[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right /v/? Is Dark Souls fucking shit? https://www.yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
35 KB, 480x360
Is he right /v/? Is Dark Souls fucking shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ5_DXWGjeI
>>
pepper to dead editions xD
>>
i can't get the peanut butter stains out of my dick XD
>>
>>334695997
I'm not watching whatever billshit that is but I don't like the souls series very much
>>
>>334695997
I didn't agree with him about Dark Souls but he was spot on about Doom. He shredded that piece of shit.
>>
hey /v/ what's ur opinion on this guy's opinion be cause I need someone else's opinion on someone else's opinion to form my opinion based on the opinion of someone else's opinion
>>
>>334695997
He has notoriously shit taste so I won't even bother watching.
>>
>>334695997
>15 minute review
>attacked a friendly in firelink
>never progressed past firelink

wew lad
>>
File: 1447221961393.jpg (268 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
1447221961393.jpg
268 KB, 736x721
>>334696352
So... he's from /v/?
>>
>>334696410
Proabably, only /v/eddit seems to know who he is.
>>
>>334695997
I love this guy's reviews and I don't even care that he doesn't finish half the games he plays. Even for the games that I like and he trashes he's still entertaining.
>>
>>334695997
Mack is on the money most of the time but he can't and will never be able to get over his hatred for all things console. He played this with a mouse and keyboard because of how much he hates consoles, and most of his criticisms are him ragging on how shitty FROM are at ports.
He'e a good reviewer but you can pretty much disregard anything he's done that involves bad ports. He'll forget to actually review the game.
>>
>>334695997
Never expected to see a mack video here.
>>
>>334695997
This video is fucking horrible.
His follow up video was way better and he didn't sound like an annoying tosser in that one.

Honestly aren't people sick of the whole "angry reviewer" gimmick by now?
>>
>>334695997
Have yet to see him play a game that he wasnt shit at, that skews some of his points of criticism. Still makes fair points at times but hes as reliable as any other youtube shitter
>>
>>334696601
Yeah consoles are his trigger.
>>
>>334696601
FROM is shitty at ports, he was right about that, just not for the reasons he was upset about it.
>>
IZ IT WUURTH A BAIIIYE?
>>
stop shilling these youtube retards please
>>
>>334696601
Pretty much this.
He's never played souls games beyond the very first areas and in DS3 he didn't go past firelink shrine. He doesn't know anything about the level design or the storyline. If only he managed to give up his hatred for the console legacy, pick up the controller and play the game a while longer. I'm pretty sure he would like it. At the end of the day, it's his loss though.
>>
>>334695997
this is why the irish should not be considered humans tbqh
>>
>>334696601
He has a controller now, he bought one for GTA V because he said it played better with one. now he refuses to use it for dark souls 3.
>>
>>334695997
Ain't even clicking that shit.

But I don't like the DS games and honestly can't se what the fuzz is all about. I guess the fanbase consists ot neckbeards who need the 10 second sense of accomplishment of beating a DS game.

What I don't like:

- clunky and wooden combat mechanics
- every boss fight is literally the same - you dodge some combos, then you quickly sneak behind the dude to get a couple of hits
- the graphics are fucking depressing - everything is either brown, grey or a shade of pale greenish sickly hue; graphics are bad overall, I really can't believe people are praising them and the level design - 95% of the game's arenas and world look like the town of Aleppo
- uninteresting itemization and lacking story - you're this fire dude, who... lights fires around the world and beats these bad guys and then you reach the final boss, who... a fiery guy and... fire and souls, generally. WTF? To any fans: I'm not trolling, just tell me what's with the story - what's happening, who is this unkindled, who are the bosses, what is this realm of shadow, greyness and dusty textures?
>>
>>334697751
Honestly most Souls fans don't give a shit about the story.
>>
>>334697430
He's British you fucking bellend.
>>
>>334698116
honestly most souls fans dont give a shit about anything but the fact that it is dark souls.
>>
>>334698116
Okay, I'll rephrase:

What do they care about? Can't be graphics or design, can't be the wooden controls... What do they like? Is it this meme difficulty which makes them feel good about themselves, what?
>>
>>334696410
he loves Fallout 4 and has a boner for open world so probably not
>>
>>334696601
Mack is a shit reviewer. Remember when he sperged out because MK wasn't first person?
>>
File: 1460830564577.jpg (190 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1460830564577.jpg
190 KB, 1600x900
>>334695997
this guy manages to be worse than DSP at games and bullshits even more than he does

I didn't think that would be possible
>>
i dont like this guy at all
>>
>>334698745
He liked just running around Fallout 4 and killing shit, he spent 10 minutes shitting all over the nonsense story and voiced protag.
>>
>>334698262
Northern Ireland is part of Britain you dumb cunt.
>>
Friendly reminder this retard proclaimed Mad Max to have the best combat out of every game released from last year.

