[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>After years of selling games, GameStop is going to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>After years of selling games, GameStop is going to start publishing them.
>GameStop is launching GameTrust, an independent publishing label will fund, market, and publish five to 10 independent games over the next 12 months, according to Mark Stanley, vice president of internal development and diversification at GameStop.
>“We’re now hearing more and more from our gamer base—we have an average of 46 million Power up Rewards customers, plus we have about 64 million individual gamers coming to our stores—that they’d like better access and better guidance into the world of independent games,” Stanley says.
>“Our focus is going to be console, PC, and VR, and we’re concentrating on that sweet spot of games that’s usually ignored by most of the publishing world—it’s these $0 to $15 million budget games,” Stanley says. “These are what we’re calling in the industry ‘AAA’ indie games. They’re mostly dream projects that studios never had the support to do because they’re smaller games. We’re able to take bigger risks either on through art style or creative or gameplay. And we’re able to combine it with GameStop’s access and assets to find a bigger audience, whether it’s physical or digital.”

Based GameStop
>>
>indie game
>publisher
am I missing something
>>
>>334716645
GAMING FUCKSTOP
>>
>>334716645

Neat. I love GameStop. There's literally no reason to shop at any other online or physical retailer now that they’re bringing us great indie games!
>>
>half the game is gamestop pre-order dlc
>>
>>334716645
>GameTrust
>Game Trust
>Trust

top kek. Im supposed to "Trust" gamestop now?
>>
How is it an indie game if it has a publisher?
>>
>>334716645
>46M pur members
>out of 64M customers
They get shit on for it but damn those cashills are putting in work
>>
>>334716719
>>334717097
I guess what they really mean is that they won't interfere with development and will let the devs keep the ip.
>>
RIP Limited Run Games
>>
>>334716921
Look at my tiny arms.
GODDAMN!
I still love you kip.
>>
>more 8-bit knockoffs ripping off of nostalgia
>Another rogue lite game
Another story driven click bait walking simulator

When will it end
>>
>even the shitty indies will have gamestop preorder bonuses
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.