[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the weekend over, Who won?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: overborn.jpg (133 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
overborn.jpg
133 KB, 720x405
With the weekend over,

Who won?
>>
>>334705408
The shareholders.
>>
>>334705408
Considering Overwatch never bothered to enter the competition, it's obviously Battleborn.
>>
Ur mum lol
>>
File: 1460397903745.jpg (142 KB, 771x774) Image search: [Google]
1460397903745.jpg
142 KB, 771x774
>>334705589
>He wasnt invited
>>
The ones that didn't play.
>>
is battleborn beta over? I didn't get a chance to check it out
>>
File: waiting.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>>334706117
blizz didn't invite enough people for the weekend beta. I kept running into this scenario.
>>
>>334705408

Paladin
>>
>>334706636
That because servers were dying from how many people were playing, you retards I swear.
>>
>>334705408
Doom overwatch and battleborn why everyone had a beta week end at the same time?
>>
>>334705408
Battleborn probably won't survive a year.
>>
>>334706537
Yup, but i was shit, so didn't miss out on anything.
>>
>blizzard only inviting the hardcorest of blizzardrones into their game early
>they go on to shill it as hard as they can for big poppa blizzard
>all that FOV shit that had to be drilled into the devs before they changed it
>20 ticks

Red flags fucking everywhere
>>
>>334708384
>try to play new hot meemee game everyone is sperging about
>wait and wait and wait for a match
>looks pretty sparse
>bring this up on /v/
>"S-Stupid! It's just b-because Overwatch is so popular is all! Y-Yeah, that's right!"
>>
>>334710345
>hardcorest blizzardrones
I literally got two beta invites on a f2p wow account that has no paid games. in fact, it's one I made for chinese servers, and I only use it as a second chance opportunity for beta invites.
>>
I enjoyed battleborn more.
I expected overwatch to be something good. But after playing it I feel like this game was being shilled just cuz its from blizzard.
>>
>>334710513
Servers literally crashed 3 times during the weekend, idk what else to tell your retarded mind, when they weren't down waiting for matches was always <10seconds.
>>
>>334710513
my queue didn't took longer than 30 seconds.
>>
>>334705408
Overwatch. Not even a competition. Battleborn is woefully mediocre. It is better than Doom 4, at least.
>>
Battleborn's dialogue wanted to make sure I knew at all times that I was playing a Gearbox game.
>>
>>334710513
It's called a stress test, you inbred cumstain
>>
>>334710513
Absolute bullshit. I found matches in 20s at worst all weekend. You're just salty you didn't get invited retard
>>
>>334705408
I had more fun with doom. Didnt even try battleborn. Overwatch was lame.
>>
>>334709049
Given the reactions and opinions I've seen, I don't see enough people dropping $60 on it for it to be sustainable. It'll definitely go to f2p before the year's end. Even Randy Pitchford admitted that the game isn't generating the amount of buzz they were hoping for.

Frankly, it's their own fault, though. I suspect that they're trying to branch themselves out to be known for more than Borderlands, but I think they would have been a lot better off using the Borderlands IP as the setting for Battleborn.
>>
>>334705408
It's legitimately apples and oranges, but Overwatch will win in the long run. Battleborn/Overwatch is just TF2/MNC all over again. Honestly, I really want Battleborn to do well since it legitimately is a fun game, and probably the most fun MOBA on the market. The issue is that Gearbox just made too many bad decisions for it to do well in the long run.

>Release beta at the same time as Overwatch
>Release game within the same time period of Overwatch
>Market the game similarly to Overwatch, without denoting the main differences between them
>Charge 20$ more than Overwatch

It's like they're TRYING to fail. The fact that threads here and on /vg/ frequently hovered around page 8 while the beta was still going on is indicative that people don't give a shit about the game, or don't understand it.That's incredibly worrying for a multiplayer focused game.
>>
>>334711448
>Release beta at the same time as Overwatch

Pretty sure Blizzard announced their stress test last minute just so they could do it at the same time as BB and take the piss out of them.
>>
>>334711656
And they did a surprisingly good job at it too.
>>
Battleborn isn't terrible but it's impossible to convince my friends to pay $60 for it. On the other hand, they're all hype for overwatch despite not playing it once. Marketing won this war before the battleborn beta even came out. The games aren't even similar
>>
Not a single Battleborn character is well-designed or memorable.
>>
File: 1388247116990.png (92 KB, 385x283) Image search: [Google]
1388247116990.png
92 KB, 385x283
>>334711448

I always never understand these competitive releases myself. I havent even wasted my time trying battleborn, despite being interested in trying it, because I know it will fail.

I did like MNC/SuperMNC but that shit died in less than 6 months. People are going to piss around have fun get bored and move on but blizzard has such a tight grip on its fanbase casuals will keep coming in, thats the main advantage here.
>>
>>334705461
True story bro
>>
>>334705408
they're two different genres faggot
>>
>>334712029
>games have to be carbon copies of one another in order to compete
>>
>>334711087
Yeah battleborn is too cringe for me to actually buy but as a free game it's okay.
>>
File: 1386125179185.jpg (18 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1386125179185.jpg
18 KB, 313x286
>>334705408
>WAIFUWATCH VS. LITERALLY WHO THE GAME
Gee who wins?
>>
why would they choose suxh a horrid tickrate for a fast fps? how can anyone play that garbage
>>
>>334712229
Ranked/Customs will have a tickrate of 60, which is basically the same as TF2.
>>
>>334711415
What they needed to do was spend more time developing the singleplayer, or cut the price in half. If the singleplayer was a more fleshed out, 10 hour experience,I could justify dropping 60$ on it easily. As it stands, they're absolutely insane charging box prices for a multiplayer game with a 5 hour campaign. CoD and Battlefield can get away with it because they're casual magnets. Trying to wedge your way in between the already heavily crowded MOBA, AND now TF2/Overwatch scenes while charging more than ALL of them is just dooming yourself to failure.
>>
>>334712226
No one.
>>
>>334712343
they keep saying this but they are having trouble keeping servers up with a shitty tickrate and they have yet to show this higher tickrate. just curious as to why someone would want to play at that level
>>
>>334711782
While I do think that Battleborn hasn't been marketed enough, I doubt it would really matter.

