[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played any Souls games. Should I start with Demon's,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (190 KB, 825x649) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
190 KB, 825x649
I haven't played any Souls games.

Should I start with Demon's, Dark 1/2/3 or Bloodbourne?
>>
Play them in release order, you gigantic faggot.
How is this even a question
>>
If you can Demons

otherwise 1,2,3

Ignore BB it is not a soulsgame fuck off with that shit
>>
File: 1429977032334.png (536 KB, 654x585) Image search: [Google]
1429977032334.png
536 KB, 654x585
Demon's or Dark 1
You can skip Dark 2 because it sucks shit from a tube
You can definitely start with Bloodborne, but some of the challenge comes from unlearning certain aspects of souls, which makes the game all the more engaging.
>>
>>334701407

>Play online multiplayer games with dead online first!

Right, m8.

But still, start with DaS1 because DaS3 references it a lot and what little plot there is will make even less sense without it. DaS2 can be played later or skipped entirely, but I felt it was worth what I paid for including DLC.

DeS and BB at your leisure, but the BB online will only get more and more dead while DeS can't get any deader.
>>
>>334701432
>Ignore BB it is not a soulsgame fuck off with that shit
What makes it different?

>>334701568
>>334702269
Is DaS2 a bad game in general or just a bad Souls game? I've never heard anyone talk about it positively at all
>>
>>334701330
Also interested in more opinions on this. Haven't played a single souls game. Really want to.
>>
>>334702408
>Is DaS2 a bad game in general or just a bad Souls game? I've never heard anyone talk about it positively at all

Well, I enjoyed it. I can't read your mind and tell you if you'd like it.
>>
>>334702408
DaS2 is an excellent game.

Ignore the memers.
>>
DEMONS SOULS

Pro's
> The first one, natural starting point.
> Great atmosphere, level design and everything is nice and comfy.
> Each game you play after you will be able to see the improvements and expansions on mechanics without going backwards.

Con's
> Dated and inferior mechanically
> Online is deader than dead.
> Weird unexplained mechanics that require a guide to do certain things.
DARK SOULS

Pro's
> New IP to DeS, so still a natural starting point
> Fantastic interconnected world design (figuring out how Firelink-Burg-Parish-Darkroot all fit together is the exact moment I realised how well the game was designed)
> Probably the most beginner friendly
> Online probably not 100% dead

Con's
> Not as dated, but still a bit compared to DaS3 and BB
> Only people still playing are probably Twinks who will destroy you in the parish and then online will be dead from then on in.

DARK SOULS 2
> No

BLOODBORNE

Pro's
> Again new IP, natural starting point again (less so however)
> Different themed and genre of story of you prefer Victorian Gothic/Cosmic horror over more generic fantasy
> faster paced if you prefer that
> forces you to develop good habits, starting at DeS/DaS can make you reliant on shields and passive/defensive play, which will tear you apart in BB, going the other way is much easier.
> Online is still pretty active, low at the moment because of DaS3 but people will return.
> First level is fantastic, will likely get you hooked once you figure it all out.

Con's
> Story is even more vauge and up to interpretation than Dark Souls. May cause confusion or frustration.
> Least build variety (although more than /v/ shitposters would have you believe)

DARK SOULS 3

Pro's
> Just released, you will never experience first few weeks multiplayer in a Souls game again.
> Newest and has 4 games worth of experience to make quality of life choices.

Con's
> First level isn't great, might not ignite the same yearning for more as DaS1/BB. It gets better though.
>>
>>334701330
Start with Demons if possible, then DS1, skip DS2, play DS3. Bloodborne has godlike PvE and shit PvP but you should play it too if you can.

>>334702408
DS2 has a hundred flaws, some minor, some totally absurd and retarded, but the worst by far is the bland level design. It just doesn't have the same magic as any of the other games of the series and most if not all positive changes were QOL stuff that was incorporated into DS3, a much much better game
>>
>>334702830
> Just released, you will never experience first few weeks multiplayer in a Souls game again.
>literally implying that a souls game will never come out after this ever
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.