[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When writing "Sins of the Father", Kojima noted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Kojima.jpg (27 KB, 1010x429) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
27 KB, 1010x429
>When writing "Sins of the Father", Kojima noted to not articulate the n at the end of means in the lyric "Its just means to an end." This made the word means also sound like "me" or "memes" when sung. This gave the sentence a triple meaning since "its just means to an end" could refer to the justification of the actions of the characters in the game, namely Big Boss and Skullface; "its just me to an end" could refer to Big Boss abandoning his country and friends to go build Outer Heaven; and "its just memes to an end" could refer to Big Boss's heroism being nothing more than a meme.
>>
SUCH A LUST
>>
Shame he couldn't spend all this time working on the actual game.
>>
File: bb ayy.jpg (522 KB, 754x1016) Image search: [Google]
bb ayy.jpg
522 KB, 754x1016
>it's just memes to an end
>>
>>334697919
It's not his fault he got fired half-way through
>>
>>334698367
It literally was his fault though
>>
>>334698517
This.

Even with a huge amount of content already present in the game, none of it is really that good. Level design is bland, spec ops is just awful, the missions repeat a lot of the same concepts. Should have focused with quality over quantity.

I will give kojima props on his refinement of the gameplay though. I feel like this is probably the most refined game ever. The animation corresponds to the environment, the movement is so fluid, the A.I. is pretty good. All the gameplay content is refined as hell, but the game does the gameplay no good when the levels are total ass. Consider Fallout 4 for a game that hsa absolutely zero refinement.

I would have much rather preferred like ten unique but well constructed missions to the "50" we got.
>>
>>334698517
No
As a content creator it's his duty to make the best possible work
It's the publisher's job to fork over the dough and make sure that happens for the privilege of the income of the creator's work
Then Konami got disgustingly greedy
>>334698804
His goal was to have the usual MGS quality along with quantity
Konami stopped him and his team from doing their jobs
>>
>>334698921
>Then Konami got disgustingly greedy
If anything, Kojima got greedy. He knew from the very beginning that his game was going to cost way too much to make, and instead of cutting out things during pre-production, he just kept going until konami took notice and fired him.
>>
>>334698921
>His goal was to have the usual MGS quality along with quantity

Then why didn't he put in a button to stick to cover? Why didn't he cut back on some of the shittier parts of the game? The game needs to be edited down so badly.
>>
>>334699030
Kojima doesn't get paid on sales, he has no monetary interest in making a good game that sells well, his only motivation was his genuine passion and him being a professional
Why should he cut-down on stuff that would inevitably lower the quality of his work?
>>334699054
Because he got fired
Stick to cover is lacking from the game and yeah, I'm disappointed, the reason he didn't cut back on shit parts is because he wanted the game to have a certain amount of content and when Konami fired him and cut his funding he had to copy-paste a ton of shit to reach that amount
>>
>>334699283
>Why should he cut-down on stuff that would inevitably lower the quality of his work?

Because video games are about business, like it or not.
>>
>>334698367
He spent five years on MGSV and all he got was an impressive engine and half a game. Konami's response was harsh but also motivated.

He's too much of a tech freak. The tech isn't as important as he makes it seem. He was so fixed on making MGSV the best shit ever that he forgot about deadlines and budget.
>>
>>334695658
>Kojima knows meme magic is real
Was he the first to discover if?
>>
>>334699368
Just because money is involved
And frankly I don't give a fuck
In a capitalist society the consumer gives precisely 0 fucks about the how and why of production, all that matters is what he receives, and Kojima and his team were probably the only guys at Konami that knew this
>>334699531
Tech is a fundamental part of videogames
Why do you think we have TECHNOLOGY threads? And why do tons of these threads feature MGS games?
It's a sign of quality and quality is important
Quality also takes time and money
>>
>>334699767
>Why do you think we have TECHNOLOGY threads?

Technology =/= TECHNOLOGY

Ice cubs melting is not something that needs to be in a game, but it is cool.
>>
>>334699767
To be fair, I'd rather have a complete game with a nice story over impressive tech moments. Hell in TECHNOLOGY threads, there are a lot of shitty games being posted that nobody will ever play because the devs were under the delusion that good tech = good game.

>Quality also takes time and money
What kind of quality takes five years and 80 million USD? That's bloated as fuck. MGSV didn't need to be that. Hell, I'm certain something more focused like GZ would've been cheaper and faster for KojiPro while also being a better paced game.
>>
>>334699862
>ice cubs
Are you talking about a jrpg where you literally melt enemy monsters?
>>
>kojima
>writing anything
Nice meme.
>>
>>334700047
>trying to talk about MGS tech
>doesnt even know about the ice cubes
>>
i hate people who don't pronounce "meme" like "meh meh".
>>
>>334700001
Off by 1
Also Witcher 3 costed 81 million dollars
In Poland, with wages that are averagely 1/3rd of Japanese wages
MGS 4 costed 70 million on 1 platform as a linear games in 2008
GTA V costed 265 million and that's just on the xbox 360 and ps3
RDR was 100 million as well
Modern AAA games are expensive as fuck
>>334700348
Of course I know, I was pointing out the spelling error
>>
>>334700491
>Also Witcher 3 costed 81 million dollars
And was a more complete game with expansion packs on top of it
>>
>>334700590
Made in Poland
Where wages are much lower
And the expansions aren't included in the original budget because they obviously have an additional budget, financed by the sales of the game itself
>>
File: 1450090604266.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1450090604266.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>TPP happened
>>
>>334700491
>Also Witcher 3 costed 81 million dollars
And it had shit gameplay and obviously a lot of compromises to get it open-world.
>>
>>334695658
>could refer to the justification of the actions of the characters in the game, namely Big Boss
But Big Boss has no actions in MGSV
>>
>>334700709
And took just two years to make.
Five years with TPP and what do you have? A half baked game.
>>
>>334700880
>witcher 3 has shit gameplay
nice meme
>>
>>334700880
Exactly my point
Even Witcher 3, a Polish game, had some cut corners and still costed more than MGSV
Konami even had additional funding from GZ but still were too greedy
>>334701028
Witcher 3 had 4 years
>>
>>334701185
Yeah I honestly prefer MGSV over Witcher 3. MGSV was half of a good game. Witcher 3 was a shit full game.
>>
>>334695658
Genius.

This has to be bumped.
>>
>>334695658
Amusing but Kojima didn't write the song.
>>
>mgsv thread
>becomes mgsv vs Witcher 3
>>
>>334700058
>kojima
>good writing
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.