You could show me videos of Overwatch and Battleborn without telling me their names or who developed them, and I would still pick Overwatch every time. It simply looks better and is more exciting to watch. Battleborn gameplay essentially looks a lot like Smite, except with a worse aesthetic despite having slightly more graphical fidelity.
>>
>>334711448
>It's like they're TRYING to fail

More like they don't care if it miss or hit, you would be surprised but it happens a lot more than you think.
>>
Stream of consciousness impressions for Overwatch:
>extremely polished
>fast pace
>tf2 modes, nothing new
>limited map pool
>play of the game feature favors multikills
>vertical movement more interesting than expected
>many Qs are one button teamwipes if used well, not sure if this is good or bad
>heavily favors team play

Battleborn:
>framerate all over the place
>UI appears to be from console
>very Gearbox aesthetic
>visual feedback noisy
>gunplay was alright
>game modes are different from most fps
>co-op mode decent but took a long time
>class design interesting
>unlocks are required for proper pvp and grindy

If I had to pick only one to buy, I'd pick Overwatch because it's simply the more polished of the two. I enjoyed Battleborn, though, but it's got a lot of rough edges.
>>
>>334712825
>20 tickrate so even retards from brazil can play tracer
>>
>>334712940
As someone who likes playing FPS but doens't play them at the highest level, this felt surprisingly reasonable.

You can set it to a higher rate in custom games, though, which is where it really counts, so it's not inconceivable that Blizzard increases it across the board in the future.
>>
>>334706636
It isn't even like that without all you fags playing for the most part.
>>
Which one has a thicc girl?
>>
No one. This is a genre that will probably die out in a couple of years, but that's just my two cents.

The games, both, feel extremely souless, especially Battleborn, but again, this is my opinion on Gearbox games in general. Blizzard have established franchises that resonate with a lot of players and that's always been their favourite trick.
>>
>>334713306
Both, but Battleborn's artstyle makes Reyna look like a man.
>>
>>334713343

Blizzard funneled money out the ass on advertising and paying off popular streamers

The game is mediocre and Blizzard is betting on a huge advertising push similar to Destiny
>>
they are both shit desu
>>
>>334705408
Paladins
>>
>people complaining about fov, thiccrate, fps
overwatch is a casual shooter, you retards. i really doubt blizz will give 2 fucks about technical issues in this game. and it will sell well.
>>
>>334713635
How is that game? It's got even less marketing than Battleborn.
>>
>>334712667
You are clearly underestimating the casual market mentality, of course it would matter.

Nintendo's lack of marketing on the Wii U made the casuals think that it was some sort of peripheral of the original Wii instead of a brand new console.

Marketing is the key to setting up hype and clarifying what the game is all about to the masses, see Destiny as another example, since Activision marketed the game to hell and back because of Bungie's legacy and despite the game being shit it sold a lot of units.

EA's Battlefront is another prime example of marketing's power. Shit game being shown as the trully worthy succesor of Battlefront II.

Marketing is gold, anon.
>>
I'll never understand this debate as they're two completely different genres of game, but I'll also never understand people retardedly defend a video game like overwatch, parading it as the next masterpiece of gaming. This is blizzard you fucking idiots.
>>
>>334712226
the jews
>>
>>334706636
gee, i wonder what STRESS FUCKING TEST means...
>>
This isn't even a question. Overwatch
>>
>>334705408
battleborn was more fun
>>
>>334714268
Because Blizzard has Activision's warchest, also they are still relevant to the casual crowd for being "legendary" developers, unlike Gearbox who isnt as rich as Blizzard and its only known for making Memelands, and for popularizing Season Passes.
>>
>>334705408
i didn't get in the overwatch beta and battleborn is complete shit
>>
>>334705408
Doom
>>
I played Overwatch and I feel like I've exhausted everything this game has to offer in just two days.

Not buying.
>>
>overwatch
>by current-day Blizzard

>battleborn
>anthony burch writing

They're both poison
>>
>>334717170
Burch doesn't work for Gearbox retard.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 727x386) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 727x386
>>334717278
Kill yourself faglord
>>
>>334717438
https://twitter.com/aaronlinde
this guy also wrote for battleborn
>>
>>334717438
>9th September 2014

From what I've heard his writing didn't make it into the game. None of the stuff I came across while playing sounded particularly like his stuff either.
>>
File: 1458974551504.png (271 KB, 519x319) Image search: [Google]
1458974551504.png
271 KB, 519x319
>>334705408
>Overwatch servers crashed 3 times while I was playing
>only reason battleborn servers have gone done is for maintenance and a balance patch
I know which one won for me
>>
File: 1405785514471.jpg (13 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1405785514471.jpg
13 KB, 208x208
>>334705408
Overwatch

Played Battleborn and man that shit was shit, played one game and it was fucking miserable, the gunplay was fucking garbage, the artstyle is garbage. Meant for Mobatards who just want a first person shooter Moba and don't care about the quality.

Overwatch felt smooth as fuck and fun as fuck. 10/10 haven't enjoyed a multiplayer game this much since Titanfall
>>
>>334717438
Haven't seen a lesbian or gay in thw game yet
So naw he probably wasn't involved heavily in the game
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.