[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw a thread on this last night that I didn't get the chance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 33
File: 13Lcab359.png (54 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
13Lcab359.png
54 KB, 240x240
Saw a thread on this last night that I didn't get the chance to look at.

So are invasions actually worth it in Dark Souls 3? How do they work? I'm not sure if I should bother buying the game or waiting for a price drop.
>>
invasions are made in a way that you will always face 4 people ganksquads

the game overall is meh, wait for the price to drop
>>
File: blini cat.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
blini cat.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>334697451
I feared this was the case. Man this series has really dropped off. It is such a shame.

Here is one free Kot for your post anon thanks.
>>
>>334697451
I have been invaded when I'm running with nobody. You are just more likely to get squads of people.
But if you are fighting 4 people then you have a chance of a second black phantom helping you out.
>>
>>334697374
That red eye orb looks so very happy.
>>
>>334697770
every covenant gets to use it now, and you don't even need to join one to get it. Of course it is.
>>
>>334697451
>the game overall is meh
t. pvpcuck
the game is amazing, only online-playing casuals think otherwise
>>
>>334697374
>So are invasions actually worth it in Dark Souls 3?

No

It's fine that invaders should be disadvantaged, but the disadvantage gap is so fucking huge that it makes it worthless. You not only get matched up with people of a higher gear/SL level, but everyone has to be babysat by 2+ people. Rarely does an invasion end up a 1v1. You MIGHT be able to win a 1v2 with some luck and skill, but it's such a rare occurrence you might as well go do something more productive.

Every boss in the game is easier than 90% of invasions where you are the invader.
>>
>>334697374
Invasions suck utter shit. But the PvP is pretty fun for summoning.
>>
>>334697451
Only true for the earlier areas, though you are still likely to face squads anyway since alot of people summon as soon as they see that they're getting invaded. Most invasions are now about using the mobs and environment as effectively as possible which is suprisingly enjoyable in some areas (the harder and longer ones) especially in combination with obscure ring and possibly the one that removes auras.
>>
>>334698084
I hate that as the series progressed they kept gimping the invasions more and more. Demon's Souls did this the best and that was the first fucking game. It's seriously sad. I don't get why From insists on doing this.

The longevity of these games are getting lessened with each new installment. This wouldn't be so bad if the single players remained as good but they aren't.
>>
Invasions are as fun as 1. People bitching about fighting gank squads are dumb, because quite frankly I see more people embered by themselves than I did when people were human in 1.
>>
>>334698302
But can you invade if a host is alone? Or does a host absolutely have to have a summon before you can even begin to invade? Also does co-op at least work the same as it did in 1?
>>
>>334698249
>Only true for the earlier areas

I found it worse as I progressed. It's the worst at the bridge before the twin princes.
>>
pretty "unrelated" I guess, but is it me being just bad at punishing or are chuggers extremely difficult to backstab now? Haven't been able to backstab a single one of those faggots.
Also I have all the reason to hate those guys because I only pvp through the red soapstone and you have to be really fucking retarded to summon a red phantom just to chug in front of him.
>>
>>334697451
I always use NPC monsters to my advantage when fighting more than one player. Works great,
>>
>>334697451
Fuck off nigger
It's a fucking great game
Just because you can't kill gangbangers doesn't make the game flawed
>>
i personally havent invaded yet, but given that invaders can use the environment/mobs to their advantage, it's pretty clear that FROM wanted to encourage this via the "gank squad" bullshit, which is fine in my opinion.

playing souls exclusively for pvp is bizarre anyway.

on a side note, are there any "arena" type areas in 3 like there were in 1 + 2?
>>
>>334698393
Yes, I've been invaded many times by myself. Co-op works the same as in 1, but all phantoms including invaders get estus. Using Dried Fingers opens you up to two invaders while letting you summon a third phantom.
>>
10 invasions today.
7 of them were ganksquads (2+, one of the invasions were a gauntlet of one fight at a time, pretty fun)
1 of them a hoverboard host
10 of them involved look at me i am huge faggot please rape my ass katana snowflake
2 of them was 1v1
>>
>>334697374
>join sunbros
>invade annor londo
>stall long enough for another sunbro to invade
>most are willing to cooperate
>aldrich faithful invade
>can go either way

I win about 50% of the time by doing this. Just sucks to play like a faggot.
>>
>>334698589
99% of people who get invaded aren't dumb enough to fall for the "get baited into monsters" trick by this point. It just ends up a boring stale mate until the invader decides to commit suicide and just try to 1v3 the host team
>>
Hey balance fags. Leave my Dark Souls alone. Go back to your WoW. Invasion is better than ever. Now I have to work for my victories.
If you see horrible game design instead of challange... I'm sorry but I have no idea why you are playing this game in that case.
>>
>>334698758
more like 1% of people, at least that's my experience.
>>
>>334698829
tipp le fetora
>>
File: 114279-hi.jpg (84 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
114279-hi.jpg
84 KB, 636x358
>>334698829
I wonder who's behind this post?
>>
I've been invading the watchdog swamp as a purple drank phantom. Shit is fun. It's like a 3 way fuckfest and nobody knows whose side I'm on. Usually not even me, right up until I start shanking a fool with my rapier.
>>
>when you realize the opposite of "Fromsoft" is "Tohard"
>>
>>334699090

