[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is nobody respecting "no estus in duels" rule?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 144455.1458827095.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
144455.1458827095.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Why is nobody respecting "no estus in duels" rule? Im not invading, im leaving a fucking red sign on a floor, you are summoning me and you have 50% more flasks than me. Dont be a fucking dick.
>>
>>334720248
>rule
>>
most people seem to respect it at the Kiln
>>
MUH HONOR
fuck off fedora
>>
>>334720248
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334720248
A combination of newfags who don't know the meta and people summoning dark spirits thinking they are warriors of sunlight or whatever and trying to get to the next area.

Ive had some good duels in the area right before the final boss and some areas in NG+, so it does get better, though still an issue with the PVP currently (unlike the people who complain about getting ganked while PVPing in this games forest hunter covenant forest.)
>>
yeah theyre chugging on me too, i still refuse to chug though and still beat most of them
>>
>>334720248

>fighting a boss
>I go to take a drink of estus and HE FUCKING HITS ME

WHAT THE FUCK FROM? That's not fair! Why wasn't he respectiing the rule? Such bullshit. Geneva convention for DS3 FUCKING WHEN!?!?!
>>
File: 1460085662193.jpg (57 KB, 516x339) Image search: [Google]
1460085662193.jpg
57 KB, 516x339
>>334720248
>>
>>334720417
>>334720716
I don't think you understand, OP is not complaining about rules of invasions or whatever, these are signs made specifically for duels, fair and square.
>>
>>334720797
>dueling with randoms instead of /dsg/ fight clubs
you asked for this, retard
>>
>>334720797
And who said there's no Estus in duels?
>>
>>334721065
its common etiquete, its not forced and you can break it, but that just makes you an asshole.
>>
>>334720797

Yeah because the average guy really gives a shit about some honorable duel. For all you know he doesn't even know about the "rules" of these little duels. I don't see anything wrong with DS3 dueling, but getting upset when someone doesn't follow your made-up rules is like having imaginary battles with your friends as a kid and then getting upset when you cast a fireball at your friend but that fucker acts like it missed him. Fuck you Jeremy, I hit you in the chest with that fireball point black.

Anyways, just do what >>334720876 said and duel with other people that are actually involved in the community.
>>
>>334721164
You can stick your gaytiquette up your bunghole desu
>>
>>334721065
Obviously not, since one side is going to have an inherent advantage to the other - that's not how a fucking duel works.
>>
>>334720248
I've found a few who don't, but usually I find a 1v1 and think it's going to be a duel and they summon some phantoms.
>>
The general consensus is, if invading, chug if host chugs, if invaded, if you chug don't be anal if invader chugs himself.

Also on uneven invasions it's free for all, chug at will.

Expecting people to be honorable is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
I don't give a fuck what happens in a 1v1 since we're both trying to win with the tools we have.

However fuck gank squads, that's the real shit in this game. I got summoned into one and the other guys were just giving no mercy to the poor guy. Fuck that shit, black crystal out if that happens.
>>
>>334720248
do what i do when they start chugging. have them hit you a few times to lure them into a false sense of security, and then make a beeline for the mobs.

gets 'em every time.

if they're going to be a "wat rules xd" faggot then they can lie in the bed they made.
>>
File: 1361672398667.jpg (81 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1361672398667.jpg
81 KB, 500x368
>>334721065
>watch someone chug all of their estus in one go
>dont do the same
you cant have gotten an ember and be so retarded you dont understand what that means
>>
this is my buddies first souls game and he tried out pvp for the first time yesterday at the cathedral.

He thought not chugging made sense when I told him about it, but its not like the game spells out player-created etiquette for the shitloads of newcomers its brought in.
>>
>>334720248
I don't get why people say sorceries are bad I just ran through the tutorial area as melee and a mage and the mage was so much quicker and easier
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.