[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some quality of life features all games should have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: vidya games.png (70 KB, 651x509) Image search: [Google]
vidya games.png
70 KB, 651x509
what are some quality of life features all games should have? besides dialogue skipping and cutscene skipping, i think there should be some sort of journal system that where if the game detects you starting the game again after not having played the game for weeks/months/years/etc, it gives you a little notice showing what you were doing and what you need to do next
>>
Is this a game ?
>>
>>334722284
yes
>>
>>334722284
No
>>
>>334722284
maybe
>>
>>334722284
I don't know
>>
>>334723487
>>334723568
>>334723638
The pain
>>
>>334722284
Can you repeat the question?
>>
Individual voice sliders.
>>
>>334723741
A GAME OR JUST A PIC ?
>>
>>334723912
it might be
>>
Memes : On [Off]
>>
>>334721968
put the tutorial in the menu, not in the main game itself at the start
make the tutorial a list, where you pick the thing you want to learn/practice and not have to do the entire thing
>>
Loading screen minigames
>>
>you don't have to restart the game for these changes to take effect
>>
File: polnareff right on the money.png (40 KB, 648x515) Image search: [Google]
polnareff right on the money.png
40 KB, 648x515
>>334723912
it's a fangame called 7th stand user
>>
>>334721968
Fuck yes. Wanted that for a decade or more now. Include the option to go through a no-xp fight to relearn how to play for JRPGs since they throw a bunch of shit midway that isn't complex exactly but odds are you've forgotten.

Cutscenes should be skippable AND pausable.

Now that the copyright expired all games with loading screens longer than about 15 seconds should have minigames. Can be simple as pong but give me something. Though loading screens are mostly becoming a thing of the past.
>>
>>334724491
>Though loading screens are mostly becoming a thing of the past.

not for western garbage coded game by Canada idiots like XCOM2 and others
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.