[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROGUE LEGACY THREAD MOTHERFUCKERS, EVERYBODY GET IN HERE >FAVORITE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
ROGUE LEGACY THREAD MOTHERFUCKERS, EVERYBODY GET IN HERE

>FAVORITE CLASS
>FAVORITE TRAIT
>FAVORITE SPELL
>FAVORITE LEVEL
>>
I tried to play this on my laptop and it was so slow. Not bad fps, like the whole game was at 1/20th the speed.
>>
>>334728432
Playing gungeon has actually made me want to put some time into this again, I think I like the shinobi or whatever the upgraded assassin thing was
>>
I absolutely loved this

Has there been anything else from the developer?
>>
>>334729665
>Has there been anything else from the developer?
http://www.kongregate.com/games/rete/dont-shit-your-pants
>>
One of the rare games I bothered to 100%. Kinda mad that my save is not there anymore, though, I don't really want to do it all over again.
>>
File: Rogue Legacy_20160408221000.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Legacy_20160408221000.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
>NG
barbarian because I'm a pussy and need a large pool of health, pic related my last barb on PS4
>NG+
assassin, dem crits are starting to work well
>NG+10
lich, NEED MORE CROWS

Maya area the best, forest bore me and abyss is scary

And I swear if I get that farting trait one more time... Fav trait is any vision related one, want them nerdy glasses
>>
>>334729764
t-thanks
>>
WHO /CROW LICH/ HERE
>>
File: 1333708399605.png (3 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1333708399605.png
3 KB, 210x230
>>334730810
>Total Children: 7
>Total play time: 4 minutes

nigga I'm on like child #200 and I've been playing for hours. I just recently beat the giant eye boss and I can't even make it through the forest yet.
>>
>>334731530
Max strength Hokage will Blood Armor goes to fucking town.
>>
>>334731530
that's 4 hours, not 4 minutes

and I've been doing a lot of runs from scratch for fun since it gets old when you're all setup and maxed

was almost 6 children but I fucked up while fighting the fountain and had to do 1 more
>>
>>334731662
..there are people that can beat this in like under 20m though, or even do it deathless

but I'm certainly not them

I just tried to get the most out of every runs and keeping low risk while I get as much gold as possible
>>
File: Rogue Legacy_20160408180424.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Legacy_20160408180424.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
>>334732197
my last Sir Lee did his best getting 4.6k, shame he didn't get to kill a boss

too scared to mess with the eyeball without at least a vault or sprint rune
>>
>>334730810

How do you even become strong enough within 7 children?
>>
>>334730810
Don't talk to me or my children ever again.
>>
>>334732912
optimize your runs for gold, avoid / rushpast dangerous rooms, leave the riskiest stuff for last so that you can be okay dying on it

But if you git gud you're technically strong enough from the start -- every runs is just about making it easier.

On PS4 there's even a trophy for doing it with 15 or less
>>
>favorite class
Scythe Spellsword

Every other answer is wrong.
>>
HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT WE TAKE THAT SUB-GENRE THAT IS ALL ABOUT INDIVIDUAL SKILL AND LACK OF GRINDING AND MAKE IT ALL ABOUT GRINDING INSTEAD
>>
Does anyone use the dragon class? (I think that's what it called, it's been a while)
I could never get used to it
>>
>>334732197
It is possibke to beat the game with sir Lee.
Though you could probably beat the game normally in the same time frame it takes Lee to beat Ponce or Herodotus
>>
>>334728432

What's so special? Did it update or something?
>>
>he didn't beat the remix bosses, not even the ultra easy Neo Khidr
>>
>>334734998
it's shit, whenever I replay I make sure to never unlock it just so it doesn't show up in the selection
>>
File: 20160414153142_1.jpg (206 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
20160414153142_1.jpg
206 KB, 1360x768
>>334728432
It's funny you want to talk about this (dead) (old) game, I 100%'ed it last week. Pic is me after mocking the traitor.

My relationship with Rogue Legacy is interesting, since at one point while playing the game I absolutely hated it. I thought it -needed- grinding (boring grind, while at it), and I absolutely despised that. Before meeting Johannes for the first time I was perfectly adapted to all the enemies and could clear all rooms in an area before the boss, and felt confident. After finishing my first playthrough and goint to NG+ all that confidence went to shit and the game cockslapped me hard.
That slap was even harder on NG+2

Rogue Legacy is the exact formula of any hard-as-shit game: there's no grinding involved if you git gud. You can finish a first playthrough without grinding at all, just dying once in a while to spend all that gold from bosses and castle clears. At that, I think the game has great design since you can either turtle your way in getting hit by almost everything and gaining minimum gold using the architect to reach the bosses in latter games, or you can become aware of the enemies' patterns and dodge like a ballerina and hit fast - either playstyle is valid and while, a lot of people absolutely hate the first one (rightfully so), it's doable. You could say it's a gitgud or gohome kind of game, and maybe is its greatest fault.

The remixed enemies are the crown jewel of this game, for me. They involve understanding of the classes, jumps and dashes, and understanding of the boss environment and the boss' movements. Johannes remix is a bit of a letdown, but the rest of them are great to fight and require absolute mastery of said the classes and bosses mechanics. Alexander Remix is one of my biggest achievements in vidya.
>>
>>334736903
>ultra easy
>not Astrodotus
Systematic destroy of each part and you can no-hit it without problem
>>
>>334740010
that one is so boring that I tend to forget it existed
>>
File: 1460683753820.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1460683753820.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>334736903
>tfw glitched Alexander to beat him
>>
I loved this game. One that I can easily pick up and play any time.
>>
Any other games out there similar to this one?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.