Grape Boy invasions prioritize worlds with lots of players to maximize chaos
>>
>>334698679
I know that feel I was only invaded one time and it was an estus chugging katana wielder who couldn't accept that I could easily tank his forward thrust attacks.
The rest? Fucking ganking covenant while I was solo.
>>
File: 1460068509246.jpg (20 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1460068509246.jpg
20 KB, 600x300
>stick on aldrich for 2 hours yesterday
>already at 45 human dregs
>>
>>334697374
No reason to PVP because you can farm every covenant item besides Sunlight medals I think.
>>
File: 200105-product-thumb.jpg (19 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
200105-product-thumb.jpg
19 KB, 350x350
>>334699059
Yeah don't worry little guy.
I'm coming for you when I'm done with your friends.
>>
CAN THESE DICKWRAITHS DROP A FUCKING SWORD ALREADY?!

ENOUGH LEGGINGS
>>
>>334698593
What about those rumors though. Is it true you can now only invade higher levels with higher level gear than your own?

Or did I get worked by internet trolls?
>>
>>334700104

It's always been that way in the whole franchise, I'm pretty sure. Well not gear, but yeah, when you invade it's only people higher level than you, within a certain range.
>>
>>334698829
There is quite a bit of horrible game design going on though.
Enemies have infinite stamina and poise when attacking and built around fighting the fucking Hunter from bloodborn.
Both Sorcery and Miracles are useless now that their damages doesn't scale with Int/Faith.
Poise is useless and only apparent on the later half of a heavy weapon swing.
Heavy Weapons deal fuck all damage compared to Single handed weaponry.
Pyromancy is more broken than ever (but you wouldn't notice due to almost every enemy being strong against fire) with it still scaling in damage compared to your Pyromancy flame rank and In/Faith scaling. Throw in the 3-4 rings that boost pyromancy/fire/dark damage and you are fucking golden.
Nobody knows the fucking difference between the Blue sentinels and the DarkMoon.
There isn't a fucking point to the Mound makers.
Why are there multiple Area Defense Covenants again?

Oh and Armor is fucking pointless just like Bloodborne so the game is fashion souls. Just decide how many soul levels you want to waste on getting the equip load to hold your fashion sense.

So much wrong with this game.
>>
>>334700345
Armor makes more difference than DS1, especially with medium rolling buffed to 70% Maximum equip load. I'm wearing heavy AF armor and tanking hits like a pro along with medium rolls thanks to Havel's ring.
>>
>>334700104
Dark souls 3 uses soul level instead of soul memory. This means that you can die and lose 100000000 souls and you will not be differently ranked. Only souls spent counts towards soul level. The soul level can be lower -10 for invasions but they go up to as much as + 40 soul level so the ods are always against you.
>>
>>334700215
>when you invade it's only people higher level than you, within a certain range

Could have swore it was within 10 levels of you. Either going up or down 10 levels. So a 110 could invade a 100 up to 120. The weapon thing is a very unnecessary thing to have implemented.

I really wish people would just play these games for the fun of it again. Demon's Souls was great because it didn't have so many people bitching and moaning all the time like Dark Souls 2 to now does. The fandom including streams does seem to be killing these games.
>>
>>334697374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSzyfpjp7tw

It's alright I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>Get invaded in the Grand Archive
>My summons I had with me didn't follow me to the boss room and decided to fight the Red Phantom instead
>Resulted in both getting killed
>Invader chases me for 10 minutes
>Hide behind a dead body on a chair until he finds me
>Run to a nearby elevator
>He jumps in with me
>Quickly exit the game
>I lived and wasted his time
>>
>>334700690
Once you are level like 90 or whatever you get like natural 18% damage mitagation.
Putting on the heaviest armor makes it like 35-40%
Better off just wearing the ninja set and Havels shield later to cast Stone skin and get to 50% damage mitigation with no slow down.
All the element defense and all of the quick rolls. As well as the some of the best stability in the game.
>>
>>334700997
You should be logged back in with none of your souls and He should have gotten Host defeated.
>>
>>334697374
For me half the fun of Dark Souls is playing the game when everything is new and undiscovered, sharing boss strats and discussing best weapons and builds. Waiting for a price drop and buying when the game's no longer relevant almost completely kills off this aspect.
>>
invaded in undead settlement yesterday,
1 host
2 sunbros
2 concord fags showed up

this is not fair

but on the other hand the situation can go
two mound makers
one redphantom
host and two summons so its a complete shit show to the max
>>
Is there another way of getting a dark hand? Because I don't want to have to level my character to get the npc to appear
>>
File: 18994.png (442 KB, 1155x990) Image search: [Google]
18994.png
442 KB, 1155x990
>all these fuckin faggots that don't realize all souls games have a exponentially high gank rate in the first month then it drops off once casuals finish
>all these faggots can't handle gank squads by using the environment
>all these faggots can't handle KATANAS WHICH HAVE MAJOR TELLS
OH I am laffin famalam GIT GUD BITCHES
>>
File: 20160414234023_1.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414234023_1.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
What's the optimum level to get get the most pvp action from Watchdogs of Farron, Aldrich Faithful and red eye orb? right now at SL54 i'm getting insta summons for Aldrich fathful but this is my second character since my first character was too high a level and i'm paranoid about fucking up again and never getting summoned for pvp
>>
>>334701287
Alternatively, he should ask for my permission before attacking me in my game.
>>
>>334698459
Well that makes 2 of us, best I can do is get a hit to the front which is like a quarter of what they just healed.