If you take his opinions seriously you should be shot.
>>
>>334695997
Did this guy not play DeS, 1-2 and BB?
>>
>>334699136
He played the first 30 mins of DaS with a keyboard and quit
Look at his steam, he rarely plays more than a couple of hours of the games he reviews
>>
>>334695997
>this guy
holy shit does someone take him seriously??
>>
>>334697309
LET"S READ THE WORDS THE WORDS THE WORDS

I wish he'd knock that off. He has some reasonable points, but he can get really annoying
>>
>i play with a keyboard and mouse

already closed the video
>>
>>334699507
Keyboard and mouse is perfectly viable for DS3.

I've beaten all 3 Dark Souls games exclusively with KB+M.
>>
>>334699575
it's bizarre, every time there's any negative point you shouldn't play dark souls in or any game in for that manner there's instantly a contrarian lunatic who acts opposite to everyone else

why do you gimp yourself on purpose where basic necessities are alleviated without having to turn the camera with your fucking mouse
>>
>>334699575
It won't be fun. Only controller is fun
>>
>>334699507
I swear he does it on purpose. He owns a controller and knows souls games need one
>>
He sounds like a complete retard. Is this guy actually popular? Most YT game people are retarded. You'd think people that spent their entire lives playing video games, talking about video games, recording themselves playing video games, and literally earn their living playing video games, wouldn't be so shit at most video games.
>>
>>334700089
Dude, the guy probably got into vidya in 2007 with all the other normies
>>
>>334697751
>clunky and wooden combat mechanics
I don't think that, personally. It's pretty fine to me. It just controls differently. Don't expect >CUUUUUUHHHHHHRAAAAAZEEEEE combat like DMC is because combos isn't its focus. Souls is literally 3D Castlevania mixed with Metroid-like level design.
>every boss type is the same
You basically described every video game ever. What do you do in Zelda? Dodge an enemy and do strikes while it's stunned or you're behind them.
>m-muh items!
It's literally the same shit, using items as an excuse to spice up the gameplay. It does succeed, but it's still a gimmick to make things just slightly more different.
>graphics are fucking depressing
I've noticed you haven't beaten Souls 1 yet. Which is fine. Sure, they're very drab sometimes (especially at first), yes, but there's plenty of colorful areas in that game.
>uninteresting itemization and story
Your opinion, but the story in my opinion is good. You have to get really immersed to make it work. It's literally the equivalent of an Infinity Engine CRPG for Japanese role-playing games.

It's just not your thing. It's cool.
>>
>>334700135
That was almost a decade ago.

How are you not better at what you literally do for a living after a fucking decade. After a decade of any craft or skill you should be pretty fucking boss at it, especially something as simple as fucking video games.
>>
File: dumb_whores.gif (905 KB, 268x191) Image search: [Google]
dumb_whores.gif
905 KB, 268x191
>>334695997
>>
>>334699671
Maybe, just maybe
People have preferences.

>>334699691
Well I played Dark Souls for like 400 hours and I'm pretty sure I had fun.

I mean what's so hard about it?
WASD for movement
LMB for basic attack
RMB for heavy attack
Mouse wheel for changing items and spells
Caps/Tab for lock-on
Left Alt for parry/weapon art
Left shit for blocking

It's not that different from other action RPGs
>>
>shits on X Rebirth while shills Elite: Dangerous like there's no tomorrow.
>>
Yes he's right. Souls games revolve around clunky combat and memorizing telegraphed attacks and performing the obligatory dodge and jab ad nauseum. Faggots think it's hard but what it actually is is unforgiving; you have comparatively few hitpoints and low attack power, the bosses are poorly scripted but compensate by being orders of magnitude stronger than you and the only way you're going to lose is because you either haven't played the boss before or because the mind numbingly repetitiveness isn't enough to hold your attention laser locked the entire time. It's objectively shallow and, if you're not autistic, it's overpraised, bland, monotonous pigshit.
>>
>>334700295
Wow, a DS fan who doesn't go straight for the "git gud" counter.

You're right, I definitely like DMC far more than DS. In fact, it's my favorite vidya franchises. But my problem with DS is not that it's not DMC, it's because I just don't like how it plays, how it looks and it's flaming autist fanbase.
>>
>>334695997
No, he's a contrary an fedora tipper
>>
File: file.png (21 KB, 938x99) Image search: [Google]
file.png
21 KB, 938x99
>>334695997
>this faggot put 93 hours into skyrim
disgusting
>>
>>334695997
of course
>implying a roll and backstab sim is good
>>
>>334701640
Pretty much this, desu.

To each their own, I guess. And from what I've seen so far, a large amount of Dark Souls' sworn fans play it not because they like anything about it but because they want to feel like non-casual and hardcore gaming grandmasters. There is this almost cult-like attitude - "oh, you like dark souls, you're one of us then. praise that fucking sun, hell yeah!"
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.