really been 7 years, we need a third one.
>>
>>334761545
>A mod of Half Life they bought the rights to
>>
>>334773594
i can get games going in the weekends, but i struggle outside of those. and yeah, time flew by fast. Considering how every other multilayer game by valve has gotten a lot of love recently i think l4d deserves some as well.
>>
Considering they fucked up HARD with Evolve, I doubt ever.

Also would you play a L4D game where you had to pay extra to be the tank in versus?
>>
File: l4d.jpg (132 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
l4d.jpg
132 KB, 1600x1000
>>334751665
Its gunna get comp mode and gun skins.

Hats/gloves for the infected
>>
>>334773853
I think the problem is L4D hasn't had an update since like 2012
the last big thing was workshop support which I guess was to cover their bases (there are alot of good fucking workshop mods/skins/maps/etc. But nothing official.
>>
>>334761545
They hired somebody else to make CSGO.
>>
File: face.jpg (152 KB, 350x493) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
152 KB, 350x493
>>334760618
>being too young to experience the magic
>being a bitch nigga
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.