[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh item description based story telling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: hackazaki.jpg (86 KB, 764x573) Image search: [Google]
hackazaki.jpg
86 KB, 764x573
>muh item description based story telling
>>
File: ds_story.jpg (120 KB, 717x708) Image search: [Google]
ds_story.jpg
120 KB, 717x708
>>
>>334740042
Git gud xD
>>
it works well with atmosphere and cohesive worlds but I feel like dark souls 3 falls flat in those areas where as demons, ds1 and bloodborne did so well.
>>
>>334741510
Original games have a cohesive world that revolves around an main idea. Sequels just copy the superficial parts of the first game trying to reinvent it while forgetting about a central theme.
>>
The whole point is that the story is as expansive as you want it to be. If you don't give a shit about a story you can just run through the game and kill the fuck out of everything, but if you want to know as much about the world on the lore as you can, you can do the exploring and research every little bit of info and really get a great understanding of the world, the rituals, where people come from, beliefs, all that shit. It is literally up to you to decide how important the story is.
>>
>>334742473
Also I think it's similar to the gameplay in that the game expects you to figure out shit for yourself instead of holding your hand with it.
>>
>>334740042
>muh trivializing everything '>muh'-maymay
>>
File: Rebruary 2016.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Rebruary 2016.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>334740212
he's right you know

kept you waiting, huh?
>>
>>334740212

spoony is such an idiot

he's also reeaaally terrible at vidya
>>
>>334740042
>>334740212

lore =/= story

idiots
>>
>>334743260
He's right in the sense that the Souls series tells its story in a very indirect way and he doesn't like that, but any claims to there being no story telling or that the way the Souls series is objectively bad is laughable at best.
>>
>>334743518
This.

It's not so much the story of the game as it is the lore of the world. There's a difference, and a huge one.
>>
File: 1446744934347.jpg (46 KB, 525x540) Image search: [Google]
1446744934347.jpg
46 KB, 525x540
>>334740212
being a contrarian to generate clicks sure works for him
>>
>>334740212
Man, he's desperately trying to cling to relevancy.
>>
>>334743260

He's not right because story and lore are two completely different things.

He's also worse at Dark Souls than DSP.
He then shits on the game because he's terrible at it.
>>
>>334740212
God I'll be glad when the first generation of ecelebs are all dead due to substance abuse and suicide.
>>
>>334743791
he's always been an idiot trying to stir up controversy with non-issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0zHbNzEGWA
>>
>>334741510
>>334741909
All the games are the same.
>muh cycle of doom
>terminate or continue?
The fucking end. That's it for the entire series with a partial exception of DaS II's dlcs purporting to have something else that might possibly be possible via the crowns.
>>
>>334743518

/thread
>>
it worked pretty well in DS1 and BB. all you had to do was explore the world, read some stuff, and listen to the NPCs, and you could easily figure everything out pretty quickly. it doesnt work in DS3, there just isnt enough information to draw any conclusions from. entire areas and characters are left without any kind of explanation
>>
>>334744472

That's because DS3 is Pander Souls.

Who needs explainations when you have references?!

Can't wait for ENB to rip it apart.
>>
>implying you fags would have any clue what's happening without lore fags doing the work for you on YouTube
>>
>>334740212
How the mighty have fallen.

This guy was hot shit when the first generation of gaming videos came out, now he can't even get retweets and favorites in to the double digits.
>>
>>334745141

fuck off vaati
>>
>>334745395
Prove me wrong and detail DaS3 right now
>>
>>334744472
The main reason it doesn't work in DS3 is because they put 0 effort in the lore and instead decided to go for max pandering. I mean, who cares about designing new stuff, let's just give the meme kids gear from all the DS1 bosses and NPCs so they roleplay as Solaire or Havel and spam praise the sun everywhere.
>>
>>334745459

references

you're not milking video ideas out of me you faggot
>>
>>334745141
Hi vaati, shouldn't you be in /dsg/?
>>
>muh pander souls

when will this meme end
>>
>>334745141
Maybe for Dark Souls, but Bloodborne is actually pretty clear with a lot of stuff. Only The One Reborn is a confusing mess.
>>
>>334743962
I hope he was self-aware in his reviews
>playing as a crossdresser is as emotionally scarring as jpop
>>
>muh yazaki
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.