[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes Metal Gear Rising work as a Metal Gear game that MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: MGS Final Bosses.png (1000 KB, 990x628) Image search: [Google]
MGS Final Bosses.png
1000 KB, 990x628
What makes Metal Gear Rising work as a Metal Gear game that MGSV lacks?
>>
Its actually fun
>>
Silly monologues and comedically heavy plot morals.

I don't think V was trying to teach me anything besides not to get fooled by good trailers.
>>
MGR is fun
>>
An actual story with a beginning, middle, and end.
>>
Shouldn't PW final boss be Paz
>>
Dealt with themes still relevant to MGS, actually had a full story/plot progression
>>
It's a Metal Gear game, not Zone of The Enders Metal Gear romhack.
>>
Over the top plot that still tied in well to the rest of the story, enemy dense environment, good music, worked as a self-contained story.
>>
personality
>>
>>334717809
Paz pilots it, but you don't fight a tiny girl with your fists.
>>
>>334719420
you should have
>>
over the top silly bullshit

mgsv was too srs and dark

mgr got edgy but it still had that silly flair to it
>>
>>334717397
Aside from the over-the-top-ness, nothing.
>>
>>334717397
Cool bosses with character

An ending
>>
didn't take itself too seriously, still visually Metal Gear, didn't fuck with how the games are presented (the shakey cam shit and the episodes...) and generally campy over the top insanity.

V was a huge tonal shift from 1-4, sure 2 was a serious plot game but it was full to the brim with camp, V couldn't juggle like 2 could and it showed.

also, and this is key, V is not a finished game, gameplay wise or plot wise,and it shows, there is an ENTIRE CHAPTER cut from V.
>>
If you could add one plot twist to MGSV what would it be?

I would have revealed that Venom really is Big Boss after everything else in the game was shown, and that Liquid Snake and Solid Snake aren't actually clones but child soldiers who were brainwashed into being like Big Boss.
>>
File: ltuSAfe.jpg (163 KB, 1497x615) Image search: [Google]
ltuSAfe.jpg
163 KB, 1497x615
>>
>>334717397
It doesn't. MGR feels like a Platinum game through and through. It feels markedly less like a Metal Gear game than V.
>>
MGR was better written then MGSV
>>
>>334719420
You should be able to cqc paz and give her your venom snake
>>
Its because MGR wasn't made by Kojima.
>>
>>334721678
I have played mgs 1,2,3 rising and 5 and I don't get what you faggots keep talking about venon, big Boss, etc. For me it is snake, that's it.
>>
>>334721678
Venom is Big Boss and the horn is causing him severe hallucinations; The Skulls and Volgin being part of them. Finally revealing that Skull Face is is actually just a hallucination, a manifestation of all the hatred Big Boss has for Zero. Throughout the game Skull Face's purpose is to egg Big Boss on, pushing him closer to the edge until he breaks.
Parasites are non-existant. XOF is a PMC owned by Zero.
>>
>>334717397
MGR follows a MGS formula
>Some kind of enemy group with funky games and personalities that you boss fight 1 on 1 throughout the game
>Big metal gear fight at the end followed up by a 1 on 1 human fight
>butt loads of codec shit and easter eggs
>weird political commentary stitched up with slapstick
the only crazy difference between MGS1-4 and MGR was gameplay genre. MGSV had then same gameplay genre, but eeeeeeeeverythign else about the game was different from 1-4
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.