[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of paragon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 640x360
What does /v/ think of paragon?
>>
never heard of it
>>
Seems like they tried to make an overwatch knock off, threw in more moba elements and made a game slightly better than overwatch. Not much of a fan of either of those games though.
>>
>>334701415
It's fun but currently ruined by their current monetization scheme.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
Should have posted robo tiddies as first image
>>
>>334701759
How so?
>>
>>334701759
This, kinda

Also, the movement in combat is ridiculously slow and I already forgot how I hate wasting an hour on a single match that is slowly but inevitably being lost
>>
It's a better Smite but no one can play it right now without shelling 30 bucks
>>
>>334702091
Whats wrong with the monetization scheme? They have cosmetics for sale and early access for $20, also i think you get a few bonuses for buying early access. It seems almost identical to Dota or HoTS real money items.
>>
>>334701934
>>334702375
Their monetization scheme is cards, which give you a significant ingame advantage.

Also, the rewards from leveling up is random, meaning someone could get a lot from one level and another person could get next to nothing for the same level.

Also as the other guy said, it's really slow for a shooter. This is probably due to it releasing on PS4 as well.
>>
>>334702091
Ive had matches finish in 10 minutes. Longest match ive played was 45 minutes, but those are rare.
>>
>>334702569
I dont think you can buy cards with real money. Can you?
>>
I'll definitely check it out when it's released freely. I do all sorts of stupid and gay stuff but not paying €20 to beta test an F2P game.
>>
>>334702657
I'm pretty sure you can buy the currency that can buy you card packs.
>>
Looks fun but I'm not paying for the privilege of testing the fucking game for them.
>>
>>334702721
Nah Cards are only bought with reputation and you can only get that from playing i have no idea if they are gonna go full jew and add that in later though
>>
>>334702881
But I assume you can boost your "reputation" gain speed like in other Mobas.
>>
>>334702881
You can buy boosts which give you more rep though

Definitely isn't full jew yet
>>
When did this deathball meme start?

I've been playing since one of the first private betas, took a break, and suddenly people just roam around in packs
>>
It makes my Mantorok spells stronger so it's alright.
>>
>>334702721
you can only buy cards with rep, you will be able to buy rep boosters with money but you still have to play to earn your rep

i think you can only buy random cards that become known to you only after you spend your points
>>
>>334703069
Oh you mean like you are supposed to do in team based games? Id imagine that meme started some time around socom 1
>>
>>334703308
Well it's supposed to be like a "MOBA" so if there's no point in spreading out to secure farm then what is the point of lanes and jungles and last hits and shit.
>>
>>334703308
I mean at the start of the game.

From -1:00, for at least 5 minutes people will just run around as 5, completely ignoring all lanes.
>>
>>334703438
Well in the games ive played ive seen that deathballing isnt the most effective strategy. It is however a noob friendly strategy and a lot of people just got into the game with paid early access so i wouldnt be surprised if thats why you are seeing it.
>>
>>334701415
God's pooping butthole
>>
>>334703438
Death balling is an effective strategy because people aren't warding and or have bad map awareness. All cxp is 100% shared among all near buy players. So everyone can reap the effects of jungle farming. But last hitting still provides more cxp so if players have a good head on their shoulders and not over extend while laning. They will out farm the death ball. And the death ball team will be behind.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.