If you ever get blessed by a 1v1 invasion it just becomes you lose cause I have double your estus.
>>
What is the best invasion covenant?
Is it the Rosario Finger covvy or something?
Also what does the dried finger do?
>>
>>334701845
Watchdogs is low level
Like SL 20-35 max and weapon upgrade at most to +2 if you're higher than that it might take 10-15min per invasion rather than the 5minutes
>>
>>334702004
Are you fucking serious? Use fextralife stupid fuckin normie
And if you don't know what that is Google it
>>
>>334702050
What about aldrich faithful? I'm really digging the pvp and don't want to be locked out again. using the red eye can be fun sometimes but usually it's getting ganked
>>
Just like Dark Souls 2, they completely fucked up the pvp because they messed up invasions.

DS3 has no legs, online will be dead in a month.
>>
Summoning phantoms really needs a cool down or something. It gets tiring killing the same golden faggot over and over again while the host just runs away.
>>
>>334702325
You're invading someone else's game, you play by their rules. Use mobs to your advantage.
>>
>>334697451
>game just literally came out
>its super casualized and everyone and their mother is playing it
>complain that every invasion is always against multiple people
Fuck, I knew you people were retarded, but are you reallly going to be this fucking retarded?
Wait a fucking year or two, itll be the same shit as DeS, DS1 and DS2. ITS A FUCKING BRAND NEW GAME THATS SUPER POPULAT OF COURSE EVERYONE IS GONNA SUMMON OTHERS SO THEY CAN BEAT IT EASILY YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>334702419
Kill yourself
>>
>>334702197
Aldritch is all over right now it either works or doesn't kinda like sentinels the surefire way to invade is the red eye orb
>>
>>334697451
I'm convinced that all Souls shitposters are gankfags. Bloodborne got absolutely blasted for not having a bullshit gankfest online, DESPITE being the best Souls games. Now DaS3 is getting blasted as well for the same reasons.
>>
>>334702673
>Bloodborne
>not having a bullshit gankfest online

You never played Bloodborne did you? The invasion system is identical to DS3 where you can only invade if someone has "switched on" co-op, with the exception of the nightmare, the only area where you can invade someone alone.
>>
>>334701872
You gave it.
That's ember.
Retard.
>>
They're fine but don't expect any honorable duels or anything like that. You have to be tricky and use the world to your advantage. If you're looking for duels use the red soapstone.
>>
>>334702978
And I circumvent that via exiting out or wasting their time. There should be a permission to invade system. You'd be playing an get a notification with something along the lines of "This player wishes to invade you, do you give permission?" and you would select yes or no.
>>
>>334702978
>Helping someone beat a boss gives some faggot permission to mess up my game

You are one dumb shit.
>>
Why didn't they include a PVP arena like DS2 had? That was actually a fun feature.
>>
File: 1460379063320.jpg (89 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1460379063320.jpg
89 KB, 333x500
>>334698084
>>334697451
>>334697374

90% of my invasions have been 1v1 I dunno what the fuck /v/ is on about. Invade in Archdragon peak 2nd bonfire. Most of the time the host will get rekt by havel or the other phantom.
>>
>>334698302
>I see more people embered by themselves than I did when people were human in 1

You're a fucking liar.
>>
>>334703130
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1460476343226.jpg (18 KB, 475x355) Image search: [Google]
1460476343226.jpg
18 KB, 475x355
>>334703130
>>334703158
Look son, Faggots!
Also git gud.
>>
>>334697374
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334703375
>>334703394
You know in fucking with you, right?

This is why we need a PVP arena back. Lock healing and make it 1v1.
>>
File: 1433200190408.jpg (20 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1433200190408.jpg
20 KB, 500x281
>>334703130
The whole fucking point of humanity/ember is "I'm too much of a fucking baby to do this area without extra hp and/or stats" and the game thereby punishes you being shit by opening you up to invasions. In DaS1 it was a very good risk/reward incentive but in 3 I've been embered 100% of the time and I've got invaded solo a total of 6 times in nearly 70 hours of gameplay.

