[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endless Legends Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Story_Image_1.png (353 KB, 616x340) Image search: [Google]
Story_Image_1.png
353 KB, 616x340
Just finished the tutorial! Any idea what to do next to learn the game?
>>
Play either Broken Lords or Wild Walkers on an easy difficulty. Broken Lords are more overpowered in the late game, but they start a bit sluggish. You don't have to worry about foot with them, but this might give you some bad habits. Wild Walkers are the least gimmicky and simple of all factions and pretty strong in general.
>>
Play wild walkers on the lowest difficulty, do whatever, then move on to higher difficulties. Vaulters, wild walkers and drakken are the easiest to play.
>>
>>334741649
>>334742953
Alright! I'll try out the Wild Walkers then! What faction do you guys prefer?
>>
>>334743357
I only played Broken Lords, Wild Walkers and Necrophages so far, learning the game by playing those. Had fun with all of them, but got a bit tired of constant warfare with the Bugs.
>>
>>334741339
Can anyone rec a good resource for learning the basic strategy for each race?

Also, how's the new expansion?
>>
>>334743747
Hmm, the bugs seemed cool but if they're so hard to play..hmm
>>
I really liked this compared to Civ 5. But like all of these types of strategy games, after the first 50 or so turns, it always turns into the same thing and becomes monotonous.

Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>334744412
They are not that hard to play, you just have to know how units and battles work. Because that's all they are good for.
>>
I have a really hard time with 4X games after playing grand strategy, because it just feel like a race to the finish instead of just being about you leading a prosperous civilization, alongside or against others trying to do the same.
>>
>>334744591
maybe its not your type of game anon
>>
>>334744591
Ever thought about playing a different faction?
>>
>>334746581
>>334747325

Maybe...

I do really enjoy playing like one or two games that last for hours on hours. After that, it loses it's appeal I guess. I have over 8 hours played in Endless Legend, that only includes the tutorial and my first game. I played as the Vaulters. Had a lot of fun. Tried another game as a different faction (forget name) and somewhere between like turn 50-100 it felt no different than what I just did. Turns seem to matter less and less as you gain more and more. My turns consisted of just making sure all my queues were full and just clicking through turns to get a victory over with since it was pretty much set in stone at that point and I just needed to wait it out.

The early turns when just starting out are the most fun I think. When still exploring, you only have 1 or 2 cities. Each move and building/science feels important. I wish there was a way to make the game feel like that most of the time.
>>
>>334747609
this
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.