[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here playing Reboot? It's pretty fun so far. I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: MapleStory_Reboot.png (78 KB, 480x200) Image search: [Google]
MapleStory_Reboot.png
78 KB, 480x200
Anyone here playing Reboot? It's pretty fun so far. I really like how you can buy inv expansions and character slots in the ingame shops. Not looking forward to the constant gear grinding and scrolling shit around 140 though.
>>
If you aren't botting you aren't making progress
I hit 1.2 mil on my Lumi and eventually got banned, even after I got unbanned I never went back

Waiting for Dawnveil now
>>
File: 1372359419972.png (252 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1372359419972.png
252 KB, 511x428
Waiting for MS2
>>
>>334732487
This game has been rebooted so many god damn times. I miss pre big bang MS.
>>
I thought about giving it a try, especially now that the private server I played on got shut down, not that I was really playing on it anymore. How fast is the leveling? Slow grind used to be my biggest issue with the game, which is why I switched to private (and to avoid P2W of course).
As I understand it, official servers often restrict shit like which jobs you can create at certain times. Are such limitations present here, or anything similar?
>>
>>334732608
>caring that much about range
>not just logging in for daily bosses and maining lower leveled characters when you get to ~150

>>334733348
Maybe it'll actually be fun but it doesn't look very good. Great soundtrack though.
>>
>>334733572
>Maybe it'll actually be fun but it doesn't look very good.
Man at this point I don't even care.
I just wanna play with you guys since I know there will be a /v/ craze.
>>
>>334732487
It's fun until you reach Chaos Root Abyss. After that, there's nothing really worth doing.
>>
>lf maple gf
>>
>>334733549
It's alright I guess, I got to level 42 in a couple of hours last night and I wasn't grinding very efficiently. Can't really say for sure, it's been a long time since I last did any real leveling, but I can get like one level per day on my main just from doing bosses.

>>334733435
Same, but no private servers really do it justice. My favorite so far has been NightSoul and my whole group hated it because of 1/1/1 rates
>>
>>334732487
Friend and I stopped playing months ago when we broke 170.
The magic died so long ago.
>>
>>334733767
>tfw know someone that actually got together with someone from maple
>might get married

weeb games
>>
>>334733810
>my whole group hated it because of 1/1/1 rates
People are too used to how easy it is to level now. It used to take fucking ages and you could sell your high level account for actual money.
>>
>>334733549
Leveling is fine, but there's only like 3 viable areas to grind mesos in Reboot, which is where all your damage is going to come from. Reboot doesn't have Zero at all and never will(not even KMS has Zero in reboot), and Beast Tamer is locked most of the time, with an event to make one every once and a while
>>
Arriving at 150 is like hitting a steel wall, fuck this game.
>>
I've hit absolute end game content.

2m2m clean range and I'm able to do weekly hmag/empress/cra & cvel with friends. It's still fun to me.

I'm taking it easy now on farming until I can get new equipments to cube. Hellux won't drop me a superior pendant and I didn't get a fafnir weapon from last 2x event, so I have to farm coins now in the next upcoming patch.
>>
>>334732487
>still no news on Maple2
Why doez Korea keep the most interesting mmos to themselves
>>
>>334734195
How much money did you have to spend on that?
>>
>>334734461
He playing Reboot so the only money he can spend is on pets and cosmetic
>>
>>334733978
People are too focused on leveling in general. They never want to just fuck around and take it easy or explore, which is like half of what made old Maple great.
>>
>>334734525
You don't buy cubes and stuff with real money on Reboot? I'm still new to the server, I don't really know how a lot of it works.
>>
>>334734047
Luckily I don't care about those jobs.

>>334733810
I understand experience and such are increased in exchange for stronger enemies. Depending on how it balances out, I doubt I can stay interested for long if the rates are as they were when I last played on an official server. I only ever got to 120 which took weeks if not months. On a private server you could get past 100 in a day with little effort, after which it slowed down.
>>
>>334734697
No, you can't buy anything to increase your range on reboot. They didn't even let you buy the keys for the recent Red Leaf High event.

The only thing you can buy on Reboot are pets and their skills, and cosmetics(none of which are permanent)
>>
>>334734816
No one cares about Beast Tamer, but she has one of the best link skills in the game, so it's worth leveling to 120 when she comes around
>>
>>334734580
Fug I'm getting nostalgic about it now. What are you playing these days?
>>
>>334734954
I see, but I'm not sure I have the patience to level a second character to 120 if the experience rates are too low.
>>
>>334734961
Just GMS very casually. I wouldn't mind going back to a pre-BB PS, but I know how it'd turn out. People always want higher rates and/or spend all their time on the server leveling and get burnt out, then the group is dead.
>>
>>334734461
I've spent ~$100 on reboot on pets and cosmetics.

Even though you can upgrade your equips without paying any money, you definitely would want a pet or two, with pet skills on your meso farmer for maximum efficiency
>>
>>334735708
So where do you get the upgrade stuff besides star force/spell traces?
>>
>>334735953
You don't get scrolls. Instead, you get a beginner skill that adds +1% dmg every 2 levels and increases meso drop rates to 5x. You buy cubes/stamps/inventory slots/etc in npc shops.
>>
>>334732487
Played it for a while, but edged out of it. Wonder if I'm still in that /v/-/vg/ alliance, or if I got kicked out. Or if it just imploded, like those always seem to do.
>>334733348
This, now.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.