There is no longer any risk associated with embering because of From caving in to little fucking faggot crybabies like you. Just fucking play a different game if you don't want to partake in the online of Souls games.
>>
Invaders get estus, help from all the enemies and traps in the zone and the tactical advantage of being able to ambush the host

If it's such a big deal just run away and crystal out when you see a gank squad and get butthurt. I've maxed like four covenants across two characters invading and it's just as good as it's ever been
>>
>>334703658
I do want to though? Just not when I was trying to finish the game.
>>
>>334698536
it really doesn't. 3 guys running at a mob, each hitting it once. all you get is 1 or 2 hits, then youre fucked and have to run
>>
>>334703808
Turn your router off then cocksmoker.
>>
The way it worked in DaS 1 is that you can invade anyone that was a higher level than you. That means you could invade an SL 300 at SL 1. As the host you can summon and be invaded by +- 10 levels +- 10% of current level. So an SL 100 has a range of SL 80-120.
>>
>run into 2 man co-op teams frequently
>4 dudes mean I'll have a co-op invader in seconds

Invaders disadvantages are life totals and estus limitations.

So why in the fucking world would you not, instead, utilize the level and enemies to your advantage? I frequently ambush during times when hosts and ghosts are dealing with mobs or environment traps; if they kill the monsters, I bail the fuck out and run to the next group and try again.

You stupid fucks have some weird expectation that, when you INVADE some dudes game BY FORCE WITHOUT HIS CONSENT, that he should be fighting fair with you. This ain't PvP niggers, you have red signs for that. Being an invader is about being an unfair additional foe to areas, not sicknasty 420 duels.
>>
>>334697374
I don't get most of these people. Is it "muh honor" dueling or some shit? If you're invading and there's a gang, get fucking creative, have fun...its a video game. Fuck if the host is cheap, I'll be cheap too, use the levels enemies against them like they're using summons against me. Pvp isn't 100% perfect, but its so fun being caught up in a 4v3 fight while the host worries about 2 large Crab Nicholsons chasing them down too. Seriously, you all need to "git gud" and stop crying about not being able to rape someone when you have nothing to lose when invading.
>>
How popular is the Spectator Arena behind Sullyvan
>>
>>334704531
>>
>>334700345
>Enemies have infinite stamina and poise when attacking and built around fighting the fucking Hunter from bloodborn.
Don't use a shiled against them.

>Both Sorcery and Miracles are useless now that their damages doesn't scale with Int/Faith.
Spells are better off as tools to be used in certain situations. Just because you can no longer depend on them 100% does not make them useless.

>Poise is useless and only apparent on the later half of a heavy weapon swing.
Part of learning a game is to get to know what stats are not good. A useless stat in a game does not make it broken. All games have them.

>Heavy Weapons deal fuck all damage compared to Single handed weaponry.
Heavy Weapons are also slower and easier to avoid. You are in a more fucked position should you miss or swing at the wrong time. Better? Yes but also harder to master.

>Pyromancy is more broken than ever (but you wouldn't notice due to almost every enemy being strong against fire) with it still scaling in damage compared to your Pyromancy flame rank and In/Faith scaling. Throw in the 3-4 rings that boost pyromancy/fire/dark damage and you are fucking golden.
Just because something is strong it doesn't mean that it's broken. DS3 is about the kindling so in a way it makes sense that pyromancy is strong just like it made sense that hexes were incredibly strong in DS2. Again. It's about adapting to the game.
>>
>>334705143
>Nobody knows the fucking difference between the Blue sentinels and the DarkMoon.
DarkMoon are at war with Aldritch Faithful. Blue sentinels are only sworn protectors of the Way of the Blue. Redundancy does not break a game.

>There isn't a fucking point to the Mound makers.
Mound makers ad flavor since they can do whatever they want besides fighting bosses. Believe it or not. Not every player playes the game to beat it as fast as possible so they can tell the internet how they beat every boss on the first try. It is a fun covenant because one minute they can clear the level for you and the next they can kick you off a ledge.

>Why are there multiple Area Defense Covenants again?
Different areas and different ranks to gain.If you get tired of one area you can just join the other covenant. Again, redundancy does not break a game.

>Oh and Armor is fucking pointless just like Bloodborne so the game is fashion souls. Just decide how many soul levels you want to waste on getting the equip load to hold your fashion sense.
But it is fun to sacrifice levels to look good while killing things and you need to be good at the game to beat it. You can't beat DS only by putting stats in the right place.
>>
>>334697374
>Not buying it immediately to shit on noobs, abuse meta, and find epic 4v3 battles.
>>
What's the best level for invasions in swamps because I am gonna stick to this level for the rest of the game
>>
File: 1455906177649.jpg (105 KB, 673x960) Image search: [Google]
1455906177649.jpg
105 KB, 673x960
>>334705441
It's hilarious when things come together.
>tfw FFA clusterfuck with host, red, purple, blue and area defender phantom
>>
>>334706657
Someone ?
>>
>>334706657
Between 30 and 40 with a +3 weapon. You'll get invasions all day.
>>
>>334702513
Aldritch works fine for me. The longest I've had to wait to invade was a minute.
>>
>>334702513
Aldrich has worked perfectly for me, summons like every other second.

Sentinel/Wolf has been shit though, not a single summon.
>>
>>334704360
>Get creative

It isn't minecraft m8, you can't use "the enemies against them" if they're not stupid enough to fall for the bait (most people aren't stupid enough). Explain how creativity saves the day when you're getting gang raped by 3-4 people

You have 2 seconds to respond because that's how how long it takes to be get killed by the host and his baby sitters
>>
>>334698679
>10 invastions
>7
>1
>10
>2
20?
>>
File: 1381134007100.jpg (124 KB, 591x450) Image search: [Google]
1381134007100.jpg
124 KB, 591x450
>>334707562
Are you seriously this dense or are you baiting right now lad?
>>
Getting a full Red Eye Orb is easy as fuck compared to the other games.

You will always be facing either 2 or 3 people when invading

if you die while invading, you drop your fucking souls where you died when you were invading.

game is alright, much like DaS1 the first half is GOAT and the second half is shit.
>>
>>334704360
Level enemies don't do shit if the host doesn't go near them. At that point its practically a stalemate since host will just stay away where he is while you hang out with the enemies.
>>
>>334697374
They're worth it but you'll have to work really hard for the win. You have to just roll with it and not get mad when you lose a 3v1 to dark sword r1 spammers which will be 80% of what you invade
>>
>>334707815
Don't forget the host can straight up turn all the enemies against you too.
>>
>>334708038
>3v1 to dark sword r1 spammers which will be 80% of what you invade
>worth it

Choose one. Not saying invaders shouldn't have it hard, but it gets to the point where it's just silly.
>>
File: 1459708748952.png (236 KB, 537x608) Image search: [Google]
1459708748952.png
236 KB, 537x608
>>334697451

I can't wait for this meme to end.

It's entirely possible to invade 1v1. You're playing at launch and there are a ton of shitters summoning. No one ever complained in DS2 or 1 when you were outnumbered so I don't know why that became so popular now. The normal enemies in Dark Souls 3 are also generally stronger than in previous games so having them on your side is a tremendous help. The only disadvantage invaders have are that Hosts have a 30% HP advantage and that Lloyd's Talismans are slower, shorter and have a very negligible AoE.
>>
>>334708070
That is assuming they has the item to do so.
>>
File: 1460480351379.gif (620 KB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
1460480351379.gif
620 KB, 191x200
>>334708352
If there's one thing that really annoys in DaS3 it's how shitty the talismans are. I wish they'd be faster or at least have a bigger range.
>>
>>334708352

This x100

Ever invade Anor Londo in DS1? 99% of the time the host was going to be flanked with summons to go fight O&S. And yet hosts still got gankspanked all the time in a level that's not nearly as fucking evil as Irythil Dungeon or Crab Lake.
>>
>everyone you invade has either 1 or 2 buddies
>if you die, you drop your fucking souls where you died when invading
>because everyone you invade is shitty and needs to summon, they have no fucking souls
>>
File: 1460788214977.jpg (370 KB, 862x806) Image search: [Google]
1460788214977.jpg
370 KB, 862x806
>>334708038
I see a lot more people with rapier, zwei or exile.
>>
File: 1432745404981.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
1432745404981.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2048
>>334708352

>Phantom goes to chug an Estus
>Throw Talisman at the beginning of the drinking animation
>He still has enough time to roll out of it

Then what's the point?
>>
>get summoned by a host
All right, let's do some co-op
>he summons another phantom
You sure you need that much help buddy?
>he summons a third phantom
Th-the more the merrier right?
>proceeds to sit in place with a greatshield waiting for the three of us to clear the level for him
Just watch a fucking walkthrough
>>
>>334708959
>get summoned by a host
Wait for him to take charge, if he doesn't I just run around pulling more enemies of let the invaders fuck his ass.
>>
>get summoned
>spam call over w/ mature voice "HEY!"
>>
>>334705234
Mound makers should be able to earn their rewards by fighting bosses as well. Now you just know they're going to have to betray you at some point or be utterly useless
>>
>>334708903
You have to hit them with it while they are trying to hit you from my experience. It sucks but they usually begin to fight like retards afterwards and die with minimum effort.
>>
>>334701818
How new are you?
>>
>>334707637
>if you die while invading, you drop your fucking souls where you died when you were invading.
Invading in DS1 and DS2 was just utterly without risk though. If the host dies, he drops his souls and his humanity and has to start clearing the level again from the start. If the invader died he'd just get sent back to his bonfire, humanity intact with no penalty whatsoever
>>
>>334702124
Jeez louiz maen
Are you okay?
>>
>>334709123
This was just for PvE back in SotFS though. Can you still summon 3 white/yellow phantoms in DS3?
>>
>>334708202
It's worth it to me because wrecking bad players and showing them how bad they are makes me feel better about invading

>>334708792
I've barely seen anyone using any if those. 80% if mg invasions everyone is using straight swords and most of those are the dark sword which is impossible to fucking dodge because it's so long
>>
>invading
>dude has moundmaker squad with him
>i'm trynna kill host
>they all kinda on me
>but, i'm doing good, just doing sprint attacks
>fucking run the fuck away 'cause almost dead
>estus estus
>they all charge in to kill me.
>I stack health tho, so whatever
>hit me, and I tank it, and they kill host at same time.

got my rewards, idgaf if I die as a spirit.
>>
>>334709479
It makes PvP not worthwhile in the slightest though.

the fun communities like Anor Londo bridge and Forest in DaS1 won't happen in DaS3 because nobody will want to fucking invade.
>>
File: ds3invasion.webm (3 MB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
ds3invasion.webm
3 MB, 700x392
>>334703124
Pretty much this. It basically forces you to be cheap.
>>
The PVP's fun as fuck, even if you do end up in a 5v1. Although the sliding bug's ruining pretty much everything now
>>
>>334708959
Had a guy that would not stop following an invader I to enemies throughout the level. It was 3v1 and they were all falling for his gimmicks. Left them to rot and die, I'm a shitty blue sentinel. Also had this dude summon 3 people for dancer boss fight, where he ran to the corner and sat there. I caught on to his shenanigans way too late, but when I was the last one left I pulled the dancer over to him where he got his ass wrecked by her infinite spin combo. Fucking hate shitters in this game. Love the pvp regardless tho

>>334709293
Yeah but it is also killing a phantom, not just the host, so they're just like a white phantom, with a twist of risk. It's exciting. I hate it when people summon me as a purple and just want to duel me. Nigger, you're ruining all of the fun by doing that.
>>
>>334710370
Its fun seeing some of those gangs rushing through killing the shit out of everything that gets in their way, enemies and invaders alike.
>>
>Invade some dude in the Cathedral
>Oh wow 3 of them
>"Summoning Blue Spirit through Concord"
>Okay, now there's 4
>Stand near the giant, host uses a seed
>Stand halfway up the stairs, giant loses aggro
>Just stand there dodging arrows
>They can't progress with me here because they're all scared of the giant
>Eventually the host just disconnects
>I wasted almost half an hour of five peoples lives
Feels good to be a dickwraith
>>
>>334711702
You wasted their time and arrows, which is even better.
>>
>>334701531
but mound makers have to put down their mark to invade
>>
>>334712297
You can invade with a red orb and still be a mad spirit.
>>
>>334711343
>I hate it when people summon me as a purple and just want to duel me

you're so fucking out of touch. No reason to ever summon a purple for help. whites golds and blues are over abundant.
>>
>>334703221
No, it was to pander to le esports normies
>>
File: 1460088300201.png (553 KB, 678x718) Image search: [Google]
1460088300201.png
553 KB, 678x718
>>334697374
ill be honest i finished the game just a bit ago, even killed the nameless king, I beat dark souls 1 and did dark souls 2 with no dlc and then didnt buy scholar cause fuck giving another 50 dollars for the same game.

And yet I still cannot for the life of me kick when I need to. I just dont get it, i'm using a ps4 controller and I press the analog stick forward and hit r1 but it seems about 30% of the time does this work when just testing it and in a fight I can never do it when I need too.

Is there something i'm not getting here? Is there someway or somehow to bind this to a key?
>>
What's the SL meta?
I though it was 90 but I keep fighting people with 1300/1500 HP
>>
>>334697451
This is wrong, I already got invaded twice solo. People who summon only have priority, and there's a lot of people summoning now
>>
>>334714197
Host get an HP boost so if they have 1300 then they should only be at 27 for health.
>>
>>334708792
I hope this one gets a ton of fanart
r34
>>
>>334699632
you can get sunlight medals dropped by the 3 Knights right next to the Lothric Castle Bonfire
>>
>>334705143
>Heavy Weapons deal fuck all damage compared to Single handed weaponry.
Heavy Weapons are also slower and easier to avoid. You are in a more fucked position should you miss or swing at the wrong time. Better? Yes but also harder to master.

The poster was saying that heavy weapons DONT do good damage, so the negatives you outline here are not countered by any positives
>>
>>334713298
Out of touch lmao who the fuck are you? Anyway I summon purples all the time to help clear the levels and have a duel at some point. It's just interesting to see where their loyalties are, especially when invaded
>>
Is there an item for infinite invasions?

Sure, bet there are areas like smelter bridge but fair duels on open space just aren't the same as appearing somewhere and looking and hunting someone and becoming the hunted once his gold buddies pop out, which is the best part even if frustrating sometimes.
>>
>>334697374

did they disable the online for DS1 PC on purpose? the steam forums are abuzz with angry dudes saying something about online shutdown coinciding with DS3's launch or some bs
>>
>Invade some guy in the Undead Settlement
>He's by himself
>"Blue Spirit [dumbass] summoned through Concord"
>The blue spirit aggros all the guys near the burning tree somehow
>I'm fighting the host on the bridge, so I can see the blue getting fucked up in the background
>The blue only lasts like 4 seconds before dying
>"Blue Spirit [retard] has died"
>The host stops moving and turns around
>I do the welcome emote and we keep fighting until another red invades so the host runs
Blues are fucking stupid lmao
>>
>>334716687
Do Leonhard's quest, you can get infinite very early on if you're ready to take on a dickwraith.

There's 1v1 all over the place, people are just bitching that when they invade the odds are stacked 3/4 of the time
>>
>>334697451

I only very occassionally see ganksquads of 3 players or more. 1 or 2 players is the most common by far and even 2 players is quite manageable.

Even if you do face a lot of ganksquads you can just use the Mound-makers covenant. You win as long as you kill a single phantom.
>>
>>334705143
>Just because you can no longer depend on them 100% does not make them useless.
No. You can't depend on them at all. You are far better off equipping a bow because at least that scales in damage.
The highest powered Mircle and Spell deal as much damage as half of my +10 dark sword's single attack damage.
It takes too long to fire off and yields such a shitty result that you are just better off using bows or throwing knives.
>>
>>334697374
I don't care what anyone says, knocking the bridge out in the catacombs, with 3 people on it is priceless.
>>
Souls PVP almost always sucked for one reason or another.

And even if From didn't always fuck up at the finish line, the game just isn't really designed for player vs player, and the netcode is atrocious.
>>
>3v2 with 2 aldrich and red against a sunfag and a chugging host who keeps summong his sunfriend
>red phantom decides to attack us when the host is out of estus and then runs off a cliff

bravo rosario faggot
>>
>>334697374

Every covenant can use/obtain the orb, quite early even.

There's one "new" covenant as far as I'm aware. The mound-makers can either be summoned by using a white soapstone, BUT can also attack and kill the host, but also all phantoms and enemies but dissapear once the host starts the bossfight.

When they invade, the invade as a mad spirit which can attack the host and phantoms, and can "win" by killing one or two phantoms of any type. So no need to killthe host at all.

I find this very refreshing and FUN. Also solves the 1v4 problem, since you can try to single out and kill phantoms and still get your rewards.
>>
>>334705143
>A useless stat in a game does not make it broken.
It actually completely does.
It means the stat isn't working as intended and is in fact fucking broken.
>Heavy Weapons are also slower and easier to avoid.
You apparently don't know what Fuck All means. Fuck all means absolutely nothing
Heavy weapons do like 10% more damage than a single handed weapon but due to how fucking slow they attack and how much stamina they use they are no longer viable because they aren't far stronger than they should have been.
>Just because something is strong it doesn't mean that it's broken.
It does. It makes it the only viable magic build since Sorcery and Miracles are fucked.
>>
>>334716905
Let me guess what REALLY happened.
>Red faggit invades other worlds for teh lulz0rs XD XD @r/Dankinvaders
>Glorious Blue God is summoned by the host
>Proceeds to beat your bitch face all over the place
>Right after he finishes on your back you disconnect, go to 4chan and type an angry post
>Host proceeds to find and fellate glorious Blue Knight

Blue Sentinels are not guilty of stopping your faggotry.

Also
>Red
>Not Purple

It is as if you enjoy to be a joke.
>>
>>334717368
>red phantom decides to attack us when the host is out of estus and then runs off a cliff

I will never understand this. I invaded some faggot who had a grapebro working with him and another Rosaria invaded as well. I was thinking "Oh, sweet, we can 2v2 this shit." Fucking retard makes a straight beeline to me and starts attacking. I dodge for 2 minutes to see if he gets the picture but he doesn't. I go try to kill host and grapeman and the retard STILL attacks me.

I've been having fun on a new guy invading as a grape though. Leads to fun stuff.
>>
>>334700345

>enemies have infinite stamina and poise

I've killed every enemy up until now by either stunlocking them, or attacking their shield untill the stagger and then riposte them.
What the fuck are you on about
>>
>>334716967
Didn't get the game and won't any time soon government is so retarded with economy dollar conversion ratio to my currency is so fucked that 50$ is pretty much half of the average wage and i need to buy a new controller on top of that which costs a bit more

Great to hear infinite orb is back though, DaS 2 made me hesitant of invading and just prevented being relaxed because i could waste an orb.
Time for irl deprived run.
>>
>>334717758
I just invaded a guy who had 2 sunfags with him, killed them both and he spent the next 4 minutes rolling around estusing until he could summon them both again.
>>
What's the penalty for dying as an invader? Do you lose your souls, but you can pick them up in your world?
>>
>>334717896
I had an invasion where I killed the same phantom twice but killed the host before he spawned the third time. Cathedral is a fun place to invade.
>>
I run Gold Meme Warrior because Red / Blue seems fucking grindtacular and post completion content.

I am about to venture into DSIII, are there any differences from DsII in the covenant? I did Sun bro on DsII in about 2 hours tops. I feel Co-op is really fun and all, but PvP seems to be grindier while PVE covenants are really short, and stuff like Bell Peppers / Ratboy Genius require waay too much patience as I had to wait 20 minutes for a single invasion / call.
>>
>>334718032
>tfw you rarely ever get back up as aldrich when they keep summoning phantoms
>>
File: Doomguy.png (89 KB, 283x244) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.png
89 KB, 283x244
>wanna get the game
>R$100+
>no guarantee it'll even run on my PC
>pirate it to check
>chock full of light bugs and drastic framerate drops
>no way to know if it's because of the pirated version since no one reported it on the steam forums yet
>too afraid to waste 100 bucks
>mfw

What the fuck do I do? I'd ask this for my birthday tomorrow but it's way too fucking expensive to burden my friends with. Any non-piratefags here with low end PCs can confirm any graphic bugs or FPS drops? the game barely runs at 12-15 FPS here
>>
I spent 4 hours trying to summon phantoms for Nameless king.

I fought him once.
>>
>>334718119
On Steam, you should be able to refund within 2 hours of playtime, though I don't know if that applies to all countries.
>>
All these threads boil down to "I'm too bad to kill someone, therefore PvP sucks". Literally git gud you fucking faggots. I'm racking up kills en masse right now because people are just plain bad. Stop sucking cock and learn to play, really.
>>
>Do Sunbro coop
>only ever get people who haven't even tried the boss before summoning or gank squads
come on man
>>
>>334718119
>>pirate it to check
Honest question, what kind of specs do you have?
It is pretty straight forward to check specifications for most standard software these days, there are only two vendors and at this point, and outside energy efficiency and overclocking more or less the same for hardware released from 2008 to this point.

Check jewtube, there are channels that run gameplay videos on all sorts of settings like FX + 580 and shit like that on the full game.
>>
>>334718386
>>only ever get people who haven't even tried the boss before summoning or gank squads

Place your sign waaay back
Chances are invasion or jolly co-operation.

Same happened in DSII, I used the opportunity to fight Sihn again, and again because I fucking love that fight.
>>
File: 53451353.png (96 KB, 234x269) Image search: [Google]
53451353.png
96 KB, 234x269
>>334697374
>that picture
Wait a minute....
>>
>>334718296
I considered that, but that still means I'd be sitting on 100 GabeBux™ instead of getting my money back and I'm not really interested in any other game right now
>>
File: Pixel.jpg (269 KB, 597x562) Image search: [Google]
Pixel.jpg
269 KB, 597x562
>>334718530
I thought it was a Cacodemon
>>
>>334697451
I wonder why people complain about this when my experience with the other games was very similar. There's just a lot of scrubs out there who play souls in permanent co-op.
>>
>>334718530

Yes anon. That's been the implication.

Miyazaki likes Berzerk.

Is this news?
>>
File: 888.png (476 KB, 573x730) Image search: [Google]
888.png
476 KB, 573x730
>>334697374
It's mostly host + x phantoms against the invader which would be alright but they decided to let the seeds in the game from DS2. WHY? Monsters were the only thing that invaders had going for them but they completely fuck over us too that way.

Besides all that, you can't even piss someone off with invading him because even if you are able to kill him with his huge backup army there are bonefires literally every few meteres or shortcuts, so he won't even lose time.
>>
>>334718397
I'm pretty sire nobody in their right mind would try to record themselves playing the latest game on a shitty dell laptop with intel hardware

I don't really trust spec checks since the actual ingame performance varies widldly regardless of the recommended specs
>>
File: 34523525.png (499 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
34523525.png
499 KB, 700x700
>>334718679
post more berserk references, we must collect them all
>>
>>334717694
>Red
>Implying I don't invade as a sunwraith
Step it up
>>
>>334698281
> get invaded in demon's souls
> scraping spear again

yea, no thanks. that shit was downright retarded. that being said, it was pretty fun otherwise.
>>
Should I play as knight or warrior for a quality build?
>>
>join watchdogs in NG
>no summons whatsoever
>well maybe I'll have better luck in NG+ when everyone's carrying around a +10 weapon
>put on watchdogs sigil the moment I hit road of sacrifices in NG+
>entire area is now clear with still no summons

Give me a fucking break.
>>
When exactly is it safe to punish/counter an attack in pvp?
Whenever I roll foward to attack the guy always does the classic 180/360 DSII enemy spin due to lock on and gets a hit
What to do?
>>
File: 1456156965278.jpg (128 KB, 740x475) Image search: [Google]
1456156965278.jpg
128 KB, 740x475
>>334719305
I miss it, and want more weapons like it.
Weapons that drain soul level where
Or a consumable that causes a gravelord-type effect as long as the phantom is in the world
>>
>>334719484
use an estoc and poke your way to victory.
>>
File: .jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
Git fucking gud scrubs, if you can't defeat 3 fags using the enemies to your advantage, then you should just stick with red soapstones you fucking faggot.
>>
>>334719620
>TF2.jpg
>>
File: 1360797220785.jpg (68 KB, 469x563) Image search: [Google]
1360797220785.jpg
68 KB, 469x563
>>334697374
This is probably the craziest pvp ever

>invade as grapebro
>end up in a world where there is an aldritch phantom, a white phantom, a yellow phantom, a blue phantom and a red phantom
>>
File: 20160418195031_1.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160418195031_1.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
>Go full smough cosplay
>little broadsword perma-stuns me
why is poise gone?
>>
>>334720584
Because poise was cancer that made fast weapons worthless against havel monsters, now you have hyper weapon.
>>
>>334721209
What is roll?
There is 0 reason to use heavy armour now or any of the big weapons because a small one has more DPS and no poise issues.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.